[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

17810121322

Comments

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 4,458

    Genesis 8 Female is a bada$$ smiley  Adding the accessories to the script makes the end of the script execution even crazier laugh

    G8F Looking Good.png
    1000 x 1000 - 781K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,468

    Genesis 8 Female is a bada$$ smiley  Adding the accessories to the script makes the end of the script execution even crazier laugh

    Haha I love it!

  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,055

    I wouldn't agrue with her smiley. I have an appointment this morning but later I'm going to try converting accessories.

  • Uthgard said:

    Regarding users having problems with non-standard content folders, in my case I can say the content I installed through DIM worked just fine as soon as I directed it to a proper folder, while the content installed through Connect was almost completely ignored. This may sound silly, but seeing as neither you nor the testers had any problems, could some of the issues have something to do with the end user system language settings?

    This is a good data point.  I wonder if most of the people with problems are using Connect?  I tend to avoid it.  The network share data point was also good (i.e., don't do that smiley)  The language settings should not be a problem, though I have had problems with software before because of strange characters in the folder name.  I look at the folder names when people post to see if there is something that might trip the script up.

     

    I install everything from DAZ3D via Connect and only one outfit converted out of over 600 in my library.

    Hmmm, I like the convienence of Connect, I can buy stuff and not have to leave DAZ Studio to install it, which is handy. However, if it means being able to convert over 600 outfits with only a few acceptions, perhaps a re-install is in order? I'll have to think about that for a bit.

    One thing I have learned is that DS treats the cloud folder and its contents like the spoils of war and complains if you try to add or change files in that structure. I often create new Iray textures for older products, I want to save them with the product, but I cannot. DS complains about them and they will not behave correctly either, so I end up saving them in a different location and adding references to the Smart Content so I don't have to go looking for them the next time I use that item.

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 5,961
    Artini said:

    Another example of the clothes without metadata - Gladiatrice Futuristica.

    After conversion, it looks ok.

    As one can see, the shoulder of the dress is lifted up a bit - I've just wonder, if that is relly necessary?

    May be other kind of dresses/shirts coould take advantage of that - will have to try more shirts and dresses to test it.

    image

    image

    Cool clothing BTW.  The script does not alter geometry except for whatever Daz functions might do.  I tried to modify the script to move a shirt down and then bake, etc but that doesn't work.  In my admittedly limited understanding, I think there would need to be a morph or actual geometry altered to make that better.  I will just have to say that this is a limitation of the product.

    Thanks for the explanation. You are the best.

     

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 4,458
    JDStrider said:
    Uthgard said:

    Regarding users having problems with non-standard content folders, in my case I can say the content I installed through DIM worked just fine as soon as I directed it to a proper folder, while the content installed through Connect was almost completely ignored. This may sound silly, but seeing as neither you nor the testers had any problems, could some of the issues have something to do with the end user system language settings?

    This is a good data point.  I wonder if most of the people with problems are using Connect?  I tend to avoid it.  The network share data point was also good (i.e., don't do that smiley)  The language settings should not be a problem, though I have had problems with software before because of strange characters in the folder name.  I look at the folder names when people post to see if there is something that might trip the script up.

     

    I install everything from DAZ3D via Connect and only one outfit converted out of over 600 in my library.

    Hmmm, I like the convienence of Connect, I can buy stuff and not have to leave DAZ Studio to install it, which is handy. However, if it means being able to convert over 600 outfits with only a few acceptions, perhaps a re-install is in order? I'll have to think about that for a bit.

    One thing I have learned is that DS treats the cloud folder and its contents like the spoils of war and complains if you try to add or change files in that structure. I often create new Iray textures for older products, I want to save them with the product, but I cannot. DS complains about them and they will not behave correctly either, so I end up saving them in a different location and adding references to the Smart Content so I don't have to go looking for them the next time I use that item.

    I think the new script will help.  We can try.  I answered your PM and see if we can't work out something that works.

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 4,458
    Artini said:
    Artini said:

    Another example of the clothes without metadata - Gladiatrice Futuristica.

    After conversion, it looks ok.

    As one can see, the shoulder of the dress is lifted up a bit - I've just wonder, if that is relly necessary?

    May be other kind of dresses/shirts coould take advantage of that - will have to try more shirts and dresses to test it.

    image

    image

    Cool clothing BTW.  The script does not alter geometry except for whatever Daz functions might do.  I tried to modify the script to move a shirt down and then bake, etc but that doesn't work.  In my admittedly limited understanding, I think there would need to be a morph or actual geometry altered to make that better.  I will just have to say that this is a limitation of the product.

