* Closed* RRRR - Error 404 Not Found! Render Contest

Comments

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

This looks like it could be fun, so made my rolls for my first time here: -

https://www.daz3d.com/jewell-hair/

https://www.daz3d.com/lazer-toss-arcade-game

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-sleeveless-ruffle-dress-for-genesis-8-female-s

https://www.daz3d.com/razor-cut-hair-for-genesis-2-female-s

Well something really wants me to be using Genesis 2 hair... wonder how well these will parent to Genesis 8.

Somewhat amusingly I had to add a slash at the end of the address for the first one manually... because it went to a 404 page! surprise

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498

Welcome Noswen!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    Noswen said:

This looks like it could be fun, so made my rolls for my first time here: -

https://www.daz3d.com/jewell-hair/

https://www.daz3d.com/lazer-toss-arcade-game

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-sleeveless-ruffle-dress-for-genesis-8-female-s

https://www.daz3d.com/razor-cut-hair-for-genesis-2-female-s

Well something really wants me to be using Genesis 2 hair... wonder how well these will parent to Genesis 8.

Somewhat amusingly I had to add a slash at the end of the address for the first one manually... because it went to a 404 page! surprise

Welcome to RRRR @Noswen !!!!

That is amusing that the link went to a 404 Page!!!

You are going to be addicted to this contest I warn you ahead!!!!

Saphirewild Pull #4

416 240 646 40 

Random numbers generated May 20 2018 at 22:50:14 by psychicscience.org  
    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

#416-Pillows and Poses for Genesis 8

#240-GIS Nova

#646-Z Snowey - Snowman and Poses for Genesis 3 & 8 Female

#40-Barbarian King

I think this pull is going to very interesting indeed!!!

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited May 2018

Looks like I have some catching up to do.

Thanks for all the compliments & encouragement.  Fun because I’m getting loads of material for creative writing.

@Totte
    Clever!  Warranty on robots just not what it used to be.  "Deep space only.  Void if used on planets, moons, or golf courses (sand & water hazzards.)"

@Luci45
    Heh.  “404 not found” topic about “How Do They Do that!”  Public topic be better than a PM.  Make one?

#2 Searching for Goldilocks
    Three bears have a good legal case against Goldilocks.  Trespassing, criminal mischief, property loss, pain & emotional suffering...

#3 Enlightenment
    Laughing.  Oh goodness.   He might want to call emergency psychiatric services.  There’s a reason you’re not supposed to eat things like that!

@Gohperus
    #2 The Lost Cord
    Missing belt perfect excuse to see the world!  Like the Napoleonic costume.

#3 Waldo
    Waldo!  Love it!  Wish I’d thought of that one.  Coming soon!  Smartphone game, “Find the Finches Mommy”

@Saphirewild
    #3 Mandy’s Crown
    Leave no stone unturned!  Great idea for a story.  No matter what place or what setting, “Nope... Fresh out of crowns around here.  Be interested in buying a tiara?”

#4 should be interesting.  smiley

@Noswen
    Nothing says you have to put hair on a character!  That’s half the fun for me at least.  Hair prop could running around... Flying through the air...  Looking forward to seeing what you put together!

Tynkere #03

#125 Fantasy Tower set
    #330 Vintage Luggage
    #003 1941 Pickup Truck
    #281 Shaved Side Hair G3/G8F
    #117 Explorer’s Den set (LB)
    #282 Short Afro for g3/g8 (LB)

404 not found: Panic.

Fortuna sometimes had trouble fitting all her gaming pieces into the same time-space.  Humans would panic, and that wouldn’t suit Fortuna’s plans.  Not Moni On-voo-tay, Village Witch & Tarot Card Lady.  Moni, had descended from a long line of Folk Physicians (witch doctors) and had learned to dismiss what could be there... From what was there.  So...  If a blacksmith’s hut started materializing in her cottage... Or a truck that could leak oil on the new carpet...  Moni would deal with these possibilities when (or if) they happened.  The main thing was to stay calm.  No panic here!  Have a nice cup of tea!  Fortified with Spirits...  She was a witch after all.  Spirits were her stock & trade. Moni knew exactly what to tell Mrs. Chapmann about the gaming gods. The trick was to avoid slurred speech, and maybe the occasional hiccup.

