How Many Pages in Your Product Library?

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    Ivy said:
    Cybersox said:
    Ivy said:
    3 page of 100 product view @ renderosity

??? I can't get my Rendo account to display the product library in anything other than 50 item pages.  And there are 801 pages of those.  :/  :/

I was going to show you a screen shot how to see it. but my account & all my purchase ID# numbers and info is in the way of the screen shot... but I am using Firefox or chorme it shows for me this way.

sign into rendo, go to yuor account  On the top of your account product list  click the item list tab option .. this should give you the details of all your purchased products for download.  it gives me 2 options to view 50 pages of products or 100 . :)

Okay, that's really weird.  I use Firefox and have Chrome, but none of my personal information has been displayed on my Item List page since they did their last major site upgrade a few years ago.  In fact, the only way that info will even appear is if I intentionally hit the little face icon and go to my actual account pages.  I'm running WIndows 7 Business on one of my computers and WIndows 7 Ultimate on the other, so maybe it's a software issue.  

Whatevs, it's a nuisance but it's not as though it's particularly on topic. ;P   

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

It's weird how much better this thread makes me feel.

• BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856

Wow, I'm still a 26 pound weakling, and here I thought I had a lot. 

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,093

Me too. I have 40 pages and thought I needed an intervention for turning into a DAZaholic. X_X

• MarkMMarkM Posts: 27

Mine is 15 , so I don't feel to bad ( I thought I was out of control ) . By the way whats the oldest item in your Library ? Mine is an eye texture pack for V1 way back in 2000 .

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Same here. LOL

Laurie

• I was going to say "TOO DANG MANY!!!"...lol

But after seeing some of these answers, I feel better about my life when I say...

:)

• And very few at Rendo and Content paradise.  So maybe 120 in all.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    sapat said:

I have 229 pages.  I think I have a problem, but the first step is admitting it, right? cheeky

My problem is 43% bigger than yours.

I would think that would be at least partially dependent on how much one pays on average per item... there are, at least theoretically, folks who pay full list price for most of what they buy, so someone who did that could have invested a lot more money than someone who has four times as many items but only buys PC+ items on sale.  

True, I once roughly calculated what I'd paid for each item in average, and it was some $4-5. But I think that people who pay full price are professionals with a deadline purchasing whatever they need at any time for their projects, without hoarding. If money wasn't a problem I'd probably do the same, though - like I do now - I'd also purchase any "must have" items I'd come across because you never know when they disappear. Just yesterday I was close to purchasing for $30 more than I did, for the same reason. An exception is Daz Originals which I usually save for later as they rarely disappear from the store unless they're too old to be interesting anyway.

Though, on the flip side, that's probably offset a good bit by the number of products that I've ended up effectively buying twice by purchasing them first singly and then getting a bundle later that contained the same item, and I've missed out on a lot of the freebies and uber-discount deals in recent years by having bought them already in the past. 

Same here. I think someone said that if you buy a bundle and already have some of the items you can get a refund for those you own, but I've never tried. It can also be too much with all those refund requests, you got to draw a line somewhere to stay within what's reasonable. If the bundle is already heavily discounted I'm fine with having some of the items already.

???  I think that's only if you buy the bundle within a month of buying the same item. 

AFAIR they had done it and it was long after the 30 days, that's why I took note of it. But could be I misunderstood the whole thing. Will see if I can find the post.

• nicstt said:

Never look; never, ever, look!

Is that like "Never ever feed them after midnight"?
    Ivy said:
    Cybersox said:
    Ivy said:

??? I can't get my Rendo account to display the product library in anything other than 50 item pages.  And there are 801 pages of those.  :/  :/

I was going to show you a screen shot how to see it. but my account & all my purchase ID# numbers and info is in the way of the screen shot... but I am using Firefox or chorme it shows for me this way.

sign into rendo, go to yuor account  On the top of your account product list  click the item list tab option .. this should give you the details of all your purchased products for download.  it gives me 2 options to view 50 pages of products or 100 . :)

I've never seen that and I've worked a lot with these pages (written an app that collects the data). Just checked in both Chrome and Firefox, nothing. Maybe it's adaptive and only shows on certain devices or screen resolutions?