    Thanks for the explanation. You are the best.

     

    You're welcome.  smiley

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 4,458
    Artini said:
    Artini said:

    Another example of the clothes without metadata - Gladiatrice Futuristica.

    After conversion, it looks ok.

    As one can see, the shoulder of the dress is lifted up a bit - I've just wonder, if that is relly necessary?

    May be other kind of dresses/shirts coould take advantage of that - will have to try more shirts and dresses to test it.

    image

    image

    Cool clothing BTW.  The script does not alter geometry except for whatever Daz functions might do.  I tried to modify the script to move a shirt down and then bake, etc but that doesn't work.  In my admittedly limited understanding, I think there would need to be a morph or actual geometry altered to make that better.  I will just have to say that this is a limitation of the product.

    Thanks for the explanation. You are the best.

     

    You're welcome smiley

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 4,458

    Genesis 8 Female is a bada$$ smiley  Adding the accessories to the script makes the end of the script execution even crazier laugh

    I am kinda sad to see it go, but I have figured out how to delete all the junk between conversions.  The next official Daz update will have this fix.

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 4,458

    After much more testing, some accessories can be converted.  Props (e.g., swords, wands, etc) do not work.  But a lot of accessories do work.  I have been able to convert hats, jewelry, glasses, belts, etc.  Basically, it looks like items that have a preferred base in the scene identification will work.  I am going to include the accessories stuff in the update but many will not work with a clothing not found error.

  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,468

    After much more testing, some accessories can be converted.  Props (e.g., swords, wands, etc) do not work.  But a lot of accessories do work.  I have been able to convert hats, jewelry, glasses, belts, etc.  Basically, it looks like items that have a preferred base in the scene identification will work.  I am going to include the accessories stuff in the update but many will not work with a clothing not found error.

    Some is better than none!

  • UthgardUthgard Posts: 659
    Uthgard said:

    *sigh* Sorry to be annoying, but I just found another bug: when force converting, the last item to be converted won't have a proper icon. The mouseover tooltip is fine, but the icon shown in the content library is a screenshot of the item fit to G8F using the active viewport.

    Not annoying at all.  I tried force converting and I am not seeing it.  I am wondering if this is a special case.

    1. Does this happen every time you Force Convert?
    2. If not, what are the icon filenames of the original clothing and what are the icon filenames of the new, converted clothing.

    Please, disregard this error. After a day away from my computer, the icons are what they should be... even if previously they weren't neither in the content library nor in the Windows file browser. I am blaming space wizards. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    Also, sending you a message with my email.

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 5,961
    edited August 2018

    The more I use the converter, the more I like it.

    Another go with clothes without metadata - Rebirth Of Spring by powerage.

    image

    image

    RebirthOfSpring04pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 302K
    RebirthOfSpring04pic02.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 305K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 4,458
    Artini said:

    The more I use the converter, the more I like it.

    Another go with clothes without metadata - Rebirth Of Spring by powerage.

    image

    image

    I am glad!  They are looking good!

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 4,458
    Uthgard said:
    Uthgard said:

    *sigh* Sorry to be annoying, but I just found another bug: when force converting, the last item to be converted won't have a proper icon. The mouseover tooltip is fine, but the icon shown in the content library is a screenshot of the item fit to G8F using the active viewport.

    Not annoying at all.  I tried force converting and I am not seeing it.  I am wondering if this is a special case.

    1. Does this happen every time you Force Convert?
    2. If not, what are the icon filenames of the original clothing and what are the icon filenames of the new, converted clothing.

    Please, disregard this error. After a day away from my computer, the icons are what they should be... even if previously they weren't neither in the content library nor in the Windows file browser. I am blaming space wizards. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    Also, sending you a message with my email.

    The Daz Gremlins struck!

  • JDStriderJDStrider Posts: 93
    edited August 2018

    I performed a little test to see what would happen, I have over 600 G3F clothing items in my library and only one of them was detected by the original script. The patch that was posted helped with all of the non-DAZ3D products, but not so much with the later.

    Experiment: Trendy Fun Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s), Installed via Connect. Script is unable to find any Clothing Items to convert. (Using the script you sent by email)

    Un-Install via connect, remove the Product from Metadata, Delete the folders in the Cloud directory.

    Install via DIM (Painfully slow! I am on a 300 MB/s fibre connection and I am getting 150KB/s download. Yikes!)

    Script is able to find the Skirt and the Top, but not the boots. Convertion is successful.

    Conclusion: Products installed via Connect will not convert, products installed via DIM will.
    I assume the Manual Installation method would work as well, but I have not tested it.

