Art of the Promo

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,310

It's probably a survival imperative to notice a zombie horde approaching,  so there yah go Instant zombies by KA.  The promos hit that well established aesthetic.

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,228
    edited January 2018

It's probably a survival imperative to notice a zombie horde approaching,  so there yah go Instant zombies by KA.  The promos hit that well established aesthetic.

Yay! Thanks FB. smiley I'm not too up to speed on zombies, so i tried to draw inspiration from british zombie flicks. Like so...

28 1.jpg
    640 x 428 - 77K
    28 2.jpg
    232 x 217 - 6K
    28 3.jpg
    960 x 517 - 57K
    Post edited by KindredArts on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I really enjoy this image for Saiyaness's new character Uchenna

Beautiful character and such a great promo image! :)

edited January 2018

Vinnuth Kriegor Battle Mega Armor by BadKittehCo has the perfect compliment for the Orc Horde approaching.  And this Elite promo is violent and organic and just plain baddAST

Elite-vinnuthkreigor.jpg
    685 x 960 - 72K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • That is awesome

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

Which product has that promo?  I want to point my WoW orc Horde friends to see.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

It's for Connie's Vinnuth Armour for the orc, but the pic isn't in the store promos. It's by BlackTalon Arts.  

Ostadan said:

Which product has that promo?  I want to point my WoW orc Horde friends to see.

The new dForce Trees and Leaves have a bunch of new promos including both an artistic and functional one that really shows the product in action. 

The limo, the grass,  the autumn leaves, and the home mesh into a near perfect picturesque setting.

But this little gem showing the functionality of the leaves in physical collision is delivering on usefulness.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

agreed, those were really convincing... noo, I really don't need another tree... (tries to sit on credit card)

edited March 2022

Sahel's stunningly perfect natural smile in all its simplicity and realism by bluejaunte.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

agreed, that is the best smile I've seen so far

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

yeah the smile is awesome shame about the bleached teeth.

edited March 2022

Alexandra mature character

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

I like the look of Alexandra very much and yes this is a great promo for her.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I love that promo of Alexandra 8! She looks so elegant and regal. Looks like something straight out of a high-end fashion magazine. Very cool!

edited March 2022

There are promos that occassionally grab you by the scruff of the neck and make you pay attention just with their artistry.  Today's offering Minami by Rarestone does just that.  Snapshots of moments,  captured, easily ripped from the pages of fashion magazine. 

• TheMonkTheMonk Posts: 43
    edited February 2018

There are promos that occassionally grab you by the scruff of the neck and make you pay attention just with their artistry.  Today's offering Minami by Rarestone does just that.  Snapshots of moments,  captured, easily ripped from the pages of fashion magazine. 

Yeah theya re great images and I want to make apurchase onteh basis of them lol.

Incidentally, two of my fav of late have also caused instant purchases on two fairly recent figures.

Both are such simple protraits, that spoke to my love of portraiture, and led me to purchase both (Viv is one of my top figures atm, I love her. Lexy I have not used in anger yet due to a backlog of renders and working on my own figure.)

Post edited by TheMonk on
    edited March 2022

I some how missed this image,  but doing a search through some Daz Originals to take advantage of the springtime coupon,  I saw this classic Kraken takedown of a tall ship by Valandar.  Very cool.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417

I some how missed this image,  but doing a search through some Daz Originals to take advantage of the springtime coupon,  I saw this classic Kraken takedown of a tall ship by Valandar.  Very cool.

And most people seem to not notice the Herdbeast in the Kraken's tentacles, near the front spar... :P

• I did... :)  It's expression cracked me up when I first saw it, though I did wonder what it was doing on the ship to begin with.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

If you look closely at all of Valandar's promor images, you will note that the herdbeast shows up in almost all of them.  The poor beastie always in danger of his life.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118

If you look closely at all of Valandar's promor images, you will note that the herdbeast shows up in almost all of them.  The poor beastie always in danger of his life.

What! I must go looking through the Valandar store promo images now!

edited March 2022

I absolutely love the free for all madness of this bike racing shot for the Fat Bike Poses set by FeralFey.  I always have a soft spot for multi figure setups but throw in some miindless mayhem and a collections of unique poses  and BAM  there you go,  Saturday sport special on your screen.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

i was laughing my head off at the two guys in the back right when i saw this in store! Absolutely brilliant!! 

I absolutely love the free for all madness of this bike racing shot for the Fat Bike Poses set by FeralFey.  I always have a soft spot for multi figure setups but throw in some miindless mayhem and a collections of unique poses  and BAM  there you go,  Saturday sport special on your screen.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    edited March 2018

This pix for Brunhild for Genesis 8 Female is creating quite the buzz.  This promo is amazing.

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
    edited March 2022

There's a Mark Frost promo today for Darkedge's Military jeep.  It is artwork of this caliber that is exactly the reason to have a thread like this.  Exquisite lighting. 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

That is wonderful art. Tells a story and also draws the interest of the viewer :) Somehow I don't think that kitten going to be satisfied with a rub on his chin :)

New Ollie releases today  and this Josh Crockett promo focusing on a Glumgurgle cave running little guy with giant spider is cinematically inspired.

• New Ollie releases today  and this Josh Crockett promo focusing on a Glumgurgle cave running little guy with giant spider is cinematically inspired.

Thanks, did a few versions of that shot. 

I actually preferred this version, but I did it after my promos were already uploaded.

foggy cave.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 344K

Since I like getting out into nature every chance I get,  Oreste Graphic new Grove HDRI give just the right, early spring after the snow melts,  hope of summer to come visuals.