Post edited by Tynkere on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654

Thanks, bohemian3, Gopherus and Tynkere. Welcome Noswen!
    Saphirewild Pull #3 LOL, great guard costume! I hope Mandy finds her crown so she can look regal.
    Gopherus #03 LOL, so cool! I love the way you put the picture together. (You always do that so well.) Waldo got my attention first, then the lookers and finally the  dog looking at the bird in the bottum corner.
    Tynkere #03 Fortuna deals with 404s on a regular basis it seems. I can relate to that. Good use of your pull. 

Pull #4
    Wedding Belles
    Short Wet Hair for Genesis 8 Male(s) and Female(s)
    Modern Living 1
    MICK-Kitchen

edited May 2018

Saphirewild Pull #4

416 240 646 40 

Random numbers generated May 20 2018 at 22:50:14 by psychicscience.org  

#416-Pillows and Poses for Genesis 8

#240-GIS Nova

#646-Z Snowey - Snowman and Poses for Genesis 3 & 8 Female

#40-Barbarian King

I think this pull is going to very interesting indeed!!!

Saphirewild Tag #4

Titled: 404 Not Found Barbarian Looking For Sword

It looked grim for the barbarian Brandon, who was looking for his beloved sword that has gotten him through many battles. Chancey was not going to move an inch to allow Brandon to look for that sword. She sat on her pillow in front of snowy, looked up and scawled at Brandon. Brandon looked down at Chancey and announced "I will not give up looking for my beloved sword, for it is she who has gotten me through many a battle for the King of Mount Quin!" Chancey replied "You will not find that old sword around here I can tell you that because we are in the city now and not back in the 1800's where you are from so there!" then she stuck out her tounge at him with the same scawl on her face but she did it so quick he did not even see it.

404 Not Found Barbarian Looking For Sword.png
    1500 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,027
    edited May 2018

Classic 404

A sort of high concept approach to show off the HDRIs pick... and maybe perhaps a bit of a cheat ;)

The Monument

Hash Slingers for Short Order Cook

LoRez Statues 

Chic Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)

iRadiance - Studio HDRIs for Iray

Classic.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by bohemian3 on
    edited May 2018

tag:luci45 #4
    Where Is The Groom?
    Princess Coral Belle knew where to find her fianacé when he did not show up for their wedding.
    "Ha, Charming! You were easy to find in my father's kitchen! I will not be left at the alter!"
    "What?! Oh, no, love! I wouldn't never do that. I was just having a little snack. What time is it?"

Used:
    Wedding Belles
    Short Wet Hair for Genesis 8 Male(s) and Female(s)
    Modern Living 1
    MICK-Kitchen

Also Used
    Corina for Genesis 8 Female
    Michael 8
    Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs
    Fairytale Prince for Genesis 3 Male(s)
    Splendor for Fairytale Prince
    Edwardian Hair
    Rigged Water 2
    Super Splash Pack
    Expressive Faces - One Click Morph Expressions for Michael 8
    Z Forest Spirit - Poses and Expressions for Genesis 8 Female and Edie 8

missing groom.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 872K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

Thanks Tynkere and Luci45 for your comments

@Tynkere #3  Virtual reality... love it!  Just like Zelazny s novels... you just take parts of reality and add or subtract them to get to where you want to be...

@Sapphirewild #4  the snowman knows where the sword is but is keeping his mouth shut and just smirking... good one!

@Bohemian3 #1  If the magic 8 ball is baffled what chance do we mortals have of finding the future?  nicely done!

@Luci45 #4  LOL!  Love the lighting, expressions and the water effects.... well done!

Thanks, Gopherus! I'm glad to find another Zelazny fan. I love the Amber series!

So do I!  One thing that i liked about Zelazny was when he would put in an uncredited reference to some book that I had had to read in high school english.

It was like an easter egg, with a "wink, wink, know what I mean..." .  I m thinking his day job must have been an english teacher in Albuquerque NM.

Yes, Gopherus, I know what you mean. I can't remember specific things, but something inspired me to look into Zelazny's background once and he had a masters degree in Elizabethan literature. I don't think he was a teacher though, but he would have been a fun one. 

