Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.10.0.123! (*UPDATED*)

1234568»

Comments

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

some mouse effect,,
    - perspective view, click on cude, fast roll to left down view,, mouse jump outside daz window

it was fixed when i installed in fresh new computer (february 2018)
    and last week the problem is back again,,
    - after win update

possible problem reported by Microsoft
    After installing the KB4093112 update, some users may experience unexpected panning or scrolling in some applications

• There are no words to describe how much I hate this version. Really. No. Words.

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758
    edited May 2018
    cm152335 said:

possible problem reported by Microsoft
    After installing the KB4093112 update, some users may experience unexpected panning or scrolling in some applications

You are missing the "while using the pen", at the end of that quote. Also the mention that it is resolved in a later update. KB4093105

However, this new update to windows, is causing chrome to auto-scroll to the top, annoyingly now. It was some major update that is black-screening some people's PC's. Just add that to the list of things they keep breaking. (Microsoft, not Daz.)

Beware of this months Major update-killer...  Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) https://www.windowscentral.com/may-patch-tuesday-update-causing-boot-issues-some-windows-10-pcs

I am sure it will bork Daz too... There are a lot of major changes in this one, that no-one even asked for.

Post edited by JD_Mortal on
  • VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 547

There are no words to describe how much I hate this version. Really. No. Words.

Why?

• Visuimag said:

There are no words to describe how much I hate this version. Really. No. Words.

Why?

Because I've submitted two tickets, sent reams of logs and posted about a problem with constant crashing and found in the forums that many others have had problems--some of them have been fixed but those fixes haven't worked for me.  I have a large investment of assets from both Daz and Renderosity and I now have to export a scene before it crashes or it may never open again. I can work with the scene in Modo but have to rebuild all the shaders and the rigging never seems to transfer. It's frustrating because Daz doesn't issue patches and it's hard to tell from the change logs whether 4.11 will address these problems or just add another layer of complexity without making the program more stable. I'm running Mac OS 10.12.6 and I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 with 8GB on a separate power supply, 16GB memory (about to swap out for 64GB--I'm hoping that will help), and terabytes of storage. I run Zbrush and Modo without any issues but Daz crashes constantly. Daz has been adding complexity IMO without addressing stability issues. Modo and Zbrush are far more complex and rarely crash--they load scenes far more quickly and their asset management is pretty straightforward. Daz seems to be all over the place and half of the crashes seem to be related to the CMS. I could go on but I'm just venting at this point. YMMV.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited May 2018

I am running a DS in a very similar environment, macOS 10.12.6, Mac Pro Dual Quad-Core 2.8 Ghz, 40 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX-1070 with 8 GB, also in a separate power supply, and terabytes of storage aswell. Al I can say is I am not having constant crashes. CMS is working flawless and I use it all the time. Loading saved scenes or assets is really slow, but I found this occurs because I have to much morphs to be read when loading figures. Anyway, the scenes loads at all.

What definitively cause DS 4.10 crashes is run dforce simulations using NVIDIA GeForce GTX-1070 and it's really slowest than run the same simulation on Windows. I have a dedicated Windows OS HD iin my Mac Pro and to the almost part of time I boot in Windows to run the simulations. It's something 10 X faster than running the same simulation in macOS. Certainly the NVIDIA driver implementation is better in Windows. It's weird as Apple created OpenCL which is used in simulations.

When rendering using NVIDIA card the render times are the same.

Post edited by MBusch on
  • Trigger_31Trigger_31 Posts: 19

So, any updates when DS 4.11 may appear ? This year or next year ?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191

The only people who can answer that are Daz, and they aren't.

• notiuswebnotiusweb Posts: 110

I see that Daz Iray has a Noise Filter, however it does not appear to do anything upon render (?).  I have trialed Iray for 3DS Max, and the AI Denoiser is very fast, I would expect somewhere in the realm of a 6 secondc render @1080p for less complex scenes on a multi-GPU setup (say, 3 1080Ti).   

So, is the listed Noise Filter only an early 'place-holder' for a later operational Iray AI Denoiser to be implemented?  Because, if it should be working now, it does not appear to be functioning, like the Iray AI Denoiser for 3DS Max. 

Thx!

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    notiusweb said:

I see that Daz Iray has a Noise Filter, however it does not appear to do anything upon render (?).  I have trialed Iray for 3DS Max, and the AI Denoiser is very fast, I would expect somewhere in the realm of a 6 secondc render @1080p for less complex scenes on a multi-GPU setup (say, 3 1080Ti).   

So, is the listed Noise Filter only an early 'place-holder' for a later operational Iray AI Denoiser to be implemented?  Because, if it should be working now, it does not appear to be functioning, like the Iray AI Denoiser for 3DS Max. 

Thx!

It works. First it should be enabled to appear on the Iray render window. Once it starts rendering, left click the divider on the left to expand the options section. The Denoiser options should be visible.

