Which DAZ Genesis 8 M/F characters are the most realistic/beautiful?

Pretty self explanitory.. I'm planning on buying a new male and female to add to my collection and I'm hoping to find the most realistic ones currently on the market for Genesis 8 male and female characters...  I'm looking to make a supermodel couple, so I'm also looking for beauty along side realism.  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

So you're asking others what they think of as "realistic and beautiful"?

Isn't that normally well in the eye of the beholder?

For example, most of the females in the post from Divamakeup aren't beautiful for me, as my personal taste is probably different than Divamakeup's.

Maybe You should just look for figures that YOU think are beautiful? Or check google for scientific research results about what is supposed to be beautiful, depending on quite a few different baselines - like from where the person that defines "beautiful" comes from. America, Asia, Europe, Africa, the Mars... tastes are different I think wink

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited January 2018

Pretty self explanitory.. I'm planning on buying a new male and female to add to my collection and I'm hoping to find the most realistic ones currently on the market for Genesis 8 male and female characters...  I'm looking to make a supermodel couple, so I'm also looking for beauty along side realism.  Thanks in advance.

I'm not even going to bother giving my opinion...expect as many different figures as you get answers ;). It's very difficult for someone to give you an answer that will suit you in this case. YOU are the only one that can decide what figures are the most beautiful to YOU. Any opinion anyone else gives will be moot.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • If you see any characters you like, you can always check out the artist's store for more characters, too. I personally like Raiya's and Saiyaness's characters a lot. 

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited January 2018
    I'm also going to say anything from Raiya and Saiyaness. People are going to tell you "realism is subjective" but it really isn't and you are going to see these two come up a lot as the thread continues. Raiya makes her characters 100% from photos without merchant resource bases, she even includes new eyelash and eye geometry and fibermesh addons with the latest characters, and it shows. I don't know how Saiyaness does it but her characters also have extremely detailed skin and morphs that look distinctive - like real people, and she includes morphs to make the eyes more realistic. It's the little details. I would also add Redzstudio. Their characters too include fiber mesh addons and eye realism morphs.
    Post edited by agent unawares on
  • I'm also going to say anything from Raiya and Saiyaness. People are going to tell you "realism is subjective" but it really isn't and you are going to see these two come up a lot as the thread continues. Raiya makes her characters 100% from photos without merchant resource bases, she even includes new eyelash and eye geometry and fibermesh addons with the latest characters, and it shows. I don't know how Saiyaness does it but her characters also have extremely detailed skin and morphs that look distinctive - like real people, and she includes morphs to make the eyes more realistic. It's the little details. I would also add Redzstudio. Their characters too include fiber mesh addons and eye realism morphs.

I was just thinking I left out Redz...yup, another great artist.

• Also, the flagship characters are legitimately nothing to scoff at when it comes to fantastic skin. You just will probably want to use other morphs (and in the case of needing other morphs I would absolutely recommend FW characters, the skin tends to be lacking compared to Raiya etcetera but they are inexpensive and the morphs are superb for getting pretty people quick).
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,693

As far as females my personal opinion is Mousso's Delilah and Delaney and Addy's Pepper.  I don't find any of the G8 Males attractive so am making my own... I would suggest getting as many morphs as possible for both figures so you can create your own beauty laugh

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited January 2018

I think Darius 8 is the most realistic.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Lucas 8 and Stephanie 8.
  • HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437

I also vote Darius 8 as the most realistic. 

Maybe Monique 8 for female character, but it’s not always as obvious to me as with the male characters.

• So you're asking others what they think of as "realistic and beautiful"?

Isn't that normally well in the eye of the beholder?

For example, most of the females in the post from Divamakeup aren't beautiful for me, as my personal taste is probably different than Divamakeup's.

Maybe You should just look for figures that YOU think are beautiful? Or check google for scientific research results about what is supposed to be beautiful, depending on quite a few different baselines - like from where the person that defines "beautiful" comes from. America, Asia, Europe, Africa, the Mars... tastes are different I think wink

It is absolutely the 'eye of the beholder' but some products are simply better than others and when your looking for ones that "Stand Out" above the rest, it's helpful to turn to the professionals and take a broad sampling...

If we were talking about V4 characters, I know of two or three products that almost always pop up because they do "Pop"... If somebody really believes they know the product that will fit my criteria they would most likely make a render and show me.. that in the end will save me having having to buy products that I don't really have room for on my hard drive anyways.. so I think getting outside opinions is always infinately valuable to the community at large and not just for myself..

I think it also has the added value of inspiring other people to want to create the products that are recommended by the customers.

So far, I've seen some really great suggestions and its working out nicely.  Wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts besides....  Which ones are the 'most beautiful/realistic'...

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited January 2018

I think at the moment to give you an idea of my particular taste.. my current favorote Male for realism is a character called, "Dan" by Phoenix1966.  Let me know what you think is yours....  I'm still trying to figure out which Gen 8 lady is the most realistic/beautiful ...

dan2b.jpg
    1288 x 575 - 468K
    Post edited by SnowPheonix on
  • SoundLufsSoundLufs Posts: 67
    edited January 2018

Edited---- Sorry I didn`t notice you mention having a collection already, and looking for Gen8 in particular.

