Fit Control for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Thanks for the kind words. I definately would have released it because I use it myself on all figures (specially custom shapes), so a Genesis 8 version was always on the cards. A huge thanks to Discobob for the awesome new interface:) Just need to finish up the male version now.:)

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

In my cart. I did not notice a discount but I would buy it regardless as this is an excellent product. Thank you.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,314
    Zev0 said:

Thanks for the kind words. I definately would have released it because I use it myself on all figures (specially custom shapes), so a Genesis 8 version was always on the cards. A huge thanks to Discobob for the awesome new interface:) Just need to finish up the male version now.:)

Any idea when the male version may be available? I don't use Genesis 8 much yet, so I'm also wondering if there will be a bundle and if it would be worth wating for that.

edited January 2018
    Just finishing up the male promos then it will be submitted, so hopefully it might be released towards the end of this month or latest next month. There will also be a bundle available.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

cool that the script asks which fitted/parented objects you want it to apply the FC morphs to to on launch.  including gens and hair.

i applied it to the hair out of curiosity.  and the few morphs i tried really did seem to shape/style the hair nicely.  at least in the preview pane.  i'll try some renders later.

so there's another plus for the product.  as if it needed more.  :)

j

• edited January 2018

Just bought it now. Awesome as always.

Post edited by krisvahl_39205d8612 on
  • DemiurgentDemiurgent Posts: 97
    edited January 2018

First attempt. The figure's a very tweaked Genesis 8 Female. The dress is made up of the Princess of Light outfit with most of the kibble stripped out, with the Denim Jumper Outfit's shirt underneath to give it the cap-sleeve effect, and then a bodysuit under that. I used Fit Control to layer them, and did different effects by adjusting different layers with the layers above set to collide and push out. The weird ruffle in the back is because the PoL dress doesn't have a solid connection to the rest, and I wanted to get this up -- I'll revise it later.

The layering, smoothing out the front, adjusting weirdnesses in each layer by tweaking... it all worked very cleanly. Nice as always!

Princess of Light!

Vortex-2.png
    1000 x 1131 - 1M
    Post edited by Demiurgent on
  •          I just got this and am frustrated that it doesn't let me choose the morphs that will be excluded (this wasn't flagged in the product description as far as I can see & is different from the previous version, which I was very happy with, as with all your products)

This is not an improvement for me. Is there any way that this can be changed/fixed or do I need to ask DAZ for a refund.

Regardz,

Dave

This version works exactly the same morph wise except you can choose what items to apply the morphs to. Can you clarify what you mean by morph exclusion?
  • Like the new interface and the option to easily choose which cloth to apply Fit Control to. Any chance that the G3-version might be updated to get that as well?

We will have to see how much work that entailes. Right now it is not on the production schedule.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    Zev0 said:
    We will have to see how much work that entailes. Right now it is not on the production schedule.

It would really be nice if you find time to update the G3F fit control interface so we could select the items to apply the morphs to, instead of applying to all and selecting each item individually to delete the unused morphs to get rid of them. I'd be willing to pay a small upgrade price for the convenience it would offer.

We will have a meeting to discuss this. I cannot guarentee anything. We will have to weigh up time involved in updating the G3F/M versions. Updating older products pushes back progress on new product developement, so that is something we always have to consider as we are on very tight release schedules.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

So looking forward to Fit Control for G8M - I picked up the one for G8F, and am delighted with the same high quality I have come to expect from you, Zev0.  Your products ROCK and are a necessary part of my Daz tool kit.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

So happy this is out.  One of the absolute must haves.