What am I missing here, I set a max render time of 6 seconds and then render, with the filter on.  But the filtering never takes place?  Thx!

DenoiseFilter.jpg
    1905 x 1036 - 649K
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

A max render time of 6 seconds in not long enough, set it to e.g. 5 mins. Start the render and after an x number of iterations enable the denoise filter.

What am I missing here, I set a max render time of 6 seconds and then render, with the filter on.  But the filtering never takes place?  Thx!

A max render time of 6 seconds in not long enough, set it to e.g. 5 mins. Start the render and after an x number of iterations enable the denoise filter.

Oh Wait - Maybe this is not an 'AI Denoiser' yet then?  Iray 3DS Max's AI Denoiser, and say Octane Render's V4 Experimental build's AI Denoiser, can do renders with small s/px or iterations, ie 100 s/px or 10 iterations, such that you can render a scene like this in seconds, not minutes.  I have done it myself, was expecting after the 6 seconds to pop out the denoised image....LOL  

Ok, when Iray for Daz implements the true AI Denoising, you will be in for a treat!  smiley

Thx!

notiusweb said:

Oh Wait - Maybe this is not an 'AI Denoiser' yet then?  Iray 3DS Max's AI Denoiser, and say Octane Render's V4 Experimental build's AI Denoiser, can do renders with small s/px or iterations, ie 100 s/px or 10 iterations, such that you can render a scene like this in seconds, not minutes.  I have done it myself, was expecting after the 6 seconds to pop out the denoised image....LOL  

Ok, when Iray for Daz implements the true AI Denoising, you will be in for a treat!  smiley

Thx!

According to the change log http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#private_build_channel DS gained the NVIDIA Iray Deep Learning Denoiser in 4.11.0.65 - since we are still on 4.10.0.123 here it isn't yet available.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    notiusweb said:

Thx!

According to the change log http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#private_build_channel DS gained the NVIDIA Iray Deep Learning Denoiser in 4.11.0.65 - since we are still on 4.10.0.123 here it isn't yet available.

Will special hardware (Nvidia card version) be needed to use the deep learning denoiser when it comes?

barbult said:
    notiusweb said:

Thx!

Will special hardware (Nvidia card version) be needed to use the deep learning denoiser when it comes?

The change log doesn't specify, I haven't tried checking the Iray documentation for hints.

Hi, in Iray 3DS Max, I *believe* all the GPUs we are currently using are supported, meaning AI Denoising is usable on them. 

I myself use Titan X and then Titan X Pascals, and it worked on both, on Win 7 with Direct X 11. 

Now, RTX real-time raytracing, for whatever applications will implement it, will require Volta-class GPU, and Win 10 Direct X 12. 

Here is a Spec page from a 3DS Max Iray vendor, showing the requirements:

https://novedge.com/products/11366/tab/1

Here is the page itself to Try/Buy:

https://www.irayplugins.com/iray-for-3ds-max/features.php

• Even the change log hasn't been updated in months, let alone a public beta release since the last general release.

Is development still being done?

There are updates to the change log, though quote a few of them are fairly unspecific.

• marius_ifmarius_if Posts: 48
    edited June 2018
    notiusweb said:

Remove all bump maps and normal maps - just set them to none - from all the eye's surfaces and render.

Good luck!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • fredmusicfredmusic Posts: 29
    notiusweb said:

Hi, in Iray 3DS Max, I *believe* all the GPUs we are currently using are supported, meaning AI Denoising is usable on them. 

I myself use Titan X and then Titan X Pascals, and it worked on both, on Win 7 with Direct X 11. 

Now, RTX real-time raytracing, for whatever applications will implement it, will require Volta-class GPU, and Win 10 Direct X 12. 

Here is a Spec page from a 3DS Max Iray vendor, showing the requirements:

https://novedge.com/products/11366/tab/1

Here is the page itself to Try/Buy:

https://www.irayplugins.com/iray-for-3ds-max/features.php

The AI denoiser for Iray doesn't need the newest GPU.  At least in the implmentation I'm using it supports Kepler cards and higher.  Supposedly speed up is up to 10x, yes it is very fast.  If I open a bottle of water and take a drink, the preview image on the screen looks pretty good by then.  I'm on the SW Visualize program that added AI denoiser for Iray a few weeks ago.  Very buggy program, but the speed is very good with this feature.

• plng11plng11 Posts: 3

A vague estimation for public beta rollout would be enough. Please communicate with us, DAZ.

• plng11 said:

A vague estimation for public beta rollout would be enough. Please communicate with us, DAZ.

If they had something to communicate I believe they already would have. Any assumption about a longer than usual release cycle would only be that. An assumption.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    edited July 2018
    plng11 said:

If they had something to communicate I believe they already would have. Any assumption about a longer than usual release cycle would only be that. An assumption.

