equinoxx5's Renders and Stuff (formerly: (Re-)Constructing the Old West)

2»

Comments

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

They came out very nice :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Looking Good!! Love watching things come to life.

• equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Not much time to work on it at the moment. Added the trim moulding for the interior doors. Simple, but really makes a difference, I think.

servstation2_wip05.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 745K
    edited December 1969

Made some headway on the windows...

servstation2_wip10.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 420K
    servstation2_wip11.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 723K
    servstation2_wip09.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 461K
    edited December 1969

Taking a little breather from my mid-century service station. The basic structure's there, next it's on to the fixtures. Anyway, here's a bit of fun starring the new Genesis 2 Female (and three Mark I Genesii)...

"The Water's Fine"
    It was an almost-perfect beach day, Trina thought. Warm weather, good friends... well, except maybe for Chad. Thing was, he was generally a good guy in most respects, but from the available evidence, a pretty lousy boyfriend. Trina didn't know why Kristin kept putting up with him... she certainly deserved better, and OMG did you SEE her in that bikini?! Chad apparently hadn't, even though she'd been right beside him all day. Someone needed to have a loooooong talk with that boy. Maybe Trey could talk some sense to him... later. For the moment, the look in his eye as he waded out to join her was front and center in Trina's thoughts. Yeah. Keep coming, Trey. The water's fine.

TheWatersFineFull.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 1M
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

The garage is really looking great

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    The garage is really looking great

Thanks, Joe.

Haven't made much progress this week; heat wave and ancient a/c make for uncomfortable working conditions. I did whip together a banjo sign, based on the one Seb at ModelJunkyard made for his 1:25 scale Texaco station diorama, which, admittedly, was a major inspiration for this little project of mine.

With my work schedule being what it is, I'll probably get back to the station early next week or so.

banjosign01.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 163K
    edited July 2013

The follow-up to "Just ASK Her Already!"

"Toldja."
    "Attaboy, E. See? I TOLD him he just needed to get out of his own head and ask--"
    "Hush, Josh. This isn't the time."

Toldja_full.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by equinoxx5 on
    edited December 1969

Still tinkering with my service station, nothing much new to show. But my growing teenage repertory keeps coming back and whacking me with the inspiration stick...

"One of THOSE Couples..."
    Yeah, Conni and Josh were totally one of THOSE couples, ready and willing to put on a PDA anytime, anywhere. Even in the Morrow twins' hot tub. Karyn was apparently okay with it, but it sure seemed to bother Kelsi for some reason. Amanda got a giggle out of it -- and a little blush, as well, though with her complexion, it was hard to tell if it was from embarrassment, or the water temperature. As for Ethan, well, with Josh as a best friend since before they could walk, he was more than used to it, and so found better places to direct his attention...

OoTC_full.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 1M
    edited December 1969

"The Tease"
    "Are you NUTS?" Kelsi hissed, when she noticed what her twin was up to across the room.
    "Oh, unclench, Grandma," Karyn replied, holding her phone at arm's length. "Jamie's been away all summer, and I just want to remind him what he's missing."
    "And why was it necessary to take off your top for this reminder?"
    "Just a little tease," Karyn explained. "It's artistic. I'm not really showing anything... but the suggestion that I might be is actually hotter than if I were. Relax, Kels. I know what I'm doing," she added, thumbing the capture button.
    "Yeah," Kelsi muttered, unconvinced, "and there's no WAY this could possibly come back to bi-- HEY! Am I IN that picture? In my UNDERWEAR?!"
    "Huh. How about that. I hadn't noticed you there."
    "KARYN!"
    "On the plus side, you look pretty cute."
    "Ugh... remind me again why I didn't strangle you in the womb?"
    "Your hands were too small. Duh."

TheTease_full.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 726K
    edited December 1969

2 cool 2 b 4got10...

...or something like that. It's been a LOOOONG time since I was in high school. Anyway, these are pretty much the core players in my teen repertory...

ClassPicture_full2.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    edited December 2015

So... two years and change since my last post in this thread. Uh... sorry about that. I'll try to do better. Anyway... I've done a few things in the interval, but I'm not going to try to catch it all up here. Let's just carry on, shall we?

"Don't Look Now..."

"Better make it look good, fellas," Josh whispered. "Seems we've got an audience."

"They know we can see them, right?" Ethan hissed in reply. "I mean, the room is literally lined with mirrors!"

"I don't think they care, Eth," Josh huffed. "Don't think they care."

Audience.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 606K
    Post edited by equinoxx5 on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Nice work...I hadn't seen this thread before but you have some great renders.