Saphirewild Tag #4 LOL, he has a big hammer. he could threaten to smash her snowman. Maybe he's too chivalrous.
    bohemian3 Not a cheat at all - The 8-ball message does the job elegantly. And and elegant render. I love Dimension Theory's HDRIs - that is one of the few I don't have

Pull #5
    Keevan Hair 
    V4 Teen Ashley Clothing
    Elements hair for Genesis
    Dream Home Garage 

edited May 2018

Hope everyone had a good holiday if in states & celebrated Memorial Day.  

@Saphirewild
    Snowman is really a marble sculpture and the sword’s inside it.  Hmmm... Might be onto something there... The Sword in the Stone... Nah!  Silly idea.  No one would tell stories about swords being stuck in stones... ; )

@Bohemian3
    Magic Eight Ball!  Remember those!  Not found, a straight answer!  ; )

@Luci45
    Hee!  That’s one way to deal with a hungover prince.  Not found... Most of Dad’s ale from last night.

---
    Bohemian Gopherus & Luci, thanks for Zelazny tip.  I like subtle humor & references like that.  Will give Amber series a try.   

---
    Pull #4

034 - Beach Volleyball Props/Set
    136 - Filmmaker’s Equipment
    049 - Buzz hair for G3
    185 - Industrial Storage set
    ---
    036 - Biker Bandit Poses for Lee 7
    276 - Renegade Outfit for M7

edited May 2018

Thanks for the welcome everyone! smiley

Took me a while to get the idea for my pulls, but it finally came together.

Noswen #1

Where's the Ball?

When Amy and Mel went to the Arcades with Jack the sisters decided there was no harm in a friendly prank played on him.

Where's the Ball.jpg
    1500 x 927 - 401K
    Post edited by Noswen on

@Noswen #1  That is so true to life... i m thinking that it should be an excuse for jack to head over to the toy store ostensibly  to browse for balls.  the expressions really tell the story... good one!

edited May 2018

@Noswen

Like their expressions & how she has ball sort of tucked away in plain sight.  He’s focused on “Where’d it go!”  And the score just happens to be...  Nice touch!  : ) 

@Gopherus

If you noticed my mistake before I did, I apologize.  Thanks you for the tip about Zelazny.  blush

Thanks Gopherus and Tynkere. I felt changing the score would be a nice touch for this. First time I've ever gone and modified the image files used in the materials smiley

@Tynkere  LOL! no biggie! 

@Noswen  the score was a subtle touch... it s the little things.... i bet it changes to TILT! when jack moves the ramp

edited June 2018

Gopherus #04

Bacon the Toon Dog 
    Bandstand 
    RM Angelica 
    Slicer 
    Fire Dancer Bailarin del Fuego Bundle   (LB)
    Fairytale Collection Knights Keep    (LB)
    Shadow Caster Spell Ribbons  (LB)

404 Down from an Elephant

Darius learns that it s not smart to tease an elf mage....

"You say that it s impossible to get down from an elephant??  And then you tell me that you ll help me get down from a goose!!  If I were riding a  goose I sure wouldn t need your help to get down from it!!!

bandstand00.jpg
    1111 x 1389 - 1M
    Post edited by Gopherus on

@Gopherus #4 I think he would be wise not to make that elf mage angry she may just turn him into a goose to teach him a good lesson!!

edited June 2018

@Noswen
    Image files can be a pain sometimes, but worth it.   Really makes it on yours I think!

@Gopherus
    Poor Darius!  Guess he hasn't heard the joke, or takes things too literally!   Speaking of riding animals, does that mean there’s a gnome on the lamb?  Sorry.  Yours are so subtle, it’s difficult to think of a rejoinder sometimes!  : )

---

Discovering this ‘story telling’ idea not very good for funny renders.  What is fun-- I have no idea what’s going to happen next!  ‘Luck of the draw.' smiley

Thanks for reading & hope you enjoy!

--Bruce

Tynkere #4

#034 - Beach Volleyball Props/Set
    #136 - Filmmaker Equipment
    #049 - Buzz hair for G3
    #185 - Industrial Storage set props
    ---
    #036 - Biker Bandit Poses for Lee 7 ***
    #276 - Renegade Outfit for M7

***H.Poses (for Actor/motorcycle props) don't work unless specific product?  Pose for Lee 7 Biker modified from 'leaning' so that he's writing...