I still think that figure generation doesn`t mean the pic will end up better or worse in terms of realism, as I still have my best looking pics done with G2 for example. It depends on several factors, but mostly on your skills with Iray shader (here the skin tools come handy) and your lights, which is a huge topic on its own.

Post edited by SoundLufs on
  • SoundLufs said:

Edited---- Sorry I didn`t notice you mention having a collection already, and looking for Gen8 in particular.

I still think that figure generation doesn`t mean the pic will end up better or worse in terms of realism, as I still have my best looking pics done with G2 for example. It depends on several factors, but mostly on your skills with Iray shader (here the skin tools come handy) and your lights, which is a huge topic on its own.

While you are absolutely correct in what you are saying about Genesis 2, you can make absolutely brilliant looking renders that are totally passible for realistic... but until you've seen the added creative power that you get by having power posing and 'articulation' of the new characters mean that you can now reproduce more intricate expressions and makes personalizing that you could never get from the older characters... at least not with this much accuracy.  

Fortunately with the updates you can keep most of your wardrobe, hair... from older models too.. out of the box from what I remember.

wheeliegirl34g.jpg
    1288 x 575 - 549K
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I was looking at this earlier: https://www.daz3d.com/hotaru-for-sakura-8 The character is great, but not human; are you looking for human? I presume so.

Raiya, Saiyaness and Lyoness are all PAs I have bought from and will continue to do so. DarwinsMishap always produces remarkable characters, although they can sometimes be a little away from the norm, but that is what makes them appealing; not all are in a style I use, but I still find them so interesting.

Only you can decide what is beautiful. Doesn't matter how popular, or how well a product is selling, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

• nicstt said:

I was looking at this earlier: https://www.daz3d.com/hotaru-for-sakura-8 The character is great, but not human; are you looking for human? I presume so.

Raiya, Saiyaness and Lyoness are all PAs I have bought from and will continue to do so. DarwinsMishap always produces remarkable characters, although they can sometimes be a little away from the norm, but that is what makes them appealing; not all are in a style I use, but I still find them so interesting.

Only you can decide what is beautiful. Doesn't matter how popular, or how well a product is selling, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

I, myself, am a little away from the norm....

XD Thank you for that! I know my characters tend to follow my odd little drummer rather moreso than others, but I am glad they are at the very least interesting. :) 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@darwinsmishap   Well, you also offer SO many options, like three different brows to choose from, and multiple makeup options for the men. Your characters HAVE character!  Kudos.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

I must admit, that there isn't any real "wow, that model is beautiful" figure for me. It's more like "Wow, that looks like the perfect base to start using morph sliders on..." devil

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited January 2018

That's very much about tastes, to show my precedent tastes first:

My favorite G7 male character are from DarwinMishaps, my 1st would be Damen, followed by Iain, and Ahmad. I am awaiting for his take on more G8 with the same style.

My favorite G7 Female are from chevybabe, my 1st would be Aibell followed by Draupadi and VIncenzina. I am awaiting for her/his take on more G8 with the same style.

all vyktoria G7 characters are very a must have G7 too. I bought almost all from her instead the Daz G7 pro bundles.

Now going toy answer our question:

I bought ALL G8 pro bundles released, and the most realistic and beautiful of females tor me are 1st Aisling for Charlotte, 2nd FW Laverne HD for Monique 8, 3rd Monique, 4th BD Jayde for Teen Josie 8, 5th Charlotte, 6th Xanthe for Stephanie 8, 7th Pei and Petit Suit for genesis 8, 8th Alondra for Monique 8,  9th FW Marieke HD for Charlotte 8 , 10th Hyuna for genesis 8, 11th Kim for genesis 8. 12th FWHP Eris HD for Genesis 8 Female. 13th BD Corsen for Victoria 8, 14th FWSA Lavana HD for Stephanie 8, 15th VYK Raine for Genesis 8 Female, 16th FWSA Elizabeth HD for Victoria 8

for G8 males I would say the 1st is Alexander for Darius 8,  2nd Tyrone for Darius 8, 3rd Darius 8, 4th FWSA Nick HD for Owen 8, 5th Giuseppe for Lucas 8, 6th FWSA Gunner HD for Lucas 8, 7th Lucas 8, 8th Owen 8, 9th FW Kasper HD for Owen 8, 10th Chance for Owen 8, 11th Ren for Genesis 3 Male and Genesis 8 Male, 12th FW Quinton HD for Michael 8, 13th FWSA Zander HD for Michael 8, 14th EJ Hiroshi and Masao for Genesis 8 Male.

Special mention for this G8 pack of male morphs https://www.daz3d.com/m3d-dalton-hd-for-genesis-8-male that's the best G8 male characters pack  for realism and doing renders without porcelain male models.

Overall, the better G8 pro bundle is Charlotte and Monique oand the third would be Stephanie, on that order. On males it is Darius and Owen and the third would be Lucas, on that order.

For everyday very action centered renders I would pick gothic pale light skin and asian women from the bottom of my female list, similar gothic and asian handsome guys if I have or the 3d dalton hd for genesis 8 male.from the bottom of my male list.

