Carrara 8.5.0.204 Beta (Update)

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Note there is a new Serial Number in the first post. CDZCPRO-085-0001250-KRG-001-EBTPBXD (Expires: 18 June 2013)

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Carrara has smoothing in the modeling room. It; unlike many options, works on DAZ figures. So can I assume you are talking about some other sort of smoothing?

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Not the same thing, no. I made a feature request for this some time ago:

Smoothing and collision detection in DS

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited May 2013

@Spooky: OK, thanks.
    @Manley: Well, I'm a complete noob in Carrara, just checking it out for interchange from DS (on a commission ;-)). How does the modeling room smoothing work?
    @araneldon: ooohh, thank you, I'm going to add a note if I can find the feature request.

Post edited by ReDave on
    edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    @Spooky: OK, thanks.
    @Manley: Well, I'm a complete noob in Carrara, just checking it out for interchange from DS (on a commission ;-)). How does the modeling room smoothing work?
    Are you looking more for smoothing, or to eliminate poke through?

If you are looking to eliminate poke through: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXZvs716Ov8&list=PLCBC7E5F4451C04C4&index=7

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

More like smoothing, actually. The smoothing modifier saves tremendous amounts of work for animations in DS. Nice video, though, thanks for the link!

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Mine starts ok, but trying to load anything from genesis causes it to freeze up and crash. At best, the smart content tab is unbelievably sluggish, to the point of being unworkable. I liked the last version a lot better, at least that one worked.:blank:

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

WOOOP! WHOOOP!

One of my bugs - the SPOT RENDER TOOL is now listed as RESOLVED!! YAY!!!

This has been a pain, not to mention anything I drag to the browser gets saved with a white preview...

THANK YOU ALL WHO POSTED to help squash this bug!!

PROGRESS!!!! :cheese:

Post edited by wetcircuit on
    edited December 1969

Carrara 8.5.0.204 is the latest Beta Build!

What you need to know about this build:

10. Mimic fixes have been implemented for Gen 4 and earlier.
    11. Mimic and Mimic Pro for Genesis is fixed and will be made available to those who have purchases this.

About Mimic Pro and this build:
    If you own Mimic Pro and want to start using it with Genesis, you’ll need to download a build just for Carrara 8.5. You will NOT want to use this with your 8.1 build of Carrara. It won’t work with both builds. However, if you install the new version in a different location, you can continue to have both versions on your machine. The same serial number will continue to work for both builds. The DMC files are also included in this new version of Mimic Pro and will work with Genesis.

I think I may have installed the wrong version of Mimic... Where do I find this special 8.5 version?

edited December 1969

Carrara 8.5.0.204 is the latest Beta Build!

What you need to know about this build:

10. Mimic fixes have been implemented for Gen 4 and earlier.
    11. Mimic and Mimic Pro for Genesis is fixed and will be made available to those who have purchases this.

About Mimic Pro and this build:
    If you own Mimic Pro and want to start using it with Genesis, you’ll need to download a build just for Carrara 8.5. You will NOT want to use this with your 8.1 build of Carrara. It won’t work with both builds. However, if you install the new version in a different location, you can continue to have both versions on your machine. The same serial number will continue to work for both builds. The DMC files are also included in this new version of Mimic Pro and will work with Genesis.

I think I may have installed the wrong version of Mimic... Where do I find this special 8.5 version?It should be in your Product Library under Mimic Pro, but it is not. I'll get that fixed.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I am totally confused on installing Mimic Pro. Which one goes where?

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I am totally confused on installing Mimic Pro. Which one goes where?
    There are a total of 3 versions of Mimic Pro. Both the Carrara 8.1 and the carrara 8.5 versions have two or three installers per platform (Windows 32/64 and Mac Intel 32/64 and for Carrara 8.1 Mac PPC 32 bit) Carrara 7 is 32 bit only so has 2 installers one for Windows and one for Mac.

The Carrara 7 Mimic Installers are ps_ap207_MimicProForCA.exe and ps_ap207_MimicProForCA.zip
    The Carrara 8 Mimic Installers are C8_MimicPro_2.0.7.135 plus an identifier for platform
    The Carrara 8.5 Mimic Installers are C8_MimicPro_2.0.8.176 plus an identifier for platform.

I am getting the 8.5 ones renamed once they are associated with the Product Libraries, but if you have the installers already this is what they are. The Carrara 8 versions do not work with Carrara 8.5 and the Carrara 8.5 versions do not work with Carrara 8.

They are supposed to be installed to the same folder where Carrara is installed and will add files to the Extensions folder in the folder where Carrara is installed.

