[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I'm waiting to download my copy of Clothing Converter when the render I'm doing is finished. My Daz Pocket Money Day is tomorrow, but I sneakily purchased it today. I've kept myself busy  while I wait by taking notes smiley

I'm really looking forward to using this. RiversoftArt scripts are the most used items in my runtime. Every render I do involves using some of your products.  

Thank you very much for the kind words... I needed them.  This has been a rough launch.  I pride myself on making quality products, and my pride took a blow this time smiley  Hard to see how I could have handled it better though as neither Daz testing nor I saw this issue.  

Oh please do NOT feel bad!  This is a really tricky kind of thing if i understand correctly and many of us have odd configurations as far as how we have set up our libraries. There is no way you could possibly foresee EVERYTHING that can come up.  The real value here is that you are active here, and helping us to work through whatever it is that either we are doing wrong, answering our questions for what we don't understand and being as helpful as possible.  I am very happy with this purchase, its now working perfectly on both my pc and my laptop.  Everything is now converted ( I haven't added the latest script so I can do my rendo clothing but will work on that another day)  I will be spending the next couple of days adding all of the converted clothing to my custom categories for G8F clothing.  Super excited about this, I've just been able to expand my working wardrobe for G8F by over 630 pieces.  That alone was worth every penny and more.

edited August 2018

did have to 'cancel' autofits occasionally and the script stalled while waiting, and I did have a figure with a ton of accessories adorning her by the end, which was quite fun.

I thought this was hilarious while mine was running.  she was naked except for about 15 types of headwear, a couple of daggers, a spear, a shield several pieces of footwear and a couple other items I don't remember.  Seriously funny.

*edit* It also doesnt transfer the the extra folders *Materials* etc but thats fine I'm just manually copying the G3 to the G8 clothing folders. I kinda prefer it this way, I have a ton of 3rd party mats in other folders that I can get around to sorting. :D The key thing is the clothing conversion, sorting is for me prefered manually. :)

This as well, this is a non issue for me as I put everything ito custom categories so I am already moving everythign manually once anyway.  They may show in Smart Content, I haven't actually looked as its a non issue for me, and I don't use Smart content anwyay. 

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369

This script is great.  So glad that the Rendo stuff can be converted.  Thanks for working so hard on the patch

Yay!  You're welcome!  Hopefully Daz can eventually help me figure out why some people are not seeing metadata.  I created the temp patch so that people can have value while they wait.  And I will probably keep some of it in as it helps with Rendo items.

Artini said:

The difference is easily spotted with the other clothes, for example Patty skirt.

Well done RiverSoftArt

Before:

After:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the "convert" part in the banner is kinda misleading since all this does is batch change the scene identifier and save a copy, correct?

Either way I couldn't use it anyway since I don't use metadata at all

No, it does much more than that.  It loads the clothing, transforms it from T pose to A Pose, copies metadata, updates the preferred base, bakes the joint rotations, applies foot pose if available, transfers the clothing, saves the converted clothing, copies icons, and finally copies categories.  You can still use it even without metadata as doing this improves how the clothing fits on the figure (as well as being faster).

Uthgard said:
    Uthgard said:

I tried it with the standard script, then I downloaded the updated script. It doesn't pick up even a fraction of my collection (while "check content type" is unchecked) and those few it picks up are not converted. The script doesn't do anything at all besides skipping things, not even when I use the "force conversion" option. Here's part of the log:

20:12:19 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): SKIPPING "" file: D:/DAZ3D D Disk/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_22282/people/genesis 3 female/clothing/business suit/business jacket.duf

20:12:19 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): SKIPPING "" file: D:/DAZ3D D Disk/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_22282/people/genesis 3 female/clothing/business suit/business pants.duf

20:12:19 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): SKIPPING "" file: D:/DAZ3D D Disk/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_22282/people/genesis 3 female/clothing/business suit/business shirt.duf

