Realistic Renders... NOT!! 12 "And we're back in the room!"

Comments

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I realized while looking at it though that it is kinda hard to see the skin texture with teh flames in teh scene. (those flames are actually a prop rendered in the scene btw) so i got a render i'll post later showing a more close up view. I actually think she turned out pretty well for not really knowing what I'm doing yet.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...Nice pic there. Yeah, I'm still sorting out all this SSS stuff myself. The trouble is there are so many nice Gen4 mats I still use that none of the presets (at least the toon ones) seem to work on.

BTW the flames you used, Jepe's FlameZ?

edited December 1969

thanks and the flame was a prop in the Azraella set from IgnisSerpentus. I didn't know about that other set till you said something, now i will have to get those too lol.

Yeah i can't get the toon resets to work on gen 4 either which is what i used for that last pic (v4) So i been playing around trying to figure out how to use them through trial and error which is my favorite way to learn stuff lol. when i render the close up i'll include a screen of my settings.

edited July 2013

...I have several of Jepe's in scene effects. Used one of his SteamZ planes in the pic Below.

Title: Forsaken Daughter is Watching You.

This is a total reconstruction of the scene that was corrupted when I had that Blue Screen event over a month ago.

forsaken_daughter2.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 722K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited July 2013

1st time I use basic DS lights in prolly 2 1/2 to 3 years this really shows off how 3DL has improved. Less then 3 minutes gotta love it! Im still going to be using Lux overall but its nice to have the options when creating with shaders that would not work in lux http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/33-386119845

9307117473_4f8e377d63_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 78K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969
    9309347547_8309b3d9eb_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 134K
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...bugger, the reminder bots apparently went on holiday again.

Like these, particularly the first and the fourth one.

For some reason i decided to dust off some older content and start playing around with it today.
    Nothing like super good or anything just a couple quick renders.

These are fun.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited July 2013

So I was working on a morph in hexagon, had some issues and then a thunderstorm rolled in and I had to quit. So now that I can turn the PC on again I don't have the energy/time to do anything fancy tonight and have decided to just be silly.

This took 2 minutes to render, is really rough but has the dress I was trying to make a morph for. Needed to reduce the vaccum effect around the bosom. Since it's a just a quickie and I opted for the top being black I doubt it even matters.

But for fun Syren Says:

syren_quick2.jpg
    900 x 900 - 595K
    Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I have several of Jepe's in scene effects. Used one of his SteamZ planes in the pic Below.

This is a total reconstruction of the scene that was corrupted when I had that Blue Screen event over a month ago.

Great render,

It has a film noir/graphic novel feel to it, a style I'd like to see more of.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    1st time I use basic DS lights in prolly 2 1/2 to 3 years this really shows off how 3DL has improved. Less then 3 minutes gotta love it! Im still going to be using Lux overall but its nice to have the options when creating with shaders that would not work in lux http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/33-386119845

Nice,

Still has your inimitable style though.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

So I was working on a morph in hexagon, had some issues and then a thunderstorm rolled in and I had to quit. So now that I can turn the PC on again I don't have the energy/time to do anything fancy tonight and have decided to just be silly.

This took 2 minutes to render, is really rough but has the dress I was trying to make a morph for. Needed to reduce the vaccum effect around the bosom. Since it's a just a quickie and I opted for the top being black I doubt it even matters.

But for fun Syren Says:

Very nice,

I am always envious of people who are this good when they're not trying, I'm never as good even when I am!

CHEERS!

edited July 2013

Rogerbee said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Great render,

It has a film noir/graphic novel feel to it, a style I'd like to see more of.

CHEERS!
    ...thank you. Yeah, Cyberpunk is my favourite genre.

There's a huge story behind that pic which I hope came across.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Very nice,

I am always envious of people who are this good when they're not trying, I'm never as good even when I am!

CHEERS!

thx. I have been working with Syren for a long time and have lights and material settings just for her, so when I load her up she always looks reasonably good to begin with.

After that I just need to give her some clothes LOL. succubi always start off nude *wink*

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...thank you. Yeah, Cyberpunk is my favourite genre.

