SereneNight's Sci-fi Fun

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited March 2018

Lol you guys have me figured out. That was indeed the goal in the next scene. I tried doing it in this one but the towels wouldn’t dforce and the sponge didn’t squish and I ran out of time. I have to look for cleaning stuff in my runtime and make a pose for Owen since I don’t have any good ones, and I have to look into what sort of washcloths and rags I can find.

Boyd is waterproof and he has a forcefield which deflects stuff but he is a scout model and  gets dirty just by flying around and too close to the ground. He requires maintenance daily to take care of all his needs and make sure he’s shined and running smoothly.. Many do it themselves but Owen is the perfect partner in that regard as he believes in doing all Boyd’s maintenance himself as his grandfather taught him to take good care of all his tools and equipment. 

Boyd if he was completely honest really likes Owen maintaining  him. It is the physical equipment of spa treatment and he likes looking good and plus it gives him time off duty to talk to Owen.  Many robot brains are somewhat envious of the degree of good maintenance Boyd receives. 

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited March 2018

Boyd gets a bath! As promised!

soap1.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 3M
  • Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

Owen looks so intent on making sure he gives Boyd a thorough cleaning. smiley

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

Owen and Boyd have quite an audience. Another great image for thier story.

I suspect Owen is getting ribbed and giving as good as he gets right back to the other guys in the shower.

“Hey Kelly, why don’t you do my back next?” 

To which Owen would say, “I would have to be able to SEE your back Ed, holy @#$&**, you got more back hair than Jeff Goldblum in the fly,”

Owen’s kindness towards Boyd though is something Boyd always remembers and to which he repays later. wink

i tried various ways of putting bubbles in Boyd. I originally tried these flat props of bubbles applied dforce and tried to melt them around Boyd but they didn’t curve and sort If drizzled off. I then tried the bubble body suits but they looked like weird clear cloth with white bits. I’d love a geoshell shader of some sort.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

It's an amazing picture Serene! I love it, the story in it and the care the two have for eachother 

Aww. Thanks. =-)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love the droid cleaning image.  Very well done!

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

Love that scene, Serene.  Made me grin.  Well done!

Love the droid cleaning image.  Very well done!

Heh! Yes Thanks!

Love that scene, Serene.  Made me grin.  Well done!

Hehee, and Gieuseppe the cute guy in the front on the right!

edited March 2018

Boyd gets a taste of beard boss. I really like the shape of the beards. I only wish for more thin and long sideburns. I had to stick with my old ones, because the ones in the pack weren't what I'm looking for. I like the modern less chunky looking ones that accent the cheekbones.

For some reason lately, I've been running into poses that are designed with a body part sticking below the ground, or above. With feet pointing below ground, or outward, butts hovering higher than the legs. It makes posing characters awkward especially when there are more than two points of contact with the ground. It is less of an issue with standing positions, but this is one weak area with daz studio. Not being able to make sure bodyparts properly align on the ground.

beard-boss.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 3M
    beach.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 3M
  • I really like that second one. the posing is very natural. And your lighting is gorgeous.

Thanks. I liked the poses which came with Victoria 7, by DM. They were workout poses. I like anything that breaks the monotony of the male model poses or standing poses. Poses with props will usually get my money!

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

I really like that second one. the posing is very natural. And your lighting is gorgeous.

Second that!

Thanks for the feedback. I uploaded that one to the gallery! =-)

edited March 2018

This is a pose by Zeddicus from the Art of hugging set I just bought. I thought it was super cute- I did alter Owen's arm on the left because the pose clipped his shirt.

I wanted to give the imrpession that Owen was not actually there, and that it was all a dream. Originally I thought of putting a dreaming image of happier times in the background, but it was rather distracting. So then I settled for making Owen transparent. That worked a bit better, but.... Then Boyd's arms looked sort of dorky.

I'm interested in this concept and will try again soon.

dreaming.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 3M
    edited March 2018

This is the result of messing around with filters in photoshop. I wanted to try to emulate a more cartoony style with this Boyd.

boydfinal1.jpg
    1056 x 1300 - 698K

I got a wocket in my pocket-wanna see?

LOL-I like that cartoony style, Serene.  Very well done. Interesting on the 'dream' scene as well, I do hope you re-visit it.

I also agree with the poses, sometimes the best ones are in unexpected places and not for the original generation/gender.  

Yeah. I buy poses of all generations and genders. Many of the older ones still have a lot of life in them even if the fingers aren’t as well articulated. This pose was a generation 3 female undress pose.

Im always looking for poses where the character is doing something. I have so many “just standing there” or posing poses that there are only so many conceivable ways I can use them in a storytelling image.

edited March 2018

Pure campy vintage pinup fun. Not realistic by any means. But when I saw this set sold elsewhere I knew I had to have it just for the guys and to genderbend the poses. Normally Boyd would be doing this, but I decided to put Boyd in his robotic body instead.

wecanfly.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M

lol-that's awesome, Serene

Hey thanks Darwin. I confess to really liking those old timey pinups. I do have to genderbend them though.

edited March 2018

Here is another toon male. I think I'm going to have to work on cartoonizing the shape of the body even more. The weights are a freebie by direworks.

fin-1.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 816K
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

The tire swing pic is awesome, I love it!  Nice that Boyd goes along, lol

Yes, Boyd and Owen are having a great time there.. =-)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

The one on the bench is phenomenal.  And the dreamer one for some reason really struck a chord, I do hope that you revisit that was well.

The tire swing is just fun.

Heh. Glad you like it. I do confess to liking the swing pose and prop. When I saw that in rendo I had to buy it. I’m a fan of vintage pinups.

I really like the one of Boyd on the red bench! I'm not as fond of the tire swing image, because the rope looks like a thin ponytail. Other than that minor detail, I do think it is clever scene, though. You sure make good use of your content. Every scene with the guys has interesting detail items and locations.

The rope and tire came as one piece in that pinup set in rendo. You could probably expand it but it seems about right for a tire swing I’ve swung on swing so with kinda narrow ropes made of nylon skinnier than that.

The rope and tire came as one piece in that pinup set in rendo. You could probably expand it but it seems about right for a tire swing I’ve swung on swing so with kinda narrow ropes made of nylon skinnier than that.

I was commenting on the position of the rope in relation to Owen's head. When I first saw the image, I thought Owen had a ponytail hairdo. Then I realized it was the rope end flying behind him (or at least that is what I think it is now). If it were me, I'd just get rid of that rope end. Why would a tire swing have a rope trailing out like that anyway. Those were my thoughts.

This discussion has been closed.