Alicia's Wonderland

Comments

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    Here's one where I added some color theory to this.

I can tell. It looks good.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I like the reworked ones, I should probably go back and redo some of mine...Always more to learn!

• WandererWanderer Posts: 956

Thank you, @Wonderland, for the helpful advice. I started playing with it some last night, plus @IceDragonArt gave me a really good link to check out. I really like what you're doing. Keep it up!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735
    edited March 2018

Thanks everyone! laugh

Here is one of adorable Minto. I posted what I'm writing below in a couple of other threads but figured I should put it in my own as well!

Minto is so cute! I always do at least a few minor tweaks even on characters I love, but with her, the only thing I changed was the the length of her eyelashes. The rest is out of the box (with Photoshop postwork of course.) Such an adorable character!

I was not happy though with the texture for the top, it looks good on some other people's renders but close-up it looked like plaster to me, so I used a different shader and the little LIE design stayed on, but in a different position--I actually tried to move it manually originally to make it higher up, but it left a weird black spot, but adding a different shader, moved the image smaller and up--but I still could not tweak it, it seems it has to be in a certain position that can't be manually changed AFAIK, but you can remove it of course.

Also, I still couldn't get d-Force to work correctly and the sleeve ends were covering her hands, so I removed them... (I haven't really put much effort into learning how to use dForce yet, but I guess I have to since all new products have it now...)

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited April 2018

In honor of the Coachella music festival last weekend. It's funny, I did this image first then later saw this article about fashion at Coachella. I think I was pretty spot on! https://www.cnn.com/style/article/festival-fashion-trends-style/index.html

Did a little hair painting on Wild Wind Hair and got bits and pieces of different outfits and a variety of shaders. Also grunged it up a bit in Photoshop to make it a bit more arty.

COACHELLA GIRL

Coachella-Girl-2018-by-Alicia_Hollinger.jpg
    864 x 1152 - 935K
    Post edited by Wonderland on

Nicely approaches photorealism. I like it. I think you did a nice job capturing the spirit and flavor related in the images of the article linked--and all before seeing it. I tried to think of something critical to offer without nitpicking, and I really cannot. Well done.

Wanderer said:

Nicely approaches photorealism. I like it. I think you did a nice job capturing the spirit and flavor related in the images of the article linked--and all before seeing it. I tried to think of something critical to offer without nitpicking, and I really cannot. Well done.

Thanks laugh

edited April 2018

And now in honor of 420 Day (which is totally legal here in California!)

I created this when Ollie 8 first came out and can't remember all the products and shaders used unfortunately...

The purple and green lighting was done within DS, which came out kind of interesting, and then enhanced with postwork for a more psychedelic look.

420-Reefer-Madness-Alicia_Hollinger.jpg
    864 x 1152 - 1M
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

And now in honor of 420 Day (which is totally legal here in California!)

I created this when Ollie 8 first came out and can't remember all the products and shaders used unfortunately...

The purple and green lighting was done within DS, which came out kind of interesting, and then enhanced with postwork for a more psychedelic look.

Sweeeetcool

Minto is adorable,very nicely done!

And wow you really nailed it with the Coachella Girl.

Looks like Ollie has turned out to be quite versatile!  Love the 60's Phsycadelic look, really well done!

Thanks @Sven Dullah and @IceDragonArtlaugh

edited May 2018

This is the image that I thought was removed from my gallery by a mod when it disappeared but I got an email saying it was a mistake and wasn't supposed to be removed and they put it back up! laugh

This is titled #MeToo which you might recognize if you are on Twitter. It is a statement of solidarity for all the women who are/were sexually harassed in the workplace, especially Hollywood, but I'm sure it happens in all fields. I used to work in the film business, and although I loved my jobs, I worked for two small film companies in a row where the head of the company was my direct boss and they were both extremely abusive and sexual harassing and even let their investors be sexual harassing toward me. One investor got angry at me at a business dinner when our company was in Milan for a film convention because he bought me a rose and wanted me to kiss him after! I asked my boss "Is ths part of my job description?" And he made me apologize to his investor for NOT kissing him! And that is just one story of many... I had to call the police on one of my bosses for physical abuse! Both bosses (years after I left) died before they hit 50. Karma... One in his sleep, probably from a mixture of his epilepsy meds and cocaine, the other I found out shot himself in the head. He had a beautiful wife who he constantly cheated on and two adorable kids. Both were horrible men and the reason I never wanted to work for a boss again and am making art & graphic design my full time career.

So, I better start making a decent living with my art! Personal family problems stopped me just as things were picking up commercially with art, but now I'm ready to start making money and make up all the money spent on content! 

This isn't a final version, but a concept for modern pop art...

