* Closed* RRRR - Error 404 Not Found! Render Contest

Comments

• bohemian3 said:

The Blurst of Times - Critical Failure
    Great job at bringing all the elements together - the great thing about this contest is it really pushed the envelope of personal creativity.

Thanks. I tried to resist the "Superhero" idea, but it was the only thing that made any sense.

Roll #2...

1956 Mercurial Guardian for G3F
    2209 Lucius for Leo 7
    1627 Quinn Outfit for G3F
    2688 Sea Nymph Hair for V4

Well.

Another Superhero render, I guess. I can autofit Quinn Outfit to the same G8F that I used in the "Critical Failure" image...

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited June 2018

tag: luci45 #5
    Where is Grandpa?
    Grandma sent their beloved grandaughter little Nellie to the garage to fetch Grandpa. While she was searching, Nel got distracted by some DAZ dolls and didn't find Grandpa.

Used:
    Keevan Hair 
    V4 Teen Ashley Clothing
    Elements hair for Genesis
    Dream Home Garage 

Also Used:
    99 DAZ Studio Props - The Office
    Christmas Foot Stool
    Dream Home - Garage Decor Eclectic
    Toon Generations 2 Mega Bundle for Genesis 3 Female(s) and Male(s)
    Audacious Outfit
    Dorothea for Edie 8 HD Add-On
    Kelly Lodge props
    Evan
    Beach Vibes
    Frivolous Forties
    Wren hair
    Rhia for Lilith 6
    Various shaders

wheres grandpa.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 613K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited June 2018

Busy I see...  Hopefully can wrap things up by weekend.  Summer vacation coming up.

@ Blurst of Times
    Sorceresses...  Can’t trust them.  My money is on the thief.  They’re usually much more practical!  ; )

@ Bohemian3
    Thanks.  'Haydn' thought about sound tracks for renders. ;)  Wonder if I’m listening to music while working, it has an influence.  Hmmm...

@ Luci45
    Gramps looks like he’s enjoying himself and doesn't’t want to be found!  'Wondrous' in a charming, whimsical kind of way.  smiley

Tynkere Pull #5

086 - Dark Places Back Alley
    004 - 1948 Surfer’s Wagon
    326 - Vicky 5
    349 - Z Strike-a-Pose for Vicky 8

---
    043 - Bronwyn Hair for g3/g8
    232 - Mountainscape Backdrops

Post edited by Tynkere on
  • The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited June 2018

@ Tynkere... Ha, yes. Sorceresses are entirely untrustworthy.
    (I should really get Witcher 3 for my PC now that my boy has taken over the Xbox for Fortnite.)

I had so much fun with the Thief in Render #1, she had to come back in Render #2 (thanks to the wonders of Autofit)!

2209 Lucius for Leo 7 (on the floor, amped up with Massive morph)
    1956 Mercurial Guardian for G3F (on the floor, in from of Lucius)
    2688 Sea Nymph Hair for V4 (same dark skinned cutey on the floor)
    1627 Quinn Outfit for G3F (autofit to the Thief, used red materials to match previous scene)

"Critical Miss - A Shocking Exit"

It took all my tricks to slip past the Sorceress. And did I learn my lesson?

Of course not! There was a fat case of money with my name all over it. 

It didn't take much to fool La Matadora and the Beefcake on my way out. 
    The Taser Grenade I just tossed over my shoulder would guarantee that they missed me completely.

Raw render output, need to do some post-render cleanup.

shocking exit (raw render).jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • OK... pull #3. Let's see what we get.

1055  - Beau for Stephanie 6
    2360  - Aryelle Hair
    2621  - Yamaki FDR2 Fusion
    3116  - Fan and Reticule Set

That last one isn't even in the Daz Store any more... :-/

Since the Thief has been in everything so far, I guess she'll be riding the bike...

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited June 2018

@ The Blurst of Times
    Witcher-3 was fun.  Think I spent more time playing Gwent than trying to save Ciri.

Fun render for pull 2.  If see a grenade with a magic aura around it-- run!  (If see any grenade run...)  Quinn outfit reminds me of the old Tomb Raider series.   