20:12:19 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): SKIPPING "" file: D:/DAZ3D D Disk/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_22282/people/genesis 3 female/clothing/business suit/business shoe left.duf

20:12:19 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): SKIPPING "" file: D:/DAZ3D D Disk/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_22282/people/genesis 3 female/clothing/business suit/business shoe right.duf

20:12:19 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): SKIPPING "" file: D:/DAZ3D D Disk/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_22282/people/genesis 3 female/clothing/business suit/business skirt.duf

20:12:19 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): SKIPPING "" file: D:/DAZ3D D Disk/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_22282/people/genesis 3 female/clothing/business suit/business suit outfit.duf

20:12:19 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): SKIPPING "" file: D:/DAZ3D D Disk/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_22282/people/genesis 3 female/clothing/business suit/business suit outfit2.duf

I checked and the PDF says the script converts DUF files, while in my library they appear to be DSON files (the ones bought and installed from DAZ through Connect). I don't know whether that's relevant, but it's the only thing that stands out to me.

If you have unchecked the "Check Content Type" checkbox in the options tab, you will not see messages like "SKIPPING "" file..." if you use the Add Files... button.  You clicked the Add Directory button.  If you read the tooltip for the Check Content Type checkbox, it tells you what to do until I get a new manual out.

Oh, so I will still need to manually add the files in the foreseeable future (on further testing, I managed to convert some files after setting up a proper folder structure, but I don't know if that was relevant or mere happenstance). Well, it's not ideal, but we all know that computers are fickle like that. Thanks for all your work on this issue, RiverSoftArt, and just be glad all your other launches went as smoothly as they did; that is quite far from my experience, no matter how much testing is done smiley

Edit: Just doing some further testing, and on the Shadow Watcher outfit there's a strange issue where only the hood and the gloves are recognized as clothing by the converter, and neither the bodysuit nor the socks or shoes are converted. Clicking on the "Force Convert Item(s)" option doesn't seem to do anything (that is, it tells me they aren't clothing items).

Thanks for the understanding smiley  Hmmm, strange.  Perhaps because the Shadow Watcher outfit is a G2/G3 item, the metadata will done incorrectly?

edited August 2018
    AllenArt said:

Artini said:

The difference is easily spotted with the other clothes, for example Patty skirt.

Well done RiverSoftArt

Before:

After:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the "convert" part in the banner is kinda misleading since all this does is batch change the scene identifier and save a copy, correct?

Changes the scene identifier, transfers the rigging and saves the file back to the library all ready for Genesis 8. It's also doing something with projection templates too (unless that's all part of transferring the rigging....I dunno. LOL).

Laurie

Thanks for the help! smiley

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Just purchased because I was sent a message about the patch. Installed it then placed the patch in the same script folder as the main script. I unchecked the "check content type" box.....and "No clothing detected" on everything I try...... sad

Also it gets a bit annoying having to re-input the D: root every time the script is opened, a way for the script to remember the last location would go a long way. Not a huge problem for me as I cant even convert a single piece of clothing even with the patch...no reason to even open the script again.

After you uncheck the "check content type" box, you need to use the "Add Files..." button to add items.

If you don't click SAVE, then the script won't remember the last opened file/folder.  

Yay! It worked, sorta, LOL :D

I just mucked up the output folder, easy enough to correct...but the clothing works great! *bear hugs River*

*edit* It also doesnt transfer the the extra folders *Materials* etc but thats fine I'm just manually copying the G3 to the G8 clothing folders. I kinda prefer it this way, I have a ton of 3rd party mats in other folders that I can get around to sorting. :D The key thing is the clothing conversion, sorting is for me prefered manually. :)

I am glad you got it working.  It deliberately doesn't copies the materials as they can be used as is and it would just fill up your hard drive.  My recommendation would be to create shortcuts in the new converted items area so that you don't have to copy your materials, but of course, that is up to you smiley

TaishoBee said:

I love this! I do have a question. I have no issues since replacing the script with the fix, but I'm trying to convert i13's Hoodie but the error in the log says

17:54:58 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Executing Script

17:54:58 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13 Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf

17:54:58 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13 Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf to D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Converted/i13 Hoodie/i13h Hoodie.duf

17:54:59 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Hoodie is not a clothing item

17:55:04 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

Then it must not be reported as a clothing item.  Have you tried Force Converting it?  That can work sometimes.

