The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I want to play sims again but I forgot where I put my sims dvd. Also I need to get to sleep right now instead of looking for the sims dvd.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Do cats have good night vision? It is almost one am and it is dark outside. I have a light on next to the kitchen and the kitchen light. Micah was enjoying staring out the window. Maybe there is enough lights outside for him to see, but is his night vision better than a human's?

Cats are somewhat nocturnal and have excellent vision at night.

Only 1530 and it is still as dark outside as it was this morning, perhaps I will need to upgrade with a retrofit of cats-eyes if it keeps being so dark ;)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    Do cats have good night vision? It is almost one am and it is dark outside. I have a light on next to the kitchen and the kitchen light. Micah was enjoying staring out the window. Maybe there is enough lights outside for him to see, but is his night vision better than a human's?

Only 1530 and it is still as dark outside as it was this morning, perhaps I will need to upgrade with a retrofit of cats-eyes if it keeps being so dark ;)

Then you probably will get the vision of a new born kitten.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Unwise, because you will lose some focus, because that reflected and refracted light makes things blurry. ;) What you need is sensory whiskers and eyebrows!

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

Then you probably will get the vision of a new born kitten.

*mews helplessly* i can haz milk nao? ;)

edited December 1969

Oh! Thanks for reminding me...

*scribbles "milk" to shopping list*

edited December 1969

I need milk too. but I have to wait until the bank opens to get some money to get milk.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:

Unwise, because you will lose some focus, because that reflected and refracted light makes things blurry. ;) What you need is sensory whiskers and eyebrows!

Haz smart sharpen filter algo for deblur, yesss :)

edited December 1969

I need to go to the bathroom and then get some sleep. One of the kittens are mewing. Melody is with them so she can try to figure out what is wrong.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

This picture was inspired by wandering through the pigeon show that was being held at the Perth royal show last year. There's a certain horrid fascination at seeing what ridiculous things people breed out of what must have started as perfectly good, functional pigeons, but after years of inbreeding ended up with feathery frills protruding from their necks so big that the resulting creature reminds you of a dog with an after-surgery cone strapped to it.

I wondered what would happen to dragons if the same variety and insanity were applied to them as in dog breeding, and here's the rather ridiculous result.

breeder_dragons_free_to_color.jpg
    550 x 439 - 127K
    edited December 1969

Rezca, I really, really, really think you should start reading Terry Pratchett's "Guards! Guards!" right now. :)

edited December 1969

Hey nice, a chicken coop can get my imagination going, chickens sure do behave kind of weird and you can imagine people behaving like that in some kind of parallel universe :) KInd of reminds me of Giuseppe Arcimboldo, the fruit and veg dude

FruitVeg.jpg
    428 x 599 - 87K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,213
    edited December 1969

do you think it's possible to model a completely new dude figure in Wings?

I believe Apollo was modelled in Wings.

edited December 1969

i don't understand what they mean by animated joint centers

That refers to Poser's version of rigging adapting to the shape of a figure, the way Genesis does. So if you broaden a figure's shoulders, say, you can move the pivot point of the shoulders out to match and link the values to the morph.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

thanks Richard.

first, need a codename for sexi dude project. something biblical? :)

and parameters -

-i want my first human figure to be compatible with Poser 7.
    -ears- able to make ears invisible. ear bones or ear body handles?
    -absolutely no magnets
    -extremely flexible glutes
    -empty channels for character creators to inj morphs. :idea: i should make like reservation channels for the active creators, something like sav_o1, jep_01; stuff like that.
    -maybe , make inner mouth, teeth and eyeballs either smart props or conforming parts

i should just start with a modeling a face.

project codename: Samson

iirc, his super strength was in his long hair.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:

Haz smart sharpen filter algo for deblur, yesss :)

gaussian? :)

edited June 2012

thanks Richard.

first, need a codename for sexi dude project. something biblical? :)

project codename: Samson

iirc, his super strength was in his long hair.

