Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.10.0.123! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited February 2018

..this is the scene. 

I was trying to fit a different hair (Zac Hair) to the girl on the left.  As an experiment I tried several other Genesis 1 hairs, some brought up the autofit dialogue while others gave me the  "Select which Item to fit to" pane that only listed "None".

I selected both the entire character and when that didn't work the character's head, but both gave the same result.

bus stop Danika rebuild.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 1M
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • I hope we get another Public Beta soon.

I'm itching to see what improvements have been made.

:0/

• paulbungardpaulbungard Posts: 52
    edited March 2018

I want in on the Private Beta. Come on 4.11

Post edited by paulbungard on
  • cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    cm152335 said:
    jtbethel said:

@jason.lin22

I have the exact problem with the cursor/view jumping as you, and it only just happened in the last few weeks.

What I find strange is tho' I had a similar problem at the same time with 7-zip (the compression program)

as soon as you started dragging the mouse (only in window mode) the cursor would jump to the bottom corner of the screen

As far as Daz in concerned, this jumping is happening on two PC's on both the Standard and Beta versions.

I'm putting this problem down to a Windows 10 update

I have 32 meg Ram and 1080 ti but had none of these problems untill a few weeks ago

and have been using Daz since Dinosaurs walked the earth..uh! no that was a render :) Anyhow...a very long time.

@kyoto kid

my BETA - version 4.10.0.123 render window does have a "resume", I actually used it today. This was with Iray render tho

I agree

some mouse effect,,
    - perspective view, click on cude, fast roll to left down view,, mouse jump outside daz window

probably a windows 10 problem
    started 3-4 week before (after windows updates)
    not only in Daz, when clcik rotate the screen turn fast to left edge, the mouse jump, 
    that also happend in other program (like Winrar) when you want to select manualy some files in the list (grag with mouse) 
    the mouse jump to the right down corner and the winrar windows move slider full right!

fresh install in new computer,, - i8700 16gb - Gtx 1060
    i use "same library" with "fresh install" daz and the problem with the mouse is 'NOT EXIST'
    that comfirm, the problem with mouse is not from Daz but due to windows 10 "windows update"

• I want in on the Private Beta. Come on 4.11

I would suspect that a good way to be added to any private beta would be to make good quality bug reports on public versions.

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758
    edited April 2018

Volta support? (Titan V)

I still have two $3,000 paperweights that are ABLE to render, but Daz just won't let them... Because they won't turn on the "I SEE YOU" code for the cards, so they can be selected as a valid rendering source. There is no magic needed to program for them. They use the same cuda-code as all the other cards.

Post edited by JD_Mortal on
    edited April 2018

I would suspect that a good way to be added to any private beta would be to make good quality bug reports on public versions.

Might get more of those, if the bugs actually got addressed, or fixed, instead of letting them compound, so everyone is making the same reports about the same unfixed bugs...

Lets start with the GUI, constantly selecting things you didn't select...

Or the mouse, shooting off into oblivion, every time you try to select and manipulate anything that can be manipulated...

Or the "lets randomly parent these things you didn't select", while just trying to select something...

Or the bug that primitives, which should be all 0 for every translation element, randomly have offsets, rotations, and other non-zero values when created...

Or the bug that the camera-light will not render in "sun and sky only", renderings but it will in "dome only", when set to "ON", not "AUTO"...

Or the bug that hiding groups, will sometimes hide things in the OpenGL fast-view, but it still renders them in the IRAY view and final scene...

Or the bug that previously hidden items will not show, when unhidden, until re-hidden and unhidden, manually, within groups...

Or the bug that some "objects", designed to "hide parts" (like shirts hiding arms), when the clothing is hidden, the arms will not render... (Even though they are set to visible)

Or the bug that Daz constantly "Drops the cards", with multiple cards, rendering with just one card...

Or the bug that causes objects to suddenly start rendering without any smoothing, creating horribly triangulated surfaces to make modles look like they have golf-ball divits all over them. (Triangular divets)...

Or the bug that stops the dformer from being where it should be, changing orientation and location, even though it is locked/parented to specific bones/parts/origins... (The deformer influence is nowhere near the globe that represents the actual influence.)

