Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.10.0.123! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517

...OK installed the the latest beta to work with IBL Master and keep 4.9.4 active.  A couple matters I have noticed.

The render window no longer has the "resume" option.

Second, just about any time I perform an action like close the render window, save a render, select another tab, etc the programme stalls out with a "Not Responding" message. even though there is almost no load on the CPU.  This also frequently happens when loading even a moderately sized scene sometimes taking a while to complete the action.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

I don't remember 3Delight ever having the resume option.

..you sure?

• jtbetheljtbethel Posts: 42
    edited January 2018

@jason.lin22

I have the exact problem with the cursor/view jumping as you, and it only just happened in the last few weeks.

What I find strange is tho' I had a similar problem at the same time with 7-zip (the compression program)

as soon as you started dragging the mouse (only in window mode) the cursor would jump to the bottom corner of the screen

As far as Daz in concerned, this jumping is happening on two PC's on both the Standard and Beta versions.

I'm putting this problem down to a Windows 10 update

I have 32 meg Ram and 1080 ti but had none of these problems untill a few weeks ago

and have been using Daz since Dinosaurs walked the earth..uh! no that was a render :) Anyhow...a very long time.

@kyoto kid

my BETA - version 4.10.0.123 render window does have a "resume", I actually used it today. This was with Iray render tho

Post edited by jtbethel on
  • cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited January 2018
    jtbethel said:

@jason.lin22

I have the exact problem with the cursor/view jumping as you, and it only just happened in the last few weeks.

What I find strange is tho' I had a similar problem at the same time with 7-zip (the compression program)

as soon as you started dragging the mouse (only in window mode) the cursor would jump to the bottom corner of the screen

As far as Daz in concerned, this jumping is happening on two PC's on both the Standard and Beta versions.

I have 32 meg Ram and 1080 ti but had none of these problems untill a few weeks ago

and have been using Daz since Dinosaurs walked the earth..uh! no that was a render :) Anyhow...a very long time.

@kyoto kid

my BETA - version 4.10.0.123 render window does have a "resume", I actually used it today. This was with Iray render tho

I agree

some mouse effect,,
    - perspective view, click on cude, fast roll to left down view,, mouse jump outside daz window

probably a windows 10 problem
    started 3-4 week before (after windows updates)
    not only in Daz, when clcik rotate the screen turn fast to left edge, the mouse jump, 
    that also happend in other program (like Winrar) when you want to select manualy some files in the list (grag with mouse) 
    the mouse jump to the right down corner and the winrar windows move slider full right!

Post edited by cm152335 on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    L'Adair said:

A number of users and myself has been experiencing a bug with the Magnify, Move, and Cube Rotate icon with the latest DAZ Studio 4.10 Version. After a few clicks on the either of the icons the scene will either jump back, to the side, or rotate to an extreme position. (Here are videos showing all three issues https://jasonF22yahoo.tinytake.com/sf/MjE2NjUwMl82NzQ1ODg4 and also for the rotator cube bug https://jasonF22yahoo.tinytake.com/sf/MjE2Njg3Ml82NzQ2Njk1 ; ) I also included some pictures describing the issue. Where do I report this bug?

I'm using: Windows 10, 64 bit, 2 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti's, with a Threadripper 12 core CPU

I don't know about the behavior on the Magnify and Move icons, as I've never just clicked on either of them. However, the rotator cube behavior you're describing is a feature, not a bug. I use it all the time, though I don't recall which version I was using when I discovered it. Certainly well before 4.9. Hover the mouse over one of the edges or faces of the cube and you should see it highlight. Then click on it, and the scene will reorient to match the cube's perspective. It's very handy, when you're expecting it to behave that way.

ETA: the "point of origin" for the rotation will be the default unless you've selected an object and clicked on the "+" icon to center that object in the viewport. With other than default, the rotation can sometimes leave most of the figure or scene out of the viewport.

Yes the rotator cube works like you explained half of the time. If i click on a face or an edge it will nicely automatically rotate to that angle but for the other times I use it, after about 4 or 5 clicks it suddenly jumps erratically without doing a smooth transition.

And many times I am only clicking on the front face of the cube getting ready to move the scene and it will unexpectedly jump. (See the video, it demostrates whats happening: https://jasonF22yahoo.tinytake.com/sf/MjE2ODk1MF82NzUxNzE1 ) Everything is at default settings and this is fresh install of the latest version of Daz 4.10

It happens after about four or five clicks on the cube, with a sudden extreme rotation to another unintended angle, making hard to set up a scene or do poses. I'm trying to make the switch from Poser to Daz as my main program, but this proving to very difficult to deal with. What are you using to move the scene around?

