Carrara 8.5.0.204 Beta (Update)

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

So. I wonder: is Genesis 2 going to work in 8.5 beta? This is getting beyond my ability to even keep up with the information, much less the figures. Age, I guess.

for sure Genesis 2 will work in 8.5 - get your money ready ;-)

• PjotterPjotter Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

NEW SERIAL PLEASE !!!!

Two more days before it expires.

edited December 1969

Pjotter said:
    NEW SERIAL PLEASE !!!!

Two more days before it expires.

Monday - no one here on Sunday

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

CDZCPRO-085-0016578-NZJ-001-EBTPYSN (Expires 18 July 2013)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106
    edited December 1969

Thank's Boss!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Got it, thanks!

• GrokDDGrokDD Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

One day without Carrara forced me to work in Daz Studio....uuuhg, depressingly limited.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited June 2013

...tried to post this while on the workstation with C8.5 open, but Magento insisted on misdirecting me to my account page whenever I clicked on Submit or Preview. My FF settings are identical to those on the notebook so I don't understand why it keeps behaving this way.

...back on the notebook now.

Finally got around to installing build 204, got the latest Beta SN, and it opens fine. However when I try to register online I get a "404 Not Found" error.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Hey Kyoto, I'm not sure what you mean by "register online". Are you clicking on the DAZ icon to the left of the File menu? I just tried that and entered the new S/N and it said Carrara had to be restarted. I clicked OK, and it restarted, but when I clicked on it again, it still said the Trial version had expired.

I really don't think you need to "register" it while it's still in Beta. I think that's for a Release Candidate, as then it won't be a Beta/Trial version any more.

edited December 1969

...the register on line dialogue pane appeared after I entered and applied the SN.

edited June 2013

Really? Hmmmm, I haven't seen that at all. Then again, I downloaded and installed .204 some time ago, but I can't believe they would add something like that unless it was part of another Beta release.

Post edited by Miss B on
    edited December 1969

...cancelled out of it. The programme appears to work fine otherwise as it's seeing my 4.6 library and the Poser Runtime OK.

edited December 1969

V6 - C8.5 render

1_C_V6.jpg
    1240 x 930 - 322K
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

She really looks great, bigh.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    She really looks great, bigh.

thank you

• tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Im testing with the G2F starter esentials to see whats new compared to G1 for Carrara. I get drag and drop errors for some items like poses. Am I supposed to just 'Add Folder...' for G2 to the Browser? I don't use Studio/CMS, and just unzip G2 into its own folder for use in Carrara's Content tab. Thought I would check here before writing any bug reports.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

First off, you need to be using C8.5, the latest beta.
    Then in the "content" tab of your Browser, you can add your Genesis 2 folder which you unzipped.
    The unzipped content does not need to be in the default "My DAZ 3D Library" location, it can be anywhere on your computer.
    Just make sure you add the folder as "Content" and not as "Poser Runtime"

edited December 1969

Thanks ProPose.

Thats exactly how I had setup G2F, using C8.5 Pro build 204(64 bit) and get the error(s), "An error occurred while executing -.". Was just wondering if I had missed anything like having to run Studio first to have some things working.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520
    edited June 2013

My Setup .....just for my laptop
    No daz Studio
    No cms
    Carrara 8.1
    Carrara 8.5
    and a bunch of support apps which doesn't matter
    Multiple runtimes for Genesis 1, and now
    Multiple runtimes for Genesis 2

I load, pose and or animate V5 along side with V6 without a problem

edit to add

not exactly "runtimes" but rather "content" folders

Post edited by ProPose on
    edited June 2013

Maybe a bad download or my system(Vista HB 64 bit). G2F drag and drop behavior isn't working. G1 is working OK though. I'll redownload and try again, or reinstall 8.5.

Edits to add...

When dragging poses or materials to another part of the scene, are they supposed to show up as an object(name) in the instance list?

Post edited by tbwoq on
    edited December 1969

G2F is still not working on my system. All files and system are up to date.

Issues are:

-Can't drag and drop poses/materials. Error messages.
    -Basic clothes(the ones that are included) won't follow a pose, or I'm missing how to apply them(?). They just stay in default position.
    -'Breasts Flatten' morph slider(s) also affects the eyes.

Genesis one continues to work OK. There seem to be other issues, but I have not worked with the content enough to track them down yet.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Drag and drop works Ok, for me. Although I am not a big fan and rarely "drag and drop". Cloths don't "fit to" automatically. You have to select them then select fit to genesis 2 female.

For poses and materials I always select and double click.

Aside from autofit not working for me on G2, I haven't had any other issues with the figure.

