Hex Gallery

Comments

• ProtozoonProtozoon Posts: 550
    edited February 2018

Hi!

I have done all my stuff; Erhu, Violin and Piano in Hexagon. Was thinking to move on but heck, if DzFire makes these in Hex, I can stick to it for a while XD.

Erhu2.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 858K
    Pno.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 861K
    ViolinSide.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 551K
    Post edited by Protozoon on
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    Protozoon said:

Hi!

I have done all my stuff; Erhu, Violin and Piano in Hexagon. Was thinking to move on but heck, if DzFire makes these in Hex, I can stick to it for a while XD.

Thumbs up.
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    wow @Dzfire @kenmo @Protozoon so much nice works (hope i dient leave anyone out) Dzfire love those textures on your android Kenmo you mentioning 3dCoat made me think of tutorial on youtube i improvised with hexagon. Also did the same thing with modo tutorial but was able to model mech in tutorial 98% accurately This is a oldy but i used 3dcoat tut for spaceships a fabrams arms image for shotgun all modeled in hex except for terrain was bryce aiko render and ship renders in carrara composited in photoshop
    12 07 11post01.jpg
    1200 x 1413 - 316K
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

I'm so intimidated right now.

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167

Here's a WIP of a retro "Flash Gordon" style rocketship. I'll probably do the unwrap and UV maps in Blender, texture in PhotoShop. Right now, I'm thinking it will be a static prop, so I won't be rigging anything.

Retro Rocketship.png
    1914 x 1037 - 392K
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited March 2018

Did I hear somebody say "Flash Gordon"?
    That's a nice little cruser.

I'm also a fan of the Flash Gordon style.

Rendered in Carrara:

Post edited by de3an on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

laughyes

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    de3an said:

Did I hear somebody say "Flash Gordon"?
    That's a nice little cruser.

I'm also a fan of the Flash Gordon style.

Rendered in Carrara:

yes

• ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375
    edited March 2018

The ships were modeled in Hexagon. Buildings were modeled in Amapi. Planet modeled in Vue.

Textured and rendered in Vue.

Post edited by ShawnDriscoll on
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited June 2018

Have not posted a render for a while. At the moment I'm just playing with bits and bobs and seeing how they look with DAZ Studio's Iray.

lamps.jpg
    1024 x 788 - 114K
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on

My new concert flute is modeled in Hexagon and uv'd in UVLayout Pro.

02-hd-flute-and-poses-for-genesis-8-daz3d.jpg
    2600 x 1000 - 986K
    03-hd-flute-and-poses-for-genesis-8-daz3d.jpg
    2600 x 1000 - 1M
  • Sky HndxSky Hndx Posts: 142

One of my last major projects rendered in DAZ.  Goya hair from Neftis for one of the figures the other has hair made in Hexagon.  The figures are M4 w/morphs. The face morphs and everything else the room, clothing, props, the whole shebang were made in Hexagon.   The "hologram" and the blade symbol in the oval monitor are my very first attempts at photoshop from years ago.  I finally found a use for them. 

rt1h copy.png
    2000 x 925 - 2M
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

SED10

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
    edited March 2021

Selina said:
    Protozoon said:

Nice work, I hope you can twist the bottom foot as the keys are not aligned correctly. I play the flute and would find this one difficult - here's a correctly aligned flute for you to look at:  image

Selina

Hi! I asked my pro flautist friend some help when modelling and I used this advice: the footjoint rod in the middle of bodyjoint keys (see the link). Your picture shows about 1-3 degree difference to mine. 

https://d1alt1wkdk73qo.cloudfront.net/images/guide/23cd4929a8b34a0bb853dd9ecf756f94/640x960.jpg

Selina said:
    Protozoon said:
    Selina said:

Nice work, I hope you can twist the bottom foot as the keys are not aligned correctly. I play the flute and would find this one difficult - here's a correctly aligned flute for you to look at:  

Selina

This got me thinking and researching a bit. Here is a better view of my prop.

05-hd-flute-and-poses-for-genesis-8-daz3d.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    edited March 2021

Selina said:
    Protozoon said:
    This got me thinking and researching a bit. Here is a better view of my prop.
    Selina said:

I just got my flute out and put it together where I normally have it for comfort and yes - you're right the rod is about in the centre of the keys as you've got and a tad over as I have nice long fingers (I play the piano as well). Sorry to have given you an "Oh No!" moment.

Selinalaugh

Don't worry, I thank you that now it's double checked :)

-P-

edited March 2021

edited April 2018
    Selina said:

@protozoon

Looking at your piano - why are some of the dampers out of alignment towards the bass of the piano? Were they like this in your reference material?

Sorry crying

@Selina. The piano is also made in Hexagon btw.

Ok, the dampers near the crossed support beam are fitted a little closer to the keyboard, just so that they'll fit in. The damper raising stem is attached more to front of the damper and thus in line with others . Another way (on some piano brands, like Yamaha) is to cut those few dampers shorter.

If this is what you meant. 

If you mean the two gaps a hair wider than others they are because the thickness and the end pin positioning of the strings vary along the way from bass to treble.

-P-

Post edited by Protozoon on
  • richmcleanrichmclean Posts: 79
    edited May 2018

Completed modeling "bubbleheaded booby" this weekend.  I first thought I would start in ZBrush but ended up just using Hexagon.  Working on UV mapping now using 3d coat and then I figure I will use substance painter for textures.

NatteringNinny.jpg
    902 x 854 - 517K
    Post edited by richmclean on
  • MaxHancockMaxHancock Posts: 226

Looks good! 

edited May 2018

Thanks Max. 

He is now in color.

NatteringNinnyInColor2.jpg
    737 x 929 - 321K
    Post edited by richmclean on
  • Great piece of modeling Rich, love all the little bits of detail you've included

• MaxHancockMaxHancock Posts: 226

Nice!  You got the textures just right! 

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Completed modeling "bubbleheaded booby" this weekend.  I first thought I would start in ZBrush but ended up just using Hexagon.  Working on UV mapping now using 3d coat and then I figure I will use substance painter for textures.

Extremely great job! You must have had some good reference images. The accuracy is top notch.

You even got the fact that the treads on the robot's outer tracks are a little wider than the inner ones!

Thanks for the comments!  Now I hope to rig and animate him.  I also need to go back and model his soil sampler.

The B9 Robot Builders Club has some excellent reference material.  There site is http://www.b9robotbuildersclub.com

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    wow you guys have been busy, like the cyborgs flute and flash gordon work. well just a lame attempt at a quickie for practice, my pc was down for awhile. model in hex render in carrara 7
    06 12 18.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 132K
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited June 2018

Very nice indeed A3DLover, great lighting :)

It has been a bit busy here lately, hopefully as more Hexers start to get to grips with things they will contibute their images to the gallery.

To save our mod popping in - If you fancy adding an image to the main DAZ Gallery please remember to add "Hexagon" to the list of 'Content/Software Used' and 'Add Category' sections.

I've completely forgotten how to display a large image here, any help :)

Thanks Kitsumo, that did the trick - I wonder what the max size is ?

Long Jump.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 661K
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on