Biker thief for pull 3 sounds promising.  : )

Guess that’s it.  Small bit of explanation if anyone interested.  

Two picks involving Vicky led to comparing them.   Street fight scene (Vicky Armed and Dangerous) seemed a little too violent.  A hairbrush on the other hand...  I really don’t have 5 different hairbrush props (yet.)       

Anyway, best wishes to everyone else on renders!

It's a lot of fun seeing how others put things together.   laugh

--Bruce

Tynkere Pull 5

086 - Dark Places Back Alley
    004 - 1948 Surfer’s Wagon
    326 - Vicky 5
    349 - Z Strike-a-Pose for Vicky 8***

043 - Bronwyn Hair for g3/g8
    232 - Mountainscapes Backdrops

***Z SAP 01 V8 HH mirror pose modified for scene.  Hopefully that isn’t cheating.

Not Found: Five Brushes for Five Sisters

Mrs. Chapmann had been told that Destiny was using a powerful troll named “Strife” in the game with Fortuna.  She got a can of “Bugger Off!” spray from the gardening shed.  “Guaranteed to chase away all manner of pests or your money back.” And so it did!  The troll took off crying.  “But it’s me job!  No one understands!  Me is professional troll!”  (Mrs. Chapmann consoled him by saying there was an old bridge in need of a scary monster, but that’s another story.)  Meanwhile, the Vicky sisters were suddenly at a loss to explain why they’d been fighting over a hairbrush.  They returned to being nice to one another again.  Back at the house, Mr. Chapmann suddenly found he had a wonderful gift for the Orphanage-- a hand crafted doll house.  The city librarian suddenly wondered why she’d been sitting on a motorcycle all day.  She quickly got back to helping people find books.  So life in the village returned to normal.  Odd thing though.   Mrs. Chapmann never learned what playing piece Fortuna had been using. 

Post edited by Tynkere on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,498

So many great ones!! 

Thanks, bohemian3 and Tynkere
    Noswen #1 LOL, Noswen. It seems the sisters don't take arcade games very seriously. Poor jack. Good one! 
    Gopherus #04 Next time you choose the theme maybe you should choose puns. Then we would all have to do this. This one is quite silly. I love aggravated elf mage. 
    Tynkere #4 You seem to be having fun with your LBs. I hope Lee doesn't get as frustrated as the elf mage. I like the Dragnet-esque narrative.
    Welcome, The Blurst of Times! #1 Quite a messy robbery. Nice one!  #2 And it just got messier...
    Tynkere Pull 5 I love all the action and quite a story!

Pull #6
    Fantasy Collar Set for Genesis 1 & 2 Male(s)
    Skies of Economy
    Possibilities 2PC Dress for Genesis 2 Female and Victoria 6
    By Lamplight Vignette Scene

edited June 2018

tag: luci45 #6
    The Audition
    Unbeknownst to her, Tish's dance partner, Corey, did not arrive for their audition for America Can Dance due to a medical emergency. Corey's twin brother Lorey thought it would be a swell idea to replace him, since he pretty much knew most of their dance routine. Unfortunately, Lorey was not accustomed to the limelight and, distracted by the bright lights and applause, he felt the need to tell a few jokes, and then somehow forgot that the routine began with Tish leaping off a park bench into his (or Corey's) arms.

Used:
    Fantasy Collar Set for Genesis 1 & 2 Male(s)
    Skies of Economy
    Possibilities 2PC Dress for Genesis 2 Female and Victoria 6
    By Lamplight Vignette Scene

Also Used:
    Zior hair
    M601 for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    Jarek for M6
    CityScapes
    EconoMantics
    Letizia for Lilith 6
    OOT Kyle Hair
    Fabrics of Asia

america can dance.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 600K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited June 2018

Thanks Saphirewild, Tynkere, Bohemian3, Luci45 for your comments

@Tynkere #4  Shirley a scene that is the dream of a Hollywood publicist.  there are a thousand stories in the naked city and this was one of them.... Good one!