Taoz said:
    Ivy said:
    Cybersox said:
    Ivy said:

I've never seen that and I've worked a lot with these pages (written an app that collects the data). Just checked in both Chrome and Firefox, nothing. Maybe it's adaptive and only shows on certain devices or screen resolutions?

Wait, 50 pages of products? Don't you mean 50 products per page? Here's what I see:

rendo_item_list.jpg
    227 x 70 - 4K
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited March 2018
    Taoz said:
    Taoz said:
    Ivy said:
    Cybersox said:
    Ivy said:

Wait, 50 pages of products? Don't you mean 50 products per page? Here's what I see:

Yes thats it thats it click item list for details

Edit:  I could have sworn rendo had a view count options but i guess i was wrong

Capture.JPG
    1348 x 816 - 111K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited March 2018
    Taoz said:
    Taoz said:
    Ivy said:
    Cybersox said:
    Ivy said:

Ha!  At least I beat you on that one!  Oh... wait... that's bad, isn't it? :( 

#122 - My Items I Renderosity.jpg
    269 x 82 - 3K
    Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

I sell to fund my habit.. 232 pages.. so when I say I'm a customer too, I ain't lyin laugh

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

21 pages here not counting what I get in other stores

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,529

163 pages plus Rendo plus RDNA plus Content Paradise plus a few other stores, then there are the freebies .......

Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Taoz said:
    Ivy said:
    Cybersox said:
    Ivy said:

Ha!  At least I beat you on that one!  Oh... wait... that's bad, isn't it? :( 

Depends on how you look at it I guess. I try to focus on having a lot of nice content rather than what it has cost me, that feels better. No point in feeling bad about something you can't do anything about anyway (other than stop, maybe, which I've done a lot of times). wink

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

I look at it this way

I still have my 3D content 

food, drink etc all goes to waist at best

Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    sapat said:

I have 229 pages.  I think I have a problem, but the first step is admitting it, right? cheeky

My problem is 43% bigger than yours.

I would think that would be at least partially dependent on how much one pays on average per item... there are, at least theoretically, folks who pay full list price for most of what they buy, so someone who did that could have invested a lot more money than someone who has four times as many items but only buys PC+ items on sale.  

True, I once roughly calculated what I'd paid for each item in average, and it was some $4-5. But I think that people who pay full price are professionals with a deadline purchasing whatever they need at any time for their projects, without hoarding. If money wasn't a problem I'd probably do the same, though - like I do now - I'd also purchase any "must have" items I'd come across because you never know when they disappear. Just yesterday I was close to purchasing for $30 more than I did, for the same reason. An exception is Daz Originals which I usually save for later as they rarely disappear from the store unless they're too old to be interesting anyway.

Though, on the flip side, that's probably offset a good bit by the number of products that I've ended up effectively buying twice by purchasing them first singly and then getting a bundle later that contained the same item, and I've missed out on a lot of the freebies and uber-discount deals in recent years by having bought them already in the past. 

Same here. I think someone said that if you buy a bundle and already have some of the items you can get a refund for those you own, but I've never tried. It can also be too much with all those refund requests, you got to draw a line somewhere to stay within what's reasonable. If the bundle is already heavily discounted I'm fine with having some of the items already.

???  I think that's only if you buy the bundle within a month of buying the same item.  If that IS true then it would greatly affect the way I buy bundles, but how would you even work out the math given that most of the items within a bundle don't have the same base price? 

It's the post from Charlie Judge in this thread here I was thinking of (I think). I guess I must have misread what he said, it does sound as if it was within the 30 days though he doesn't say it directly.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1336991/

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

Just 81 pages here.  Not bad for a year and a month...

I grabbed a LOT of stuff during March-April-May last year thanks to the insane discount stacking, even when I 'missed' some stacking opportunities the deals were still very sweet.  Of course, a lot of that was older stuff, but I'm not a 'bleeding edge' guy.  My Genesis 8 library is usable now, but only because of last year's deals on the previous bundles for the previous characters getting me to pull the trigger.

To be honest, I've been more focused on Rendo the last couple of months,   I like a number of things they do over there ('cash back' reward points, telling you when sales end, occasional wishlist sales - makes wishlists more useful), but of course I still shop here too.  Around 270+ paid items from over there, not counting the freebies (those aren't showing in my product list).  Mainly because they have some things there that aren't here, hence why I'm finally shopping there too.