The top beautiies of my lists deserves more quiet, romanceable and dramatic hearthbreaking stories, because realistic top beauty helps to not fall in boredom when all slow pacing.

Post edited by Tanis Volta on
  • For me, genesis 8 is a downgrade in term of beauty, all of them have pretty big lips. They either look like a dude or a scary doll. I'm still using Natsuko and Irelia.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

This same question about G8 characters was asked not too long ago and my favorite remains Elizabeth for Victoria 8 but I have now bought G8 males too and my favorite is Lucus 8. I almost would have picked Tyrone for Darius 8 (both regular and albino) as for most renders he and his hair are great quality but for nude render there is visible seam when he has anatomical elements attached. I've written a ticket and they gave me a solution of uninstalling and reinstalling my G8 content that worked all of one render before the problem returned. Its not that frustrating since it was only a test render but you have to evaluate and rate a product from head to toe and that one has a problem.  My tests with Lucas 8 & Michael 8 no longer have this problem after the DAZ 3D suggested remedy.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

beauty is in the eye of the beholder

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

I tend to think the 3d females  look alike to me... And somewhat toony in general.  I use only the base skins from characters and dial my own figures. I'd say most of the gen 8 male and female line have good base skins. A good morph set will allow you to dial what you personally find attractive. For me- it is usually not the same thing others think of as good-looking.

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited January 2018

This same question about G8 characters was asked not too long ago and my favorite remains Elizabeth for Victoria 8 but I have now bought G8 males too and my favorite is Lucus 8. I almost would have picked Tyrone for Darius 8 (both regular and albino) as for most renders he and his hair are great quality but for nude render there is visible seam when he has anatomical elements attached. I've written a ticket and they gave me a solution of uninstalling and reinstalling my G8 content that worked all of one render before the problem returned. Its not that frustrating since it was only a test render but you have to evaluate and rate a product from head to toe and that one has a problem.  My tests with Lucas 8 & Michael 8 no longer have this problem after the DAZ 3D suggested remedy.

I look at Elizabeth and I see a character whose skin is cartoonish and lacking any sign of realism.. no sign of pours, hairs, veins or any real details..   it's a beautifully shaped morph in a really generic rapper...  to me personally, I want to be able to zoom in on that character and see something that already has details built into it that make it looks real.

If Elizabeth is really that good then, see if you can do a close up and let's see how real she is because the promo pictures just aren't impressing me... What am I missing?

dan5.jpg
    1288 x 575 - 451K
    Post edited by SnowPheonix on
  • TynkereTynkere Posts: 832
    edited January 2018
    Mistara said:

beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Indeed, but I think he said realistic.   Maybe that's subjective too because he wanted for super model couple?

Anyway, my two cents as a beginner who can use them quickly with a minimum of tweaking.

Victoria 8

Monique 8

Stephanie 8  (She looks a little jaundiced, but is probably average height.  Adjust weight as needed?) 

I missed out on Charlotte.  Killisto is cool, but I have to dial down super pin-up body.  ; )

---
    Males are more difficult for me because they all look to have had wax jobs.  : 0 !

FWSA Gunner (for Lucas 8)

Owen 8 (quickly becoming a favorite)

Faber's Garret (for M8)

I couldn't fit Milo (for Lucas 8) into top 3 but he is my favorite 'go to' guy if I want a male actor who isn't Mr. hardbody.  Goes well with Stephie, but he needs face morphs & think OP wanted straight out of box.

Quick compare render since I had nothing else to do laugh

Victoria 8,  Monique 8, Stephanie 8

FWSA Gunner for Lucas 8, Owen 8, Faber's Garrett for M8

Post edited by Tynkere on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited January 2018

I look at Elizabeth and I see a character whose skin is cartoonish and lacking any sign of realism.. no sign of pours, hairs, veins or any real details..   it's a beautifully shaped morph in a really generic rapper...  to me personally, I want to be able to zoom in on that character and see something that already has details built into it that make it looks real.

If Elizabeth is really that good then, see if you can do a close up and let's see how real she is because the promo pictures just aren't impressing me... What am I missing?

I don't see such things. All the models look good and realistic but I favored the ones that give me the more character creation flexibility as purchased and that is Elizabeth for Victoria 8, Lucas 8, and Tyrone for Darius 8 andf the G8 DO morph packages for head, body & expressions. I don't look for 'wow the model looks real' when I buy it. I like it or I don't and I see flexbility in it or I don't. I only buy the specifically realistic when I want to create a specifically realistic render. For example, I have Michael 8 and he is very, very realistic and looks like John Travolta. For my general purposes the realism is impressive but he is too realistically like John Travolta in looks. In Elizabeth (although I think Elizabeth is actually based on Elizabeth Taylor in her National Velvet - Cat on a Hot Tin Roof period), I see a reasonable 3D model that looks good in renders and is a good basis for other characters too using morphs and LIE or other texture sets. She can be made to look more realistic if it is wanted as supplied on purchase but for me a nice classic artistic and meticulously painted look is nice also.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
This discussion has been closed.