Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    xbase24x said:
    Zev0 said:
    xbase24x said:

@Zev0 -- congrats on the new product. I bought it and have been really enjoying it so far. One question I have is -- can you load a saved skin back into the builder to continue editing it, or do you have to start over from scratch each time? I may have overlooked it, but I don't see a "load" option. Thanks!

You can load a saved skin back. You can do this by either just saving the scene where the textures loaded on figure will be stored in skinbuilders createdmats folder (temp), or by saving a skin via the save options and continue editing that after loading the material preset.

Thanks for the info, and maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but when everytime I open skinbuilder up, all the settings are at default. Shouldn't the settings have the custom values I set for the skin when I saved it?

No. Because you already built the skin. No point in keeping it there in the script unless you want to re-build a new base. Just screenshot the settings if you want to keep same the values.

• Zev0 said:
    xbase24x said:
    Zev0 said:
    xbase24x said:

@Zev0 -- congrats on the new product. I bought it and have been really enjoying it so far. One question I have is -- can you load a saved skin back into the builder to continue editing it, or do you have to start over from scratch each time? I may have overlooked it, but I don't see a "load" option. Thanks!

You can load a saved skin back. You can do this by either just saving the scene where the textures loaded on figure will be stored in skinbuilders createdmats folder (temp), or by saving a skin via the save options and continue editing that after loading the material preset.

Thanks for the info, and maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but when everytime I open skinbuilder up, all the settings are at default. Shouldn't the settings have the custom values I set for the skin when I saved it?

No. Because you already built the skin. No point in keeping it there in the script unless you want to re-build a new base. Just screenshot the settings if you want to keep same the values.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the quick response, and I really do love the new product!

edited August 2018

Glad you like. Thank you for the kind words.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Is it tested to work with DAZ Studio 4.11.x as well?

Yes. Most of it was developed in 4.11

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    Zev0 said:

Zev0 said:

It's like to know

a) more details from some that has bought and tried it on an existing character skin. So how does Skin Builder 8 work on Victoria 8 skin?

b) So can we save a modded skin and a new set of material for eg, Character Carrie, and not have it all disappear from the DAZ temp folder like Eyebrow Remover does?

c) If I apply Sloth's UV Swapper for Genesis 8 M ale to Genesis 8 Female using Michael 8 skin then can the skin for Michael 8 be changed in SB8?

d) I know I can use UV Swapper to swap a G8F skin to G8M, but how to avoid that extra step and do I guess it's called a map transfer?

e) The acne looks totally wrong it should look like the skin tone but with a blood supply that makes it look more red and irritated and it should look like a raised bump. 

f) I guess the chance for portwine and other types of birthmarks are slim and none, could one extend SB8 to handle such a set of templates? How?

I'll still buy it likely even though I'm not much into realistic renders. I have the Genesis 2 version and this one looks 100s of % improved.

A) Works fine on V8 since the UV mapping is the same.

B)Yes. Skin Builder has its own Temp Folder structure called CreatedMats so temp work is safe there. All temp maps generated are added with a timestamp, so overwriting or losing maps is near impossible.

C) Certain details will work yes. But overlays and details that cross any seams still apply like G8F UV, so you will run into seam issues. You will still be overlaying maps designed on G8F onto a G8M UV.

D) To get the overlays to apply properly, yes you will have to use map transfer tool to convert the G8M UV to G8F UV.

E)The acne has bumps (bump map details) under certain lighting conditions. As to the color, it was very hard to get an overlay to work on all skin tones so this is the color we decided to use because results worked on all skin tones. To match skin better you could apply at a lower opacity. Originally we had it where you could adjust the color, but the details got lost. If I find a better solution as to the one we have now I will update the product.

F) Can be done. But viability of such options is debatable. You could position them anywhere using Iray decals which can be implemented into a scriptable interface function.

Wow, so SB8 is not perfect but almost as useful as I'd hoped it would be, Thanks.

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308

Cha Ching....got it.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    Instant buy on this one. What an incredible level of functionality.
  • MoussoMousso Posts: 237

I was checking the store every morning and today I finally saw it. Intant buy! I'm still on an older version of DS (4.10.0.123) and works like a charm. Thank you Zev and Discobob for this amazing product smiley

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

thank you, zev0.  and thank you, too, discobob. 

looks like y'all raised the bar again, which is pretty amazing, considering how high you set the bar last time around.  can't wait to try this out. 

and thank you for the generous discount, too.  this would've been an instant buy without it, but the discount was a very welcome thing.  :)

j

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

Bought it. Thank you, the discount is really appreciated. I purchased a couple more of your other products too.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Just tried it awesome!

What is the best place to save materials and textures?

Thanks!

• EC3DEC3D Posts: 131

This works great so far thank you! As someone still learning this kind of texturing, using substance painter, this certainly helps me generate an even base texture and cut down on the time to blend each udim set. :)

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Thank you for the discount! yes

• HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437

No, I mean where can I find the info BEFORE I buy it? I need to know the info on how it can be used as a merchant resource before I purchase it as a merchant resource.

I am also interested in this. I will send the PM, but it would help to have this info available before purchase.

More than anything I want to know if this can be used as a merchant resource for Genesis 8 Male characters (I know manual adjustments will have to be made because of UVs and female features).

Thanks.

• 3-D Arena3-D Arena Posts: 179

I'm confused, I thought this script would allow me to mix textures: "Create a base skin which utilizes different skin races which can be blended to your liking.", "that blends in skin textures from different races"

However when I use this my base texture doesn't seem to alter in colour, no matter how I set the sliders and the saved textures don't adjust in colour. They do apply the overlays such as veins etc. but they don't change the base texture colours.

