Alicia's Wonderland

WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735
edited January 2018 in Art Studio

Well, I finally decided to start an art studio section of my own, but not sure what I want to do with it exactly...

I'm posting a lot today, but feel free to comment or critique (politely wink)  or start a conversation! 

I guess I'll start off with some of my latest works. I've been sick with the flu and an upper respiratory infection that is FINALLY getting better so I'll be posting first stuff I've done during this time on my crappy Windows laptop in bed with some postwork on an iPad.

Here first is Delilah from Mousso. https://www.daz3d.com/delilah-for-genesis-3-and-8-female ;

It still needs real postwork when I get back to Photoshop. 

The #MeToo trend in Hollywood brought back a lot of old memories of when I was trying to be an actress in my 20's. Not just producers, directors, agents were sleazy but even doctors, lawyers, and real estate investors! Men offered me money and clothes for sex (that I always turned down) and entertainment people offered potential roles that were most likely fake. Luckily my father was an editor at Variety, then the Hollywood Reporter, and when the actual industry people found that out, (there were a lot of fakes) they got scared of bad press, so stopped harassing me. The worst thing though, is that a lot of girls said YES, they not only agreed to do whatever sleazy thing they were asked but offered to do it in order to get the part! I hated those girls because they were ruining it for everyone. 

This image is based on how those girls may have felt then or maybe the remorse now. Maybe they went home and cried and hugged their teddy bear for their loss of innocence. I'm sure many are in therapy now...

BTW, I think Delilah is gorgeous! One of the few characters that I don't think I changed at all...

Post edited by Wonderland on

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735
    edited January 2018

And on a more innocent note, here are some posts of Sakura 8 https://www.daz3d.com/sakura-8

The background is the Central Park HDRI by Mec4D. Had to get that because I grew up in NYC right near the 59th street entrance to Central Park!

Also on laptop and iPad postwork. Just tests really.

IMG_4541.JPG
    900 x 1200 - 480K
    IMG_4565.JPG
    768 x 1024 - 223K
    edited January 2018

I have not been happy so far with any of the G8 Male characters so started working on my own. Here is a morph test of a character I like. Oops, just noticed his hand goes through the pocket on the second one! But these are just tests LOL. 

IMG_4606.JPG
    600 x 800 - 193K
    IMG_4614.JPG
    900 x 1200 - 318K
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Was about time you made your own thread, seems there will be some nice things to be seen here! Nice render with sakura, especially the blue one! And that portrait is interesting, the character and the light settings.

edited January 2018

And since people in the forum were complaining that they wanted a male counterpart to Sakura, I came up with this morph. I think he'd make a great companion for her! 

IMG_4618.JPG
    600 x 800 - 150K
    edited January 2018

And I purchased the beautiful Jazmine by Raiya while in fastgrab https://www.daz3d.com/jazmine-hd-for-victoria-7 and made some adjustments to the skin and a some morph tweaking. I think the character is gorgeous! With Pascale hair. https://www.daz3d.com/pascale-hair-for-genesis-3-8-female-s

IMG_4604.JPG
    1020 x 1183 - 495K
    edited January 2018

And finally, last for today (I think!) is Jamie 3.0 for V4. This was the first time I used V4 in DS, only used her in Poser before. The weird thing was that when I opened her mouth, I saw no teeth! I had to move the upper and lower jaw up or down via the Y axis to get the teeth in the right place! How did that get past QA??? On the other hand, I forgot how much I love V4. I like the way expressions work much better on her face. You don't get that weird Joker look to the mouth that the Genesis 3 & 8 characters get and I can manipulate her eyes better too. I wish they could put V4's head on G3 or G8's body...

Anyway, here is a closeup of her, working on a full scene render. Played a lot with lighting and tone mapping. Was going for more of a fantasy look, thus the over-saturated colors. The outfit is from Hi-Fantasy Pirate for V4.

HOT PIRATE

IMG_4611.JPG
    900 x 1200 - 513K
  • magicjavamagicjava Posts: 152

And I purchased the beautiful Jazmine by Raiya while in fastgrab https://www.daz3d.com/jazmine-hd-for-victoria-7 and made some adjustments to the skin and a some morph tweaking. I think the character is gorgeous! With Pascale hair. https://www.daz3d.com/pascale-hair-for-genesis-3-8-female-s

Love your work! Very sexy and lots of energy! Looks great!