Or the bug that causes Daz to crash, if you delete the deformer globe after adding weight-node mapping to the control, or before adding weight-node mapping to the control...

Or the bug that importing/merging things into a scene, will destroy the skeleton of anything selected in the scene, with unfixible damage... I call my ailment "Fish-Face", because it usually blows the faces up, looking like some kind of alien fish-face...

Or the bug that some object scripts, including ones made by daz, will randomly bloat and corrupt files with settings that are not even used by the models, just because they exist as a "possible use". But they flip-flop, randomly, on what values they decide to save...

Or the bug (feature), that doz doesn't save the "Render settings advanced", as part of the render settings, for use in rendering prefabs. (Which is kind-of annoying that those critical values have to constantly be manually set per scene.)...

Or the bug (feature), that copying a "POSE" to another object, doesn't include all the actual pose values, just ones that Daz thinks are appropriate... (Ignoring the fact that "SCALE" is not a POSE, but a "SHAPE", and is in the wrong location. And that is annoyingly copied, when trying to set a pose, which then alters the "shape" of everything.)...

Or the bug (feature), where there is no way to see items past 1200+ in any location, because the smart content doesn't display past 1200 (Actually it doesn't even display those.), and there are no "pages", to continue to see the other ones... and no way to actually know how many more, past 1200, there actually are.

Those bugs? Still here since version 3... and getting worse with each release...

:P

P.S. I have a lot longer list than this... These were just recent ones, that I keep running into, fresh off the top of my head. ;)

edited April 2018
    cm152335 said:
    cm152335 said:
    jtbethel said:

@jason.lin22

I have the exact problem with the cursor/view jumping as you, and it only just happened in the last few weeks.

What I find strange is tho' I had a similar problem at the same time with 7-zip (the compression program)

as soon as you started dragging the mouse (only in window mode) the cursor would jump to the bottom corner of the screen

As far as Daz in concerned, this jumping is happening on two PC's on both the Standard and Beta versions.

I have 32 meg Ram and 1080 ti but had none of these problems untill a few weeks ago

and have been using Daz since Dinosaurs walked the earth..uh! no that was a render :) Anyhow...a very long time.

@kyoto kid

my BETA - version 4.10.0.123 render window does have a "resume", I actually used it today. This was with Iray render tho

I agree

some mouse effect,,
    - perspective view, click on cude, fast roll to left down view,, mouse jump outside daz window

not only in Daz, when clcik rotate the screen turn fast to left edge, the mouse jump, 
    that also happend in other program (like Winrar) when you want to select manualy some files in the list (grag with mouse) 
    the mouse jump to the right down corner and the winrar windows move slider full right!

i use "same library" with "fresh install" daz and the problem with the mouse is 'NOT EXIST'
    that comfirm, the problem with mouse is not from Daz but due to windows 10 "windows update"

Because a bug doesn't exist for you, does not make it NOT a bug... That is why it is called a bug. It has been here since before windows 10. You just may not understand what the issue is, or have not done anything taxing enough for it to show, or just randomly have a rare, and better setup or drivers. You are not the majority here. :P 1000+ posts about it, can't be wrong!

It is a Daz, specific, GUI related issue, having to do with the way they "capture the mouse", for input, and it gets interrupted and sling-shots to a fixed origin, where it is "stored" while being "captured".

My system...

i9 7980xe (18-core, 36 threads) CPU
    2x Titan-Xp, 1x Titan-X (older maxwell) {2x Titan V's, waiting for Daz support.}
    850-EVO 4TB SSD SATA and 960-EVO-PRO 2TB SSD mSATA (Boot)
    64GB DDR4 SDRAM
    Windows 10 64-bit / Windows 8.1 64-bit

Happens on both OS's. With all my mice/tablets...
    Intel/Logitec/Razor/Wacom, none are windows mouse drivers, or related to windows drivers updates.

• JD_Mortal said:

Might get more of those, if the bugs actually got addressed, or fixed, instead of letting them compound, so everyone is making the same reports about the same unfixed bugs...