There's a huge story behind that pic which I hope came across.

Cool, sounds like something I'd like to see more of.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

thx. I have been working with Syren for a long time and have lights and material settings just for her, so when I load her up she always looks reasonably good to begin with.

After that I just need to give her some clothes LOL. succubi always start off nude *wink*

That's great,

Be nice to see what you can do when you're really trying!

CHEERS!

• PulpArtstPulpArtst Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    learning a new postwork trick - vapour trails - these are the first I think look fairly close to realistic

Nicely done! Good composition and colors.

edited December 1969

Toon with muscles. Cause I did a few realistic muscle renders earlier. The realistic ones may have been more "impressive" but this is more fun. She needs less detail in her sides though. I could have used another light in her face to get a realistic eye reflection too, but oh well. I dilated her eyes as much as I could to get them super large :)

You see anime with super detailed muscle men, so I now you have to be able to do with with women and it work. But maybe doing all that in 3D is a bit much? Fun to try.

toon_muscle.jpg
    433 x 700 - 79K
    edited December 1969

Ok finally got a render of the skin close up with no postwork on the demon chick i posted the other page. I decided to have a bit of fun with it. lol

(w.i.p btw not finished pic just a test render)

hellgirl_x_4_jpg.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 428K
    edited December 1969

Very nice Dire as much as I had fun with the AOA shaders nothing beats Lux rendering for me and my skill level... This is more of my land of the giants cross over with sliders story... This time the slide is crossed over with a classic monster flick..

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/44-386906513

9330933176_6d6878c599_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 163K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 169K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 180K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 213K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 200K
    edited December 1969

Ok finally got a render of the skin close up with no postwork on the demon chick i posted the other page. I decided to have a bit of fun with it. lol

I think it's pretty neat.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys for the comments on the planes, no for something different - don't think I have posted this in here.

skank-wear.jpg
    931 x 1200 - 132K
    edited December 1969

I think it's pretty neat.

Thanks. Lol as i was putting her together the sawed off horns on her head (at least that what they are supposed to be) she started to remind me off Hellboy so i tried to make her a big hand using some robot hand freebie i had and adding a new texture to it.

Very nice Dire as much as I had fun with the AOA shaders nothing beats Lux rendering for me and my skill level... This is more of my land of the giants cross over with sliders story... This time the slide is crossed over with a classic monster flick..

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/44-386906513

thanks. the aoa shaders are pretty interesting, but i am a shader junkie i think. every time a new set comes out i have to get it.

I have that other Luxrender importer sold here (can't think of it's name right now) but i have yet to play with it much.
    I agree luxrenders look good but I just can't get myself to get into them much cause it can take so long and i am not teh worlds most patient person lol.

I like to render something see how it's going, cancel it, tweak it a bit render some more, and for me it's harder to keep rendering cause it takes so long before i can see how things look clearly. Now before teh AoA shaders came out i was playing with blender cycles. importing all the scene i made in daz studio into it and setting up the mats, but that was more of a way to get used to blender, but cycles did have a nice look to the renders, not quite like Luxrender but they were pretty nice.

(And on an unrelated note, i thought that the new forums were suppose to send out notifications better than the old one did, so much for progress lol.)

edited December 1969

But for fun Syren Says:

I always loved your characters. they are all pretty unique and always recognizable as yours.

edited December 1969

Dire it's really not that bad but am glad I have the flexibility to get decent renders with both engines. In some cases Lux renders are actually faster. You have Luxus which I think needs more tweaking. I am used to how Reality works R3 for DS will be out soon. larsmidnatt uses octane. I set up my newer 32G with a fire pro AMD card so I cannot use Octane.

edited December 1969

Thanks. Lol as i was putting her together the sawed off horns on her head (at least that what they are supposed to be) she started to remind me off Hellboy so i tried to make her a big hand using some robot hand freebie i had and adding a new texture to it.

I can see Hellboy in her too.

I always loved your characters. they are all pretty unique and always recognizable as yours.

edited December 1969

More fun with King Kong storyline http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/51-387131633

9335671953_289a8f3037_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 157K
This discussion has been closed.