I was looking for the blending of textures as my base use for this set.  Is there no way to select which textures you want to blend or to have it actually save a blended texture?

Also, where are the included textures at (I install via the smart content pane)?  I thought I could use them as a starterbase to get a better idea for how it works, but there is no way to start with one of them apparently.

I did read the manual but these questions weren't covered.

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 489

I changed the default folder, after that it doesn't work?

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    3-D Arena said:

I'm confused, I thought this script would allow me to mix textures: "Create a base skin which utilizes different skin races which can be blended to your liking.", "that blends in skin textures from different races"

However when I use this my base texture doesn't seem to alter in colour, no matter how I set the sliders and the saved textures don't adjust in colour. They do apply the overlays such as veins etc. but they don't change the base texture colours.

I was looking for the blending of textures as my base use for this set.  Is there no way to select which textures you want to blend or to have it actually save a blended texture?

Also, where are the included textures at (I install via the smart content pane)?  I thought I could use them as a starterbase to get a better idea for how it works, but there is no way to start with one of them apparently.

Did you press the "Build Skin" button on the skin page of the script?

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236
    edited August 2018
    Nath said:
    3-D Arena said:

I am actually having the same issue and opened a support ticket. The base skin tab just doesn't seem to work. I make adjustments and click the "Build Skin" button. I immediately get the popup saying it completed, but there are no changes. I have used Skin Builder 3 for some time now, and it works as expected. I'll try changing the default folder as another poster suggested and see if that makes any difference.

Update: I created a new folder and set that as the Temp FIles path, but Build Skin still doesn't work. There are no files created in the temp folder. When I apply an overlay it works, but it uses the original skin on the figure.

Post edited by Timotheus on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Timotheus said:
    Nath said:
    3-D Arena said:

I am actually having the same issue and opened a support ticket. The base skin tab just doesn't seem to work. I make adjustments and click the "Build Skin" button. I immediately get the popup saying it completed, but there are no changes. I have used Skin Builder 3 for some time now, and it works as expected. I'll try changing the default folder as another poster suggested and see if that makes any difference.

Update: I created a new folder and set that as the Temp FIles path, but Build Skin still doesn't work. There are no files created in the temp folder. When I apply an overlay it works, but it uses the original skin on the figure.

I'm definitely seeing changes (I now have a mossy green Genesis 8), so at least it isn't a general issue. Hope you guys can solve it though.

edited August 2018
    Please pm me the log files. It is hard to pinpoint an issue without seeing them.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:
    Please pm me the log files. It is hard to pinpoint an issue without seeing them.

Thanks! Where would I find the log files you need?

edited August 2018
    In Studio go to help, troubleshooting, view log file. You can the save the log as txt file
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • gaiago57gaiago57 Posts: 20
    edited August 2018

Hi,

I know you probably already answered this but I want to be sure. If I create a Genesis 8 Female character with a skin I made in Skin Builder 8 for Genesis 8 Female(s), can I sell it on the Daz Store ? 

Post edited by gaiago57 on

Yes you can.

edited August 2018
    Zev0 said:
    In Studio go to help, troubleshooting, view log file. You can the save the log as txt file

BTW, I did PM you earlier with a snippet from the log. Couldn't figure out how to attach the entire file; there's no "attach" link like there is here. Anyway, I don't see any errors around the skin creation. Very weird. I also tried when running DS as administrator, just to eliminate the possibility of a permissions issue. Still no luck.

Post edited by Timotheus on
    Timotheus said:
    Nath said:
    3-D Arena said:

That's exactly what I'm getting.  I never used the SB3 version so I thought I was misunderstanding what this did.

edited August 2018
    Nath said:
    Timotheus said:
    Nath said:
    3-D Arena said:

I'm definitely seeing changes (I now have a mossy green Genesis 8), so at least it isn't a general issue. Hope you guys can solve it though.

It will alter the colours if you blend a colour on it, not if you use the skin tint. The screenshot attached shows a quick example (not what I am going for LOL just a test) of what happens if I use the skin base tint option - nothing.  As you can see nothing changes in the preview and if I browse to the temp folder there are no textures there.  I did click to build the skin and after a small wait it said it was complete.

If however I select to "color blend" It will tint the skin, create the maps and alter the preview.

I can't find how or where to use the SB bases as a starting point? Or is that not possible?

Is it possible to blend skins of your own choice, or only the SB8 ones (although that's not working either - though it says "complete")?

I'll happily send the log file, do you want all of it or just the last several lines?

sb8.jpg
    800 x 606 - 82K
    sb8-2.jpg
    800 x 606 - 71K
    Post edited by 3-D Arena on
  • alienareaalienarea Posts: 489
    3-D Arena said:
    Timotheus said:
    Nath said:
    3-D Arena said:

That's exactly what I'm getting.  I never used the SB3 version so I thought I was misunderstanding what this did.

Same here. Running Daz 64-Bit 4.10, checked for Daz updates, serms to be thelatest. Other features wotk but build skin doesn't.

• FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 224
    Zev0 said:
    There is no seams in this. A lot of time went into making it seamless. Same on the G3F version if Skinbuilder. Honestly, MR's are not supposed to have any seams on them because that means all skins using those MR's will have the same issue and texture MR's sold at Daz are tested for seams. Not sure about other sites.
    Zev0 said:
    oh, I bought many MR's here and elsewhere,in the last 13 years when I still was a merchant here and at Rendo and unfortunately there where many MR's with seams. I always had to work on them and fix them when I uploaded my products. Believe me, this where many hours when I teared my hair out laugh
    Zev0 said:

Please post logs so we can see if there is anything in common as to why it is not letting you build skins.