I'm also having problems with the cube. I have not been active with DAZ Studio for a couple of months (since October, when dForce was introduced) and when I left it, dForce was exploding cloth all over the screen but otherwise, everything else looked normal. Now I have returned to it and updated to the latest version (4.10.0.123) and I find that the cube - probably my most used tool in the whole interface - is jumping about randomly. The Viewport Pan tool is not very stable either. Lastly, I've started getting random crashes - something I have not experienced for some years and this is a worrying development. 

I hope they fix it soon but am not encouraged by the people who seem to be dismissing these issues or calling them "features".

• marble said:
    L'Adair said:

I'm also having problems with the cube. I have not been active with DAZ Studio for a couple of months (since October, when dForce was introduced) and when I left it, dForce was exploding cloth all over the screen but otherwise, everything else looked normal. Now I have returned to it and updated to the latest version (4.10.0.123) and I find that the cube - probably my most used tool in the whole interface - is jumping about randomly. The Viewport Pan tool is not very stable either. Lastly, I've started getting random crashes - something I have not experienced for some years and this is a worrying development. 

I hope they fix it soon but am not encouraged by the people who seem to be dismissing these issues or calling them "features".

It's not that some of us consider it a "feature" or are dismissing the issue, but rather thatn some of us have found that it, at least in some cases, is not specifically DAZ that is at fault, but rather the settings (perhaps defaults) that our mice are using that are the root cause.

edited January 2018
    marble said:
    L'Adair said:

It's not that some of us consider it a "feature" or are dismissing the issue, but rather thatn some of us have found that it, at least in some cases, is not specifically DAZ that is at fault, but rather the settings (perhaps defaults) that our mice are using that are the root cause.

I have a SteelSeries mouse which comes with its own software. I checked to see if the drivers had been overwritten by Microsoft updates (they like to do that without warning) and they had been so I updated to the latest manufacturer drivers. This made no difference to the problem in DAZ Studio, however. The mouse software allows a user profile which I reloaded after updating to the latest version. So I should be using the preferences which worked fine before this latest update to either the mouse or DAZ Studio.

I have not noticed any problems with the mouse in any other software. I use a 2D photoshop-like application which is very mouse intensive and also Blender. No problems with either.

Post edited by marble on
  • cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

under windows hardware i found twice (2) my mouse installed,,
    the duplicate mouse was come with the last windows update  

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I find it odd that people are dismissing the mouse / cursor jumping problem as a Windows 10 update or Windows 10 problem when it has been reported in many more versions of Windows than just Windows 10 and only began being reported as a frequent problem in DAZ Stduio 4.10.+ My own efforts to report that problem directly to DAZ 3D technical support were dismissed by technical support as only being a problem because I don't have an nVidia video card, despite myself never having a nVidia vidia card prior to DAZ Studio 4.10.+ either. DAZ 3D technical support also tried to tell me that DAZ Studio wouldn't even run without an nVidia card despite the fact that is is well known that it does run without an nVidia video card.

I don't think we can hope that DAZ 3D will get a handle on those bugs and fix them soon when they give such wrong answers to basic features in their DAZ Studio.

• Support are not the development team nor vice versa, so even if the support agent you dealt with did make that error 9and it isn't simply a matter of msireading or their or your part) it really has no bearing.

I have had the occasional jumping cursor for a long time, not just in 4.10 so the claim that it is a DS 4.10 issue does not seem correct.

edited January 2018

Support are not the development team nor vice versa, so even if the support agent you dealt with did make that error 9and it isn't simply a matter of msireading or their or your part) it really has no bearing.

I have had the occasional jumping cursor for a long time, not just in 4.10 so the claim that it is a DS 4.10 issue does not seem correct.

All I can say s that the problem I am seeing is not a cursor jump, it is the viewport camera controls that jump. For example - I have the camera pointing at a figure in a room and I want to tweak the angle of my view, so I Left-Mouse click and hold on the cube and drag to pivot the view. The problem is that sometimes the view jumps to a completely different part of the room and I have to manipulate the cube back to where I want it. Similar thing with the Pan/Dolly tool. Very annoying.

I am pretty certain that this did not happen before the most recent upgrade to 4.10.0.123.

Post edited by marble on
  • marble said:

Support are not the development team nor vice versa, so even if the support agent you dealt with did make that error 9and it isn't simply a matter of msireading or their or your part) it really has no bearing.

All I can say s that the problem I am seeing is not a cursor jump, it is the viewport camera controls that jump. For example - I have the camera pointing at a figure in a room and I want to tweak the angle of my view, so I Left-Mouse click and hold on the cube and drag to pivot the view. The problem is that sometimes the view jumps to a completely different part of the room and I have to manipulate the cube back to where I want it. Similar thing with the Pan/Dolly tool. Very annoying.

