* Closed* RRRR - Error 404 Not Found! Render Contest

Comments

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited May 2018

@ Luci45  
    Woah!  Think that qualifies what you were trying to tell me about “strange and wonderful renders.”    Already noticed you’re very good at expressions, but going to have to copy this one & figure out “how did she do that!”

@ Bohemian3
    Thanks.  Good one about the cat.  Millennium Dog could be singing of his lonely destiny, “Oh solo mea-al...”  Sorry, that was probably really bad.  Best I can do for quick rejoinder.  ; )  

@ Saphirewild
    Thanks.  Since got the idea from you-- figured it polite to ask.  smiley

404: Windows not Found

Blue screen of death, or helpful updates.  “Windows is rebooting in 1 second.  Please close everything & save your work.”  My 72 hour render almost done-- nooo! 

Post edited by Tynkere on
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

thanks bohemian3 for your comments

@saphirewild #2  the dreaded blue screen!  argh!  definitely something that you ll not find... good one!

tower13  is a mortemvetus freebie at renderosity   http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/tower-13/76938

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,028
    edited May 2018

Apartment 404:  The Urban Myth

Finn discovers there is truth to the tales he has heard: Tenants who rent the fourth apartment on the fourth floor mysteriously disappear and are never heard from again.

Gabi for V5
    A Curious Tea: Drink Me
    West Park Day Room
    Finn for Edward 8
    Genesis Evening Gown

Or are they really gone?

Apt404.jpg
    1020 x 574 - 168K
    Post edited by Chohole on

@bohemian3  #2  Ooooh!  Did you notice that this apparition is your post #666  not a good sign for Finn!  well done!

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

Okay, database updated.  Here we go!

7769 Medieval Throne Chamber DAZ
    6020 i13 Trendy Coffee Shop Poses DAZ
    8647 Nimue Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s) DAZ
    2042 Classic Axes DAZ

Well... that is decidedly boring.  Lol.

And, Totte, don't forget to out me down for a $20 GC in the prize pool.  :)

DAZ_3D_34521_Medieval_Throne_Chamber.jpg
    114 x 148 - 18K
    DAZ_3D_34695_i13_Trendy_Coffee_Shop_Poses.jpg
    114 x 148 - 13K
    DAZ_3D_21616_Nimue_Hair_for_Genesis_2_Female(s).jpg
    110 x 143 - 6K
    DAZ_3D_24419_Classic_Axes.jpg
    114 x 148 - 12K
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

Oh -- I meant to ask... Is it okay if we purge our libraries of older items?  I have SOOOOOO much old stuff.  I'd like to just wipe everything before a certain purchase date or something.  I can get almost anything to work in DS, so the "re-pull if it's the wrong platform" thing doesn't throw me.  It's just some of my stuff is REALLY outdated.  Didn't know if that was considered cheating?

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    Karibou said:

Oh -- I meant to ask... Is it okay if we purge our libraries of older items?  I have SOOOOOO much old stuff.  I'd like to just wipe everything before a certain purchase date or something.  I can get almost anything to work in DS, so the "re-pull if it's the wrong platform" thing doesn't throw me.  It's just some of my stuff is REALLY outdated.  Didn't know if that was considered cheating?

I'm 99% sure that's OK, Karibou. This came up before - as long as you purge before you pull the Gods of Random will smile on you. Others have dumped Gen 1, 2 and 3 stuff. I have deleted stuff that I either don't like or isn't amusing in any way. 

Thanks, Totte, Gopherus, bohemian3, Tynkere. Tynkere, I will be glad to share any 'secrets' with you. Most of what I know I've learned from other DAZ users.  

So far, some very inspired RRRR renders! A perfect theme, Totte.

Tynkere #1 One of my favoratie RRRR renders ever! Funny, beautiful render, a lot of detail well organized compositionally, and cool story. 
    Gopherus #01 Hehe, that is awesome!
    bohemian3 This one is a gem!
    Saphirewild #1 I love it! So crazy!
    Saphirewild Tag#2 Good one, Saphirewild! Definitely better things to do than worry about dumb computers. 
    bohemian3 Great use of your pull! Cool ghost effect and POV, and eerie mood!