Not sure how many ShareCG items I have...

I have over 3000 items in my Daz product library (not quite 3100 - check the 'only show owned' option on the main shop page to see your item count).  And over 600 items in my wishlist...

So yeah, based on some of the totals in this thread, I'm in the 'low-low mid' part of the pack, some of you guys have a LOT OF STUFF!

• RasberriRasberri Posts: 265

Wow, I don't feel so bad that I have spent a lot here this past year - I have 8 pages :)

• twitch99twitch99 Posts: 81

This thread does make me feel better, "only" 67 pages since 2013!!

For the last year or two, I rarely buy any item unless the discount is 50% or more.  Only way to afford this hobby.

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    Cybersox said:
    Cbird said:

183 pages

Given that most of this is for use in Carrara, it would be nice if Daz would spend even a fraction of it on Carrara. I'm sur I'm not the only one.

Well, there are 279 designated Carrarra items in the store and a little over 28,000 items in the store total so... 1/100 IS technically a fraction.  

Cybersox said:
    Cbird said:

183 pages

Given that most of this is for use in Carrara, it would be nice if Daz would spend even a fraction of it on Carrara. I'm sur I'm not the only one.

Well, there are 279 designated Carrarra items in the store and a little over 28,000 items in the store total so... 1/100 IS technically a fraction.  

Actually, many, many DS products work in Carrara. At one point there was even deliberate compatibility. Daz sold us an 8.5 upgrade specifically for Genesis. My point is I'm a Carrara user first. My purchases are ones I intend to use in that program. A program Daz owns and sells.

• RasberriRasberri Posts: 265
    MarkM said:

Mine is 15 , so I don't feel to bad ( I thought I was out of control ) . By the way whats the oldest item in your Library ? Mine is an eye texture pack for V1 way back in 2000 .

2008 - Aiko 3 and DAZ Studio 2.3  but it shows a picture or 1.0 - wow you can still download that -

Capture.PNG
    664 x 489 - 320K
  • SempieSempie Posts: 651
    edited March 2018

Entered the Poser/DAZ community somewhere around 2002.

52 pages here, including the stuff from RDNA that merged into DAZ3D.

Some DAZ items that I aquired through 3D magazine cover disks, like Mike & Vicky 5.

101 items at Rosity, so I just opened my third page there.

Pretty much everything Poser World did that was included on their DVD-collections, when they were still a subscription site.

Various stuff in small amounts from other stores like 3DCommune, PoserPros, Art Collaborations, Baumgarten, 3DMost, RDNA, PhilC, 9MBI, Content Paradise, Mankahoo, HiveWire, PoserDirect, Studio Maya, Xurge, CGBytes, Pret-a-3D.

Some non-DAZ stuff I got from cover disks, like the Dina V.-charakter.

I'm at a tight budget, so I usually restrict myself on sales, and never invested much in the Genesis generations, or in iRay, as a predominant Poser-user without a fancy graphics card. (I'm currently mostly catching up on old Mike and Vicky 4 stuff)

First thing I ever got here at DAZ3D was Victoria 1.0 Reduced Resolution, that was the freebie of the week, May 17th, 2002. (Still use her for background charakters.) Joined the Platinum Club at the beginning of 2004, which is when I started being a paying customer here.

And there's of course all the freebies I downloaded since 2002, including from websites that have long time disappeared .

Post edited by Sempie on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183
    th3Digit said:

I look at it this way

I still have my 3D content 

food, drink etc all goes to waist at best

Yeah, but I've still got that, too.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

The oldest thing in my account history under my current screen name is Victoria clothing pack 1 for Victoria 1 which I bought on July 6, 2000. I'm going to assume that's since the place has been called Daz3d, but I don't remember really. I would have bought Victoria 1 herself which is not in my account history and was for sure sold while this place was still called Zygote. There are many things that aren't in my account list at all because I had a different screen name then ;).

Laurie

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    Noah LGP said:

37 pages in 6 months (35 in 2017 and 2 in 2018)

Now 47 pages in 9 months.