Hex Gallery

Comments

• That was a while ago Garrett, I still use the same software, apart from Luxrender, I do know that Luxrender (and Reality) have moved on leaps and bounds and the results you can get are amazing.

At the moment my workflow is Hexagon, UV-Viewer, PSPx9, Daz Studio and Blacksmith 3D Paint (version 3.3) if I need to touch up the seams. I've tried a demo version of BS6 but could not see any real difference from v3, so I'll stick with it.

I did love how you could set the materials with Reality, it felt more natural and the Preview window made things a lot quicker rather than doing loads of test renders.

Not sure if you know this, but Corel usually puts PSP on sale in November, Black Friday, and you get frequent notices of when newer version go on sale - Version x9 (which is really version 19) cost me £20. 

John

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

My workflow is now Hexagon (modeling and UV mapping), Ultimate Unwrap 3D Pro, (untangle, auto-scale, and pack UV maps), Corel PhotoPaint (creating texture maps), Substance Painter 2 (painting on texture maps and materials), Daz Studio Pro (rigging, setting up mats, converting to Poser, and Iray & 3DL renders).

With this workflow, I can have a Daz Studio/Poser ready model done in under a week:

• Thanks for the info Dz, its interesting to know what other artists use to create their models.

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    DzFire said:

My workflow is now Hexagon (modeling and UV mapping), Ultimate Unwrap 3D Pro, (untangle, auto-scale, and pack UV maps), Corel PhotoPaint (creating texture maps), Substance Painter 2 (painting on texture maps and materials), Daz Studio Pro (rigging, setting up mats, converting to Poser, and Iray & 3DL renders).

With this workflow, I can have a Daz Studio/Poser ready model done in under a week:

Nice moddels and textures, i kinda feel ashamed to post this since the capt america shield shotgun was only thing made i. Hex. Rendered in car 7.2
    cas01.png
    1025 x 1026 - 304K
    08 04 17.png
    720 x 1280 - 518K
    08 04 1701.png
    720 x 1280 - 672K
  • Nice props A3DLover, any chance you could pose your character with the shield ?

Here something I'm working on at the mo'

Drinks.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 929K

Nice props A3DLover, any chance you could pose your character with the shield ?

Here something I'm working on at the mo'

After i add some straps to the shield so the character could hold on to it lol. Like that cup work, craving a midnite cup of java right now.
  • That was a while ago Garrett, I still use the same software, apart from Luxrender, I do know that Luxrender (and Reality) have moved on leaps and bounds and the results you can get are amazing.

At the moment my workflow is Hexagon, UV-Viewer, PSPx9, Daz Studio and Blacksmith 3D Paint (version 3.3) if I need to touch up the seams. I've tried a demo version of BS6 but could not see any real difference from v3, so I'll stick with it.

I did love how you could set the materials with Reality, it felt more natural and the Preview window made things a lot quicker rather than doing loads of test renders.

Not sure if you know this, but Corel usually puts PSP on sale in November, Black Friday, and you get frequent notices of when newer version go on sale - Version x9 (which is really version 19) cost me £20. 

John

What a Time lapse I have here. Yeah, I have a more recent copy of PSP by Corel, can't think of which one, but I use psp 7.0, when Jasc Software still had it, because it is so bare bone for quick and dirty work. I have Photoshop CS6 for bigger stuff. I dont like the way some software is going where you basic are having to lease it. 

• On the Hex Gallery Topic, IDK if anyone mentioned it but you also can tag your images Hexagon...with it tagged any other images with that tag will also come up thus giving you a Hexagon Gallery. smiley I know some people do that all ready but not many: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/?q=Hexagon&x=12&y=5 If you put under "Made With" the link to Hexagon 2.5 it will also be searchable :) I know this is a late answer but thought you may find it useful. :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,209

That was a while ago Garrett, I still use the same software, apart from Luxrender, I do know that Luxrender (and Reality) have moved on leaps and bounds and the results you can get are amazing.

John

What a Time lapse I have here. Yeah, I have a more recent copy of PSP by Corel, can't think of which one, but I use psp 7.0, when Jasc Software still had it, because it is so bare bone for quick and dirty work. I have Photoshop CS6 for bigger stuff. I dont like the way some software is going where you basic are having to lease it. 

Yeah, when PS went subscription only, I left completely and bought PSPx8, I believe it was. Then I got Project Dogwaffle Pro: Howler for more artistic paint-like experiences as well as the cool animation vfx options it has. Still needing something powerful for working with my HDRI experiments, I was talked into trying the brand new version of PSP by Corel. They said that my issues were due to my version of PSP not designed for Win10. I was kind of excited to try the new PSP but as it turned out, the HDR tools haven't changed. At least not into something that can do what I need it to do.