All due respect it is as much of an assumption that they have something to communicate as they have been too dormant for far too long, though I do respect the fact that you don't rely on assumptions (My pet peeve) though any word at this point would be appreciated as they are not known for being this silent (At least for the beta) for this long!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • plng11 said:

All due respect it is as much of an assumption that they have something to communicate as they have been too dormant for far too long, though I do respect the fact that you don't rely on assumptions (My pet peeve) though any word at this point would be appreciated as they are not known for being this silent (At least for the beta) for this long!

Have you checked the Change Log recently? It did go quiet for a bit but it has been getting more updates, including cryptic "Source Maintenance entries, again - and the numbers are marching on.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log

edited July 2018

The update status looks promising. I noticed a lot of mouse stuff (possible issues resolved) in there, and another IRAY update. (Space mouse and cad mouse didn't resolve any issues. The 3D space mouse is just a joystick, so the mouse-issues are moot to that operation. It does make for better navigation, at some points.)

I am getting anxious.

I also noticed that they bumped-up the minimum SDK version, with a lot of depreciated API commands. I do hope that some of this stuff (API), is leaning towards a better GUI setup. Less bloated controlls with more control and less "dynamic controls", which seems to be part of the bugginess. (When you run into pages of controlls.)

I do wish they would remove the item-limit for smart content, being about 1200 items. (Which does not actually display 1200 items in the list. And it also seems to cut short at odd values too, saying 60+ results found, and only showing about 45 in the list, not even the 60, and no way to get to the (+) items, which is isn't showing in a group.)

• JD_Mortal said:
    I also noticed that they bumped-up the minimum SDK version, with a lot of depreciated API commands.

I'm not sure how you are seeing that - the SDK minimum has not changed since DS 4.5, and the geenral assumption is that it won't chnage until there's a DS 5 (though that hasn't been said officially). For now those deprecated functions work, the developers have been very careful to keep compatibility - it will be when the minimum SDK does change that they are likely to be purged.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    plng11 said:

Have you checked the Change Log recently? It did go quiet for a bit but it has been getting more updates, including cryptic "Source Maintenance entries, again - and the numbers are marching on.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log

No, I haven't and thanks so much for once again proving me wrong as I always look forward to it especially when it comes to allaying my fears with a program that is my default for my 3d art hobby! wink Thanks so much for this, as I feel a lot better about the progress being done!

edited July 2018
    JD_Mortal said:
    I also noticed that they bumped-up the minimum SDK version, with a lot of depreciated API commands.

I'm not sure how you are seeing that - the SDK minimum has not changed since DS 4.5, and the geenral assumption is that it won't chnage until there's a DS 5 (though that hasn't been said officially). For now those deprecated functions work, the developers have been very careful to keep compatibility - it will be when the minimum SDK does change that they are likely to be purged.

I just observed what it says in the last few changes, near the bottom. (I didn't realize it was already set to 4.5.0.100 before. My brain was seeing 4.10.0.100 in that statement. Poor wording to keep repeating it over and over, if nothing has changed there.) Oh well, back to waiting and letting my cards collect dust.

That, to me, would have been a good forward move. Seemed hopeful that there would soon be a normal beta release that I could use, so I can use my $3000 paperweight "Titan V's" soon. It has been almost over half a year that I have been waiting for them to release a version that supports my cards. Cards that every other IRAY rendering program has supported for the past six months.

I don't care if it is poor support. As it stands now, they aren't even seen as valid rendering devices, using just the cuda-cores, that IT CAN USE. (Titan-v has cuda-cores and volta-cores, but I can't even select it to use just the cuda-cores.) Like everyone-else with these cards, we are just waiting or moving to other software that supports them. I would much rather stay with DAZ, if possible. I have too much invested, across multiple accounts.

• JD_Mortal said:
    JD_Mortal said:

I just observed what it says in the last few changes, near the bottom. (I didn't realize it was already set to 4.5.0.100 before. My brain was seeing 4.10.0.100 in that statement. Poor wording to keep repeating it over and over, if nothing has changed there.) Oh well, back to waiting and letting my cards collect dust.

That, to me, would have been a good forward move. Seemed hopeful that there would soon be a normal beta release that I could use, so I can use my $3000 paperweight "Titan V's" soon. It has been almost over half a year that I have been waiting for them to release a version that supports my cards. Cards that every other IRAY rendering program has supported for the past six months.

I don't care if it is poor support. As it stands now, they aren't even seen as valid rendering devices, using just the cuda-cores, that IT CAN USE. (Titan-v has cuda-cores and volta-cores, but I can't even select it to use just the cuda-cores.) Like everyone-else with these cards, we are just waiting or moving to other software that supports them. I would much rather stay with DAZ, if possible. I have too much invested, across multiple accounts.

There isn't a connection between SDK version and Iray version - hopefully your card will be supported by the new version of Iray in the next DS update, since there are references to new versions in the changelog