dforce issue

Can anybody tell me why, no matter what I try to simulate, I inevitably get an error out that tells me to check the log file and I find this:

2017-12-01 11:23:07.397 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(30): Open CL notify: CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE error executing CL_COMMAND_NDRANGE_KERNEL on GeForce GTX 1080 (Device 0).

2017-12-01 11:23:07.397 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(2171): ERROR: Memory Object Allocation Failure (-4)

Comments

• Even using clothing made for dForce?

• I'm  also getting this

2017-12-27 12:43:22.024 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2017-12-27 12:46:03.446 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(30): Open CL notify: CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE error executing CL_COMMAND_NDRANGE_KERNEL on GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (Device 0).

2017-12-27 12:46:03.446 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(2294): ERROR: Memory Object Allocation Failure (-4)

Animating a simple scene using dForce Sleeveless Ruffle Dress for Genesis 8 Female(s)

• If you're using the latest drivers, roll back a version until you find one that works.

• Can anybody tell me why, no matter what I try to simulate, I inevitably get an error out that tells me to check the log file and I find this:

2017-12-01 11:23:07.397 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(30): Open CL notify: CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE error executing CL_COMMAND_NDRANGE_KERNEL on GeForce GTX 1080 (Device 0).

2017-12-01 11:23:07.397 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(2171): ERROR: Memory Object Allocation Failure (-4)

I feel for you. I really do. I get the same thing and I'm just sick of trying anymore. No matter what I do, other than some dress that came with d-force Essentials or something along those lines, NOTHING works. I have several dForce made items and they're all useless to me. I won't even bother with it anymore. I've screamed and raged at this dynamics crap for the last time.

• I'm not having trouble with it, and I'm using non-dForce-ready items, and hair. It's your video card drivers. Unless you absolutely require the latest drivers for financial or life-saving reasons (running the global stock market or a dialysis machine for your child), roll back to the 387.92 drivers.

• On a related note:  since dForce is extremely new and Poser's dynamic-cloth system's been in place for a decade-plus, how well do Poser dynamic pieces or the Optitex meshes work in dForce (there being so many more of either of those than of pieces made for dForce per se)?

• I haven't tried any of the OptiTex stuff. I also have not tried any of Poser's dynamic stuff in dForce yet. Ive been kinda busy making things like a set of dynamic drapes from Daz primitives, dust covers for stored furniture, and influencing the final shape of a dynamic sheet using other primitives.

Technically, one could cut up a plane primitive into hair strips, if one were so inclined.

• So I finally found a fix to my issue. Finally, after so much frustration dForce works ! First item didn't even explode, freeze up the GPU, give any errors, etc. Thanks to Vwrangler who provided a link on how to stop Windows 10 from continuously reinstalling updated drivers. I used to have control over this but since I think the November Win update, I no longer had the option to stop Windows from updating all hardware drivers. So far it has worked.

Here's the link in case other people are having the same issues: https://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/

• Congrats!

Yet another reason for me to not switch to Win 10. They have the nerve to call it an "upgrade". Removing control from the computer owner is not an upgrade. It's bad enough that 7 and 8.1 tell me "You've set the system to ask your permission before installing updates. Click here to fix this problem." It's not a problem, stupid computer, it's a choice. I do like to use my computer for more than just installing updates.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,001

I just got and installed (last weekend) the GeForce GTX 1080 and began having this issue when I never had it before. I noticed a new driver came out and installed it. Hopefully that'll fix the issue...

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

be careful experimenting with rotten/floating/badly geometry con old model cloth being "dForced" because Windows will ban your card if multiple kernel crashes took in place...like mine.

• Victor_BVictor_B Posts: 391
    edited October 2018
    Post edited by Victor_B on
    edited October 2018

• Please don't bump threads.

What are you trying to simulate? Have you tried other items? Are you restarting DS if a simulation fails?

edited October 2018

• Maybe this will help someone who stumbles across this thread. I've found most often when encountering this error it's actually not the driver, it's my scene. If you've loaded a large scene file, all the content by default is visible in the simulation. Going through your scene and turning visible in simulation off for everything except for what is actually interacting with your dforce items dramatically reduces the amount of memory required to process the simulation and improves simulation times as well. 

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,570

I would have thought that using the "Simulate Selected" option should do that for you without having to go through and switch off all the other assets. That will atleast only cause the currently selected object to be simulated although I can only make an assumption on the memory usage.

• Haha, or maybe I've just never been aware of that option. Thanks for the tip.