Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    edited December 2017

Thanks a lot everybody! I'm glad that one works :D

Here is another format I will need as well, which should go in correspondence with the other one. Its supposed to be rather small as at the place it goes it will be rather small so still needs to efficient while being small

head-thumbnail1-small.jpg
    346 x 346 - 153K
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I would definitely click on it.  Her eyes are stunning and I love her freckles.

• Linwelly said:

Thanks a lot everybody! I'm glad that one works :D

Here is another format I will need as well, which should go in correspondence with the other one. Its supposed to be rather small as at the place it goes it will be rather small so still needs to efficient while being small

I like how your background color and the color of her eye pull together the image. As a thumbnail, I think it works well.

Trish

• Nope, you aren't talking to yourself. I think everyone is just busy. I know I am. I like how the sands and your alien landscape turned out. I really like your comic header. Yep, I'd click on it. I love the eyes.

Thanks again, this is actually like the very first step of making it public, having those banners prepared made the whole thing a tiny bit more real again.

I started writing the transcript and have the first 5 pages done, now I will test those for proof of concept and see how good those notes are to make the pages work. I will try with the first three pages and then work on with the transcript.

• I'd click on either one of those examples- very well composed and rendered, both.  

• ChameoChameo Posts: 306

Love both the header and the smaller icon - the eyes and freckles give her a distinctive look that would definitely make me want to know more.

edited December 2017

Thank you Darwin and Chameo, more is to come soon(ish) lets say DAZ soon LOL

here is my entry for Llolas redner a month, playing with Jepes plates and grafics ( he updated them for Iray, thanks a lot!) and Mec4d shader vol2 and some postwork in Gimp2.8

data133ch.png
    1500 x 844 - 2M
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Very nice render! The red flare is just right too!

• Purty dern cool render- Love the depth within the panels.  Lighting is great and I agree with the lens flare comment-well done

Very cool!  The lens flare defintely draws the eye to right where it should be

Thanks a lot everybody!

Purty dern cool render- Love the depth within the panels.  Lighting is great and I agree with the lens flare comment-well done

Can you imagine that there are only 4 panels hatched with each other? Buying those was a really good decision, I love this stuff

• Oh, that looks very cool! Nice.  :)

Thank you @Knittingmommy

edited December 2017

I started making panels and pages to see how that works, please have a look and tell me what you think

page2-panel1.png
    800 x 1200 - 1M
    page2-panel2.png
    800 x 1200 - 1M

there is a bit of a sneak preview on the comic over on my dA site

First page is up on my dA site

edited January 2018

Some more works from my comic, which I think will work as a stanalone as well

the algea farm, a bit an altered view from the render I've shown before and the krill farm

algarfarm-standalone.png
    3000 x 1688 - 7M
    Krill-standalone.png
    2000 x 1125 - 4M

Wow the lighting on those two last ones is phenomenal.  Really well done!  I like the panels, they made me want to know what was going on.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Linwelly said:

the algea farm, a bit an altered view from the render I've shown before and the krill farm

Wow I love these!!! Awesome!!!

Thanks a lot Sonja and Sven!

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    Linwelly said:

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

• Beautiful work with this comic, you've got a distinct render style that I do like quite a bit.

Thank you so much, I'm very glad, that you like what you see :D

edited January 2018

Here is a panel from my comic which I love, I probably post a larger version at a later time

Taiduo-talking-standalone-small.png
    800 x 450 - 643K
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,218
    edited January 2018
    Linwelly said:

I started making panels and pages to see how that works, please have a look and tell me what you think

Really like the sequential art here.  Give a real sense of pacing and the "cut aways"  offering pieces of additional information suggest nice storytelling technique.  Looking forward to seeing a page with word bubbes included. 

Linwelly said:

Here is a panel from my comic which I love, I probably post a larger version at a later time

I like the washed out bloom effect in your panels,  gives it a high production value feel.  And the algae farm renders above has me even more curious about the story. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,218

You had me curious enough,  I clicked through to your deviant art page,  and found panels with dialogue.  Too cool! 

Thanks a lot for the kind words @FirstBastion I'm very happy that I managed to get you interested enough to go over to dA. Most of the work I will post only over there as at some point I will need to rate it adult and it works better in context.

Beginning of February I will start putting the full pages out at webtoons, I hope the flow of storytelling will be even better in the full page format. As soon as I go life I will add a banner to my signature with a link to the page.

something for once totally unrelated to the story, here is for Llola Lanes render a month, after lots of experiementing

Iray and gimp

• The comic panels look great. I went to see the pages with the dialogue. Nice start to the story.