General Freebie Requests

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

That hasn't been available for some considerable time. Sorry.

• Lum VLum V Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

I'm looking for something rather unusual. It is an old AD&D monster called a "Bulette". I've Googled around for any renderings of this creature and found several modeled by at least two different artists mentioned, but none that could be downloaded. Does anyone know of any that can be shared freely? Here are some of the renderings I found as well as the original drawing of it from the old Monster Manual.

Thanks,

Lum V

images_(1).jpg
    240 x 160 - 12K
    images.jpg
    259 x 194 - 8K
    bulette-model.jpg
    960 x 746 - 84K
    fedc20e859a6d7474288cbbb4a657603-d2yt270.jpg
    720 x 486 - 320K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited June 2012

Could do a search on DinoRaul here and at Rendo. Probably doesn't have anything identical to that, but there may be something similar. He does some very interesting Dinosaurs and monsters.

They won't be free though.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited June 2012

Not all of those are not renders. The first picture is an actual miniature from D&D Miniatures set (I have repainted that one couple of times myself to less metallic).

At one point WotC switched over from traditionally sculpted figures to CAD sculpted miniatures (this happened mmm... I want to say 2008 or so), along with other changes that dealt a bad blow to their miniature quality. Second picture is a concept art (IIRC) of a miniature from that set, just rendered instead of cast to plastic. It is pretty close to the one I own.

Third picture, though, looks like fan-made.

You can see most (but not all) miniatures WotC made behind this link.

First bulette.
    Second bulette.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the links, when I Googled 'Bulette 3d" it brought up the red rendering by someone in Spain who put a Youtube clip of the model spinning around so you could see all sides, but there was no link and I'm not sure what software he used to render it. I'm writing a fantasy novel that I'm thinking of illustrating using Studio 4 and I'd love to have a Bulette, as it is one of the monsters in my book. If I could, I'd even try to make my own model, but my skill level doesn't extend beyond editing textures. The Bulette has to be one of the neatest monsters Gary Gygax ever created. The story goes that he used to go into dime stores in the late 1970s and early 1980s looking at the cheap 'dinosaur' toys that were sold there. Somewhere overseas they made some generic dinosaur types, figuring American kids wouldn't know or care what they looked like, and one of these crazy little figures was one that he turned into the Bulette. He even added an inside joke of a mention of the Bulette as a "landshark' which was a SNL skit from the 70s. I remember seeing one of these little plastic toys in a set of dinosaur toys when I was a little kid. Another one he found was used as the basis for the 'Rust Monster'.

Here are several of them used by Gygax.

fakedinos.jpg
    528 x 335 - 107K
    edited December 1969

Yup, classic monsters all right. (I've played D&D a decent while and I have pretty epic miniature collection.) I can think of several solutions to "how to make your own bulette", but the easiest version is definitely breaking copyrights and/or rights of the original artist.

Try to contact the creator of the red bulette and ask him directly if he would let you use it -- it says '3ds max, ZBrush' for it.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Axtually, Ant Farm has a model of a Land Shark...

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/land-shark/

Not free however.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

Lum V said:
    I'm writing a fantasy novel that I'm thinking of illustrating using Studio 4 and I'd love to have a Bulette, as it is one of the monsters in my book.

The Bullette is an orignal D&D monster, not an established fantasy or mythological beast. As such using it, or something that is identifiably the same concept, in anything other than a licensed D&D novel is asking for trouble. I'd rally strongly advise replacing it with something substantially different that will play the same role in your story.

edited December 1969

Lum V said:
    I'm writing a fantasy novel that I'm thinking of illustrating using Studio 4 and I'd love to have a Bulette, as it is one of the monsters in my book.

The Bullette is an orignal D&D monster, not an established fantasy or mythological beast. As such using it, or something that is identifiably the same concept, in anything other than a licensed D&D novel is asking for trouble. I'd rally strongly advise replacing it with something substantially different that will play the same role in your story.

Thanks for your advice, I had already considered that, and may submit the novel to Wizards of the Coast first. It could be easily changed to some sort of prehistoric / Dragon hybrid as I'm not referring to it as a Bulette in my book. I'm not even sure if I want to try to sell the novel or just put it on-line free for everyone to read.

I'm also dipping my feet in Hexagon 2.5 to see if I can learn enough to try to construct a model of my book's monster -- either Bulette or something else.

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just checking, InjectPMD is not available for DS4 or...?
    Is there any way to use PDM morphs in DS4?

Cheers! Oom

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Just checking, InjectPMD is not available for DS4 or...?
    Is there any way to use PDM morphs in DS4?

