Nice sales - but what about folks who bought those pro packs already.

Hmm, I'm a litte annoyed by recent sales. It's of course a nice thing for folks who are not invested in G3 yet to get pro and starter packs for a few dollars. But why does DAZ not throw in some extra discounts on the new releases for people who already own those packs? Seems that I have to pass.

Good thing that Maddelirium just came out with his second G3F figure on the other store. Very good skin and a steal for anybody with a prime subscription.

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Regardless of the industry, people have always paid a premium to be among the first to own something... I'm just glad I already have most of the items in the bundle, as there is no temptation to buy something to get the great deal. (Dodged a financial bullet there. lol)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I'd go for the current sale if there was the same offer but on a different 7 series; now admitedly I have Victoria 7, but she is not my favourite of the 7 releases; if that is the case, surely she isn't the favourite of those that haven't also bought into G3, and more options would perhaps benefit Daz more, and may satisfy customer's needs?

Victoria is iconic, but this is mainly due to Victoria 4; next year when Victoria 8 may appear, I will wait - this is in part due to my preferring (at least) three of the later releases.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I've not bought any of the later ones; bought the first 6 pro bundles, and still haven't been impressed enough with G3 Male to buy one of those; Ivan 7 was a close call though, the decission not to was partly financial.

... My least favourite of the 7s was V7.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited July 2016

I also have been passing because I already own all of those base characters and/or bundles on offer . Personally I'd prefer a DO discount, so I could choose something I don't already own. It could still be Genesis 3 only, if that's what the store is trying to encourage. 

ETA the fixed price bundle offers are also less of a deal for PC+ members than non, but I expect DAZ have their own target market in mind. 

Post edited by Redz on
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,983

When I saw that thought woo but when it was a pro pack I already had from a previous elcheapo I passed as well woulda been nice for it to be a different pro pack..

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

The pro pack for $12 is nice, I guess, but I can understand if someone gets frustrated based on the sales of the past 2 days. Here's what might have happened:

Day 1: Get the Victoria 7 base character for $4! (Hey, what a great sale, let's grab it!)
    Day 2: Get the Victoria 7 starter pack for $8! (Err, I already have the base pack from yesterday, but what the heck...)
    Day 3: Get the Victoria 7 pro pack for $12! (Even more errrrr, as I have the base model AND the starter pack... Okay, *I* don't, but someone might. :))

So if someone follows along the sales, they pay $24 for the pro pack altogether. Plus buy new releases each day. Or I guess you could ask for a refund on the base pack and the starter pack, plus all the new releases you got with them... but ...

The good news is, you can't get a bigger pack then the pro. Okay, they might throw in another pro pack along V7 tomorrow, who knows... :)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,350

Yep. Just buy the pro pack and then ask for a refund for the base and stater packs.  Since they were just the 'trigger' and you didn't get any additional discount on them, you don't even need to ask for a refund on the new releases unless you don't want them. I did that awhile back when millenium dragon 3 pro went on sale and I had just bought the starter pack.

It does seem like that type of progressive better bargains would make an extra burden on sales support.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,309

I agree that it is curious that there has been a number of V7/M7 offers recently, when I assume a lot of the frequent buyers will have those already. It is a downer on any new sales pitch when you discover that you already own the item being given away/offered at a large discount.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,892
    edited July 2016

Post edited by Chohole on
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I've not invested in G3 yet as I've too many characters I've built on G2 along with different morph packs for a wide variety of different things and I don't have the genx yet to transfer it all to G3

So it would be nice to get G2 pro sales like we have for G3 where we could get G2 pros for a few dollars :)

So it would be nice to get G2 pro sales like we have for G3 where we could get G2 pros for a few dollars :)

Not a few dollars, but there is a sale now where several G2 pro packs are 72% off, plus another 15% off with a new release.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

I think maybe they are trying to woo Poser only users to come back. The recent $4.00 deals on RDNA products would lure them into the store then ridiculously cheap G3 bundles to get them to try DS. The marketing ploy worked on me in March and may well bring in more Poser users. I have been following Daz's marketing tactics, they are mostly brilliant...

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,508

Got to admit, I laughed too much at that sad trombone pic.   :)    If they sold the Rune 7 Pro bundle for $1 with the purchase of a PC+ item, people would complain about it not being the Ivan bundle.

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606

Hmm, I'm a litte annoyed by recent sales. It's of course a nice thing for folks who are not invested in G3 yet to get pro and starter packs for a few dollars. But why does DAZ not throw in some extra discounts on the new releases for people who already own those packs? Seems that I have to pass.

Good thing that Maddelirium just came out with his second G3F figure on the other store. Very good skin and a steal for anybody with a prime subscription.

Just thought the same even if I did not post anything about it...

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    Ati said:

Not a few dollars, but there is a sale now where several G2 pro packs are 72% off, plus another 15% off with a new release.

Not for me :( all the pro packs I have in my cart for watching prices are all at full price :(

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Got to admit, I laughed too much at that sad trombone pic.   :)    If they sold the Rune 7 Pro bundle for $1 with the purchase of a PC+ item, people would complain about it not being the Ivan bundle.

LOL... so true!

Ati said:

Which sale is that? Link please. smiley

L'Adair said:
    Ati said:

They are mostly int his one: http://www.daz3d.com/welcome-to-the-jungle Maybe all of them are.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    Ati said:
    L'Adair said:
    Ati said:

They are mostly int his one: http://www.daz3d.com/welcome-to-the-jungle Maybe all of them are.

And even more cheaper with PC+ coupons :)