RPG Appreciation Thread

Comments

• 12rounds12rounds Posts: 25
    edited July 2013

Here are some of my recent rpg illustrations. I have made literally hundreds of them over the years.

2013-06-25.jpg
    615 x 700 - 187K
    2013-06-04.jpg
    565 x 700 - 206K
    2013-05-28.jpg
    526 x 700 - 222K
    Post edited by 12rounds on
  • MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

12rounds said:
    Here are some of my recent rpg illustrations. I have made literally hundreds of them over the years.

Awesome stuff man! Love to see some more.

Does the outfit on this orc I did this morning look familiar?

12roundsOrc01DS.jpg
    1174 x 1500 - 331K
    edited December 1969

Indeed it does! I'm glad the texture set is still around in forgotten corners of dusty old hard-drives.

edited December 1969

12rounds said:

Indeed it does! I'm glad the texture set is still around in forgotten corners of dusty old hard-drives.

Not too forgotten, lol.. Now that I've got Genesis I can bring them out and put them to use again. I've used them on the M3 to M2 figure a few times as well, but I think this works pretty well. I was always a bit disappointed I didn't have the capacity to remap David's Fantasy Gown to these textures, I would have used them more often (as David's been my go-to figure).

edited December 1969

My latest commission, a group shot from Palladium Fantasy.

FinalGroupShotDS.jpg
    1200 x 771 - 413K
    edited December 1969

My latest commission, a group shot from Palladium Fantasy.

All of these figures are Genesis btw, with a mix of H3, M3, M4 and V4 clothing and armor, and M4 and V4 skin textures..

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...guess this would fit here as it is from my namesak's story that evolved out of her career as runner in the Seattle sprawl.

Forsaken Daughter is Watching you

4 Genesis figures including David 5 (really like him as he makes such a fine elf character.

forsaken_daughter2.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 722K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...guess this would fit here as it is from my namesak's story that evolved out of her career as runner in the Seattle sprawl.

Forsaken Daughter is Watching you

4 Genesis figures including David 5 (really like him as he makes such a fine elf character.

Cool. Is that Shadowrun?

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

my contribution. :)

Paragon2.jpg
    773 x 1000 - 305K
    edited December 1969

...yep.

Stopped at Third Edition. as Fourth felt too much like a P&P MMO for my purposes, particularly with addition the Edge Attribute (basically a "luck" attribute that could be used in effect as "extra lives" like in a videogame). In the old system you had one H.o.G [Hand of God] to pull your hoop out of the proverbial fire with, so you really had to watch what your character got him or herself into (and it came at a hefty cost).

Also, the flavour of the original just wasn't there anymore as the publishers advanced the timeline by seven years (basically killing a lot of the cool ongoing subplots), homogenised magic (there was really little distinction anymore between the shamanistic and hermetic schools), Riggers pretty much became useless, and the entire American Native influence that was so central to the game's original setting was pretty much abandoned.

Also there were annoying rules like skill caps that limited how good a character could really become in their chosen field, so there was little incentive to improve you character after a certain point (at least for the non awakened).

...and Decking (now called "Hacking") was still a mess. Also, now anyone, from a mage to a street sam could effectively hack the matrix (without "jacking in" anymore) as everything went totally wireless and CyberDecks went the way of the mainferame. Basically a character used what amounted to a "souped up" type of smartphone instead.

I hear there's a Fifth Edition out but haven't even looked into it since our game group pretty much broke up a while back and not about to sink a lot of money into an entire new set of game books and supplements.

Pink Mohawks, Street Shamans, Console Cowboys/girls, and Rocker Boys forever!

edited December 1969

...nice. What system?
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...nice. What system?

Thanks. :) And Heroes Unlimited, more specifically the Century Station Handbook. ;)

edited December 1969

Shadowrunners, eh?

Here's a couple of my recent illustrations for Shadowrun.

2012-12-02.jpg
    798 x 700 - 255K
    2013-01-17.jpg
    776 x 700 - 206K
    edited December 1969

...love the Orc. Where did you get the tusks?

I wish there was more actual "ware" props available for Genesis. Bot Genesis is OK but it doesn't have the same look as how I'd imagine cyber limbs from the game would appear.

For the Elf wireboy holding the photo, I used the datajack from Artemis (for V3) which was a pain to fit. Ended up zeroing out the studs that surrounded it as they wouldn't fit flush against the side of his head.

If I had any appreciable modelling skill I'd give it a shot.

edited July 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...love the Orc. Where did you get the tusks?

Thanks. The tusks are hand drawn. 3D is just an intermediate step for me; the renders are only guidelines from which to start.

On the matter of cybernetic limbs, on the attached character illustration I used an age old Daz product called Robot Warrior or somesuch simply hiding the rest of the bot and posing it like David (which is the figure I used). I bought the Robot Warrior and it's companion set almost ten years ago and have used it from time to time for similar effect.