JDStrider said:

The temp script seems to work with most items, I have metadata from everything in my library, regardless of the source of the product. I have tested about 3 dozen using the:
    App.getAssetMgr().getTypeForContentFile('[Path]FileName.duf') script function and ALL return a blank, regadless of the metadata that clearly states otherwise.

I think there is something else going on here... but for now, I am able to convert G3F clothing to G8F, which is why I bought the product. Good luck fine tuning it!

Thanks.  Hopefully Daz can help me figure out why some of you get nothing from getTypeForContentFile.  It must be a configuration issue, but I would like to be able to at least tell people how to fix it.

I just want to reiterate I have an almost default install (I created the My Library folder on a second drive, via Daz itself), I use Smart Content so my CMS is always running, I added my default Daz3d G3 Clothing directory, and I converted 520 pieces of clothing in an hour, seamlessly. I now find these objects in my Wardrobe category in Smart Content, in the appropriate folders. They wear as expected.

I did have to 'cancel' autofits occasionally and the script stalled while waiting, and I did have a figure with a ton of accessories adorning her by the end, which was quite fun.

Just mentioning this because I suspect the tech support parts are drowning out the situations where it does work as expected. But it does, if (I believe) you haven't customized your configuration or are trying to convert offsite stuff.

Thanks smiley 

Yeah, the figure looks comical at the end. laugh  It is kind of fun to watch.  I really liked that my character had a Japanese helmet at the end with a feather coming out of it.  Tres chic!  laugh 

For speed's sake, after every conversion, I delete all items with a skeleton except for the figure to clear out the scene.  Things like shields, etc don't have a skeleton so they get through.  This doesn't matter and it is so much faster than going through every node in the scene and trying to figure out if I should delete it.

edited August 2018

I'm waiting to download my copy of Clothing Converter when the render I'm doing is finished. My Daz Pocket Money Day is tomorrow, but I sneakily purchased it today. I've kept myself busy  while I wait by taking notes smiley

I'm really looking forward to using this. RiversoftArt scripts are the most used items in my runtime. Every render I do involves using some of your products.  

Thank you very much for the kind words... I needed them.  This has been a rough launch.  I pride myself on making quality products, and my pride took a blow this time smiley  Hard to see how I could have handled it better though as neither Daz testing nor I saw this issue.  

Oh please do NOT feel bad!  This is a really tricky kind of thing if i understand correctly and many of us have odd configurations as far as how we have set up our libraries. There is no way you could possibly foresee EVERYTHING that can come up.  The real value here is that you are active here, and helping us to work through whatever it is that either we are doing wrong, answering our questions for what we don't understand and being as helpful as possible.  I am very happy with this purchase, its now working perfectly on both my pc and my laptop.  Everything is now converted ( I haven't added the latest script so I can do my rendo clothing but will work on that another day)  I will be spending the next couple of days adding all of the converted clothing to my custom categories for G8F clothing.  Super excited about this, I've just been able to expand my working wardrobe for G8F by over 630 pieces.  That alone was worth every penny and more.

Thank you very much!  All sympathy is welcome!  smiley  I feel like it has turned a corner now.  I want people to love this product as much as I do.  It really expands my clothing library drastically as most of my clothing purchases were G3F anyway.

[EDIT] This product was also WAY outside my comfort zone.  I ended up automating stuff I had never even DONE manually (baking joints and rotations, transfering stuff) in Daz.  So this product was definitely a heavy lift for me.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

did have to 'cancel' autofits occasionally and the script stalled while waiting, and I did have a figure with a ton of accessories adorning her by the end, which was quite fun.