• KnightStalker000KnightStalker000 Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

I never did purchase any version of Mimic Pro but I have noticed that Mimic Pro for Carrara 8.5 is actually listed under the 8.5 Beta listing in my Product Library, so I'm guessing that Mimic Pro is a part of the Carrara 8.5 Beta as shown below:

Downloads
    Download 83.53 MB CarraraRenderNode_8.5.0.204_Mac32_i386.zip
    Download 84.09 MB CarraraRenderNode_8.5.0.204_Mac64.zip
    Download 44.53 MB CarraraRenderNode_8.5.0.204_Win32.exe
    Download 55.26 MB CarraraRenderNode_8.5.0.204_Win64.exe
    Download 89.08 MB Carrara_8.5.0.204_Mac32_i386.zip
    Download 89.75 MB Carrara_8.5.0.204_Mac64.zip
    Download 101.75 MB Carrara_8.5.0.204_Win32.exe
    Download 113.17 MB Carrara_8.5.0.204_Win64.exe
    Download 38.89 MB C8_MimicPro_2.0.8.176_Mac32_i386.zip
    Download 38.90 MB C8_MimicPro_2.0.8.176_Mac64.zip
    Download 30.44 MB C8_MimicPro_2.0.8.176_Win32.exe
    Download 30.55 MB C8_MimicPro_2.0.8.176_Win64.exe
    edited December 1969

Thank you!!! I only panicked a little... LOL.

edited December 1969

Fixed, fixed and fixed. It is now where it belongs under Mimic Pro for Carrara. The Installers are now listed as 85 to be able to tell them apart and they are no longer with the Beta version of Carrara as a customer without Mimic Pro for Carrara does not have a serial number for it, and it is confusing as to what to download.

Thanks for pointing it out so we could get it fixed.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the fast service, Spooky. I'll give it another try later today.

edited December 1969

Thanks for pointing it out so we could get it fixed.

Thank you for being thorough with the beta update info! This thread was the only way I would have figured it out!

Thanks for the fast fix behind the scenes!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106
    edited December 1969

Spooky R OC K S ! ! !

• StorytellerStoryteller Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

when is the carrara 8.5 due to be out?

I am interested in some plugins and the upgrade but want to wait if it is going to be in the next week or two, did I hear something about 8.5 being released this month?

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

when is the carrara 8.5 due to be out?

I am interested in some plugins and the upgrade but want to wait if it is going to be in the next week or two, did I hear something about 8.5 being released this month?

Not unless June is the end of summer. ;-)

Check this link for more info.
    http://carraracafe.com/breaking-news-carrara-8-5-to-be-released-end-of-summer-with-several-new-features-carrara-9-to-follow-q1-2014/

• willib07willib07 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

E-Mail;[email protected]
    WINDOWS 7 64bit Carrara 8.5 .204 Beta (Update)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

willib07 said:
    E-Mail;[email protected]
    WINDOWS 7 64bit Carrara 8.5 .204 Beta (Update)

What?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

I think he wants Daz or us to email him some news

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

Is there a demo of Carrara 8.5 available for customers who only own Carrara 7? I'd really like to see how it works with Genesis, but the only Carrara 8 demo I could find is of 8.1, which doesn't have Genesis support.

Thanks in advance.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Snow Sultan :)

Carrara 8.5 is still in beta development, so there isn't a "Production ready" version, ..which could be restricted to create a Demo/Trial version.

I'd expect any Demo version to be released shortly after the 8.5 is available for sale.

Hope it helps

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

Thank you, I look forward to trying it. :)

• StorytellerStoryteller Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

one week left on this beta. Im waiting before I look into this further. Im curious what the next stage is.

• ukaton99ukaton99 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I'm not usually one to complain but I do find it ridiculous that they are still working on fixes for Cararra to work with Mountain Lion (released a year ago) You do realize that Apple just announced OSX Mavericks due out this summer. By the time this build is finished they will need to start over with new issues. So I'm guessing we will all have to deal with more headaches when the new OSX is released for another whole year. I understand when an OS is released their are bound to be issues, etc. but come on - work faster. I've never seen updates roll out so slow. Yeah you have the Beta version (I want the full "non-beta" version)

I've been using Cararra since it started out as Infini-D - but am now considering moving to a more stable and professional application such as Cinema 4D.

• DBuchterDBuchter Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

ukaton99 said:
    I'm not usually one to complain but I do find it ridiculous that they are still working on fixes for Cararra to work with Mountain Lion (released a year ago) You do realize that Apple just announced OSX Mavericks due out this summer. By the time this build is finished they will need to start over with new issues. So I'm guessing we will all have to deal with more headaches when the new OSX is released for another whole year. I understand when an OS is released their are bound to be issues, etc. but come on - work faster. I've never seen updates roll out so slow. Yeah you have the Beta version (I want the full "non-beta" version)

I've been using Cararra since it started out as Infini-D - but am now considering moving to a more stable and professional application such as Cinema 4D.

Two things:

1 I've been right there with you since Infini-D (2.0) as well. It made Carrara great
    2 Cinema 4d costs about 10 times the price of Carrara Pro - which also makes Carrara great

If you're going to jump, jump. I've stuck around for a reason and you probably have too.

• CarltonMartinCarltonMartin Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

So. I wonder: is Genesis 2 going to work in 8.5 beta? This is getting beyond my ability to even keep up with the information, much less the figures. Age, I guess.

This discussion has been closed.