#5  One brush for 5 women... this must be the Black Friday Sale at the Mall... no wonder the troll has beaten a hasty retreat... but can t resist peeking.... Well done!

@the Blurst of Times #1  Just Mel s luck... the painting was hanging crooked and needed adjusting... Good one!

#2  A second episode!  Leaving Lenny and Squiggy in the dust.. Love the camera angle... will there be a third?

@Luci45 #5  Garages are always full of hidden treasures... even more than the internet... warm toony pastelish look and feel... well done!

#6  Corey must have been into physical comedy... unfortunately the physical part was left to Tish  Good one!

Pull #5

G3 Starter Essentials 
    Captain Cupcake
    Shelter 
    Fairy Tale Collection Tower Interior 
    Vimana Flying Machine  (LB)
    TransPond Wooden Footbridge  (LB)
    Blowin in the Wind    (LB)

TP Wooden Footbridge.png
    506 x 591 - 616K
    Post edited by Gopherus on
    edited June 2018

Gopherus #05

G3 Starter Essentials 
    Captain Cupcake
    Shelter 
    Fairy Tale Collection Tower Interior 
    Vimana Flying Machine  (LB)
    TransPond Wooden Footbridge  (LB)
    Blowin in the Wind    (LB)

404 Romance Not Found

Armani was experiencing his winter of discontent, when he  stumbled on the internet site QueenBee.com.  Queen Bee guaranteed satisfaction and would totally support his  romance, sending out her drones to deliver everything he would need in each of the phases.  She guaranteed "A ring by spring or moneyback"  He couldn t wait to try it out on Cupcake.

SHELTER01.jpg
    1111 x 1389 - 1024K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited June 2018

Saphirewild Pull #5

350 420 191 544 

Random numbers generated Jun 5 2018 at 14:48:44 by psychicscience.org  
    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

#350-Malakai for Lee 6

#420-Playground Set 2​

#191-Epic Heroine Poses for Genesis 3 Female(s)

#544-Sweetheart for Kids 4

Wow this one is going to be fun for sure, with the playground set and supposed it Adults I think I have the making of a great short story there lolz.

Edited to fix spelling mistakes

Saphirewild Tag #5

Titled: 404 Not Found Playgound Lost Dolly

Sally loved her baby doll, she even went so far as to call her by her mother's name Cathylou. When she lost her dolly at the playground Mom (Cathylou) and Dad (Stanly) helped her search high and low around the playground even asked her friends and their parents if they saw her dolly but they were no help at all. 

404 Error Not Found Playground Lost Dolly.jpg
    1145 x 644 - 839K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited June 2018

Diomede draw #1

Diomede said:

Can't wait to see what all you creative people do with this one.  Daz should adopt the 404 winners.

Diomede draw #1

original 4
    2069 - Kentauros Centaur Outfit for Centaur 7 Male,  https://www.daz3d.com/kentauros-centaur-outfit-for-centaur-7-male
    719 - Colors for Crazy Locks Male Hair.  https://www.daz3d.com/colors-for-crazy-locks-male-hair
    3821 - Uber+ Iray Antique Metal. https://www.daz3d.com/uber-iray-antique-metals

2024 - Jessica Dress Sexy Textures  https://www.daz3d.com/jessica-dress-sexy-textures

LB
    2105 - Lady Rune Updo for Genesis 2 Female(s)   https://www.daz3d.com/lady-rune-updo-for-genesis-3-female-s-and-genesis-2-female-s

rrrr 404 error centaur 1b composite entry.jpg
    2000 x 3000 - 3M
    Post edited by Diomede on

@Saphirewild #5  That look s like tornado country...could the doll be experiencing the land of Oz?  or if the tornado goes the other way she could even be in KANSAS!  good one!

@Diomede #1  LOL!  How true... there are people who simply don t want to be found.... at least, at this time.  Well done!

