What is Bryce Lighting?

What is Bryce Lighting?  Also is it true that Bryce will not work on the latest Mac Book Pros?

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,117

Miss Bad Wolf - Lightning is the network rendering client for Bryce. If you have at least two computers connected in a home network, you can use them to render a scene. No need to install Bryce on all computers, just install Lightning on all. If this interests you, I have a PDF on my website https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/Lightning.pdf that should get you going. Not that it is complicated but there are a few things to be aware of.

• What is Bryce Lighting?  Also is it true that Bryce will not work on the latest Mac Book Pros?

Bryce will not work properly on the latest macbook pros. I have recently purchased an old macbook pro running snow leopard to run this application

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700

What is Bryce Lighting?  Also is it true that Bryce will not work on the latest Mac Book Pros?

Bryce will not work properly on the latest macbook pros. I have recently purchased an old macbook pro running snow leopard to run this application

I might be getting a mac book pro soon as in a few months. That is if I can do this online school.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It does say on the sales page in the store  

Bryce 7 Pro is not currently compatible with MacOS 10.7 and above. Please do not use it with these platforms. Bryce WILL work with 10.6.
  • What is Bryce Lighting?  Also is it true that Bryce will not work on the latest Mac Book Pros?

I might be getting a mac book pro soon as in a few months. That is if I can do this online school.

If you want to run snow leopard and Bryce make sure you get a macbook pro that will do this I think the one i bought was a 2006 model

• Thank you Horo for the PDF. All of my computers will be running the Windows OS; most likely Windows 10. Bryce 7.1 Pro runs great on Windows 10, so I think Bryce Lightning will too.

I may need instructions on how to build my home network, but I think I can find that through Google or YouTube.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,981

And  " how about Wins 11  ??   + Thanx

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited December 2023

Mage 13X13 said:

Thank you Horo for the PDF. All of my computers will be running the Windows OS; most likely Windows 10. Bryce 7.1 Pro runs great on Windows 10, so I think Bryce Lightning will too.

I may need instructions on how to build my home network, but I think I can find that through Google or YouTube.

Did you mean to post in this ancient thread, or the one you were using yesterday?: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/663726/bryce-lightning#latest ?

Post edited by MelanieL on