I am pretty certain that this did not happen before the most recent upgrade to 4.10.0.123.

Yse, that is what I meant by jumping cursor - it's a discontinuity in the way that drag operations proceed.

• marble said:

It's been happening off and on for me since 4.8, on Windows Vista.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,758
    marble said:

Had the same issues and I recentley found out, that it wasn't a software problem. It was actually a hardware problem. allways used Logitech mice. I didn't know, that they are notorious for having broken mouse buttons very soon. (Some inner plastic mechanism) So I got me a new mouse, different company and voila: My DS mouse navigating issue is gone.

marble said:

Had the same issues and I recentley found out, that it wasn't a software problem. It was actually a hardware problem. allways used Logitech mice. I didn't know, that they are notorious for having broken mouse buttons very soon. (Some inner plastic mechanism) So I got me a new mouse, different company and voila: My DS mouse navigating issue is gone.

I have a wireless mouse, a Microsoft TrackBall mouse and a new SteelSeries corded mouse and I have tried them all. Also, I was never aware of this problem until the latest update. Perhaps we are describing different issues or there are multiple causes for the same issue. Again, I have no mouse problems in any of the other software on my Windows 10 box - if it were hardware I'd expect problems in Blender or my 2D Photo editing software too, not to mention just navigating around Windows itself.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,758
    marble said:
    marble said:

I have a wireless mouse, a Microsoft TrackBall mouse and a new SteelSeries corded mouse and I have tried them all. Also, I was never aware of this problem until the latest update. Perhaps we are describing different issues or there are multiple causes for the same issue. Again, I have no mouse problems in any of the other software on my Windows 10 box - if it were hardware I'd expect problems in Blender or my 2D Photo editing software too, not to mention just navigating around Windows itself.

Allright, just tried to help. So, yes. different issues. ;-)

...that's not good if NewTek's tech support is that bad.  Crikey you pay 1,000$ for their software and get lousy support like that. It's a wonder they are still in business.

As to the matter at hand, It does sound like a conflict between the current Beta and W10 as I am running ver .123 on W7, and don't have this issue. 

marble said:
    marble said:

Allright, just tried to help. So, yes. different issues. ;-)

Sorry if I came across a bit snippy. Wasn't intended and thanks for your suggestion.

• Can we get a new Public Build please

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I imagine that one will come along when it is available,  after all don't they say that "Ah, all things come to those who wait"   as used by Violet Fane in her poem  Tout vient ß qui sait attendre.

edited January 2018

I wondered whether this thread was describing the same (or a related) issue: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/152156/jumping-viewport-problem-is-driving-me-insane-gifs-of-the-issue-included/p1

However, I did post in that thread months ago and I obviously thought it was a somewhat different problem then (long before 4.10). The one I described at the time had to do with a kind of lag or even movement in the opposite direction when posing body parts using the parameter sliders. I think that is more to do with the number of polygons than with mouse control but I'm a little confused by all the similar issues relating to the viewport.

Post edited by marble on
  • RFB532RFB532 Posts: 94

Can we get a new Public Build please

I second that! A new build is desperately needed to fix the endless issues that Daz currently has.

• RFB532RFB532 Posts: 94
    jtbethel said:

@jason.lin22

@kyoto kid

@marble @cm152335 @jtbethel

Here is the thread regarding the Jumping Viewport issue. Disappointedly there is currently no fix available or any word that it will be fixed.

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758
    edited February 2018

Just dropped-in to see if Titan-V (Volta) support was in this release yet... I assume not.

Daz3D has had the viewport/camera/movement glitch for as long as I have used it. It kills me when I use viewport and not a camera, because you can't "UNDO" the viewport motions, for some odd reason. (The viewport should be a functional control object. Instead, it is a hard-coded "nothing", that is only modified through GUI manipulation.)

The issue can be reproduced, with ease, by doing the following...

1: Select any GUI button/slider/tab etc... (Anything that isn't in the viewport.)

2: Now try to use the viewport GUI manipulation tools... (The top-right side of the viewport. Move, zoom, pan, rotate)

You should see, as soon as your mouse clicks, the object/view shoot around to some new position, though you have not moved the mouse at all. Almost like there is some kind of invisible overlay capturing the mouse-click and spitting-out 0,0 for X,Y mouse position, just before the actual mouse X,Y positions get used.

Repeat 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2... until you see your view/selected-object spin out of control, to some random location, instead of casually moving from the current position, to the one you are attempting to manipulate it to. (It is sort-of random, but not... Depends on the tool and orientation, as to where the "jump" will go. It tends to favor bottom-right values. Hard to explain, but you will see when you see it.)

It does this with the bone manipulation and kinetic movement too. Even the sliders, on occasion.