Refusing to use anything Adobe Subscription, I tried the new Affinity Photo (new to Windows, that is) and I absolutely love it!

My workflow has been Carrara, DS (basically a plugin for getting content to work better in Carrara), Howler, HitFilm. And now with the new addition of Affinity Photo and I'm going to give Hexagon a shot in the near future. I'm also going to be experimenting with Fusion for vfx as well - and I use Corel Video Studio Pro, Vegas, and HitFilm for video editing, with DaVinci Resolve in line to look at as well.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,209

On the Hex Gallery Topic, IDK if anyone mentioned it but you also can tag your images Hexagon...with it tagged any other images with that tag will also come up thus giving you a Hexagon Gallery. smiley I know some people do that all ready but not many: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/?q=Hexagon&x=12&y=5 If you put under "Made With" the link to Hexagon 2.5 it will also be searchable :) I know this is a late answer but thought you may find it useful. :)

yes

That was a while ago Garrett, I still use the same software, apart from Luxrender, I do know that Luxrender (and Reality) have moved on leaps and bounds and the results you can get are amazing.

John

Yeah, when PS went subscription only, I left completely and bought PSPx8, I believe it was. Then I got Project Dogwaffle Pro: Howler for more artistic paint-like experiences as well as the cool animation vfx options it has. Still needing something powerful for working with my HDRI experiments, I was talked into trying the brand new version of PSP by Corel. They said that my issues were due to my version of PSP not designed for Win10. I was kind of excited to try the new PSP but as it turned out, the HDR tools haven't changed. At least not into something that can do what I need it to do.

Refusing to use anything Adobe Subscription, I tried the new Affinity Photo (new to Windows, that is) and I absolutely love it!

My workflow has been Carrara, DS (basically a plugin for getting content to work better in Carrara), Howler, HitFilm. And now with the new addition of Affinity Photo and I'm going to give Hexagon a shot in the near future. I'm also going to be experimenting with Fusion for vfx as well - and I use Corel Video Studio Pro, Vegas, and HitFilm for video editing, with DaVinci Resolve in line to look at as well.

You might try gimp its free and as poor mans ps its pretty good it has ops i wish my cs 1 & 3 doesnt have which it a great list of filters and a snazzy flare engine.
    just a quickie tonite, modeled in hex, lil mapping with carrara7 ps no postwork
    12 27 17 f.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 126K
    12 27 17 b.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 156K
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited January 2018

Re-post because I don't create that many half decent renders. The card was a little something I made for all my Hex-friends to go with the DAZ Christmas freebie.

card.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on

Completly built in Hex.

Click here for gallery

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

cool model - took some time to do I bet

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Just out of curiosity, DzFire, I'm assuming that you have compiled a very large library of greebles over the years that you can use as starting points for many elements that can be incorporated in such complex models. Or is everything, using the android as an example, modelled completely from scratch using primitives?

Normally I pull greebles out of complex models like this and use them for less complex ones.
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Gotta love recycling. laugh

• kenmokenmo Posts: 895
    DzFire said:

All the stone work was modeled 

A3DLover said:
    @dzfire nice work is that as polyfied as it looks?

Looks awesome as do your vehicles...

edited February 2018

My freighter/cargo spaceship. Modeled in Hexagon 2.5.2.109 Public BETA+.

Texturing/UV Mapping was done in 3DCoat 4.8 and Photoshop CC 2018. Render is in 3DCoat.

Post edited by Chohole on

Pretty cool!

• Excellent texture work Kenmo :)

• otodomusotodomus Posts: 332

Very nice Ken! are you UV mapping on Hexagon?

• Excellent cargoship Kenmo.

edited February 2018
    otodomus said:

Very nice Ken! are you UV mapping on Hexagon?

UV mapping was done in 3DCoat via it's auto mapping option.

Thanks kindly for the comments....

Post edited by kenmo on

Early Supercharged Ford Flathead V8

It's based on the early flathead Ford V8's. The era of Flathead that had the distributor mounted in front where the water pump would be on an early 1950's Chevy V8. And the oil filter mounted up high with the oil pump on the bell housing....

This was done a couple of years ago...

• Excellent piece of modeling Kenmo :)

• Kenmo,

Well done on the spaceship, both modeling and texturing. Fantastic engine model, too!

edited February 2018

Each and every part from Hexagon.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Looks like a great Mad Max poster DzFire :)