Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

That's pretty cool.

BTW you can now upload the larger size images on the site. Autoresizing is working.

However we haven't yet worked out how people who use IE can view the larger size. In Firefox and I believe also Chrome it;s right click and vie wimage, but that seems to be disabled in IE.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Thanks Cho, appreciate it, regarding the auto-resizing is there a maximum size that can be posted, for instance the render just uploaded was originally 1680x1050.
    Thanks again :-)

edited December 1969

It would appear to be only the kb size that is important. We played around with some, but I think they were smaller. Only way to really find out is to experiment.

So lets try. THis is 1600 x 900

Down_by_the_riverside_wide.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 459K
    edited December 1969

Yeah, that worked.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    edited December 1969

That's a pretty image. Very peaceful.

edited December 1969

So what is the kb size we can go up to?

And Frank, do I get a prize for snagging this ;)

daz-frank.PNG
    157 x 164 - 4K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    edited December 1969

Nice. I didn't even notice that. I'm not sure about the kb size. It says 9999KB on the upload box. I'm sure that's gotta be wrong though.

edited December 1969

That's a very good point I think we need to put that on the list of questions for Monday, Frank.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited December 1969

Very nice render, Pam. The waterfall looks particularly well. Question: do you use Gamma Correction when rendering?

edited December 1969

Gamma what ? That is a straight render, no premium settings, from my dear old Bryce 5. It may be old and creaky, like me, but heck it still works.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Gamma what ? That is a straight render, no premium settings, from my dear old Bryce 5. It may be old and creaky, like me, but heck it still works.

No premium effect. Bryce 5.0 has it enabled by default. See screenshot, made from Bryce 5.01. We were not happy it is enabled by default and has no controls. It tends to equal-out contrast. On the other hand, if you go for a dreamy look, it can help.

gc.jpg
    310 x 866 - 50K
    edited December 1969

consider me reprimanded, I know that is there, and don't bother changing it very often.

When I get a chance to play I shall have to see what difference it makes in that scene.

Admittedly a lot of my landscapes are meant to be soft and dreamy. I'm meant to be soft and dreammy, but since I started wielding the moderator club I have to find my inner hard core. :coolsmirk:

spirit_of_the_mountains.jpg
    576 x 768 - 407K
    survivors.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 356K
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Excellent images!
    Here's my latest.
    Ruined Temple by DAZ.
    Flower by Lisa's Botanicals.
    The ghost is part of the Ruined Temple model by with an additive texture.
    Scene and camera are surrounded by a large cube with a Volumetric mist texture.
    Illuminate by the sun, a single spot over the flower, Use Sky IBL and TA.

haunted.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 258K
    edited December 1969

Nice renders, Pam, really; poses are excellent. Dan, great render, too. Ghost looks ghostly.

edited December 1969

I agree that ghost is great, as is the render.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

The eagle one is very cool!

Jay
    PS. I use IE and had no problems with uploading of images - that was, after trying several variations of code using the image tags etc., until I discovered that they weren't necessary anymore - much better, really. There is, however, a problem in previewing the images (that is, after one clicks the 'Preview Post' button) as they don't show up. Don't know if that is still the case, though?

edited June 2012

Once you add an image, and click the preview button, than you can't see the image, but what you do get is an empty box, so you can then add anotherr image. If I remeber correctly you can add up to 5 images to ome post, but need to use the review button between each image.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    consider me reprimanded, I know that is there, and don't bother changing it very often.

When I get a chance to play I shall have to see what difference it makes in that scene.

Admittedly a lot of my landscapes are meant to be soft and dreamy. I'm meant to be soft and dreammy, but since I started wielding the moderator club I have to find my inner hard core. :coolsmirk:

Loving both these, lovely work :)

edited December 1969

Excellent images!
    Here's my latest.
    Ruined Temple by DAZ.
    Flower by Lisa's Botanicals.
    The ghost is part of the Ruined Temple model by with an additive texture.
    Scene and camera are surrounded by a large cube with a Volumetric mist texture.
    Illuminate by the sun, a single spot over the flower, Use Sky IBL and TA.