Lets start with the GUI, constantly selecting things you didn't select...

Or the mouse, shooting off into oblivion, every time you try to select and manipulate anything that can be manipulated...

Or the "lets randomly parent these things you didn't select", while just trying to select something...

Or the bug that primitives, which should be all 0 for every translation element, randomly have offsets, rotations, and other non-zero values when created...

Or the bug that the camera-light will not render in "sun and sky only", renderings but it will in "dome only", when set to "ON", not "AUTO"...

Or the bug that hiding groups, will sometimes hide things in the OpenGL fast-view, but it still renders them in the IRAY view and final scene...

Or the bug that previously hidden items will not show, when unhidden, until re-hidden and unhidden, manually, within groups...

Or the bug that some "objects", designed to "hide parts" (like shirts hiding arms), when the clothing is hidden, the arms will not render... (Even though they are set to visible)

Or the bug that Daz constantly "Drops the cards", with multiple cards, rendering with just one card...

Or the bug that causes objects to suddenly start rendering without any smoothing, creating horribly triangulated surfaces to make modles look like they have golf-ball divits all over them. (Triangular divets)...

Or the bug that stops the dformer from being where it should be, changing orientation and location, even though it is locked/parented to specific bones/parts/origins... (The deformer influence is nowhere near the globe that represents the actual influence.)

Or the bug that causes Daz to crash, if you delete the deformer globe after adding weight-node mapping to the control, or before adding weight-node mapping to the control...

Or the bug that importing/merging things into a scene, will destroy the skeleton of anything selected in the scene, with unfixible damage... I call my ailment "Fish-Face", because it usually blows the faces up, looking like some kind of alien fish-face...

Or the bug that some object scripts, including ones made by daz, will randomly bloat and corrupt files with settings that are not even used by the models, just because they exist as a "possible use". But they flip-flop, randomly, on what values they decide to save...

Or the bug (feature), that doz doesn't save the "Render settings advanced", as part of the render settings, for use in rendering prefabs. (Which is kind-of annoying that those critical values have to constantly be manually set per scene.)...

Or the bug (feature), that copying a "POSE" to another object, doesn't include all the actual pose values, just ones that Daz thinks are appropriate... (Ignoring the fact that "SCALE" is not a POSE, but a "SHAPE", and is in the wrong location. And that is annoyingly copied, when trying to set a pose, which then alters the "shape" of everything.)...

Or the bug (feature), where there is no way to see items past 1200+ in any location, because the smart content doesn't display past 1200 (Actually it doesn't even display those.), and there are no "pages", to continue to see the other ones... and no way to actually know how many more, past 1200, there actually are.

Those bugs? Still here since version 3... and getting worse with each release...

:P

P.S. I have a lot longer list than this... These were just recent ones, that I keep running into, fresh off the top of my head. ;)

To be honest I don't understand half of those, but others I don't see so it's hard to say whether theya re DS bugs, system bug, or soemthing else. Some of them, such as the dForm placement, are not bugs at all or, I think, the Sun/Sky affect on the headlamp, are not bugs.

• JD_Mortal said:

Volta support? (Titan V)

I still have two $3,000 paperweights that are ABLE to render, but Daz just won't let them... Because they won't turn on the "I SEE YOU" code for the cards, so they can be selected as a valid rendering source. There is no magic needed to program for them. They use the same cuda-code as all the other cards.

I don't think the release version (or the public beta version) yet has the Iray version that supports the Titan-V; don't forget that they are several revisions behind the current release of Iray.

• JD_Mortal said:
    cm152335 said:
    cm152335 said:
    jtbethel said:

@jason.lin22

@kyoto kid

I agree

some mouse effect,,

Because a bug doesn't exist for you, does not make it NOT a bug... That is why it is called a bug. It has been here since before windows 10. You just may not understand what the issue is, or have not done anything taxing enough for it to show, or just randomly have a rare, and better setup or drivers. You are not the majority here. :P 1000+ posts about it, can't be wrong!

It is a Daz, specific, GUI related issue, having to do with the way they "capture the mouse", for input, and it gets interrupted and sling-shots to a fixed origin, where it is "stored" while being "captured".