    I hope this information is useful, I am now in the process of removing all of the G3F content that I have installed via Connect, so I can re-install via DIM.

    I'll be back, sometime next month, at these download rates...

    Post edited by JDStrider on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

    Does anyone own the keyhole dress from here? It’s one of the Clothing items that won’t convert, the other items for it do just not the dress.

  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 9,604

    No, it does much more than that.  It loads the clothing, transforms it from T pose to A Pose, copies metadata, updates the preferred base, bakes the joint rotations, applies foot pose if available, transfers the clothing, saves the converted clothing, copies icons, and finally copies categories.  You can still use it even without metadata as doing this improves how the clothing fits on the figure (as well as being faster).

    Thanks for the info, I might have to pick this up now to see how it works. Even though I don't use G3 much anymore, I still buy G3 clothing since it usually works fine on G8 by changing the scene identifier.

  • dkgoose said:

    Does anyone own the keyhole dress from here? It’s one of the Clothing items that won’t convert, the other items for it do just not the dress.

    Yes, the dress doesn't seem to convert.

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 4,458
    JDStrider said:

    I performed a little test to see what would happen, I have over 600 G3F clothing items in my library and only one of them was detected by the original script. The patch that was posted helped with all of the non-DAZ3D products, but not so much with the later.

    Experiment: Trendy Fun Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s), Installed via Connect. Script is unable to find any Clothing Items to convert. (Using the script you sent by email)

    Un-Install via connect, remove the Product from Metadata, Delete the folders in the Cloud directory.

    Install via DIM (Painfully slow! I am on a 300 MB/s fibre connection and I am getting 150KB/s download. Yikes!)

    Script is able to find the Skirt and the Top, but not the boots. Convertion is successful.

    Conclusion: Products installed via Connect will not convert, products installed via DIM will.
    I assume the Manual Installation method would work as well, but I have not tested it.

    I hope this information is useful, I am now in the process of removing all of the G3F content that I have installed via Connect, so I can re-install via DIM.

    I'll be back, sometime next month, at these download rates...

    I just installed one product through Connect.  Using my lastest internal version, the script detected the clothing (as Unknown clothing but as clothing) and was able to convert it.  I cannot release this version to the forums unfortunately.  JDStrider now has this version, if it works for him, I hope to submit to Daz the update soon.

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 4,458

    No, it does much more than that.  It loads the clothing, transforms it from T pose to A Pose, copies metadata, updates the preferred base, bakes the joint rotations, applies foot pose if available, transfers the clothing, saves the converted clothing, copies icons, and finally copies categories.  You can still use it even without metadata as doing this improves how the clothing fits on the figure (as well as being faster).

    Thanks for the info, I might have to pick this up now to see how it works. Even though I don't use G3 much anymore, I still buy G3 clothing since it usually works fine on G8 by changing the scene identifier.

    Well if you do, let me know how it works.

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 4,458
    dkgoose said:

    Does anyone own the keyhole dress from here? It’s one of the Clothing items that won’t convert, the other items for it do just not the dress.

    Yes, the dress doesn't seem to convert.

    I don't have this dress.  What is the log when you try and convert the dress?

  • dkgoose said:

    Does anyone own the keyhole dress from here? It’s one of the Clothing items that won’t convert, the other items for it do just not the dress.

    Yes, the dress doesn't seem to convert.

    I don't have this dress.  What is the log when you try and convert the dress?

    14:13:26 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Selecting Preset: D:\Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\Fisty and Darc\Keyhole Style\Keyhole Dress.duf
    14:13:26 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Converting clothing from D:\Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\Fisty and Darc\Keyhole Style\Keyhole Dress.duf to E:/_Converted Clothing/Fisty and Darc/Keyhole Style/Keyhole Dress.duf
    14:13:27 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Preset loaded multiple objects. Aborting conversion for D:\Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\Fisty and Darc\Keyhole Style\Keyhole Dress.duf
    14:13:27 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Execution Complete.

    On closer inspection of the dress I can see that it has a Keyhole Button. So strictly speaking it's probably an outfit rather then a dress.

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 4,458
    dkgoose said:

    Does anyone own the keyhole dress from here? It’s one of the Clothing items that won’t convert, the other items for it do just not the dress.

    Yes, the dress doesn't seem to convert.

    I don't have this dress.  What is the log when you try and convert the dress?