What was wrong with Job? You will certainly need patience, and writing that you are working on your Job will be a good excuse for banishing distractions.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

And eat some bananas.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    /whew! DEAD FISH ON A PLATE for lunch! Then grabbed some beer, and home before the rain starts!

PPro is looking good again, I can't find another character that chokes it. Whew! Amazing how fast it renders even with SSS turned on.

...I was able to successfully render a scene in PP2010 using AO on my old 32 bit notebook. Total time something like fifteen minutes rendering in background mode.

Rendering with AO in Studio is a quick trip to a crash.

Next have to play with the Queue Manager.

I'm looking forward to pushing PPro once the new machine is done. With 4 cores and 16GB, it should perform nicely! I'll upgrade to PPro 2012 next month or in August.

You know you're spending too much time in Poserdom when you see a woman on the bus and think "I have that hair". :wow:

edited December 1969

the only diner within walking distance closed. :(

no more tomato soup day, yankee pot roast day, wahhhh

diner was there 41 years. they sold to a developer.

Oh geez, that's rotten! If the diner near me closed I'd end up eating pb n j every day... yecch.

I hope you can find a good alternative, somehow.

edited December 1969

Thursday, Payday, that's a non-complaint. BUT... you know it... COMPLAINTS!!!

- I had to read 12 pages to get to the end
    - It's hot and humid outside
    - I have too much stuff in my Rendo wish loist
    - I'm gonna have to pay for a copy of Windows
    - I wish there were a Linux version of C4D
    - I have to grocery shop on the way home AND cough up for a new 30-day bus pass
    - Didn't sleep well last night for no known reason
    - Eyes are tired, nose itches, legs are sore
    - Going to bake going to/from the taco shack for lunch

Added non-complaint: lunch will be a BURGER MADE WITH CHEESE AND JALAPENO PEPPERS!!! :snake:

edited December 1969

taking a Gatorade and banana break. :)

sped up my work flow by adding hot key to the bridge command. yoo highlight the menu command, hit insert, then type the key you want to assign. also for the isolated verts check.

made a texture template for the speech bubble that comes with the emoti gal props. attaching it in case anyone wants it. taking 'no postwork' serious, lol

advil is wearing off, leg cramps feel worse. maybe a soak in bubbles will help.

okay break over, back to wings.

dizcupcakea.png
    800 x 800 - 678K
    speechbubl.jpg
    512 x 512 - 8K
    edited December 1969

Meh, I'm tempted to do something kind of radical.

Instead of putting Win7 on the new machine, install Ubuntu, then Blender and the Houdini Starving Artist Edition. I'm not going to be a real VFX artist so the $99 version of Houdini is fine for experimenting and personal projects, and if anyone DOES want me to work for 'em, they can frk up for a full license (lol)!

I'm going to be getting a new laptop next month, an i5 dual-core with 8GB to replace my aging Asus machine, that will run PPro just fine.

I really don't want to fork over for even an OEM copy of Windows 7 at this point, feh! So Ubuntu, Houdini, and Blender it is!!! PPro will go on the new laptop and I'll use it for illustrating my writing. So there! :coolgrin:

Way too many jalapenos on the burger - tasted great but I'm going to suffer tomorrow! :ahhh:

edited December 1969

*cues up Johnny Cash and "Ring of Fire"*

edited June 2012

Skiriki said:

Thanks. :bug::ahhh:

*edit* spent the Win7 money on heels and a corset MAT for the Frank-en-furter project! Now to find tutorials on how to use the Face Room in PPro...!

Post edited by Woolyloach on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

ROFL, you two just made my day.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

This is hilarious. I got two e-mail notifications of the threads, both contain a reply to me.

Both have similar content:

o_O

WOW! That rocks!

:coolsmile:

Thanx

:coolgrin:

Hilarious!

edited December 1969

I cannot find Gabriel. I do not know where he is.

edited December 1969

Keep looking. Gabriel can't run away, he doesn't have body for it. How are Doctor Creampuff, Cupcake and Lady Bacon?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I cannot find Gabriel. I do not know where he is.

Do you know where Melody is? She might be in the move the babies again mood.
This discussion has been closed.