Pull #2
    The Three Bears
    The Library
    Alt Style Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s)
    Dream Home: Kitchen

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

@Bohemian3
    Heh.  That means PO Box 404 also cursed?  “I never got my refund check!”  Well we mailed it out & post office says tracking number delivered to...   ; )

@Saphirewild
    Tower looks pretty cool.  Artemis X is a dress?  Sci-Fi outfit looks like it could be a lot of fun.  : )  

@Karibou
    Saw your render at forum topic and woah!  Playing this game with ‘wizards’ is like playing with matches.  Am going to get burned, but it’s still fun.  : )

@Luci45
    Thanks.  Didn’t know if polite to ask.  I mean if someone’s spent years perfecting render or surface settings-- maybe they figure “up to you to figure it out!”

Message you?  Don’t want to be overlong, or stray OT.  : )

Tynkere #02

#173 IJ Contemporary Winter Outfit for G3M
    #171 Hoodie Outfit G3M
    #210 Mei Lin 7
    #148 FWSA Edith (Alexandra 8 variant)
    #56 Car, Range Rover (LB)
    #252 PBNG G3F character (LB)

404 not found: Sanity

“Mrs. Chapmann hadn’t moved out.  She’d signed up with Goober-Lift, and had played taxi.  Now she was regretting it.  Her dog was trying to sing opera.  Most everyone in Sulphurous Springs had lost their minds.  If Bernie-- the village idiot-- wanted May-Lee to help him hang upside down like a bat, well...  Bernie had always been ‘Special’ that way.  But Bernie’s girlfriend refusing to pay May-Lee, a grand master of Thai-Cheese?  Trollop would pay for it one way or the other!  And the city librarian suddenly quitting her job, and buying a motorcycle.  Now she was calling herself Ravenna, Mistress of the Road.  Ridiculous.  Might help if she could actually ride a motorcycle.  All she did was sit on the thing, making silly noises like, “Vroom!  Vroom!  Putt-putt-putt-putt...Vroom!”  Mrs. Chapmann suddenly felt it was her Destiny to save the village.  And only one way to find out what was behind this ‘404 Not Found’ crisis. Mrs. Chapmann knew a witch.”

---

Pull #3

#125 Fantasy Tower set
    #330 Vintage Luggage
    #003 1941 Pickup Truck
    #281 Shaved Side Hair G3/G8F
    #117 Explorer’s Den set (LB)
    #282 Short Afro for G3/G8 (LB)

Careful what I wish for... Two new sets to play with-- just not at the same time.  : 0 !

This turned into a long post.  Thanks for reading & hope you enjoy!

--Bruce

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,508
    Karibou said:

Purging is absolutely OK, I've purged everything M3/V3 and older (but sometimes a failed purge slips through, lol)

@Tynkere #1: Multi dimensional multi prop - that's as RRRR it can be, Well done!!
    @Gopherus #1: Poor Psychlops, I really hope he doesn't turn into a Psychlopath while searching for it!
    @bohemian3 #1: Great render and a worthy 404 - really good!
    @Saphirewild #1: A 404 searching for a weapon, happened to Ulfnaar once, not fun at all! Good one!
    @Luci45: #1: You made this look down right fab! So well done on so many levels!
    @Saphirewild #2: A pure 404 then, nice one!
    @bohemian3 #2: You really love this theme, or the theme loves you! Very good one!
    @Tynkere #2: What a great render indeed! And a fun story too!

edited May 2018

Totte #1 

Totte said:

#964 Chicari for V4 (#12434)
    #3452 Lucid Dream for Genesis 3 Female(s) (#23584)
    #904 Celestial Monster Pak (#8901)

Celestial Hair V4,
        Celestial Jewels,
        Celestial Master Pak,
    }
    #3640 Mats for Slide3D Boots (Rendo)
    LB1: #1871 Easy Environments: Oasis (#18343)
    LB2: #1320 DA Dagger/Knife Pose Set (#22203)
    LB3: #4469 Piggy Bank (Rendo)

Also Used:
    Skies of iRadiance
    V4 + Amy Elite + Vanguard Poses
    V7 + FWSA Hannah + Gully Hair + Classic Cance Poses
    IG Iray Lee 6 + Oliver Hair + Dagger Dreams + KWarrior
    Droid
    CCK
    Cyber V4 Iray+ Waiting in Line Poses
    Starship Vampire

Shaders used:
    Subsurfaceworkshop
    Iray Converter for Generation 4
    JG Metal and Gemstones
    PBR Shaders Vol 3
    Daily Cloth Shader

These are not the piggybanks you are looking for!