• ''Can you clarify what you mean by morph exclusion? ''

I mean all the morphs listed in your product description which aren't being applied to the clothing, ie in this screenshot of Hongyu's Bikini 2 on Victoria 8, there are these

• Crotch Expose L
    • Crotch Expose R
    • Crotch Loosen 1
    • Crotch Loosen 2
    • Crotch Width
    • Front Down 1
    • Front Down 2
    • Front Down 3
    • Front Down L
    • Front Down R
    • Front Pull
    • Front Width
    • Height Adjust
    • Height Adjust Front
    • Height Adjust Rear
    • Rear Center Depth
    • Rear Center Height 1
    • Rear Center Height 2
    • Rear Down 1
    • Rear Down 2
    • Rear Loosen 1
    • Rear Loosen 2
    • Rear Loosen 3
    • Side Down L
    • Side Down R

that have been excluded from the Underwear morphs/Pelvic area set, I'd like them to be available (I thought I'd bought them  in your product)

Thanx ,

Dave

Fit Controler 1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 446K
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@dijidave_a64850a362 "I mean all the morphs listed in your product description which aren't being applied to the clothing, ie in this screenshot of Hongyu's Bikini 2 on Victoria 8, there are these"

The morphs are available in the product. They are "excluded" in the case you show because you haven't chosen to apply them. The interface has been changed from the previous version such that you start by slected the morphs you want to apply rather than transferring all morphs (as in G3 versions), then deleting those that aren't used.

A cleaner and more logical application in my opinion.

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655
    edited January 2018

I'd be for an update of the G3F version too so you can select only items that you want it to be applied. Even if it delays other products this feature makes if far less annoying since when you load a figure with these morphs it takes 5x the time to load than without them.

Post edited by Illidanstorm on
  • @fastbike1   I can see no options on the new interface for selecting morphs, only follower items.

• @fastbike1 , perhaps you could post a screenshot of the interface displaying the option for choosing morphs, I can't find it anywhere

edited January 2018

Ok to clarify, you cannot select morphs. In summary, Fit Control morphs are designed on figure, they then get projected onto clothing, if morph designed on figure is within area of clothing geometry it will populate on clothing, if not, it wont. So it is rare you will find breast morphs located on lower underwear, unless the lower underwear contains geometry which expands into the breast area on figure. Hope this makes sense.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I don't have that specific bikini to test, but on the basic wear panties, I see all the fit control morphs I would expect. If you try using fit control with the basic wear panties, do you only see the morphs from your screenshot before? Wondering if it is an install issue and you aren't seeing the morphs on any items, or if it is an issue with that specific clothing item for some reason.

•  Thanx AlmightyQUEST, & Zev0, it was an install issue that is now sorted.

• naxuam_66429eb97enaxuam_66429eb97e Posts: 56
    edited February 2018

I am suddenly having trouble with this.

All the wonderful control morphs for help fit tops have disappeared. All it gives me now is Expand Breat Left and Expand Breast right.

Center dept, center depth smoother, Center up, center down and ALL those morphs have disappeared.

I have ran maintence on the Database and reinstalled the Fit Control package. 

So far the problem persists.

Any ideas?

Post edited by naxuam_66429eb97e on
    Try reloading the clothing and applying Fit Control to it again to see if it happens again. You sure you didn't click on the remove unused morphs button?
    edited February 2018
    Oh forgot to mention that the Genesis 8 Male version will be available this week as well as a Bundle.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:
    : Try reloading the clothing and applying Fit Control to it again to see if it happens again. You sure you didn't click on the remove unused morphs button?

loaded G8. With G8 highlighted I loaded a simple piece of clothing. Result Just two morphs

Attempt two: Loaded G8. With g8 not selected Loaded simple piece of clothing and fit it to G8. Loaded fit control. Result Same two morphs.

I really loved Fit COntrol and Fit Control for G3 cstill works. And when I move a Fit Controlled piece of G3 clothing to G8 the morphs still work.

Fit Control WAS working perfectly on G8. ANd then it stopped. I have done nothing to G8 but purchase some of the Facial morphs found here at DAZ

But something has broken in my G8 version and it has me really frustrated.

fcproblem.PNG
    1393 x 772 - 777K

Ye something isn't right with your G8.. More morphs should be listed there.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    Zev0 said:
    Oh forgot to mention that the Genesis 8 Male version will be available this week as well as a Bundle.

Ooh good - I was waiting for that bundle, so I'll look forward to picking it up at last.

edited February 2018

Products are now live. Those who own the Genesis 8 Female version will get an additional 10% discount if they buy the Male version. If the discount banner is not showing please be patient. Thank you all for your continued support.

Post edited by Zev0 on