    14:13:26 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Selecting Preset: D:\Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\Fisty and Darc\Keyhole Style\Keyhole Dress.duf
    14:13:26 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Converting clothing from D:\Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\Fisty and Darc\Keyhole Style\Keyhole Dress.duf to E:/_Converted Clothing/Fisty and Darc/Keyhole Style/Keyhole Dress.duf
    14:13:27 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Preset loaded multiple objects. Aborting conversion for D:\Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\Fisty and Darc\Keyhole Style\Keyhole Dress.duf
    14:13:27 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Execution Complete.

    On closer inspection of the dress I can see that it has a Keyhole Button. So strictly speaking it's probably an outfit rather then a dress.

    Yeah, that is what the log is saying.  Note that if you are comfortable saving clothing yourself and save it without the button, the script should be able to convert that.

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 4,458

    To give some real world data.  I just ran on my accessories folder (something the patch cannot do).  57 items were detected.  Of those, 19 were converted with normal execution.  Force Convert was able to only convert 4 more items.  Most of the failures were because the accessories are props.

  • UthgardUthgard Posts: 659
    edited August 2018

    The problem with the new script is that, even if it explores and gets data from Connect, it gets all the wearables installed in Connect, no matter the generation or the genre (so that a G2M oufit will get on the list). I tried to run the script, hoping it would be selective in the conversion, but it populated my drive with empty folders, making the content library kind of useless. Deleted everything and back to the drawing board. Still, it's an improvement over the previous version.

    Edit: This post refers to a beta version that RiverSoftArt was kind enough to share with me to see if the issues with Connect had been solved, it by no means refers to the present product. He has been working non-stop to solve the current issues and I wouldn't want this to refer poorly on him, it's pretty much the other way around, actually.

    Post edited by Uthgard on
  • veenveen Posts: 63

    long story short, i considder buying this.  is this item update in the store now?

    i dont wanna have issues again like that wordt tattoo item (wich works great now)

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 4,458
    edited August 2018
    veen said:

    long story short, i considder buying this.  is this item update in the store now?

    i dont wanna have issues again like that wordt tattoo item (wich works great now)

    No, it is not updated in the store.  A lot of people had no issues with the item.  However, obviously some people did.  If you use Connect to install Daz content especially, there are problems.  There is the unofficial patch at the top of the thread that, among other things, allows you to add Connect items, accessories, and non-Daz Store items though it is just a stop-gap as you need to use the Add Files button.

    The official patch I plan to submit to Daz Monday morning, and then it is up to them how long it takes to go live in the store.  The official patch, compared to the current store item, has the following changes:

    • Added ability to convert some Accessories
    • Added Use Foot Pose Options to help with converting footwear
    • Added Force Convert Item(s), Convert Item(s), Convert from Selected buttons
    • Added option to turn off checking content type when using the Add Files button
    • Added option to not add clothing to the list that have already been converted
    • Fixed bug where Connect items would not be added to the list
    • Fixed bug where clothing files would not be recognized
    • Fixed bug where number of checked items would be incorrect if space bar was pressed to check/uncheck clothing files
    • Fixed bug in CreateOutputFilename function where case-sensitive comparison of string was used
    • Put quotes around things that are skipped in error message
    • Fixed bug where incorrect execution time is reported
    • Fixed bug where Add or Ignore Presets message would appear on startup
    • Fixed bug where items would be added that are not in the Genesis 3 Female folder
    • Fixed RemoveExtraSkeletons function to remove all clothing items after conversion

    [Edit] BTW, I am almost finished transferring the changes to the G3M to G8M version and plan to submit that Monday morning as well.

    Post edited by RiverSoftArt on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,055

    I am so looking forward to the GM8 version coming out smiley

  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 7,939
    Cybersox said:

     

    Is it possible to PLEASE post a video of the whole process, from beginning to fitting the item on a G8F, so I can see if there's some basic step that I'm missing somewhere?

    Will try to do a video this weekend.  As far as your questions:

    1. Your converted clothing should go into the output folder in the same naming structure as the input item, e.g., Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Basic Wear/Shorts.duf becomes OUTPUT DIRECTORY/Basic Wear/Shorts.duf
    2. Converted clothing, that you did NOT have to uncheck the Check Content Type checkbox should show up in Smart Content as well as just your regular library.
    3. No, the converted items do not only work with Smart Content.  
    4. The manual states to click Cancel if you look in the last section

    Clicking cancel appears to turn the entire script off. 

     

    Is there any chance of seeing a video soon?  I strongly suspect that at least part of the problems I'm having are either due to my missing something in the basic process, especially since there are all these tabs and options that aren't explained, or having an unconventional drive set up (DS is on the F drive under DAZ LIbrary 2, the output directory I'm using is on the L drive and the only thing on the C drive is a placeholder in the documents folder.)       

Sign In or Register to comment.