Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988
    edited December 1969

Jay – love the “Font”.

Rareth- you got lovely results with David’s tutorials

I got distracted with the new abstract tutorials. My attempt on Extreme materials - creating an abstract pattern with super reflection 3 - by David Brinnen

The 1st three are as the video and the last I used a torus and the sphere material from the last tutorial.

relfect4.jpg
    700 x 700 - 74K
    relfect3.jpg
    700 x 700 - 127K
    relfect2.jpg
    700 x 700 - 63K
    relfect1.jpg
    700 x 700 - 53K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Jay – love the “Font”.

I got distracted with the new abstract tutorials. My attempt on Extreme materials - creating an abstract pattern with super reflection 3 - by David Brinnen

The 1st three are as the video and the last I used a torus and the sphere material from the last tutorial.

Mix and match, I like the way you are thinking. You might get a better composition for the last image with a narrower FOV. Just a thought.

Well done!

edited December 1969

Jay – love the “Font”.

Mix and match, I like the way you are thinking. You might get a better composition for the last image with a narrower FOV. Just a thought.

Well done!

Thanks David, will give it a try, the file is still open

By the time I tried to post, the narrower FOV rendered.

relfect5.jpg
    700 x 700 - 94K
    edited December 1969

and the last one............

relfect6.jpg
    700 x 700 - 104K
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Thank you Horo,

Something else for folks to experiment with. Bryce "Nuts and Bolts" - generating out of range values with curvature - by David Brinnen

Love this, I had some fun with it...

B-Dragon-exCurve.jpg
    800 x 800 - 286K
    edited December 1969

Looks like it is on fire inside, nice render I like the blur in the reflection. good attention to detail.

I'm just rendering this larger in Octane. The model was made using the DTE in the Terrain Lab input and exported as a mesh from Bryce. Look at that lovely SSS. Octane render, Bryce modeled.

Phase_sculpture1.jpg
    512 x 512 - 63K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,110
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - very nice. I love the last one.

@David - nice effect, I gave it a try, had 5 minutes to spend.

@Rareth - yours looking better than mine.

Bunnies.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 158K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Jay: Lovely scene. I didn't notice the shovel handle, at first, until I saw the larger image. Love the stucco walls. I think the ivy really sets off the entire scene.

@Rareth: Great looking abstracts. To me, the first one looks like a close up of a doily. And that dragon, wow. It's make a great night light.

@David: Thanks for the latest video, it caused me to drift off into left field, at bit. I've run through a few of those islands, water looks really good. Dragon is something else. Objects used for the Octane render look interesting, though my inexperienced eyes don't see the SSS. Still, it looks neat.

@mermaid: Love your results. The sphere and torus thrown in really looks nice.

Ha...David produces an almost six minute video and it takes me almost an hour to get through it. Too many what ifs.

I was able to get the same results, this time, and tried a few different settings as well. I even dialed through different luminance settings in the global ambient, right up to 256, just to see what would result. This worked okay until I set the MRD to 12, then there was a point when the image started washing out. It still looked pretty, but some of the reflections were being washed out.

I did a couple closeups which turned out nice, though too high an luminance and things got washed out again. The last image, if this system plays nice, is with a elongated cube placed in front of the camera so that the top and bottom of the outer cube was still visible. I used the same texture but cranked bump height up to -300. Interesting results.

Extreme_Reflection_39.png
    757 x 757 - 1M
    Extreme_Reflection_16.png
    757 x 757 - 1M
    Extreme_Reflection_7.png
    757 x 757 - 775K
    Extreme_Reflection_2.png
    757 x 757 - 709K
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Love the rabbits and the reflections.

Started another tutorial Monday, I had to take the time and C & P the document into Word because if was so long. The image below is part one of this tutorial.

Lower_Tower_Level.png
    810 x 810 - 941K
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo - thank you. Your abstracts look nice. The modeling tutorial you're doing looks interesting. Modeling can be quite fun, though a bit time consuming.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

Started another tutorial Monday, I had to take the time and C & P the document into Word because if was so long. The image below is part one of this tutorial.

Ah the Leaning Tower of Pisa tutorial, I have that never finished it, always have trouble with getting the origin handle where I want it.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Ah the Leaning Tower of Pisa tutorial, I have that never finished it, always have trouble with getting the origin handle where I want it

Perhaps, your origin handle was too tilted :)

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @mermaid010 - very nice. I love the last one.

@David - nice effect, I gave it a try, had 5 minutes to spend.

@Rareth - yours looking better than mine.

Horo, I'm using the extreme curve material on both diffuse and Ambient strength channels, white to black for the extreme curve
    custom sky, everything off or black, ambient strength is 32 Sun is between 25 and 50 diffuse no specular.

Premium Renderer
    True Ambience on
    blurred reflections on
    RPP 256
    MRD 3
    TA scattering correction on
    Refection correction on

went and did housework for an Hour and a half while it cooked.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    GussNemo said:

Ah the Leaning Tower of Pisa tutorial, I have that never finished it, always have trouble with getting the origin handle where I want it.

Handy hint when using the origin handle;

Set the background colour to Black in the little right hand menu 'Background Paper'. Then the little green square of the origin handle shows up much clearer. Then use top view and one side/front view to place it accurately because if you use the camera or director view, the handle will skew off from it's original axis. :)

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    GussNemo said:

Handy hint when using the origin handle;

Set the background colour to Black in the little right hand menu 'Background Paper'. Then the little green square of the origin handle shows up much clearer. Then use top view and one side/front view to place it accurately because if you use the camera or director view, the handle will skew off from it's original axis. :)

well that I can do.. but this whole unlocking the origin handle in object attributes doesn't seem to work as changing numbers causes the objects AND The handle to move.

edited December 1969

tweaked the latest dragon a bit.