Pull #6

David 5
    Silence 
    Battle Maiden 
    Les Romantiques for Cheirocrates 
    Magical Granite Shader  (LB)
    Toonimal Goldfish    (LB)
    Party Time Balloons    (LB)

edited June 2018

Gopherus #6

David 5
    Silence 
    Battle Maiden 
    Les Romantiques for Cheirocrates 
    Magical Granite Shader  (LB)
    Toonimal Goldfish    (LB)
    Party Time Balloons    (LB)

404 Peace and Quiet

It was Greek Week.  The frat boys were runnig amok.  But surely Aldo the gardener could find peace and quiet in the crypt.  NOT!

silence2b.jpg
    864 x 1080 - 1M
    edited June 2018

Woops, looks like I forgot to post my pull earlier. Anyway, here is #7:

tag: luci45 #7
    But You Don't Have Shiitakes? 
    Emmigrating off-world to a remote colony in the Cassini System was mostly pleasant for Edie Monroe and her family, but in spite of the many available culinary treats, she was confounded that she could no longer enjoy her favorite food - Shiitake mushrooms.

Woodland Props - FaeryTayle Fungus
    Warp Master
    Moon Rod
    Dream Home : Master Bedroom 

Also used:
    Cassini System Bundle
    Noddy For Genesis
    CotylorhynchusDR
    MICK-Kitchen
    Marrakesh Souk Basket
    Edie 8
    Classic Deco
    South Beach Deco 1
    Accents Fall for Genesis 8 Female(s)
    Joyous Spring
    Casual Dayz for Genesis 8 Female(s)
    Summer Fun Hair
    The Exile Alien HD for Genesis 3 Male
    Iray Ghost Light Kit 2

mushroom man.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 850K
    Post edited by luci45 on
    edited June 2018

@Luci45  #7  "Do you know the mushroom man, the mushroom man, the mushroom man..."  Leon has quite a franchise but if there s something he s lacking he should give malcolm reynolds a call... he services unusual items for the outer rim.  Good one!

Pull #7

Hiking Threads  
    Ultra Gen Expressive 
    Death Bringer
    Dynamic Skinny Jeans 
    William for Regency  (LB) 
    Karaoke Machine   (LB)
    RDNA Stylez Erp Moustache  (LB)

Death Bringer.png
    362 x 462 - 297K

Thanks, Gopherus
    Gopherus #05 Wow, that is surreal! I love the baby and the mop! LOL.
    Saphirewild Tag #5 Poor Sally. I hope the dolly turned up, 404 or not. (Maybe it's hiding in a tube.) 
    Diomede draw #1 Nice one, Diomede!
    Gopherus #6 Geez, what a bunch of rowdy fools! Great expressions and posing. Aldo seems to be tuning them out so far. What is he reading? Or looking at, I should say. 

Pull #8
    Genesis 2 Male Head Morphs
    Derelict Corners Urban
    City Bus Stop
    The Ballroom Exp 1 

Thanks Luci

There was a teasing song we used to sing when we were kids...   "2 little love birds sitting in a tree.... K  I  S  S  I  N  G..."  that s the basis for #05

My first idea was for having aldo read a book on quantum physics and the two slit experiment... loosely like the movie Good will hunting  but i wimped out and went with a picture book with entries from the RRRR 404 contest instead which is the label at the bottom of each pic although it pixelates so you can t make it out

edited June 2018

Gopherus #7

Hiking Threads  
    Ultra Gen Expressive 
    Death Bringer
    Dynamic Skinny Jeans 
    William for Regency  (LB) 
    Karaoke Machine   (LB)
    RDNA Stylez Erp Moustache  (LB)

404 Match Not Found

The topic is “What do men really want”  and  your final answer was “Abuse”  Not  only have you failed to match a single one of our celebrity panel, but in failing to do so, you have forfeited the home version of the Match Game that we normally give to losers… Instead we are going to give you an autographed copy of the book, “Men and Candy Bars are from Mars,” Now, you’re out of here!

match game 3.jpg
    1111 x 1389 - 1M

Gopherus #7 That's brilliant, Gopherus! Abuse. LOL. I love the celebrity panel.   

Aldo looks like he could be absorbed in either RRRR renders or elusive photons - a true intellectual. laugh

Saphirewild Pull #6

150 306 317 258 

Random numbers generated Jun 22 2018 at 0:12:25 by psychicscience.org  

#150- Desk Clocks

#306- L75 War Alistair

#317- Leotard for Genesis 3 Female(s)

#258- Hip Hop Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)

This one is going to be very interesting to see what I can come up with!!