Cheers! Oom

InjectPMD didn't work that great when I tried it in 4.0 and it outright refuses to work in 4.5; however, I've successfully used MorphExchange to do that.

edited December 1969

Kerya & Skiriki
    Thank you for your answers!

InjectPMD still in development for DS4.0 and DS4.5 will soon(?) be over us.
    MorphExchange do not handle injected PMDs but is a lot better than nothing.

Cheers! Oom

• LickspittleLickspittle Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm looking for a set of vampire fangs for Genesis. There seem to be free versions for all the other figures (although different morph packs seem to be required). I keep trying the morph myself and keep screwing it up, and right now I'm looking at drawing them in by hand.

• foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Has anyone seen a Tiffany Table Lamp? I thought I saw one here at Daz, but maybe it was a freebie

.Oom, what does "0" in your joined date mean?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:
    Has anyone seen a Tiffany Table Lamp? I thought I saw one here at Daz, but maybe it was a freebie

Some accounts on the old forum had messed up dates saying that the person joined in 1969 or 1970, Guess those people's dates got converted to zeros.

edited June 2012

31 12 1969 (or 1 1 1970 depending on time zone) is zero, or something like that. At one time the Daz software did a little gltich and so some people got this start date

http://www.rachaelarnold.com/dev/archive/why-is-date-returning-wrong

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Thanks chohole, it was driving me crazy why I saw 0 in some joined dates.

(You and I were signing up at Daz on the same day, chohole.)

edited December 1969

Yes, that another very common date. It is the date the forums first started, a year after the Plat club started, They celebrated the first anniversary of the Plat club by launching the forums.

edited June 2012

I'm looking for a set of vampire fangs for Genesis. There seem to be free versions for all the other figures (although different morph packs seem to be required). I keep trying the morph myself and keep screwing it up, and right now I'm looking at drawing them in by hand.

This sounded like a nice Saturday morning project and it came out like this. It's the more discrete kind that don't show with closed mouth.
    The one that show are a lot more work as they affect the lips too.

Will be up on shareCG soon. Have to pack it make some promo renders and have a cup of coffee first.

Edit:
    Coffee finished, ShareCG download:
    http://www.ShareCG.com/v/63076/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Fang-morph-for-Genesis

Cheers Oom

Fang0.jpg
    800 x 800 - 93K
    Post edited by Oom Fooyat on
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:

It was just a bug?? I thought I was eternal!! :ahhh: :lol:
    On the old forum it said 01 01 70 IIRC.

There are some nice ArtDeco stuff in Arcade Hotel at shareCG

Cheers! Oom

edited December 1969

foxylady said:

It was just a bug?? I thought I was eternal!! :ahhh: :lol:
    On the old forum it said 01 01 70 IIRC.

There are some nice ArtDeco stuff in Arcade Hotel at shareCG

Cheers! Oom

LOL Then we would all have 0 in our joined date.

I did check Arcade Hotel, no Tiffany Lamp, but thank you for trying. I am beginning to think I just imagined the lamp

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:

No true tiffany lamps but maybe these will work for you
    http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=a64c452a
    http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=95a38829

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Anyone know where I can find a freebee Men's Victorian style Opera cloak for M4 or Genesis? I need one with lining, caplet, and full lapels. I'm going to be making the character in the attached image, and need that cloak, or something very close to it.

Buccaneer.jpg
    766 x 1000 - 194K
    edited December 1969

A free one, heck I would pay good money for one like thhat.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited June 2012

chohole said:
    A free one, heck I would pay good money for one like thhat.
    If I knew how to make one, I'd be doing it myself, but I still haven't figured out how to modify the hood on my Kageto Kataginu yet to make it fold back, much less create a flowing cloak. And I haven't found any men's formal opera cloaks , just medieval style hooded ones.
    Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 1969

Thank you Dollygirl, not quite what I remember, but close enough. I grabbed the hanging light fixture also. You never know when you might need one.

Dollygirl said:
    foxylady said:

No true tiffany lamps but maybe these will work for you
    http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=a64c452a
    http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=95a38829

• LickspittleLickspittle Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This sounded like a nice Saturday morning project and it came out like this. It's the more discrete kind that don't show with closed mouth.
    The one that show are a lot more work as they affect the lips too.

Will be up on shareCG soon. Have to pack it make some promo renders and have a cup of coffee first.

Edit:
    Coffee finished, ShareCG download:
    http://www.ShareCG.com/v/63076/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Fang-morph-for-Genesis

Cheers Oom

Thank you so much! Yay! They're perfect!

edited December 1969

Thank you so much! Yay! They're perfect!

You are welcome! I'm glad you liked them.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:

This is almost a Tiffany lamp - however, it's listed as "Poser only"
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/52326/browse/11/Poser/Boudoir-Lamp-prop
This discussion has been closed.