Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5

Comments

• JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @JStryder - thank you. David and I are currently working on Stylised Rendering and the effect is more or less covered by David's and my videos.

Nice woody specular. As for the DAZ figures, you ought to find the elements in the meshes listed (down arrow right of the rainbow icon for the families at bottom right).

Thanks Horo. That figure and the attached are just the base Genesis figure, altered in Hexagon, sent back to Daz and from there into Bryce. Once in Bryce, the only mesh that appears in the list is for the entire figure. Curious, but it is what it is. This problem does not occur with non-modified figures sent directly from Daz.

Finally got the neon working, it is "fiddly" as David has said. But once the effect is working the setting can be saved as a material so the fiddliness is not a serious problem.

Watched your FOV video and applied it in my entry to this month's challenge. Thank you!

chopped2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 137K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,117
    edited December 1969

@JStryder - thanks for the explanation. So it must be that the meshes get combined between Hex and Studio. Thank you for telling us that the video was somewhat useful. Feedback is always very welcome. Nice RGB neon guys!

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Still having fun playing with Gritty Texture Tiles and Matching Terrain.
    Trying to find different ways of presenting them.
    This gets a good effect with the tiles slightly stretched on Y axis and a water plane added to give the impression of puddles.

BudhaSinking.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 261K
    edited December 1969

Great example.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,996
    edited December 1969

David - I don’t know much about software too David. I use Bryce mainly these days and some Photoshop. I installed Daz but did not get around to trying it yet, not enough gray cells to learn another program.

I played with radials and light and enabling the sun, fiddled in the DTE, changing the sizes of the cube and sphere and other options since I last posted yesterday. Never thought about the haze, I will try to increase the haze thickness and see what I get. Using the DTE is very fiddly but it’s fun to see the different effects.

StuartB4 Thanks for this info. Reading the bit between you and Horo maybe I don’t need the extra memory as I only use Bryce and a very old version of Photoshop.

Horo – Thanks for the comment. What is this Process Monitor or do you mean watching the Performance in the Task Manager . it’s so cool that we learn about other aspects of computing together with Bryce on this forum.

Chohole – lovely metaball fairy.

Guss – thanks for your suggestions, I did mess around with the 3rd component but not much success. As David said it is rather fiddly. I’ll try again.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Oh nice Renders...

Here is another one based on the extreme glass/neon shader recipe

its odd the direction my brain goes in sometimes ( or all the time...)

take-out.jpg
    875 x 875 - 162K
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Still having fun playing with Gritty Texture Tiles and Matching Terrain.
    Trying to find different ways of presenting them.
    This gets a good effect with the tiles slightly stretched on Y axis and a water plane added to give the impression of puddles.

Nice one. Very realistic mud and puddles, and the depth of field with the blur in the foreground and background really makes it look more like a photo.
    edited July 2013

Horo – Thanks for the comment. What is this Process Monitor or do you mean watching the Performance in the Task Manager . it’s so cool that we learn about other aspects of computing together with Bryce on this forum.

If you got the LAA program from http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556, you find a bit down the link to the http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1732756 Process Monitor.

The Windows Task manager shows CPU and Memory usage for everything that currently runs on the machine. Process Manager lets you select a single program and shows CPU and Memory usage for just that program. I found it very helpful to see what's going on in Bryce.

@Rareth - your Golden Dragon outline looks great.

Post edited by Horo on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@JStryder: That's a cool image. Nice affects.

@Dave: To my eyes, that image does look like a photograph. Nice job.

@Rareth: That's too cute, Rareth. Now if you animate it to turn on and off...

edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments,

here is another image from the rabbit hole my brain goes into at times..

B-Fantasy.jpg
    875 x 875 - 583K
    edited July 2013

JStryder: Nice affects.

Dave: The puddles are great.

Rareth: The dragon effect is awesome

Horo: Thanks for the link, I only downloaded the LAA.

I increased the haze thickness just by .5 and the renders are looking much nicer. All the other settings are the same as my previous renders. I tried GussNemo’s suggestions too, without much success.

Thanks David for making Bryce interesting and fun. Now to try the neon and the reflectionless glass tutorials.

superreflective13.jpg
    600 x 600 - 132K
    superreflective12.jpg
    600 x 600 - 94K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Either the connection from my PC to this site is funky or this site has become funky. Pages are taking longer than the blink of an eye to load. Wasn't like that earlier today. Anyway...

@Rareth: Latest image looks neat, though the large cloud looks a bit, eh. Like the slight reflection of the letters in the water.

@mermaid: The first latest image reminds me of a soap bubble. And the other image looks exactly like the results I got following David's tutorial, finally I might add. Nice work. Would like to see results from the other tutorials you're working on.

edited July 2013

@Rareth - better than an Fantasy Edition of Bryce 8 would be a Real Edition of Bryce 7.8.

@mermaid010 - the first one looks very interesting.

GussNemo said:
    Either the connection from my PC to this site is funky or this site has become funky. Pages are taking longer than the blink of an eye to load. Wasn't like that earlier today. Anyway...