I thought this was hilarious while mine was running.  she was naked except for about 15 types of headwear, a couple of daggers, a spear, a shield several pieces of footwear and a couple other items I don't remember.  Seriously funny.

This as well, this is a non issue for me as I put everything ito custom categories so I am already moving everythign manually once anyway.  They may show in Smart Content, I haven't actually looked as its a non issue for me, and I don't use Smart content anwyay. 

If it wouldn't violate the forum's policies on nudity, I think we could have a great thread just on pictures of the figure at the end laugh

As I mentioned earlier, not copying materials is by design.  They can be used as is and it would just fill up your hard drive.  My recommendation would be to create shortcuts in the new converted items area so that you don't have to copy your materials, but of course, that is up to you smiley

• How do I view metadata? There must be an option to view it somewhere im assuming.

If I open my smart content pane, I see a few presets that I made but thats it. My scene files are there as well but I cant see anything other than that. Also, I see a login button. What is that? Do I have to login to Connect for my smart pane to populate?

Load a clothing item, try Scene Tab - Edit - Scene Identification - Compatibility Base.  Also, when you view Smart Content, you are implicitly viewing the results of metadata.  For now, after you convert something, just use the Content Library Pane to navigate to the folder where you specified the output folder.

OK. So I can see scene identification for the two items I tested. Compatibility Base for both items says none. Is that what im supposed to be seeing?

• TaishoBee said:

I love this! I do have a question. I have no issues since replacing the script with the fix, but I'm trying to convert i13's Hoodie but the error in the log says

17:54:58 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13 Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf

17:54:58 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13 Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf to D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Converted/i13 Hoodie/i13h Hoodie.duf

Then it must not be reported as a clothing item.  Have you tried Force Converting it?  That can work sometimes.

Yes. The log says

19:55:24 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Executing Script

19:55:24 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

But the conversion folder is empty.

TaishoBee said:
    TaishoBee said:

Yes. The log says

Sorry then, it is probably not going to work then. 

If you edit the Data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSCCConstants.dsa file, there is a output_debug statement.  Change it to output_debug = true and rerun.  If you could then paste the Daz log (not from the Log tab in the script), I can see what is going on in more detail.

oh the not copying the materials is absolutely not an issue for me as I will be moving all the converted clothing over to my custom categories anyway.  so I will just move the materials from the G3F folder at the same time.  Easy peasey.

I wish I could convey how happy I am with this, because I do so many promo images, the expanded library for G8F will give me so many more options ( you wouldn't think you could go through that many clothing items but when you are doing 1 or 2 or 3 promos a day, the more variety the better. Saves me a ton of time, I don't have to convert them individually myself, which I don't have time to do anymore, and, they fit much better, the bones all work, I'm seriously just doing a happy dance right now.

• TaishoBeeTaishoBee Posts: 68
    edited August 2018
    TaishoBee said:
    TaishoBee said:

Yes. The log says

If you edit the Data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSCCConstants.dsa file, there is a output_debug statement.  Change it to output_debug = true and rerun.  If you could then paste the Daz log (not from the Log tab in the script), I can see what is going on in more detail.

Okay, here's the log:

2018-08-14 20:40:08.072 DEBUG: Selecting Preset: D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.073 DEBUG: START Conversion of D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.074 DEBUG: Converting clothing from D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf to D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Converted/i13/Hoodie/i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.129 DEBUG: Number of items in scene selected:  0
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.130 DEBUG: Apply Preset D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.640 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4667): Could not find node parent.
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.934 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1766): Failed to follow node.
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.934 File loaded in 0 min 0.5 sec.
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.935 Loaded file: i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.998 DEBUG: Hoodie ( Follower ) is Clothing Follower/Wardrobe? false
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.998 WARNING: QString::arg: Argument missing: Hoodie is not a clothing item, Follower/Wardrobe
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.998 DEBUG: Hoodie is not a clothing item
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.998 DEBUG: END Conversion of D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf

Post edited by TaishoBee on
    TaishoBee said:
    TaishoBee said:
    TaishoBee said:

Yes. The log says

Okay, here's the log:

2018-08-14 20:40:08.072 DEBUG: Selecting Preset: D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.073 DEBUG: START Conversion of D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.074 DEBUG: Converting clothing from D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf to D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Converted/i13/Hoodie/i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.130 DEBUG: Apply Preset D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.640 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4667): Could not find node parent.
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.934 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1766): Failed to follow node.
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.998 DEBUG: Hoodie ( Follower ) is Clothing Follower/Wardrobe? false
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.998 WARNING: QString::arg: Argument missing: Hoodie is not a clothing item, Follower/Wardrobe
    2018-08-14 20:40:08.998 DEBUG: END Conversion of D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf

Is this the log of trying to do the Force Convert?  Have you tried that?

oh the not copying the materials is absolutely not an issue for me as I will be moving all the converted clothing over to my custom categories anyway.  so I will just move the materials from the G3F folder at the same time.  Easy peasey.

I wish I could convey how happy I am with this, because I do so many promo images, the expanded library for G8F will give me so many more options ( you wouldn't think you could go through that many clothing items but when you are doing 1 or 2 or 3 promos a day, the more variety the better. Saves me a ton of time, I don't have to convert them individually myself, which I don't have time to do anymore, and, they fit much better, the bones all work, I'm seriously just doing a happy dance right now.

smiley  That makes me happy.  You are VERY welcome!

• To: RiverSoftArt

You may find this information useful.
    App.getAssetMgr().getTypeForContentFile("F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Hongyu/Hongyu's Bikini 3 for V7/Bikini 3 Bra for V7.duf")

Returns " " (Blank)

imageThe metatdate list the product as: Follower/Wardrobe/Underwear/Top 

The Scene Information dialog lists it as: Follower

The CMS Database has a ContentTypeID of 109, which should be Follower/Wardrobe/Underwear/Top

The script states that it is not a clothing item, even with the Check Content Type when adding files - unchecked.

I don't quite understand why, but perhaps there is something in the *.dsf file that overrides the metadata?

JDStrider said:

To: RiverSoftArt

You may find this information useful.
    App.getAssetMgr().getTypeForContentFile("F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Hongyu/Hongyu's Bikini 3 for V7/Bikini 3 Bra for V7.duf")

Returns " " (Blank)

imageThe metatdate list the product as: Follower/Wardrobe/Underwear/Top 

The Scene Information dialog lists it as: Follower

The CMS Database has a ContentTypeID of 109, which should be Follower/Wardrobe/Underwear/Top

The script states that it is not a clothing item, even with the Check Content Type when adding files - unchecked.

I don't quite understand why, but perhaps there is something in the *.dsf file that overrides the metadata?

Thanks for the info.  I am unsure how to interpret it sad

But the Check Content Type is needed to add the files to the list.  It basically disables the check for if something is a clothing item to add it to the list.  It seems like the metadata in the CMS is incomplete (thus getTypeForContentFile returning an empty string).  Once an item is loaded, the file often allows the script to figure out what it is.  Therefore, sometimes the Execute button will work with Check Content Type items, sometimes it won't.  If it doesn't, you need to use the Force Convert Items button to try and convert it.  Does that work?

• RiverSoftArt: This is a great product and even though QA didn't find all these odd problems, it takes REAL artists to make a mess of things! LOL

If you have any more tips or tricks to help us help you, please post them. I for one am happy to help you solve any problems. Don't be discouraged!

JDStrider said:

RiverSoftArt: This is a great product and even though QA didn't find all these odd problems, it takes REAL artists to make a mess of things! LOL

If you have any more tips or tricks to help us help you, please post them. I for one am happy to help you solve any problems. Don't be discouraged!