@luci45 #7- She looks like she wants the whole cargo load of Shiitake Mushroms!! Good one.

@Gopherus #7- I think she deserves the home game at least giggles she did try her best no doubt!!

Thanks Luci, Saphirewild for your comments

Pull #8

Darius 8 
    Darius 7 Pro Bundle 
    Automatic Teller Machine 
    I Am Poses 
    Kay    (LB)
    Hector Giannini 6      (LB)
    Spanish Tack Millennial Horse    (LB)

edited July 2018

Saphirewild Pull #6

150 306 317 258 

Random numbers generated Jun 22 2018 at 0:12:25 by psychicscience.org  

#150- Desk Clocks

#306- L75 War Alistair

#317- Leotard for Genesis 3 Female(s)

#258- Hip Hop Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)

This one is going to be very interesting to see what I can come up with!!

Saphirewild Tag #6

Titled: 404 Not Found Lost Clocks

Vince sat back in his chair and watched his partner Kyle work over Miss Anna Barister. They were trying to find out who was the one who lost the 5th clock of the collection of clocks that Vince owned. They were all worth a lot of money and to brake up the set would make the rest worthless. She was the key to the whole mystery they thought, so Kyle worked Anna over. Even went so far as to shove her off the chair she was sitting in. He crouched in front of her putting his hand up to his face and asked her once again "Who lost the 5th clock of that collection?" She started to cry and said "Tony must have lost it sir."

404 Not Found Lost Clocks.jpg
    1500 x 843 - 1M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

@saphirewild #6  So he clocked her one... if Tony is the dog they may never find where he buried his treasure and they would be losing time just questioning him.  Good one!

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited July 2018

Here's my pull #1:

53329 - Mitch Hair (an AprilYSH freebie)
    64844 - Hobbit Hut (a sharecg freebie OBJ)
    64746 - Dark Corner Of The Dungeon (Stonemason's)
    9025 - Beach Umbrella (not sure where this came from - beach volleyball perhaps ?)

And here's what I came up with...

Behind The 404...

The Mitch Hair pull was the main inspiration here - old guy hair and the 404 theme ? An exasperated Grandad throwing his hands up in despair at a 404 screen the DAZ site just threw at him !

The biggest decision was whether grandad was silver-surfing from the dark corner of the dungeon or from the hobbit hut. With that choice made then the beach umbrella just fitted better in the dungeon (whaddya mean you don't follow the logic of that? Just trust me - it does.) And it's obvious that, well, if you've got a beach umbrella in the dark corner of the dungeon it can only mean monster rats with martinis!

Of course the Mitch Hair needed a few extras to turn it into Grandad: D3 with the old guy morph; Sydd's M3 Adrian MAT; and M3 NightWorld Lone Wolf shirt

(The day after posting this I realized that the dungeon should be filled with all those "no longer available" DAZ products.. the monster rat just smiled at me, raised an eyebrow, and said "But my dear boy, it was!". He then smacked his lips, did that Hannibal Lecter "Fffff...ffff.... fff..." thing, took a sip of his martini, and gave a little decadent artsy-fartsy chuckle...)

For my own reference - entry posted https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3755406/#Comment_3755406

404NotFound-Final.jpg
    1204 x 960 - 161K
    Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

@3dcheapskate #1  LOL!  Grandad is contemplating himself  in the 2 way mirror, not realizing that beyond it is the looking glass world of his youth, waiting for him to take a drink.  like a mature christopher robin or peter pan.  Well done!

Gopherus said:

@saphirewild #6  So he clocked her one... if Tony is the dog they may never find where he buried his treasure and they would be losing time just questioning him.  Good one!

Yes Tony is the dog and I do not think any of them will find that clock again. Thanks for the nice comment @Gopherus !

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited July 2018

Are we allowed to do more than one render for a single pull or is it strictly one pull, one render ?

(I can't find the number of the renders for each pull in the Book Of Armaments)

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on