On the small sandy backwater moon of Chapione, the rebels have hid their collected treasures, the piggybanks of Xandorin. To keep them under 24/7 watch, they are used for martial arts training.

One day a group of Imperial droids came looking for the piggybanks, but the Jedi master Enya Bendi Quitchotte just said "These are not the piggybanks you are looking for", and the droids sent a message back to the base. "404 - piggy banks not found".

droids-404.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 437K
    Post edited by Totte on

Pull #2

#6666 Warden of Winter (#15980)
    #6906 Wyrm World (#13699)
    #2060 Fair and Beautiful for Pure Hair Nightlife (#13643)
    #3710 Medieval_Forge_2 (Rendo or RDNA)
    LB 1: #5512 Somerset Valley (#19042)
    LB 2: #4527 Police! For Security! for Genesis 2 Male(s) (#17724)
    LB #: #6851 World Cruise (#6222)

Random numbers generated May 14 2018 at 20:09:24 by psychicscience.org  
    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

Tynkere said:

@Luci45
    Thanks.  Didn’t know if polite to ask.  I mean if someone’s spent years perfecting render or surface settings-- maybe they figure “up to you to figure it out!”

Message you?  Don’t want to be overlong, or stray OT.  : )

Sure, a message would be fine. Do you know if there is a thread anywhere where we can post stuff and show how we mad the render? If not, it would be a good thing.

thanks totte and luci for your comments

@Tynkere #2  Wow!  that s some story!  the insanity of the mix of characters... good one!

@Totte #1  When will the empire learn not to send droids to a desert planet... the sand gets in all the cracks... good thing they re not too smart... well done!

edited May 2018

tag: luci45 #2
    Searching for Goldilocks
    His family bent on vengence, Baby Bear goes to the Randal Badwolf Memorial Library and Kitchen in the Lands Between to search in vain for Goldilocks. Pinochio and Gollum also learned that you can't find everyting online.

Used:
    The Three Bears
    The Library
    Alt Style Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s)
    Dream Home: Kitchen

Also used:
    Twiglet Wood Spirit
    Glumgurgle HD for Ollie 8
    Uniform Dress for Genesis 3 Female(s)
    Fantasy Woodland Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s)
    HFS Ultimate Shapes for Genesis 8 Female
    Laptop and Table Set
    Woody for Genesis 3 Male
    Nerdy Guy Outfit Textures
    Nerdy Guy Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)
    Short Mohawk Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Male(s)
    DAZ Monstrosities: Skullcrusher Ogre
    Order Up
    Dream Home: Great Room Decor -- Eclectic
    Dream Home: Kitchen Decor -- Eclectic
    Diner Tableware
    Diner Food

Looking fo Goldilocks.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 777K
    Post edited by luci45 on

@luci #2  Wow!  that s a library i d like to go to.... and there is an empty chair.... also i m glad to see that pinnochio is now embracing the truth... or maybe he s just keeping his nose to the grindstone...  Well done!

edited May 2018

Gopherus #02

RW Rafting Fun 
    LBs Potted Palm
    Slaying Dragon Bundle 
    Temple of the Pharaohs 
    Wolf   (LB)
    RT-Napoleonic M4 - Cuirasiers, Carabiniers & Troops  (LB)
    Persian Palace 2    (LB)

In Search of the Lost Cord

Keep holding your pants up, Missy.... 404 Missing Belt Cord... it wasn t at the Persian Palace.... Maybe we ll find it at the Pharoahs Temple!

chord copy.jpg
    1111 x 1389 - 1M
    Post edited by Gopherus on

Thanks,Gopherus. I don't know what Pinnochio is up to, but he is very serious and keeps his nose clean as well as on the grindstone.

Gopherus #02 - I love the pun and the render. Great use of your pull - you really know what to do with those LBs!

thanks luci...

do you know why gollum got kicked out of the library?..... he neglected to turn off the ring tone on his cell phone.... "Sauron's eyes are watching you, they see your every move..."

Gopherus said:

thanks luci...

do you know why gollum got kicked out of the library?..... he neglected to turn off the ring tone on his cell phone.... "Sauron's eyes are watching you, they see your every move..."

laugh

Thanks, Totte and Gopherus.
    Tynkere #02 Looks like a lot of crazy. I hope the witch can help. 
    Totte #1 Awesome! I love the piggy banks 'hiding' in the pond. Good thing the droids aren't too bright either. 