My system...

i9 7980xe (18-core, 36 threads) CPU
    2x Titan-Xp, 1x Titan-X (older maxwell) {2x Titan V's, waiting for Daz support.}
    850-EVO 4TB SSD SATA and 960-EVO-PRO 2TB SSD mSATA (Boot)
    64GB DDR4 SDRAM
    Windows 10 64-bit / Windows 8.1 64-bit

Happens on both OS's. With all my mice/tablets...
    Intel/Logitec/Razor/Wacom, none are windows mouse drivers, or related to windows drivers updates.

What about the settings for those pointing devices? I know if I don't set the pointer Speed and Acceleration in the Setpoint software to OS Integration on the Mouse Game Settings page, I get this.

• JD_Mortal said:

Volta support? (Titan V)

Daz Privite Beta has been Updated to NVIDIA Iray 2017.1.4    Last I checked the Nvidia site 2017.1.2 was when Titan V  was supported  so when it comes to Public Beta you should be good

edited April 2018

Is there any way to find-out when the 4.11 will be open for Beta download?

I really want to put these cards to use. Get them transfered to this computer, so I can determine if it is worth buying two more Titan-V cards. (I know it will be worth it. If it actually renders with them.)

It would be a super bonus if it had the new OptiX code in there too. It's made specific, with extras, for Volta series cards now.

• JD_Mortal said:

Is there any way to find-out when the 4.11 will be open for Beta download?

I really want to put these cards to use. Get them transfered to this computer, so I can determine if it is worth buying two more Titan-V cards. (I know it will be worth it. If it actually renders with them.)

It would be a super bonus if it had the new OptiX code in there too. It's made specific, with extras, for Volta series cards now.

Not really, short of seeing it listed as out either here or in DIM, and I suspect the new Optix code will be in there too, though that isn't specifically called out in what I've seen.
  • I have daz 4.10 do I need this beta? 

• I have daz 4.10 do I need this beta? 

Currently they are the same.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited April 2018

There are bugs and then there are ID-10-T issues. To determine if something is a bug do some research to see if anyone else has the same problem. If they do, you might have found a bug. If however you only find one or two complaints about a problem after spending hours searching then the odds are that it's an ID-10-T error. To solve ID-10-T errors you will need to either learn how to maintain your computer regulary or take it to a professional technician once every few months. Regular maintenance includes but is not limited to:

1. Clean your PC. This is very important as dust builds up over time and clogs up fans and heatsinks which raises temperatures. This is a bad thing. You want to use a can of compressed air or if you have access to a compressor, even better.

2. Replace thermal paste every 6 months. Now this one you only do yourself if you know how to remove and place back CPU and GPU heatsinks without breaking anything. If not, rather get a technician to help with this. So, why replace thermal paste? Well, it deteriorates over time and stops being as efficient. Cleaning off the old paste and applying new paste will keep temperatures low which is a good thing.

3. Update your operating system regularly. People don't just say this to be annoying but because a lot of issues can usually be traced back to missing updates.

4. Update your device drivers regularly. Another big cause of software issues is outdated drivers. Regular OS updates will keep most drivers updated as well but some needs manual updating such as GPU and Audio card drivers. So make sure you always have the latest drivers installed.

5. Upgrade your computer at least every 5 years. Yes, it's expensive and yes it's sad that your $2000 rig turned into a $100 brick after 5 years or so but that's the price of progress. If you don't plan for an upgrade every few years you will eventually find that your software has outgrown your hardware. Now you can get away with longer intervals if you bought a cutting edge system but even then it will eventually get outdated to the point where you'll have more problems than solutions.

So as you can see, owning a computer comes with some responsibility. You might not need to feed it regularly but you do still need to look after it. ;)

Post edited by Harry Dresden on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Oh, well when DAZ 3D is using a Visual Studio compiler for well over 5 years ago, I think DAZ Studio bugs have liitle to do with 5 year old computers. thermal paste, Windows 10, and all sorts of other things people blame DAZ Studio bugs on.