2012-11-28.jpg
    524 x 700 - 179K
    Post edited by 12rounds on
    edited December 1969

...pretty cool.

This is the best I did using one of the original Aikobot arms on of all characters Jinkie for my Gnome rigger Jillian.

....and watch who you call "Short Stuff" Chummer..

who_ya_callin_short_stuff_2.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 415K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...pretty cool.

This is the best I did using one of the original Aikobot arms on of all characters Jinkie for my Gnome rigger Jillian.

That's awesome Kyoto Kid. :)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...pretty cool.

She's a sexy little thing too. As for good cyberware for Genesis, the Cyberpunk for M4 sets work pretty well for my tastes so far. The arms, at least, look real good on the characters I've used them on to date. I haven't tried the legs from the expansion pack yet though.
    edited July 2013

...yep, she was a "little" heartbreaker, who being Scottish, also had quite the temper, along with a high tolerance for the "nectar of the highlands" (Scot's malt whiskey).

Can the M4 limbs they be adapted to female characters?

Been wanting to do a pic of involving Maria Mercurial (my favourite SR celeb) for some time now. According to the novel and description in the supplement, she is supposed to have some really "Swiss" (eg slick looking and expensive) chrome that just can't be mimicked with Bot parts, even Bot Genesis.

Also love to do a pic of my orc character Rosie who was an ex construction worker with a modular cyberarm that had different "tool" attachments. When she said 'I'm gonna' drill ya," she meant it, literally.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...yep, she was a "little" heartbreaker, who being Scottish, also had quite the temper, along with a high tolerance for the "nectar of the highlands" (Scot's malt whiskey).

Been wanting to do a pic of involving Maria Mercurial (my favourite SR celeb) for some time now. According to the novel and description in the supplement, she is supposed to have some really "Swiss" (eg slick looking and expensive) chrome that just can't be mimicked with Bot parts, even Bot Genesis.

Also love to do a pic of my orc character Rosie who was an ex construction worker with a modular cyberarm that had different "tool" attachments. When she said 'I'm gonna' drill ya," she meant it, literally.

I just bought the Supersuit Pro Suit on fastgrab at 70% off and I think it does a pretty good job of making cyber parts.. This is Genesis with partial Freak 3 morph and some M3 Clothes...

CyberSuperSuit.png
    783 x 1000 - 469K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited July 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

I don't see why you couldn't use them on a female Genesis. About the only thing that "might" not work is the "hide" feature for the arms and legs because (I believe) they're based upon M4 UV maps. I haven't tested this yet though, since the characters I needed the set for are male. The cyberarms and cyberlegs (from the expansion pack) themselves should fit to a female Genesis figure no problem though. The same should be the case with the neuroware ports that come with the set.
    Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 1969

I believe this can be adapted to look like Coalition SAMAS power armor from Rifts. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=97617

Your welcome. :)

edited July 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

I just bought the Supersuit Pro Suit on fastgrab at 70% off and I think it does a pretty good job of making cyber parts.. This is Genesis with partial Freak 3 morph and some M3 Clothes...
    ....remove the red seams, find a polished stainless steel shader for his head and you'd have Piotr Rasputin (AKA Colossus).

That does look pretty good. Have to wait until it comes around on FG again.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I'm absolutely loving Genesis autofit feature... This is Genesis 1 wearing V4 Fantasy Ranger by Xurge..

V4RangerMale01DS.jpg
    1174 x 1500 - 397K
    edited December 1969

I'm absolutely loving Genesis autofit feature... This is Genesis 1 wearing V4 Fantasy Ranger by Xurge..

That's pretty good, Mike! I'm soooo happy that Xurge has made some Genesis outfits. :)

edited December 1969

That's pretty good, Mike! I'm soooo happy that Xurge has made some Genesis outfits. :)

I haven't gotten any yet.. don't see the need as all my M3, M4, V3, V4 etc. outfits work great on Genesis..

edited December 1969

I haven't gotten any yet.. don't see the need as all my M3, M4, V3, V4 etc. outfits work great on Genesis..

Wish I could say the same. Mine breaks apart whenever I tried.

edited December 1969

Are you using D|S 4.6? I just upgraded to it a few months ago from 2.3.. I did also buy the Gen 3 Iconic shapes for all but David, so the autofit list brings them up.. I got it on sale for $27, and had a $10 coupon at the time..

edited December 1969

I'm using D/S 4.6, yes.

• AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
    edited August 2013

WIP Character portrait. Pathfinder RPG Blue Goblin.
    Still need to get the lighting right and more blue in the skin colour.

And the finished product... I need to work on my photoshop skills for Text and borders

Elric_.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 200K
    BlueGoblinlowres.jpg
    900 x 900 - 85K
    Post edited by Albiejee on