Linwelly said:

Was about time you made your own thread, seems there will be some nice things to be seen here! Nice render with sakura, especially the blue one! And that portrait is interesting, the character and the light settings.

Thanks @Linwellylaugh

Thanks @magicjava

I think I may even try an experiment to put V4's head on G3 or G8's body... Maybe make V4's body invisible and G3's head invisible and parent V4's head to G3's body??? I wonder if that would work. Same with M4. I like his face much more than the male G3 or G8's...

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

These truly are wonderful portraits.  I love your choice of colors.

You can definitely combine multiple figures hiding parts and try to fix in post as you have outlined for V4's head to G3 or G8 body.  However, there are a number of ways to make or purchase a V4/M4 head morph for other figures. Darkhorse1, for example, is supposed to have a converter.  (won't link to it on the forum but you should be able to find it).  Sickleyield has tutorials for making morphs and clones.   Just something to consider.

Keep up the great work.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Will be watching with interest! 

Diomede said:

You can definitely combine multiple figures hiding parts and try to fix in post as you have outlined for V4's head to G3 or G8 body.  However, there are a number of ways to make or purchase a V4/M4 head morph for other figures. Darkhorse1, for example, is supposed to have a converter.  (won't link to it on the forum but you should be able to find it).  Sickleyield has tutorials for making morphs and clones.   Just something to consider.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks @Diomede , is that different from GenX? I feel like I could get a character GenX'd over, but the facial structure wouldn't work the same. I like the way mouth expressions especially look so much better on V4 than any of the Genesises...

edited January 2018

So here is a weird experiment at 4:00AM with another close-up of V4 with IRay shaders and a free HDRI from HDRIhaven.com that gave off some interesting lighting effects, then post in an iPad app (Snapseed.) 

IMG_4627.JPG
    1200 x 1600 - 641K
  • CamilleCamille Posts: 25

Looks gorgeous!! Love the lighting and render. She look so real.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    Diomede said:

Keep up the great work.

Thanks @Diomede , is that different from GenX? I feel like I could get a character GenX'd over, but the facial structure wouldn't work the same. I like the way mouth expressions especially look so much better on V4 than any of the Genesises...

Going to avoid linking just in case there is a Mod issue.  I am copying the text steps from a Deviantart page (niklos65).  It involves Darkhorse1, etc. mentioned above.

The character is Mihrelle's Astrid converted to G8F. 
    Steps for the morph:
    1) Use Darkhound1's V4 to G3F converter
    2) Follow SickleYield's tut on converting G3F Characters to G8F (Darkhound1 has a converter for this also, but I had troubles with the "eyes" with it, could have been my bad.)
    3)Make sure to transfer darkhound1's Victoria 4 base morphs too. You need to dial these in to get the character morph to look right. I use only the V4 head, and usually like the look of the character morphs on the G8F base body. One of the big pluses for G8F is the natural way she poses, so less distortion is better. Should probably recreate the body with G8F dials, but this works.
    Steps for the texture:
    4) Converted the Texture using Texture Transformer (you need an addon for V4 to G3F too.) 2.0 converts multiple files from .pz2 files, so the process is fairly automated.
    5) Convert it to Iray (I used N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution) for this figure.

Diomede said:
    Diomede said:

Keep up the great work.

Going to avoid linking just in case there is a Mod issue.  I am copying the text steps from a Deviantart page (niklos65).  It involves Darkhorse1, etc. mentioned above.

The character is Mihrelle's Astrid converted to G8F. 
    Steps for the morph:
    1) Use Darkhound1's V4 to G3F converter
    2) Follow SickleYield's tut on converting G3F Characters to G8F (Darkhound1 has a converter for this also, but I had troubles with the "eyes" with it, could have been my bad.)
    3)Make sure to transfer darkhound1's Victoria 4 base morphs too. You need to dial these in to get the character morph to look right. I use only the V4 head, and usually like the look of the character morphs on the G8F base body. One of the big pluses for G8F is the natural way she poses, so less distortion is better. Should probably recreate the body with G8F dials, but this works.
    Steps for the texture:
    4) Converted the Texture using Texture Transformer (you need an addon for V4 to G3F too.) 2.0 converts multiple files from .pz2 files, so the process is fairly automated.
    5) Convert it to Iray (I used N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution) for this figure.

