Black Is Beautiful II

Comments

• continuing in tryin to create "light skin" ebony models heart

Kasia.jpg
    1613 x 1078 - 969K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

With Darius 8 out now, I hope to see some renders of him here! Get to rendering people! lol

I plan on getting him soon, sadly the Black Friday sales tapped me out for a while, so I'll have to wait a bit on Darius. 

Here's a cutie pinup girl while we wait for some Darius renders. lol

• She is cute, I'm still rendering Monique too. lol Here's Laverne

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,810
    edited November 2017

"les Moniques encore une fois". In order from left to right: Monique 8, Monique 7, Laverne, Monique 6, Alondra.

Click for further information about what's in the scene. Also, I have opinions about ... some things.

Les Moniques encore une fois

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    edited December 2017

Baby 

BABY.png
    935 x 882 - 731K
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on

Baby 

Awwwwwww *overies explode* lol Cute render! Nicely done, ALLIEKATBLUE!

• @divamakeup, you crazy girl

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861
    edited December 2017

I guess this qualfies. I was looking up black skin types and found one called "Heavenly Honey". I'll go with that!

Who is this girl though? I have no idea.

mysterygirl.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 180K
    Post edited by bluejaunte on

I guess this qualfies. I was looking up black skin types and found one called "Heavenly Honey". I'll go with that!

Whoa! Looks like a photograph to me. :)

• vwrangler said:

Saw this video in a friend's Twitter feed, and thought it might be useful here. (Among other things, it let me know that I was thinking of specularity in a slightly different way than the camera was necessarily seeing it.) (Also, Twitter is the easiest place to see the video, as the MIC site makes it difficult to pop it out to see in isolation from all the other stuff on the page.)

HBO's Insecure has mastered the cinematographic art of properly lighting black faces.

@Knittingmommy, that's a really nice image. I am curious about what's happening about halfway down the centaur body, though; the stripes completely fade out and you've got a hard geometric circle that's partially visible. Is that the texture, or is something else happening?

Thank, @Vwrangler.  I'm pretty sure that's a result of the gobo lighting I used.  It had green circles of light everywhere which gave a nice effect for the image.  Most of them had a nice blend into the figure and the background, but it hit at just the right angle on that centaur coat to get an edge of sharpness in that one spot.  I think because there was more surface area, perhaps?  

That was an interesting video.  I had already started figuring some of that out with my own experiments.  It's nice to know I'm heading the right direction.

Karuki said:
    vwrangler said:

Saw this video in a friend's Twitter feed, and thought it might be useful here. (Among other things, it let me know that I was thinking of specularity in a slightly different way than the camera was necessarily seeing it.) (Also, Twitter is the easiest place to see the video, as the MIC site makes it difficult to pop it out to see in isolation from all the other stuff on the page.)

HBO's Insecure has mastered the cinematographic art of properly lighting black faces.

@Knittingmommy, that's a really nice image. I am curious about what's happening about halfway down the centaur body, though; the stripes completely fade out and you've got a hard geometric circle that's partially visible. Is that the texture, or is something else happening?

I always find it very strange when people struggle with dark skin. I really, really love dark skin and I think so many people are afraid to have it look... well dark. Black is skin is like a diamond, light it right and it will dazzle, sparkle and reflect beautifully. You have to embrace it.

@Karuki  I love the look of black skin.  I do think it's beautful when done right.  Unfortunately, I don't always manage to light it well.  When I first started out, I just tried lighting dark skin with the exact same lights as all other skin which didn't exactly look good.  I'm getting better at it, though.  I think what she said in the video was interesting because I'm just now learning that about darker skin and actually playing up on that in my renders.  I never realized that until recently.  I'm learning how to reflect the light more on my darker characters.  I wish I had seen that video or someone had told me that earlier.  It would have saved a lot of terrible renders.

Turning up the reflectivity of the skin really helps too, 

Who is she?? :O GORGEOUS!!

• This is lovely. Who is this character?

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    edited December 2017

Taking a break from buying stuff.  Decided to look through my library a see what was there.  Forgot I had RC Surayah.  Here's her converted skin on a G8 character I made with assorted morphs.

Nania.png
    935 x 882 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

This is lovely. Who is this character?

I can neither confirm nor deny that she may be a character to be released in the future. ;)

Here's one more (warning nudity): https://bluejauntepa.deviantart.com/art/Mystery-girl-nude-718771233

• This is lovely. Who is this character?

I can neither confirm nor deny that she may be a character to be released in the future. ;)

Here's one more (warning nudity): https://bluejauntepa.deviantart.com/art/Mystery-girl-nude-718771233

This girl is everything, Hope to see her very soon

• I finally managed to get everything I needed to make my male lead for my visual novel. He's a blend of Darius 7 and 8 on a G3 base. He's gone down really well on Instagram! 

IMG_7122.JPG
    831 x 958 - 123K
  • Karuki said:

I finally managed to get everything I needed to make my male lead for my visual novel. He's a blend of Darius 7 and 8 on a G3 base. He's gone down really well on Instagram! 

Wow, I'd date that guy, #darkchocolateguy

• Karuki said:

I finally managed to get everything I needed to make my male lead for my visual novel. He's a blend of Darius 7 and 8 on a G3 base. He's gone down really well on Instagram! 

Wow, I'd date that guy, #darkchocolateguy

Thank you hehe me too ;)

A combination of testing both Uchenna and a couple of items with dForce, which is why things look a touch off with some of the clothing.

Click here to see "Woman with pearl earrings" larger and with explanation at deviantArt.

Uchenna, Rovescio, RDNA Veil

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753

I haven't posted in a while and really need to render more but have a question: Does anyone know if I've missed anything in the list? Don't need to comb through it, just asking if someone notices anything obvious.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited March 2018

Octane render of Darsel

Darsel03.jpg
    1067 x 1941 - 2M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,471

• A simple test portrait. Shaped her face, added a few more elements and hit.

Simple portrait - Edit 1.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,489

RecieCup used to have a character called Alea. It seems to have disappeared from the internet. Like, it would be easier to find a copy of Victoria 1 than Alea. But it was a pretty character, and did seem to resemble Aaliyah. I think it was a tribute to the singer, whose picture is in the background of the promo image. Maybe that was why it had to go. But it was a good character.

Alea.jpg
    887 x 898 - 87K
  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

One of my own characters I have been working on 

• MescalinoMescalino Posts: 428
    edited April 2018

I also posted this one in "show us your renders". But im so pleased with this one i will show it here s well:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Featuring the excellent Justus for Darius 8. Magical glyphs are from the "Arcane Circles 2" PS brushes by redheadstock at deviantArt.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

You all should cross post these in the iRay render thread & the friends of Michael thread.