Free Beach Towel (Updated with Morphs and Materials)

IldanachIldanach Posts: 217
edited February 2019 in Freebies

Hi folks,

I've created a freebie beach towel prop. This is my first attempt at distributing an item so I've made it pretty basic for now while I'm learning how to package things for distribution etc.

Hope you can make use of it and if there are any problems with the way I've packaged it please leave a comment below so I can fix it up. I have no idea how to get it to show in the Smart Content pane, but the content locations can be found in the ReadMe.

Prop is fully textured. Colour can be changed using the Diffuse option. You can just alter the colour or replace the mapped image with an image of  your own.

Hoping to release more complex and refined items in the future.

Download from Dropbox

• 1 Beach Towel Prop
  • 7 Morphs
  • 11 Material Presets

Cheers

UPDATES:
2017-10-24
I've updated the download to include 7 morphs for the beach towel prop as well as 11 material presets. Hope fully this will help with adding a bit of variation to your renders

Post edited by Ildanach on

Comments

• Looks nice, thanks for the share.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

Yes, thank you.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Thank you so much for this great prop going to come in handy.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    Ildanach said:

I've created a freebie beach towel prop. This is my first attempt at distributing an item so I've made it pretty basic for now while I'm learning how to package things for distribution etc.

Hope you can make use of it and if there are any problems with the way I've packaged it please leave a comment below so I can fix it up. I have no idea how to get it to show in the Smart Content pane, but the content locations can be found in the ReadMe.

Prop is fully textured. Colour can be changed using the Diffuse option. You can just alter the colour or replace the mapped image with an image of  your own.

Hoping to release more complex and refined items in the future.

Download from Dropbox

Cheers

Wow, this is super nice!  Thanks for your generosity.  Hope it was ok to grab since I'm not the one who requested.blush

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Thank you, Ildanach. No problems with downloading and installing. When loaded into a scene (without needing to manually load the mat file) the towel shows up white for me, but renders the texture just fine. Nice job! yes Regards, Frank.

• IldanachIldanach Posts: 217
    edited October 2017

Thanks everyone. I hope you find it useful in your renders. I've created a few morphs for the towel and will update the download to include them if people are interested in it. It would mean you will be able to add more towels to the scene without them all looking identical.

@sapat - yes of course it's okay that you grabbed it. I've released it for everyone smiley

@dragonfly_2004 - thanks for letting me know it installed without problems. I was worried I hadn't packaged it right so I appreciated you letting me know smiley I think it looks white until rendered because I'm using the diffuse map to create the colouring. Glad it looks okay when rendered.

Post edited by Ildanach on

Glad to help. And I mentioned it showing as white, so others won't think there's a problem. Adding morphs and/or extra textures would make the towel more useful, and some people find having a template available helps them create their own textures, but that is probably unnecessary these days, with shaders of all kinds available. Regardless, the towel is a nice looking, and useful, product as it stands now.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Glad to help. And I mentioned it showing as white, so others won't think there's a problem. Adding morphs and/or extra textures would make the towel more useful, and some people find having a template available helps them create their own textures, but that is probably unnecessary these days, with shaders of all kinds available. Regardless, the towel is a nice looking, and useful, product as it stands now.

Agree, morphs, YAY....would be great but even as is you've been very thoughtful to share.  But I wouldn't say no to morphs! laugh

Help, comments and general feedback is always welcome! smiley

sapat said:

Agree, morphs, YAY....would be great but even as is you've been very thoughtful to share.  But I wouldn't say no to morphs! laugh

Morphs should be coming your way a little later today. smiley I will be adding a few extra textures too as per @dragonfly_2004 suggestion. wink

I'll update the original post once the new version is up.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

The add on of the textures will be great for beach scenes!!!

Again I thank you so much for this wonderful freebie!!

The add on of the textures will be great for beach scenes!!!

Again I thank you so much for this wonderful freebie!!

You're very welcome. I've updated the link now to a new version with the morphs and material presets! smiley

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

Nice! Thank you. smiley

Okay, final comment (probably?): Again no problems with downloading, installing or rendering. All materials render fine (and look great), and all morphs work, even in combination; I tried four combinations of two morph sliders together, then a combination of all morphs, and nothing broke. Excellent work on this product, Ildanach!

And now I'll go hide back in my box, since it's been a long time (a decade) since I was a beta tester blush

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Wow thank you very much this is wonderful!!

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289

I just tried it and it looks great with all the material choices and you have done a really good work on the morphs.

Many thanks for the much to be used freebie

Okay, final comment (probably?): Again no problems with downloading, installing or rendering. All materials render fine (and look great), and all morphs work, even in combination; I tried four combinations of two morph sliders together, then a combination of all morphs, and nothing broke. Excellent work on this product, Ildanach!

And now I'll go hide back in my box, since it's been a long time (a decade) since I was a beta tester blush

Thank you so much @dragonfly_2004 for testing it out for me. I really appreciate it and I'm glad it all works without issues smiley Feel free to pop out of your box anytime! wink

Thanks for the nice comments and feedback everyone. I'm really glad you can make use of the prop and I'd love to see any renders you do with it.

Thanks again for downloading smiley

• Thank you very much for this beautiful towel, very good job .

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Thanks, I need one the other day so this will be good.

Thanks jefbrunet and nonesuch00. Hope you find the towel useful. Would love to see some renders!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,977

_thank you kindly_``~...

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471

Thanks for sharing your work!

• Thank you, looks great!

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016

Thank you very much!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited July 2018

Thank you very much I don't use Iray but put a 3DL shader on it

Coupleonthebeach.png
    1998 x 1395 - 3M
    BeachBlanketGirl.png
    2000 x 1600 - 3M
    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • Thank you for this! It's really good!

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

Thank you :-)

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,423

Beautiful prop, you've done a wonderful job with it! 

Is it ok to use commercially or just for personal work?

• Rieke77Rieke77 Posts: 618

Thank you very much! yes