• Oh, well when DAZ 3D is using a Visual Studio compiler for well over 5 years ago, I think DAZ Studio bugs have liitle to do with 5 year old computers. thermal paste, Windows 10, and all sorts of other things people blame DAZ Studio bugs on.

This is a guess, not a fact. Daz has not, recently, said which development tools or versions it uses; it is, I think, true that the SDK is set up for the older version of Visual Studio (on Windows) but that doesn't mean Daz is currently using that older version (or that third party developers have to, I think there is discussion of using the SDK with more recent versions of Visual Studio in the SDK forum).

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited April 2018

Oh, well when DAZ 3D is using a Visual Studio compiler for well over 5 years ago, I think DAZ Studio bugs have liitle to do with 5 year old computers. thermal paste, Windows 10, and all sorts of other things people blame DAZ Studio bugs on.

Even if they're using an older compiler, with the addition of iRay and dForce your hardware will be put under a lot of stress. I constantly monitor my hardware when doing renders to find bottlenecks and my GPU usage goes up to 90% and more for the duration of a render. If there's a problem with you cooling under these circumstances bad things will happen. At best your PC will shut down if you're smart enough to enable overheating protection. At worst your GPU will die. The same with running dForce simulations. It puts a lot of stress on your GPU. Then you get software like Marvelous Designer which runs cloth simulation using your CPU. Things get very hot very quickly. So yeah, thermal paste and all that. Also note, I did not say you must run the latest version of Windows. I said make sure to keep your OS updated meaning download the relevant updates that apply to your current OS. I'm still using Windows 8.1 because I like it. But it's got all the latest patches and updates applied.

Post edited by Harry Dresden on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

This is a guess, not a fact. Daz has not, recently, said which development tools or versions it uses; it is, I think, true that the SDK is set up for the older version of Visual Studio (on Windows) but that doesn't mean Daz is currently using that older version (or that third party developers have to, I think there is discussion of using the SDK with more recent versions of Visual Studio in the SDK forum).

It's not a guess I saw that VS 2010 was used last week when DAZ Studio crash dumped.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

DAZ Studio on Windows uses the Visual Studio 2010 compiler (v100); it must in order to maintain ABI compatibility for the duration of the 4.x SDK. The version of the Visual Studio IDE in use at any given time has changed over the years but is current (2017 - 15.6.7).

• There has been no public beta since the launch last December of 4.10.123.

Even the Change log updates in the closed beta haven't been updated in months.

Is there any likelihood of a Public Beta soon?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718

There has been no public beta since the launch last December of 4.10.123.

Even the Change log updates in the closed beta haven't been updated in months.

Is there any likelihood of a Public Beta soon?

Only Daz knows.

• Yeah, which is why I was asking the question :)

No point in them having a Beta posted if they don't update it for a few months. Also why don't they call the Public Beta The Beta Build and get rid of the private beta and make it the Alpha Build? It would make more sense to do it that way so they get more feedback on it.    

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

I'm excited to see what the "polylines" referenced in the change log turns out to be. I'm hoping for dForce hair and animal fur. 

barbult said:

I'm excited to see what the "polylines" referenced in the change log turns out to be. I'm hoping for dForce hair and animal fur. 

I would hope it is for creating hair/fur, wires, grass, carpet and cobwebs... As well as particle-paths and auto-LOD polygons. It is essentially just a formulated spline, with or without volume, as an object.

I forget what the GL and DX version did, but I remember they could also have a clone-shape too. A "profile shape", which contoured along that "path", to create a vectored object. (GTA V used them for the wires and ropes, while GTA IV used just polylines for wires. One could have 3D volume shading, while the other was more like a "always face camera sprite", devoid of tubular shades.)

• No point in them having a Beta posted if they don't update it for a few months. Also why don't they call the Public Beta The Beta Build and get rid of the private beta and make it the Alpha Build? It would make more sense to do it that way so they get more feedback on it.    

Well, even if they made the most recent build listed in the change log ( 4.11.0.108 ) a public beta, I would hope it would be a substantial improvement over the current public build. :0/

The public build is the same build on the release channel right now.  I'll take any new build bugs in all as I don't mind Alphas or Betas