Personally I wish DAZ would give up on trying to find a way to convert/use Studio materials in carrara and just include carrara shaders, or none. What is the point of having carrara be able to load Studio materials if I still have to reset the shader? OK, I'll give you not having to hunt down the texture and bump ;)

Try this; for anyone. Load G2, put on the basic-ware, pose the figure with a G1 pose, try to get the shorts to fit again. I had to delete and reload them. Once I used a G1 pose the fit/position of the shorts morphed to G1. hmm, can't get a repeat now, never mind :D

Post edited by ManStan on
    edited December 1969

I guess that its my OS or system files then, unless others that have Vista 64 bit reply that its working. The 'Breasts Flatten' morph slider(s) I'm almost certain is an issue to report though.

edited December 1969

tbwoq said:
    I guess that its my OS or system files then, unless others that have Vista 64 bit reply that its working. The 'Breasts Flatten' morph slider(s) I'm almost certain is an issue to report though.

agree 'Breasts Flatten' morph slider(s) does screw up the eyes

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    tbwoq said:

agree 'Breasts Flatten' morph slider(s) does screw up the eyes

Well ya, sounds painful ;)

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

So far this is the worst beta of the bunch. It crashes constantly when I try to do anything with genesis content, it's sluggish, and unresponsive the rest of the time. I hope this isn't supposed to be a near finished product.
    And it needs smoothing and collision at the very least.

edited December 1969

Sorry MadBat. It's a drag when things go that way. Some items do crash Carrara immediately when fitting to the new Genesis 2 Female. Aside from some of the Genesis-related stuff... I'm loving build 204. I guess I'll have to try harder in more areas.

ManStan said:
    Drag and drop works Ok, for me. Although I am not a big fan and rarely "drag and drop". Cloths don't "fit to" automatically. You have to select them then select fit to genesis 2 female.

For poses and materials I always select and double click.

Yeah... me too.

ManStan said:
    Personally I wish DAZ would give up on trying to find a way to convert/use Studio materials in carrara and just include carrara shaders, or none. What is the point of having carrara be able to load Studio materials if I still have to reset the shader? OK, I'll give you not having to hunt down the texture and bump ;)
    I like the difference. It's nice to have a very basic base that loads when you first bring in the raw character so you can play with the shapes and such. Then tweak the shaders to the new character and save. It would be nice to include Carrara Shaders for the free Genesis characters with Carrara 8.5 when it comes out. Maybe I'll ask DAZ if they want some to include with it - if Ringo or another hasn't already approached them with this.

Try this; for anyone. Load G2, put on the basic-ware, pose the figure with a G1 pose, try to get the shorts to fit again. I had to delete and reload them. Once I used a G1 pose the fit/position of the shorts morphed to G1. hmm, can't get a repeat now, never mind :DYeah... it does need some work. It seems that they're having some issues with it in DS as well (I think I saw somewhere?) and I have a good feeling that a lot of the issues we're currently seeing will disappear upon the arrival of Carrara 8.5, at least I hope so. No figure works perfectly with everything - but I'm really feeling good about this masterpiece.

I haven't tried making additional morphs onto clothing that has already been auto-fit - nor have I even tried adjusting them yet. Do you happen to have any tips on doing this? Otherwise, I think what I'm going to try - is to add the morphs first, then auto fit - so that they're there afterwards. For example, I had to paint the lower edge of this suit onto her leg in Dogwaffle because the fit didn't make that cuff part big enough. I'd would be really cool if the autofit had some after-fit sliders for adjusting various portions of the fit. But I'll figure it out. Morphing in adjusting capabilities is what drew into Carrara in the first place.

GSACF-a1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 708K
    edited December 1969

Madbat said:
    So far this is the worst beta of the bunch. It crashes constantly when I try to do anything with genesis content, it's sluggish, and unresponsive the rest of the time. I hope this isn't supposed to be a near finished product.
    And it needs smoothing and collision at the very least.

Are you on a mac? If not we must not be using the same build of C8.5, what build are you using?

I'm not having any of those issue. So far I am on my 9th test run using dynamics and G2, then sending to carrara. So far all the screw ups have been on the Studio end. I use genesis in carrara quite a bit,out side of the iffyness of autofit, and weirdness using poses, I haven't had any issues.

More over it has smoothing and collision. But like many of carrara's features, they don't work on DAZ content. Not even a simple "duplicate".

edited December 1969

duplicate works on props, but not on rigged figures. Anything with the word: "model" in the hierarchy doesn't duplicate using "duplicate", but has to be projected using a replicator.
    I've done this - replicate a few figures, then click "Create" in the replicator so that I have full control of placement. These replicas will reflect any changes made to the original. If you try to manipulate the bones of one of the replicas, it won't move on the replicated figure itself - but you'll see its bones move! lol
    I did that with the Celephinoids in this:

A_lurking_Evil_APDPH82d.jpg
    1280 x 1280 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I didn't say anything about figures. I use Jacks stuff a lot because it is modular. But once I have a section of hall set up I can't just duplicate a long hall. I have to save the section, reload, align, reload, align, reload, align........... rather then just clikclickclickclick.

This discussion has been closed.