If it doesn't happen to you, please, let us know what setup you have. It has happened on Win XP/7/8/8.1/10 (both 32/64-bit) for me, since Daz 3, I think... I don't remember my first Daz version. (Mouse hardware has had no impact. I kill a lot of mice... Tried all kinds.) I just always assumed it was the whole "gimbal-lock" XYZ conversion to "quantinary" WXYZ glitch, as is found everywhere in Daz.

This is why I hate that Daz doesn't have a keyboard shortcut for UNDO, and why I hate the selective UNDO system that doesn't undo every action... It only undoes select things that they think are important to remember, to forget.

Another odd glitch is the use of the movement tool (onscreen XYZ tool arrows)... It shows movement of xxx-units, but the model isn't moving... then when it starts moving, the numbers keep changing, making the display of the incorrect values irrelevant to even show. Like there is some kind of dead-zone of "do not move", then it shoots beyond any value, making precision movement impossible.

Same glitch, in reverse... It moves the object, but shows no numbers... Or it does, going forward, but going backwards, they go from 32mm, 31mm, 3, 3, ---, ---, ---, 2, ---, ---, --- (--- = nothing displayed) or it just shows the incorrect value, seen by moving back to 0 and it is some +/- number... (Again, useless for any precision or specific placement moving.)

EDIT: Keyboard UNDO works... when did they fix that? lol... (Still doesn't undo every action though.)

Post edited by JD_Mortal on
  • brettnucklesbrettnuckles Posts: 86
    edited February 2018

I'm the one who originally posted this thread about the jumping viewport issue: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/152156/jumping-viewport-problem-is-driving-me-insane-gifs-of-the-issue-included/p1

I actually took a long hiatus from Daz altogether in the past 6 months because this issue is so infuriating. Recently came back to the program and I'm trying to use it but the bug persists as bad as ever. Was pretty surprised to see that there is chatter about this issue on this forum lately. I'm basically just praying that Daz takes notice of this issue and looks for a fix because NO amount of tweaking my hardware, software or settings has ever been able to help. I've done a fresh install of the entire Windows 10 64-bit operating system and installed ONLY Daz and the issue is still there. And it has been happening since I started using Daz with version 4.9. So it is NOT a problem specific to Daz 4.10 or a more recent Windows 10 operating system update, though those updates certainly may have triggered the bug for some other people. It's not a problem with my mouse or keyboard by the way because the issue persists over testing with three mice and two different keyboards all by different manufacturers.

It even happens when there's literally NOTHING in my Daz scene, just an empty viewport -- I click to pan or orbit my view and the whole scene jumps to a different perspective. And by the way, it happens for me whether I'm navigating the viewport with the scene navigator pane, the icon controls in the top right corner fo the viewport, the rotating cube, or just the Alt+mouse button controls.

If you haven't seen the example gifs I made to show off the issue here they are:

http://i.imgur.com/JAkPFPc.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/eu1fhKH.gif

To be honest it makes me kind of motion sick because it's so visually jarring. Oy.

Post edited by brettnuckles on
  • I am now using the "Hold, then move" trick, to stop it from doing that, so often.

I think it has to do with reading the mouse-buffer. I am not sure if they are using "Direct-input" or something, but that initial value from the mouse-buffer just needs to be discarded. Even if it is a correct value, one value wouldn't be missed. But when it is that odd screen location (top-left 1/3 segment of the screen), it is throwing the motion into chaos.

Taking note, that the location is the same "Ratio" on 1080p, and 4K resolution, so it is not a "fixed value" that it jumps to. (When you see the mouse jump/hide to the top-left side of the screen.)

• brettnucklesbrettnuckles Posts: 86
    edited February 2018

Just wanted to point out to people in this thread that I basically found a way to "fix" the viewport jumping issue. It's a very simple AutoHotkey script. Check out my original thread (first post) for the details. Hope this helps everyone who has been suffering with this problem. I can't describe how nice it's been to work in Daz for the past week and not ONCE see the jumping viewport, after dealing with it as a constant issue for the past year. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/152156/jumping-viewport-problem-is-driving-me-insane-solved-fix-on-page-1/p1

Post edited by brettnuckles on

...so did something change with between 4.9 and 4.10 with regards to older hair fits?  I was trying to apply some Genesis 1 hair content to a G2F figure and instead of getting the usual pop up for autofit, I get a pane that appears which says "Select Which Item to fit to" and only lists "None" as the choice.  I don't remember this happening in 4.8 or 4.9 and makes me wonder if there is some backwards compatibility issue I am running into.  This doesn't occur for all Genesis 1 hair content just some, and is seemingly random as to which ones.

• Exactly what do you have in the scene, and what do you have selected?