B-Dragon-exCurve2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 258K
    edited July 2013

Rareth said:
    well that I can do.. but this whole unlocking the origin handle in object attributes doesn't seem to work as changing numbers causes the objects AND The handle to move.

Between the rows for 'Origin' and 'Position' on the right hand side of the [A]ttributes matrix window, there is little red padlock icon.
    Click it to unlock the two and you can then change the numbers in the 'Position' row (thus moving the object) without moving the position of the 'Origin' handle. :)

ETA: Dragon is looking really good BTW. :)

Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Mermaid; Just about free if you belong to PC

Gus; Not corn......Sunflowers...LOL

Jay; nice render with the Ivy!!

Heres another one I put together myself.......

new_t1.jpg
    1047 x 621 - 425K
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:

Even better!

On the topic of getting hold of the Origin, for me it only works in the Default Wireframe mode. The Open GL modes are quite unreliable for me in a lot of ways, which is why you very rarely see me employ them in any tutorials. Selection is often iffy and getting hold of handles extra tricky. And moving the origin doubly so.

Oh and here's another Octane rendered Bryce generated via DTE and Terrain lab object thingy. I know it is not exactly a Bryce render, but it shows that Bryce can be used as an unusual sort of procedural modeler.

Phase_sculpture2.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 234K
    edited December 1969

@Rareth - thanks. As with everything new, I need more time than just 5 minutes to get the best out of it. Yellow/green dragon looks nice.

@bullit35744 - good start for a nice model.

@David - that model is awesome!

edited December 1969

Another Metaball multi-replication experiment... This time I was trying to get a seaweed type of growth.

Seaweed.jpg
    650 x 650 - 136K
    edited December 1969

Yup, underwater. Quite a good start.

• M1chaelFrankM1chaelFrank Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:

Even better!

On the topic of getting hold of the Origin, for me it only works in the Default Wireframe mode. The Open GL modes are quite unreliable for me in a lot of ways, which is why you very rarely see me employ them in any tutorials. Selection is often iffy and getting hold of handles extra tricky. And moving the origin doubly so.

Oh and here's another Octane rendered Bryce generated via DTE and Terrain lab object thingy. I know it is not exactly a Bryce render, but it shows that Bryce can be used as an unusual sort of procedural modeler.

That's an amazingly beautiful shape.

• M1chaelFrankM1chaelFrank Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Looks like it is on fire inside, nice render I like the blur in the reflection. good attention to detail.

I'm just rendering this larger in Octane. The model was made using the DTE in the Terrain Lab input and exported as a mesh from Bryce. Look at that lovely SSS. Octane render, Bryce modeled.

Wow, that's fantastic! Dang, I'm itching to try Octane now!

edited July 2013

I've been messing around and mixing some of David's ideas Fluorescent Edge and several high output textures and an HDRI light probe as terrain combining negative and positive lights and the sun.

StrangeCoin.jpg
    800 x 800 - 222K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited July 2013

Cheers, Mermaid and Bullit...on 'Ivy' work.

Oooh, that looks like some nice 'messing', Horo. Do 'mess!' some more.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:

Even better!

That's an amazingly beautiful shape.

Thank you, but other times I just turn out things that look like ashtrays. It's a bit random. I can say though, I do like using Octane just to play with the light. The light is lovely in Octane, really super, special... nice.

Phase_sculpture3.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 198K
    edited December 1969

@Rareth: Yep, Leaning Tower of Pisa, though I'm finding some numerical errors in some of the tables for the general middle level. I know I sometimes don't copy things completely/correctly so I rechecked what I copied and what I entered into Attributes, and multi-replicate. The figures I copied and entered were correct, yet the torus and cube for the top of the pillars fell well short of the top; where the door was placed was directly behind a pillar, not like in the picture in the tutorial; the two cylinders used to create the top brick slabs and arches were landing in the wrong place; and the cylinders and cubes used to cut the arches aren't positioned correctly. Right now I'm in the process of trying to figure out just where these two should be placed to get a nice looking arch. A pain. Your latest dragon gives me the impression of being solid glass or ceramic because of the mouth. It really looks nice.

@Trish: That's a neat image. I'm trying to figure out if is a corridor or a lot of windows with a door in the middle. Nice work.

@David: That is a very intriguing object, it turned out well. Love to see how you made it.

@Dave: Good looking experiment.

@Horo: Thanks for the comments. Your recent image is absolutely beautiful. Tutorial?? Hmmm?? :-)

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Guss: Thanks....I haven't quite figured out what it is either...LOL

Horo: Beautiful!! yes I think a tutorial is in order here???

David: you really are having some really nice results!!!!

Dave: the seaweed looks really great!!

nothing more from me at this time I am in lazy mode again...LOL

edited December 1969

Still Banging my head against a wall with the Origin Handle, with a single Bryce Primitive it works as advertised, but with grouped objects, even with Bryce Booleaned objects, collapsed to a mech, then exported and imported, when I try to use the Attributes to enter in an exact position for the origin handle, all that happens is the mesh bounding box gets bigger in the direction I wanted the origin handle to go.

I know I can move it manually, but I can never get it in the exact spot. (yes there is a bit of OCD there...)

Origin-Test2.jpg
    862 x 717 - 78K
    Origin-Test1.jpg
    674 x 618 - 79K
This discussion has been closed.