Carrara 8.5.0.204 Beta (Update)

Comments

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

So has anyone spent any time playing around with the Bullet cloth in this latest version? My internet connection won't cooperate to let me download such a big file...

I'm curious if there are any obvious improvements in either the features or maybe even the performance.

Thanks.

• marius_ifmarius_if Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

Hi folks!
    I've just got this beta, I'm going to test it asap :)
    I've also downloaded the SDK 8.1.1.12 for Carrara.
    Can anybody explain what this SDK needs to properly work?
    I have noticed just a few missing folders and files.
    Samples compile but dat and txt files are empty.
    If there is a way to make the SDK work, please let me know.
    It would help a lot to also know, what is new in this version.

Hugs,
    .., and may the force, be with you! ;)

marius.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

So has anyone spent any time playing around with the Bullet cloth in this latest version? My internet connection won't cooperate to let me download such a big file...

I'm curious if there are any obvious improvements in either the features or maybe even the performance.

Thanks.

so far seems the same .

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

Changes since the last beta build include:

- Support Cut/Copy/Paste for text edit boxes, including the serial number dialog.

Thanks for THIS one! Seems small but was one of my biggest pet peevs! :cheese:
    Post edited by wetcircuit on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited April 2013

Can we have a serial with that please?

To register the Carrara 8.5 Beta you will need to use the serial code listed here: CDZCPRO-085-0031105-VVY-001-EBTQTXO (Expires: 18 May 2013)

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • The Pencil NeckThe Pencil Neck Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Changes since the last beta build include:

- Support Cut/Copy/Paste for text edit boxes, including the serial number dialog.

Thanks for THIS one! Seems small but was one of my biggest pet peevs! :cheese:

Same here. :)

• edited December 1969

I've tried entering the following serial number and keep getting the message that it is invalid. What's going on?!

CDZCPRO-085-0031105-VVY-001-EBTQTXO

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

banksyde said:
    I've tried entering the following serial number and keep getting the message that it is invalid. What's going on?!

Make sure that you haven't picked up any leading or trailing spaces when copy/pasting the number.

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

For what it's worth to anyone wondering about the Bullet cloth in this latest beta...

As bigh said it doesn't seem much has changed. Unfortunately (VERY unfortunately, IMO) it STILL doesn't work with moving collision objects. Which is very annoying. And there don't appear to be any new controls or parameters introduced.

The only things I noticed from some real quick playing around is that the solver seems to give a different (and IMO slightly better) result. I'm guessing the bending, stretch, and/or accuracy parameters were tweaked and maybe the algorithm was also tweaked. I also think that maybe the friction values now have a more significant impact than previously, which is good.

I also noticed something that appears a bit strange...the collision distance now defaults to 99%, and no longer appears to be in percentage of the standard scene distance. In fact I have no clue what it's referring to now. Anyway, 99% seems to work fine.

But all of this is only from about 30 minutes of playing, so it could all be total nonsense....

• edited December 1969

chohole said:
    banksyde said:

Make sure that you haven't picked up any leading or trailing spaces when copy/pasting the number.

Thank you. That seems to have been the problem.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Glad I could help.

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have a few simple question some Carrara expert can quickly and easily answer - I've downloaded the latest 8.5 beta (204) and want to install it. I have the previous beta currently installed (along with 8.1). I am running Windows 7.

1) Do I need to uninstall the previous beta before installing the new one, or will the new beta install over top of the previous one?

2) When I install the new beta, will I lose my current content links and have to start over again?

I scanned through a few threads and didn't see these questions answered. Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

A passing thought - It would be helpful if Daz named the installed app "Carrara 8.5" and not just "Carrara 8" to help eliminate any confusion when uninstalling or accessing it.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,209
    edited December 1969

I have a few simple question some Carrara expert can quickly and easily answer - I've downloaded the latest 8.5 beta (204) and want to install it. I have the previous beta currently installed (along with 8.1). I am running Windows 7.

1) Do I need to uninstall the previous beta before installing the new one, or will the new beta install over top of the previous one?

2) When I install the new beta, will I lose my current content links and have to start over again?

I scanned through a few threads and didn't see these questions answered. Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

A passing thought - It would be helpful if Daz named the installed app "Carrara 8.5" and not just "Carrara 8" to help eliminate any confusion when uninstalling or accessing it.

1) Uninstall before or during the new installation
    2) Nope. Won't lose a thing :)
  • FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks DB!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,209
    edited December 1969

Thanks DB!My Pleasure! :)

• edited December 1969

Dont work for me, osx 10.6.8, any idea ?

edited May 2013

Dont work for me, osx 10.6.8, any idea ?Did you copy and paste it or type it?

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • edited December 1969

Did you copy and paste it or type it?

On a mac copy/paste have never work with carrara.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It does now, as of this beta.
    PROGRESS! :P

• edited December 1969

It does now, as of this beta.
    PROGRESS! :P

Thank's. Was that. Incredible progress ;-P

• nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

this is probably irrelevant, but I bought the upgrade to Carrara 8.1 a long time back, and it is great - but I cant find a download file for the 64 bit version. is 8.1 not available in 64 bit? i'm using a 64 bit computer and C 8.1 seems to run fine so far - but am i missing something? my beta version of C8.5 is a 64 bit application, but if the 32 bit version runs ok, why is there a separate 64 bit download? is there an instability i have not discovered yet.?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Do you have 8.1 Pro or standard?

• nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

not absolutely sure - i had C7 pro, then upgraded to C8, but i think it may be C8 standard.

edited December 1969

nightkin said:
    not absolutely sure - i had C7 pro, then upgraded to C8, but i think it may be C8 standard.
    Carrara 8.1, 64 bit is Pro only.
  • marius_ifmarius_if Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    does anybody know the latest SDK for Carrara 8 Pro, where it can be downloaded?

This link http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/support/downloads/-/?product=car_sdk, doesn't work for me..
    It was suggested in: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/carrara/start

Thanks a lot!

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Noob question of the day: where and how do I set the number of Autofit iterations in Carrara?

edited December 1969

marius_if said:
    Hi,
    does anybody know the latest SDK for Carrara 8 Pro, where it can be downloaded?

This link http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/support/downloads/-/?product=car_sdk, doesn't work for me..
    It was suggested in: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/carrara/start

Thanks a lot!

Quick solution, while I look for where the link is supposed to be on the site is this link. http://carraracafe.com/carrara-8-sdk-here/
    edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    Noob question of the day: where and how do I set the number of Autofit iterations in Carrara?
    Autofit doesn't have iterations, in either Carrara or DAZ Studio.

Can you provide some context to make sure I am not misunderstanding please?

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Argh sorry, I meant the smoothing modifier but thought autofit. :-S I take it smoothing modifier isn't yet available in Carrara?

edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    Argh sorry, I meant the smoothing modifier but thought autofit. :-S I take it smoothing modifier isn't yet available in Carrara?
    Smoothing modifier is limited to DS Only. Note that you are using Carrara and can move any offending verts on clothing. :)
This discussion has been closed.