Thanks smiley  At this point, I think it must be how content is installed.  I am still waiting to hear back from Daz on any advice.

In the meantime, does the Force Convert work?

• TaishoBee said:
    TaishoBee said:
    TaishoBee said:

Yes. The log says

Okay, here's the log:

This is with force:

2018-08-14 21:36:54.645 Loading script: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/Clothing Converter G3F to G8F.dse
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.665 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.670 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSCCConstants.dsa
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.676 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.683 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHelperFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.696 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAssemblyLineFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.713 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConversionFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.719 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSClothingConversionFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.730 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    2018-08-14 21:37:45.632 DEBUG: Executing Script

this is with execute:

2018-08-14 21:40:04.507 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.512 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.599 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.832 Loading script: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/Clothing Converter G3F to G8F.dse
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.852 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.859 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSCCConstants.dsa
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.866 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.873 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHelperFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.884 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAssemblyLineFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.895 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConversionFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.903 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSClothingConversionFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:40:27.753 DEBUG: Executing Script
    2018-08-14 21:40:27.792 DEBUG: Selecting Preset: D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 21:40:27.793 DEBUG: START Conversion of D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 21:40:27.794 DEBUG: Converting clothing from D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf to D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Converted/i13/Hoodie/i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 21:40:27.900 DEBUG: Number of items in scene selected:  0
    2018-08-14 21:40:27.900 DEBUG: Apply Preset D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 21:40:28.497 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4667): Could not find node parent.
    2018-08-14 21:40:28.956 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1766): Failed to follow node.
    2018-08-14 21:40:28.956 File loaded in 0 min 0.8 sec.
    2018-08-14 21:40:28.958 Loaded file: i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 21:40:28.998 DEBUG: Hoodie ( Follower ) is Clothing Follower/Wardrobe? false

this is convert:

2018-08-14 21:40:28.998 WARNING: QString::arg: Argument missing: Hoodie is not a clothing item, Follower/Wardrobe
    2018-08-14 21:40:28.998 DEBUG: Hoodie is not a clothing item
    2018-08-14 21:40:28.998 DEBUG: END Conversion of D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf

TaishoBee said:
    TaishoBee said:
    TaishoBee said:
    TaishoBee said:

Yes. The log says

Okay, here's the log:

This is with force:

2018-08-14 21:36:54.645 Loading script: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/Clothing Converter G3F to G8F.dse
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.665 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.670 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSCCConstants.dsa
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.676 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.683 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHelperFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.696 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAssemblyLineFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.713 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConversionFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.719 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSClothingConversionFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:36:54.730 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    2018-08-14 21:37:45.632 DEBUG: Executing Script

this is with execute:

2018-08-14 21:40:04.507 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.512 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.599 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.832 Loading script: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/Clothing Converter G3F to G8F.dse
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.852 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.859 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSCCConstants.dsa
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.866 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.873 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHelperFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.884 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAssemblyLineFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.895 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConversionFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:40:04.903 DEBUG: Found: D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSClothingConversionFunctions.dse
    2018-08-14 21:40:27.753 DEBUG: Executing Script
    2018-08-14 21:40:27.792 DEBUG: Selecting Preset: D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 21:40:27.793 DEBUG: START Conversion of D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 21:40:27.794 DEBUG: Converting clothing from D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf to D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Converted/i13/Hoodie/i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 21:40:27.900 DEBUG: Number of items in scene selected:  0
    2018-08-14 21:40:27.900 DEBUG: Apply Preset D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 21:40:28.497 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4667): Could not find node parent.
    2018-08-14 21:40:28.956 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1766): Failed to follow node.
    2018-08-14 21:40:28.956 File loaded in 0 min 0.8 sec.
    2018-08-14 21:40:28.958 Loaded file: i13h Hoodie.duf
    2018-08-14 21:40:28.998 DEBUG: Hoodie ( Follower ) is Clothing Follower/Wardrobe? false

this is convert:

