Flash Sale alerts

Comments

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Sort of... Tonight's 'early bird special' is City Ruins 03 at 60% off, for 8 hours.

-- Morgan

Oh hell yeah. Thanks for the heads-up! Only City Ruins I was missing! :-)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

missed the 8 hour window.

i haz 2 'big ticket' items in my wantz/list - Dystopia Modular Command Center, The Wisteria Pool House

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

missed the 8 hour window.

i haz 2 'big ticket' items in my wantz/list - Dystopia Modular Command Center, The Wisteria Pool House

Only the one product was on sale, not the whole catalog.

• drinkingbuddydrinkingbuddy Posts: 350
    edited December 1969

Deviney 70% off limited time:

http://www.daz3d.com/deviney

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

I hesitated just a few minutes too long; put the City Ruins in my cart and it jumped price just as I went to pay for it. Well, I really didn't need it anyway (said the fox).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136
    edited December 1969

New sale

Capture.JPG
    559 x 453 - 63K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

yeah, Ron's Brushes going cheap cheap... now that's a bargain! hehehe

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Be careful however, I noticed they weren't showing ones I'd bought already.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:

No? O_o
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Gedd said:

No? O_o

Yeah, I've noticed that happens from time to time with odd ball sales.

Good news though, have noticed some of the packs now have .png files so we can make our own brushes in PSP :-) thanks Ron!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

barbult said:
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Sort of... Tonight's 'early bird special' is City Ruins 03 at 60% off, for 8 hours.

-- Morgan

How did you find out about that? I haven't seen any ads or newsletter about it.

I wrote a program that emails me if the promos change; it checks twice an hour. :) But that particular one came with the 11pm (midnight, DAZ time) promo switchover.

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Wow, deviney sale is amazing. I now own every single product in that store.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I also stuffed some. :) But I don´t have enough money to buy them all, so there are still many left for next sale.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Didn't miss this one! I spent too long pondering during his last sale that it ended as I was finally adding things to my cart.

edited June 2013

Greetings,

O_o?!

I realized that after this sale, I own 53 of the 76 items in store. (Thanks V6 coupon! That makes me feel better for already having all the freebies!) I even got something for an image I'm working on Right Now, little birdies in the sky behind my character. But I don't think there are any more that I really want...I can't imagine owning ALL of them.

...and I don't own Photoshop. :) The brushes and layers work fine in Pixelmator, and they're working on supporting layer styles.

Ron's stuff used to show up in FastGrab pretty regularly, although it's been rarer since the new store switched over, so this was a great chance to clean up my wishlist.

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
    edited December 1969

I don't own Photoshop either, but you can export them as PNGs using a small app (whose name I can NEVER remember), and use them in any program. I use them very regularly in my B&W comic art. They are amazing (IMO, some of the best brushes available), and have added so much character to my artwork.

I had to buy ten items today to round off the collection, but every time one appeared in FASTGrab, back in the day, I'd get it. Pretty sure I've used just about all of them at least once.

edited December 1969

I don't own Photoshop either, but you can export them as PNGs using a small app (whose name I can NEVER remember), and use them in any program. I use them very regularly in my B&W comic art. They are amazing (IMO, some of the best brushes available), and have added so much character to my artwork.

I had to buy ten items today to round off the collection, but every time one appeared in FASTGrab, back in the day, I'd get it. Pretty sure I've used just about all of them at least once.

I believe the app you're thinking of is abrMate. http://www.texturemate.com/abrMate

edited December 1969

New Early Bird Sale Taylor Hair

Capture.JPG
    499 x 389 - 37K
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

barbult said:

At 60% off, I highly recommend it. It's my go-to short hair, especially with Pyrit hair removed from the store.

If you don't have it, get it... :)

-- Morgan

edited June 2013

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    barbult said:

At 60% off, I highly recommend it. It's my go-to short hair, especially with Pyrit hair removed from the store.

-- Morgan

Is it still worth it if we do have Pyrit (and Zac Hair for that matter)?

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Vaskania said:
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    barbult said:

-- Morgan

Is it still worth it if we do have Pyrit (and Zac Hair for that matter)?That's a more difficult question.

I found Taylor Hair to be a slightly softer look than Pyrit, if that means anything. I've never tried to put Zac hair on a female. It probably works fine, and if my laptop weren't 23 hours (and 14%!) into an EPIC render (in estimated render time, not quality sadly), I'd put the three next to each other and see.

Still, despite owning the other two, I do tend to pick up Taylor hair more often when I want that look. Plus, hey, no bugs. :) (I've never had the Pyrit hair bug bite me, so I'm mainly poking fun.)

If you own Pyrit and don't have issues with it, it's a harder sell, I'll definitely agree. If money's tight (and when isn't it?) then I think Pyrit (and Zac) will do you fine.

-- Morgan

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited June 2013

Vaskania said:
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    barbult said:

-- Morgan

Here is a set of quicky renders using default Daz Studio Pro 4.6 lighting....renders 3 with same male character and pose; 3 same female character and pose. These are with hair out of box....no morph adjustments made. (Textures used were included with hairs.)

Edit: All of these are the Genesis hair versions.

compare-hair2.jpg
    1000 x 781 - 356K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Pixel8ted said:
    Vaskania said:
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    barbult said:

-- Morgan

Here is a set of quicky renders using default Daz Studio Pro 4.6 lighting....renders 3 with same male character and pose; 3 same female character and pose. These are with hair out of box....no morph adjustments made. (Textures used were included with hairs.)

Thanks for taking the time to do this comparison!

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

So the sale is for 8 hours only. When did it start? Was that midnight and if so what time zone? Does it start when the Daz office opens (Mountain Time if I'm not mistaken) or when the offices where the Magento servers are located (Central time from what I can see)?

Is the sale valid as long as the banner is up? I've seen some of the 4 hour flash sales have the banner up for 12 hours or more.

This is my problem with Flash Sales, they give a time limit but I never know when they started or when they're likely to end.

edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    So the sale is for 8 hours only. When did it start? Was that midnight and if so what time zone? Does it start when the Daz office opens (Mountain Time if I'm not mistaken) or when the offices where the Magento servers are located (Central time from what I can see)?

Is the sale valid as long as the banner is up? I've seen some of the 4 hour flash sales have the banner up for 12 hours or more.

This is my problem with Flash Sales, they give a time limit but I never know when they started or when they're likely to end.

The banner for this one went up when I posted the screen shot of the sale banner (midnight Utah time).
    edited June 2013

Thanks for the comparison shots. I decided to pass due to those, as well as me apparently having more short hairstyles than I remembered having. o_O I forgot about PH Bubblegum (and Aldora if you count that one).

Pixel8ted said:
    Vaskania said:
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    barbult said:

-- Morgan

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Earlybird sale is Rons waterline
    http://www.daz3d.com/rons-waterline

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Mindvision 3ds
    60% off store / 30% off new for a limited time
    www.daz3d.com/mindvision-g-d-s-

First Bastian tiered sale
    1 @ 30%
    2@ 40%
    3+ @ 50%
    http://www.daz3d.com/firstbastion

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

what flash sale t'nite? ready to chase the comet tail

nightshiftnightshiftnightshift lol

edited June 2013

Greetings,
    Nah, it's the weekend. Outside of PC members getting the DAZ Original price on a dozen PA's (with a PC $1.99 purchase), I don't think there's anything going on just yet.

[Edit: Huh! You're in luck; Nightshift3d is one of the PA's who are on sale with a $1.99 PC purchase! :) ]

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
This discussion has been closed.