Absolute uberenvironment basics please

2»

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309
    edited December 1969

You can hide the sphere with no detriment to the final render, as it's merely there as a guide. Expand the UberEnvironment in the scene tab and click the eye icon to hide only the sphere.

I've also found I can solve the problem by simply increasing the size parameter from 100% to 200%. Your solution is the more elegant of the two, however.

Very many thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Alex.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Hey the sphere won't even render if you still have it visable. As Scott said it is a guide. But like I said in post 12 on page one of this thread.

Szark said:
    Just one thing to remember with UE2 http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18998/

• edited December 1969

I changed the hair settings as herald of fire said, but I'm still getting blue hair!, less than before but its still there. Does anyone own the reby sky hair and renders with luxrender and can show me how to get it to look right? Should I post printscreens of each setting so someone can double check them?

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Hey the sphere won't even render if you still have it visable. As Scott said it is a guide. But like I said in post 12 on page one of this thread.

Szark said:
    Just one thing to remember with UE2 http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18998/

Thanks for the link but it's well over my head - I'm a relative noobie. I've now mastered the basics of uberenvironment 2, my scenes have much better lighting as a result and I've got some nice shadows appearing underneath my Victorias. I'm a happy bunny for the time being.

Cheers,

Alex.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

If you are happy well that is what matters the most. It will take time to learn just give yourself a bit of time to get the basics down so you undertsnad why you do this and that. Then that link might become clear as to why it might be needed.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I changed the hair settings as herald of fire said, but I'm still getting blue hair!, less than before but its still there. Does anyone own the reby sky hair and renders with luxrender and can show me how to get it to look right? Should I post printscreens of each setting so someone can double check them?

If you can post your material settings it would certainly help to figure out the cause of the problem. Ideally you want to be using Lux materials, so if you haven't tried converting to a glossy or glossytranslucent material that should be your first hurdle to jump.
  • edited December 1969

I've checked my electricity usage (follow me on this) and using lux for extended periods is actually increasing my bill by about 15-18%, add that to the subd and materials problem!

I'm sticking with 3delight for the time being

• edited December 1969

Apologies for double posting......Is the lighting in this pic any better than the previous one I posted. Made using uberenvironment and a distant light.....Should I have increased the occlusion samples? All advice is welcome, I really want to improve

PAGE3cDAZ.jpg
    452 x 504 - 121K