Awesome render :)

• cris333cris333 Posts: 107
    edited July 2012

Anno_1404_wallpaper.jpg
    1600 x 1142 - 1M
    Lost-in-Horizont.jpg
    1000 x 562 - 330K
    Beowulf-for-Bryce-by-cris333.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 1M
    Post edited by cris333 on
    edited December 1969

The mountains on the first picture are amazingly amazing!

edited December 1969

Awesome renders, cris :)

edited December 1969

Thank you Horo and IanzThingz :)
    For the 3rd image i used "Elefont" a great free application which can save texts as .dxf and i highly recommend that because Bryce can't create 3D text .There is a way using terrain editor and use a pic photo but its not so accurate or takes to much time.
    "Elefont" can save .dxf texts even in your font types from the Windows folder such as Tahoma, charlemagne, comics fonts...etc
    For you IanzThingz i highly recommend "Spiralizer" another free 3D application which can create and save 3D Fractals as .dxf,most spirals, good for your abstract renders :).
    If you didn't knew about these 2 awesome applications , try to google them for a free download.I think these are posted on ShareCG too.If you can't find and need them ler me know so i will post them somewhere if the copyrights notice allows me to share it or redistribute.

edited December 1969

No need to google Elefont and Spiralizer. Just go to my website > Raytracing > Tools and you've got the link. There are some links to other worthwhile tools as well.

edited December 1969

cris333 said:
    Thank you Horo and IanzThingz :)
    For the 3rd image i used "Elefont" a great free application which can save texts as .dxf and i highly recommend that because Bryce can't create 3D text .There is a way using terrain editor and use a pic photo but its not so accurate or takes to much time.
    "Elefont" can save .dxf texts even in your font types from the Windows folder such as Tahoma, charlemagne, comics fonts...etc
    For you IanzThingz i highly recommend "Spiralizer" another free 3D application which can create and save 3D Fractals as .dxf,most spirals, good for your abstract renders :).
    If you didn't knew about these 2 awesome applications , try to google them for a free download.I think these are posted on ShareCG too.If you can't find and need them ler me know so i will post them somewhere if the copyrights notice allows me to share it or redistribute.

Didn't know about those two, I'll go hunting, to do 3D text, I've been working through Peter Sharpe's tutorial and creating a 512x512 bmp image and using it in terrain editor on a symmetrical lattice. Found a lot of his tutorials at archive.org ;)

Cheers for the tips :coolcheese:

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    No need to google Elefont and Spiralizer. Just go to my website > Raytracing > Tools and you've got the link. There are some links to other worthwhile tools as well.

Thanks so much, Horo :)

edited July 2012

Thank you very much Horo.I didn't visited your website till now :o
    Great collection and awesome work, thank you for collecting all these and your time, i really needed and want the city generator and i will play with the vegetation aplications too.I bookmarked the main page on my google chrome.
    First i was dissapointed about downloadings lol... but ive found that the links are in the pics not in the titles :).
    Thank you again Horo and good luck Ianz.
    Oh and Ianz if you need new cool fonts for that, there are lots of websites with free fonts on the web, i think 1 good and popular website with +10000 fonts free , is abstractfonts.com

Post edited by cris333 on
    edited July 2012

You're most welcome, cris333. That page is already a bit long on the tooth but it has its uses still. There is another city generator, some forumite posted the link to his free program. I had helped a bit for the French to English translation but somehow can't find the link anymore (burried in the old forium). If I do, I'll post it.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

cris333 said:
    Thank you very much Horo.I didn't visited your website till now :o
    Great collection and awesome work, thank you for collecting all these and your time, i really needed and want the city generator and i will play with the vegetation aplications too.I bookmarked the main page on my google chrome.
    First i was dissapointed about downloadings lol... but ive found that the links are in the pics not in the titles :).
    Thank you again Horo and good luck Ianz.
    Oh and Ianz if you need new cool fonts for that, there are lots of websites with free fonts on the web, i think 1 good and popular website with +10000 fonts free , is abstractfonts.com

cheers, cris, fonts not a problem here ;) Been on on the web a long time ;)

edited July 2012

Thought maybe we could do with some eye candy for the ladies.

Where ever he hangs his hat is home, she says, tongue firmly in cheek. :coolsmirk:

hillbilly_shack_try.jpg
    675 x 900 - 287K
    Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.