You're not alone in this.
    forumdown.gif
    981 x 748 - 30K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Wonderful render Dave, once again I wish there were a gallery here so that people can see what you can do with Bryce. On the topic of galleries, do you post your images elsewhere? I forget if I've asked. Do you have a dA account?

Rareth and Mermaid, since you are consuming my tutorials at a rate of knots, I've invented a little something else for you to have a go at. Just to try and slow you down a bit!

Extreme materials - creating an abstract pattern with super reflection 3 - by David Brinnen

First three from the video.

Forth is a closeup.

Fifth uses Horo's extra wide angle lens - which seems to work well with abstracts, available in this package http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-lenses-and-filters

super_reflection1_withbump5.jpg
    850 x 850 - 264K
    super_reflection1_withbump4.jpg
    850 x 850 - 385K
    super_reflection1_withbump3.jpg
    850 x 850 - 497K
    super_reflection1_withbump2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 274K
    super_reflection1_withbump1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 244K
    edited December 1969

Very nice abstracts. The third is a bit busy but the closeup is great. The last is excellent.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Spiffy kaleidoscope type images. I could see them animated to make a screen saver

edited December 1969

Thanks Guss and Horo, for your comments. I'm glad they rendered okay after much trial and error.

Wow David more tutorials to keep me busy. Love the effects you.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Wonderful render Dave, once again I wish there were a gallery here so that people can see what you can do with Bryce. On the topic of galleries, do you post your images elsewhere? I forget if I've asked. Do you have a dA account?

Thanks David (and everyone else for the comments). The only other place I post my images is on my Farcebook account. The thing is that there is only so much time to devote to various places on the internet and I try not to spread my net too wide for fear of never getting away from the computer at all. :)

Yes I agree that the return of the Galleries would be excellent addition and can't help but feel that DAZ is really missing a trick because after setting them up (and how hard can it be?), it's free marketing for their software as well as another great route for people to become members of the 3D community that have gathered round this company.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited July 2013

Wonderful effects - those abstracts; afraid to get started into them at fear of never getting out (love making them).

Meanwhile, here’s another of those 'ivy' works, using the wonderful Ivy Generator ‘ware (a great find) by Thomas Luft – you just can’t do wrong by it.

Title: ‘Font’ ('thirst all you who come here')

Jay

Font-IvyLeaves.jpg
    1100 x 599 - 1M
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited July 2013

Yes I agree that the return of the Galleries would be excellent addition and can't help but feel that DAZ is really missing a trick because after setting them up (and how hard can it be?), it's free marketing for their software as well as another great route for people to become members of the 3D community that have gathered round this company.

The good news is that the galleries will come back, though different then before. No news when it will happen but it's in the pipeline.

@Jamahoney - very nice render. It took me a moment to understand what I'm looking at. The spade is a nice detail.

Post edited by Horo on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2013

Yes agree on the Galleries , and as Horo said they are in the pipeline.

DAZ_Jon said:
    Where as there are parts of the site which have been previously lower priorities compared to other problems, we are steadily making our way on getting things the way they should be as well while still working on rolling out new site features people have been asking for such as galleries, which are coming back only a whole lot better ("soon").
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Rareth and Mermaid, since you are consuming my tutorials at a rate of knots, I've invented a little something else for you to have a go at. Just to try and slow you down a bit!

Extreme materials - creating an abstract pattern with super reflection 3 - by David Brinnen

First three from the video.

Forth is a closeup.

Fifth uses Horo's extra wide angle lens - which seems to work well with abstracts, available in this package http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-lenses-and-filters

Wait.. you gave me Homework to do?? hmmm challenge accepted..

something from tutorial 2

extreme-Ref-test2.jpg
    875 x 875 - 957K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Horo...and, yeah, I think you're right, it's a bit too busy to confuse (tried several background, cottagy-type walls but none suited). I do like that generator, though...will use it again, no doubt.

Cheers

edited December 1969

@Jamahoney - I think everything fits nicely. What confused me was rather that it is almost an isometric render from straight ahead. It took me a while until I recognised the faucet. But do keep it that way. Art is when it makes people think.

@Rareth - another nice result.

edited December 1969

Oops! that doesn't look like David's image

Oops.jpg
    875 x 875 - 785K
    edited December 1969

@Rareth - having your own ideas is even better. Looks great.

edited July 2013

Horo said:

Agreed! Both your new renders look interesting and better than what I offered as a starting point. Excellent.

Edit oh renders...

Yes, should always try to throw in a few renders on the show us your renders thread. Right?

Minecraft_island2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 216K
    Minecraft_island1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 244K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

Agreed! Both your new renders look interesting and better than what I offered as a starting point. Excellent.

Edit oh renders...

Yes, should always try to throw in a few renders on the show us your renders thread. Right?

the first was an extreme FOV with the Sphere in the center of the cube, the second I replaced the sphere with a Dodecahedron, found in the Geometric shapes library.

edited December 1969

Those Mindcraft islands look great, really.

edited December 1969

Thank you Horo,

Something else for folks to experiment with. Bryce "Nuts and Bolts" - generating out of range values with curvature - by David Brinnen

black_dragon2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 316K
This discussion has been closed.