Thanks @Diomede, will check all that out!  I have Cayman's legacy UV for V4 to G8. Don't you need geoshells for the texture? 

edited January 2018

OT... I swear there's a human inside my cat! He just posed for this photo and I played with it in Snapseed on my iPhone, the postwork addict I am! 

And sometimes he takes over the computer LOL...

IMG_4317.JPG
    2860 x 2569 - 1M
    IMG_4257.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
  • OT... I swear there's a human inside my cat! He just posed for this photo and I played with it in Snapseed on my iPhone, the postwork addict I am! 

That second one is purr-fect... laugh

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2018

snipped

One of my cats will finish her breakfast and then jump up and sit patiently in front of the computer monitor until I turn it on for her. (My computer is always turned off at night because we can get storms blow up out of the blue from the higher mountains north of us. We are at 1200 ft.)

Post edited by Chohole on

lol ,my cat just tromps all over the keyboard every chance he gets. Although I just snapped a pic of him intently watching Dr. Pol.  He usually ignores the tv but sat there for almost an hour.

Your cat is beautiful!

Some really beautiful work, your Jazmine especially looks like a real person.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317

Absolutely stunning render! 

Absolutely stunning render! 

Thanks @FirstBastion! laugh

Re: my cat-- I often go to sleep with the laptop running on my bed. One time I woke up to some bank page on the internet. Is my cat starting a secret account? Is that where all my money is going? No, actually, I guess it's to Daz...

Save

Two versions of Karyssa with Growing Up morphs and I think a few more tweaks. One is a HDRI (free from HDRIHaven.com!), the other was a rendered png that I played with in Photoshop to make arty. Not sure which I like best...

Finally got my Mac up and running with my ridiculous amount of external hard drives after my internal hard drive died. Luckily the genius bar people at the Apple Store replaced it for free but then I got that horrible flu followed by an even worse upper respiratory infection and didn't want to deal with setting everything back up (but thank god for Time Machine!) so I was doing everything in bed on my laptop with post in iPad apps--which is kinda fun actually. And I got a huge Windows machine on sale before Christmas that I still haven't set up, because I have to move a lot of stuff to make room for it!

Anyway, here are the two versions of Karyssa with Growing Up morphs added.  Waif Hair and one of the outfits from the Karyssa bundle, forgot the name...

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Well I can not decide which one I like best either Alicia, they are both equally amazing!!!

Well I can not decide which one I like best either Alicia, they are both equally amazing!!!

Thanks @Saphirewildlaugh After almost 2 years playing with DS, I'm still constantly learning (or trying to...) the intricacies of the program, and every render feels like a fun (but sometimes frustrating!) experiment! And then with all the options in Photoshop or even iPad apps, it's easy to do 20 or more versions of the same thing, which I'm embarrassed to say, I sometimes do!

edited February 2018

Another crazy iPad postwork experiment LOL. Mousso's Kallista, with different body morphs and a lot of kit bashing with various shaders. 

IMG_0211.JPG
    3072 x 4096 - 2M
    edited February 2018

Here is a close up of Teagan for V7 and Lilyanne Hair with a free HDRI from HDRIHaven.com. I only made some minuscule tweaks on her.

IMG_0215.JPG
    1000 x 1333 - 689K
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Teagan looks great!

I'm laughing at your comment about postworking many versions of the same render because I do that too.  Then its an excercise in futility trying to decide which version is "best" of the lot.

Great job on postworking the Karyssa renders.  So yeah, I can't pick the best, lol

Thanks @Saphirewildlaugh After almost 2 years playing with DS, I'm still constantly learning (or trying to...) the intricacies of the program, and every render feels like a fun (but sometimes frustrating!) experiment! And then with all the options in Photoshop or even iPad apps, it's easy to do 20 or more versions of the same thing, which I'm embarrassed to say, I sometimes do!

Haha me too!  And then I have to try and narrow it down because even with an fairly large external drive, I will run out of room at some point!

I really like both of the fairy one but I like the second one best.  The colors really pop and it just screams fantasy, which I love.  But the first one is also beautiful just in a more subtle way.

Love the movement in the more sci fi render, and the way the boot bleeds into the special effects it looks like she is either exiting or getting pulled into a worm hole.  Very cool!

Teagan is lovely and I really like the lighting.