Pull #3
    Victoria 4 Wet Maps
    RDNA Mushroomz SmClusters and Rings 2
    Orestes Iray HDRI Skydomes Vol 4 - Sunset
    Cowboy Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I think everyone is doing an amzing job on their renders so far!!!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited May 2018

Saphirewild Pull #3

328 569 31 585 

Random numbers generated May 11 2018 at 21:46:4 by psychicscience.org  
    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

#328-Lovely Girl

#569-The Lilithai Strigoia Whip

#31-ArtemisX for Genesis

#585-Tower13 (No Link to this one as I think I got it From RDNA) Thanks for the link to the new home for this Tower13 @Gopherus

This one is going to be a hard one I think may take me a couple days to work it out.

Saphirewild Tag #3

404 Not Found Fight To Find Mandy's Crown

Someone had stolen Mandy's crown that her dearly departed father had given her just before he past over. Mandy was not a queen to be messed so with she ordered her soldiers to check the wizards tower from top to bottom. One of the soldiers came out and said "Your crown can not be found your majesty!" Mandy vowed to search every part of her kingdom to find out who stole her crown.

404 Not Found Fight To Find Mandys Crown.jpg
    1500 x 927 - 1M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

@Saphirewild #3  You know some of those crowns are so heavy that they can become a royal pain in the neck... maybe this is one of them.  best to check out the local paupers to see if one is using it to break open nuts.... good one!

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,028

Saphirewild #2 - 404 Not Found (Windows Not Found)
    Ahh... the blue screen of death.  We all know it well, alas!  Fun take on the theme

Tynkere #02 - 404 not found: Sanity
    This is reminiscent of travels in the Mediterranean where there was always plenty of street drama like this.  Who needs TV when there's so much melodrama in the street?

Totte #1 - These are not the piggybanks you are looking for!
    The background elements are hysterical!  The mice(?) complete with crowns and ballat dancers crack me up!

luci45 #2 - Sea - ching for Goldilocks
    What a great idea for a movie, Baby Bear going all gangsta to track down Goldi - Ted meets Desperately Seeking Susan meets Kill Bill

Gopherus #02 - In Search of the Lost Cord
    There are no bit players in your renders, G., each character is fully realized for comic potential.  Great job as always.

Saphirewild #3 - 404 Not Found Fight To Find Mandy's Crown
    Fun time mash-up.  I think Mandy stole it herself to stir the pot and start some excitement - Girls just wanna have fun.

edited May 2018

tag: luci45 #3
    Enlightenment Not Found
    Russell felt lucky to find a ring of the very mushrooms his friend Ben Ravenhead told him would bring him instant enlightenment. He was pleased at the instant levitation and amused by the little people who gathered below. But when he heard the flapping of giant wings and then felt the claws on his shoulders and cool sweet breath on his cheek he began to wonder if something had gone wrong. 

Used:
    Victoria 4 Wet Maps
    RDNA Mushroomz SmClusters and Rings 2
    Orestes Iray HDRI Skydomes Vol 4 - Sunset
    Cowboy Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)

Also used:
    Succubus Add-Ons
    Aether top
    Esidor Hair
    Raw Dwarfology
    LoREZ Horse
    Giselle 6
    Russell HD for Michael 7
    PHYSEK Poses for Michael 7 & Leo 7

mushroom cowboy.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by luci45 on
    edited May 2018

Gopherus #03

Space Dweller M4 
    Full Circle Hooded Cloak 
    Carrie Dress  
    Barbarian Warlord 
    Victorian Winter House  (LB)
    Collective 3d Portrait Vignettes horror 3    (LB)
    Classic Rolled Hair     (LB)

404 Where s Waldo?

"Here I am!  I'm okay!  No worries!"

Sorry, Waldo, we're not looking for you!  We're looking for the little finches lost mama!!

waldo007.jpg
    1111 x 1389 - 962K
    Post edited by Gopherus on

Thanks bohemian3 for your comments

@Luci45 #3  Perhaps this was not the ring he was looking for, and he s about to discover the benefits of being a ring wraith.... I like the pastels in this one, it gives the feel of a fairytale book..  Good one!

Pull #04

Bacon the Toon Dog 
    Bandstand 
    RM Angelica 
    Slicer 
    Fire Dancer Bailarin del Fuego Bundle   (LB)
    Fairytale Collection Knights Keep    (LB)
    Shadow Caster Spell Ribbons  (LB)