2018-08-14 21:40:28.998 WARNING: QString::arg: Argument missing: Hoodie is not a clothing item, Follower/Wardrobe
    2018-08-14 21:40:28.998 DEBUG: Hoodie is not a clothing item
    2018-08-14 21:40:28.998 DEBUG: END Conversion of D:\User\Owner\Documents\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\i13\Hoodie\i13h Hoodie.duf

Strange.  The Force Convert log looks incomplete.  If you sent me the whole thing, then it must be crashing.  I will look at it tomorrow.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

FWIW, my library and folder locations are as custom as one can get and yet it worked for me...converted my entire G3F clothing library except for a few isolated items. To me that is totally worth what I paid for it :).

Laurie

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909
    edited August 2018

So I can see scene identification for the two items I tested. Compatibility Base for both items says none. Is that what im supposed to be seeing?

I'm no expert, but generally speaking, no. One of them should be the figure it was created for. Things like props, etc, don't need a Compatibility Base. Seek more expert advice on this tho laugh

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837
    edited August 2018
    Artini said:

Well done RiverSoftArt

Before:

After:

Thanks for posting this.  I am sure others want to see it works smiley

Thanks again, RiverSoftArt. The script not only fixes settings to the item to be directly wearable by G8F, but also fixes some issues with the converted clothing.

I am also very happy, to be able to convert the clothes from Renderosity, which does not have metadata included.

Awesome work with the converter, RiverSoftArt.

Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837

Artini said:

Well done RiverSoftArt

Before:

After:

The patched script (available at the beginning of this thread) also converts clothes without metadata,

so I am very happy, that it works with clothes from Renderosity, that does not include metadata at all.

I will post my results with such clothes, later on.

What I like very much about the converter, is that it not only changes the scene identifier,

but also uses better template for conversion of the clothes, so for example skirts fits and looks better.

Of course, as stated in the manual, some minor pokethrough can appear, but I hope

that I can fix that myself (for example in Hexagon).

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159
    edited August 2018

Just as IceDragonArt said, please do not feel bad! I love the product and what you have done here is nothing short of amazing as far as I'm concerned. I don't have the skills to sort out fitting problems beyond simple smoothing and using Fit Control products. This product has made things a lot simpler for me.

I set it up this morning, sending the converted files to My Library as you directed. There were a few of the autofit dialologue boxes at first and I cancelled them as you directed. I then left it running and had breakfast. I came back thinking that it would have stopped at something, but no it had completed with 361 files converted and 75 left checked. These are mainly accessories and full outfit settings. I can see everything in Smart Content by going to Wardrobe and clicking on the Local User Icon and of course they are all in my G8F folder in My Library in the Content tab smiley

I've tried a few items and your suggestions for fitting (from the PDF file) work very well. Where I need to do further adjustments the sliders are all their in the Parameters tab and I've also tested using Zevo's Fit Control 8 and it works perfectly on the converted items. 

You have my total and absolute gratitude once more. I don't have to jump through hoops when I try to load G3F clothes onto G8F - it fits ... no auto fit dialogue boxes. It's amazing how often you have to do this when loading an outfit from another generation. One click and it's loaded now yes. I now have a huge choice of wardrobe items for my G8F characters and I can mix and match to my hearts content.

I have no idea how to add a script to link to materials, but it's easy enough to select an item and go to Materials in Smart Content to find what I want.

When sales comes up I often bypass some of the Genesis 3 items I'd really like because most of my favourite models are G8 and I wonder just how difficult it will be to adjust the clohing. Not now. I do know it won't work with everything but I'm willing to give it a try.

I hope you haven't been put off with continuing with the G8M version because, I for one will be buying it ASAP when it comes out smiley.

Sorry about the length of this post ... I'm just so excited about this!

Post edited by Mollytabby on