#MeToo

IMG_0331.JPG
    899 x 1199 - 314K

First of all, as a man, I'm sorry this happened to you--and so many others. Second, this image is great. I wish you success.

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287
    Wanderer said:

First of all, as a man, I'm sorry this happened to you--and so many others. Second, this image is great. I wish you success.

Ditto.  Good luck with your new career.  I hope you never meet anybody like those people again.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    themidget said:
    Wanderer said:

Ditto.  Good luck with your new career.  I hope you never meet anybody like those people again.

+1

Good Luck with your career getting back on track @Wonderland !!

Thanks @Wanderer, @themidget and@Saphirewild. Real life stuff keeps getting in my way of creating! Stupid real life...

I finally got my "new" fast gaming PC that I purchased during Black Friday sales in November hooked up after several problems (and being a Mac person) but it's not recognizing all my content on my 8TB external hard drive so DIM is installing again. I can't wait to finally try it and not have to wait days for a render! But now, more RL stuff to deal with, aaaaaargh! 

Ugh I'm so sorry!  Glad that you are working on your own art though!

And real life does have a way of getting in the way doesn't it?  I need two of me.  One to do the stuff that has to been done for real life and one of me who can just do art lol.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

I hope rl sorts itsel out real soon. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Love your MeToo and always happy when karma shows up (and not shy about saying it, either.)  The colors are beautiful, the posing exquisite. So nicely done. Hope your commercial ventures pick up speed for you. :) 

Gratz on getting the new system hooked up. Hope all works well for you. (Sorry about the snag.) Hoping you get the real life stuff sorted soon.

Thanks everyone laugh So I finally got DS to open on my new Windows with a 1080ti after over two weeks of being unable to open it at all because of a fatal error message as it was building the interface during launch (no thanks to tech support who didn't even read my logs or look at my screenshots for 18 days, but to forum members!) 

So this Floyd test render is my first with my new computer. The original larger image would have taken probably 10 hours on my other CPU only computers but this rendered in 10 minutes! DS already crashed once though with just one character so I'm still a bit concerned about it still having issues

Floyd "out-of-the-box" with a combo of expressions.

The random crashes have been happening to a lot of us lately.  There is a thread (probably buried by now) where everyone has been putting what was happening when it crashed.  He looks great!

The random crashes have been happening to a lot of us lately.  There is a thread (probably buried by now) where everyone has been putting what was happening when it crashed.  He looks great!

Thanks! I was surprised it crashed with just a simple character. I'm rendering Fern Lake now and so far, so good except my mouse and keyboard start getting unresponsive...

Thanks! I was surprised it crashed with just a simple character. I'm rendering Fern Lake now and so far, so good except my mouse and keyboard start getting unresponsive...

Yes, that's been a common theme, it randomly  crashes when there is very little in the scene sometimes, and many times, its a scene that has rendered just fine before. Very frustrating!

Thanks everyone laugh So I finally got DS to open on my new Windows with a 1080ti after over two weeks of being unable to open it at all because of a fatal error message as it was building the interface during launch (no thanks to tech support who didn't even read my logs or look at my screenshots for 18 days, but to forum members!) 

So this Floyd test render is my first with my new computer. The original larger image would have taken probably 10 hours on my other CPU only computers but this rendered in 10 minutes! DS already crashed once though with just one character so I'm still a bit concerned about it still having issues

Floyd "out-of-the-box" with a combo of expressions.

Fantastic. Please keep posting your stuff!

Thanks @Wanderer

Finally a new post. I was on the fence about the dog, but now glad I got it! 

I know, a grown dog should know better, but maybe he's mad his owner is out partying too much LOL....

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I love the way you have the shoe partially in the mouth, so we can see the big grin from the dog!  I really like your Floyd too. And yep, I'm also a member of the "stupid studio keeps crashing club (sskcc)" but it has slowed down a lot in the past few weeks. No logic behind it either.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

The Floyd render is great. Nice and gritty.  The dog makes me laugh. I got a puppy and am going through this exact phase. Lol

Novica said:

I love the way you have the shoe partially in the mouth, so we can see the big grin from the dog!  I really like your Floyd too. And yep, I'm also a member of the "stupid studio keeps crashing club (sskcc)" but it has slowed down a lot in the past few weeks. No logic behind it either.

Thanks. I bought Super Save a long time ago and keep it in my scripts and use it often!

The Floyd render is great. Nice and gritty.  The dog makes me laugh. I got a puppy and am going through this exact phase. Lol

Luckily my cat just eats paper. He likes paper towels and likes to bite into cardboard or paper leaving teeth marks so I have to keep important documents away from him. If I were still in school, I might actually have a “cat ate my homework” excuse LOL.