Dragnet - The Lost Episode

Detective Lee got the dispatch from a town named Sulphurous Springs. Code 404: Possible Homicide--  Hanging-- Shooting in Progress-- Old Warehouse-- 4th & Main.  When he got there, no dice.  Just some actors.  Guy named Friday was the cameraman.  Said a man named Destiny had left one of them hanging during the shoot.  Swore their story was true, but names had been changed.  The jig was up.  Just not for the girl on the ropes.  She wanted down.  Said her boots were made for walking.  Sounded urgent.  Called Squad 51.  Her name was not Nancy.

@Gopherus: That's one annoyed looking mage laugh

@Tynkere: Thanks, fortunately the edit was pretty simple for this one. I like the story to go with your render here laugh

• WTF is this... 

556 - Yuletide Dreams
    598 - Strike Back Outfit for G8F
    2787 - Ayla Hair for G2F
    2576 - Valkyrie Outfit for G3F

So I have Xmas, sexy spy, weird fantasy, and funky hairdo.

Alrighty then.

I don't think there's going to be any good story out of this, but at least I can work on pretty pictures.

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited June 2018

WTF is this... 

556 - Yuletide Dreams
    598 - Strike Back Outfit for G8F
    2787 - Ayla Hair for G2F
    2576 - Valkyrie Outfit for G3F

So I have Xmas, sexy spy, weird fantasy, and funky hairdo.

Alrighty then.

I don't think there's going to be any good story out of this, but at least I can work on pretty pictures.

Raw render output... still needs some post-work to clean it up, and then Comic-book-ize it.

"Critical Failure - Stealth Module Not Found"

It was supposed to be an easy job. Get in, steal the painting, get out, and get paid. After all, it was Christmas eve, and the owners of the house were vacationing somewhere in the Caribbean.

Of course it was too good to be true. The Sorceress heard about the job, and teleported right on top of me! She blew a giant hole in my Invisibility Generator, and now I'm going to have to find a way out of this mess...

Stealth module not found.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Well, here's my rolls, maybe this time I'll actually get a render done:

Michael 7: https://www.daz3d.com/michael-7

M5 photographic poses: https://www.daz3d.com/m5-photographic-poses

Wizardly staves: https://www.daz3d.com/wizardly-staves

Carnival Midway Interior props: https://www.daz3d.com/carnival-midway-interiors

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited June 2018

Okay, final version...

I didn't want to over-GIMP-ify it. This is closer to the base Render than I've been doing lately. I just evened out some of the edges a little.

Stealth module not found (final).jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,027
    edited June 2018

The Blurst of Times - Critical Failure
    Great job at bringing all the elements together - the great thing about this contest is it really pushed the envelope of personal creativity.

Tynkere - Dragnet the Lost Episode
    Love the Nancy Sinatra reference - your renders always seem to suggest a sound track - I can hear that famous bass lick !

Gopherus - 404 Down from an Elephant
    Like the camera angle on this one - artistic, but also your signature clever funny

Noswen - Where's the Ball
    I like the bold use of color and the fun incorporating of the theme.  Good job on this one.

luci45 #4 - Where Is The Groom?
    My favorite so far - really like the water - excellent job on one of the hardest thing to render faithfully.  It's fun - the pose of the groom is perfect, the mood is there.  A real winner!

Saphirewild - 404 Not Found Barbarian Looking For Sword
    terrific job at stitching together very different elements - fun and the center color of the sky is nicely done and draws you into the image

Overall everyone is knocking it out of the park !

Post edited by bohemian3 on

Thanks @bohemian3 It took a bit of doing but it finally came together in my head (Where most of my weird renders come from).

edited June 2018

Saphirewild Pull #5

350 420 191 544 

Random numbers generated Jun 5 2018 at 14:48:44 by psychicscience.org  

#350-Malakai for Lee 6

#420-Playground Set 2​

#191-Epic Heroine Poses for Genesis 3 Female(s)

#544-Sweetheart for Kids 4

Wow this one is going to be fun for sure, with the playground set and supposed it Adults I think I have the making of a great short story there lolz.

Edited to fix spelling mistakes

Post edited by Saphirewild on