New Release: Genesis Generation X2 (upgrade ends soon) [Commercial]

15678911»

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

I know this is an older thread ,and I know wonderful D3D has passed away ,so I need information from other GenX2 users ....I've run into an issue with morphs that have the same name  ,like "Face Round" ( for example) in the morph list it has a 9 next to it ,well I figured out that means there are nine morphs with that same name from different figures....... the question is  Can I change the names ,add a number or letter to make them different  ?or shouldI delete them? Cause they are not usable as is they mulitply themselves ....

• I've run into a serious issue. As I understand it, Genesis Generation requires, in addition to the add-ons for Genesis 2 and Genesis 3, morph clones for the various figures. However, I'm missing some of the clones, such as CloneGenesis3Male. Any suggestions on how I can get them?

• I've run into a serious issue. As I understand it, Genesis Generation requires, in addition to the add-ons for Genesis 2 and Genesis 3, morph clones for the various figures. However, I'm missing some of the clones, such as CloneGenesis3Male. Any suggestions on how I can get them?

They're all available for sale in the DAZ store. 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

There's a whole slew of add-ons for various generations figures, all the way back to gen3. Not everyone uses them all, so they are split up in groups. You only need to buy the ones that you can reasonably expect to use. But you do need to buy a lot of them separately.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited July 2018

You know, I'd just like to get this program to work successfully once...

Backstory: So, I dial in a custom V4 character (usually I do Genesis figures, long story).  She looks OK, but I don't have all of the custom morphs that I need to get her looking like I want.

I download THIS tutorial, after having issues with Sickleyield's tutorial.

http://3doutlaw.com/home/wp-content/uploads/Copying-body-morph-from-V4-to-Genesis.pdf

After a couple of tries, I manage to transfer the exported .obj to Genesis 3 (transfer utility).  It sorta kinda works.  The morphs aren't labeled correctly, and are showing as Victoria 4 though (rather than with my custom morph name/name of the .obj)... when I finally am able to get a morph dial to show up that looks somewhat like the character I just did, well there are transform issues, and the face is a bit scary looking...

Soooo, I figure, well I DID buy Gen X2 last year, it'd be nice to finally figure out how to use it.

So I dig out the Gen X documentation, and attempt to follow the instructions...

Well, it's not really clear how my custom character morph is transferred, but I try following the instructions anyways.  Drag V 4.2 base into Gen X2, set Genesis 3 (first go) or even just Genesis (to see if I can get it to work at all), and well...

The first go with Gen X2, well I have the V4 morphs, but not my custom morph.

Subsequent tries - Daz Studio locks up/freezes at 22%.Even after restarting each time.  I let the computer sit for about a half hour at one point, hoping that it might progress.  The first time only took less than 5 minutes (the one that was missing my morphs).

For reference, attached is the .obj of my WIP character (V4 export, not happy with the face yet), with some basic underwear added to avoid angering the nudity police... Obviously, she's having eyelash issues, and isn't quite where I want to be yet.

My other option, of course, is to start from scratch with a Genesis 3 model, but I was hoping for a V4 version as well as a G3 version of this character that I'm working on, both being essentially the same...

Dunno if anyone has any suggestions, but this is six hours of my life essentially wasted (the time I've spent attempting to transfer this shape) at the moment...

TestV4Figure_OBJ.jpg
    600 x 426 - 29K
    Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited July 2018

Have you tried loading your morphed figure into your veiwport then  use the "SELECT : GET VALUES FROM FIGURE IN SCENE : TRANSFER "

Post edited by carrie58 on