Sheer Greatness Render Competition - Closing Date 16th May(extended)

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited December 1969

Another one from me...
    Title: Dancer
    Used Pantyhose and Sheer Greatness lace shaders on the pantyhose, top and skirt.

Dancer.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 351K
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited May 2013

"And as the suspect's hat and jacket flew away in the wind, TWO surprising secrets of the unstoppable cat burglar who'd terrorized London suddenly became quite shockingly... and in one case, literally... clear."

Edit: Hose and panties are both SheerGreatness, the latter using the Sheerly Great add-on, matched to the Boudoir Whispers bra for V4. Shoes are from B25's SIlky Dress, color matched with Leatherize, Coat is V4 Buccaneer, jeweled necklaces from Genesis Priestess and a variety of other Daz and freebie products, head bandages are by Evil Innocence, glasses are from Steampunk Wilde, gloves from WIlmap's riding outfit and the Bowler Hat came from Poserworld, along with Constable for M4 uniforms (adapted to Genesis, and with the addition of the Short Order cook's shoes.) The setting is Predatron's By Lamplight, shot with Age of Armour's Atmospheric camera.

invisible_cat_burglar_SM.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 628K
    Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited December 1969

And I'll add this one here too... believe it or not, I'd completely missed the fact that you had a contest running. :ohh:

stocking_test_1_SM.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 882K
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 1969

Title: Damsel in Distress

Sheer Greatness hose used with one of the "Having Fun 02" shader applied. The MFD expansion parts, slippers, and lace portions of Miss Fisher's fabulous dress use the lace shaders from the sheer greatness set. Not part of the contest but the other shader used on the dress is velvety goodness.

Damsel-in-Distress-Final-forum-A1A1d.jpg
    899 x 1100 - 840K
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    While not the most original usage, I liked this image a lot, and I did use the shaders on the goddesses outfit, so...here it is!

GIS Vulpine Goddess

-- Morgan

GIS_Vulpine_Goddess.jpg
    1895 x 2000 - 949K
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

okay I'm still playing...

|:| The Ugly Gosling |:|

The water, land, grass, color of butterfly wings and its body all use the sheer greatness lace shaders with some keeping the original diffuse texture to maintain object likeness.

!TheUglyGosling.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 494K
  • JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    I hope this qualifies; the girl on the right is wearing the shader to make a mesh shirt, and the girl on the left is wearing the shader to make a translucent pareo skirt.

I love this shader... I'm tempted to make a badminton or tennis net with it. ;) !

-- Morgan
    [edit: Minor postwork to composite the blue sky in, and signing it.]

This is my personal favorite so far. Great composition and posing overall. Good luck.
    edited May 2013

I was experimenting with ways to make the shaders give me a metalic mesh and ended up with two very different looks: a translucent material with embeded mesha and a more traditional metalic-ish net fabric. So, how to show them both off? The first thing that came to mind was "Doc Savage, of course," but Doc would look a little weird in hose, and while Monk was game, the rest of the Amazing Five declined the offer to pose... so here's Doc's cousin Pat instead. :cheese:

Tech notes: Both the shirt and leggings are Sheer Greatness, the former using a heavily tweaked version of the standalone shader and the latter being Zev's "stock" torn leggings with altered surface materials. Also used a variety of metal and kevlar textures from the Hardcore utility bundle, and the supersuit is in there as an improvised geometry shell to keep the pants, belt, tackle, holsters, leggings and shirt from having an epic poke-through-a-ganza.

Pat_S_SM.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 978K
    edited May 2013

I don't normally do this, but once I saw how the first version of the Pat Savage render looked on the forums, I really didn't think it captured the James Bama-esque feel of the old paperback covers that I'd been going for. So, here's the same pic again, after a couple of tweaks to pop the colors and give it a more painterly feel. I'm curious as to which one people prefer, as this one's definitely less "realistic," but it feels much more dynamic to me.

Oh, and while I mentioned the shaders above, I never credited the items used in these renders, so.... the pants are from Sarsa and Xena's Magus, the shirt is actually the undershirt from Bobbie 25 & Sarsa's Scifi Candy, the boots and gloves came from Bugzlife's Aqua Gear for AIko 3 (at Rendo,) the guns and tackle are from Blackhearted's (discontinued) Irina the Adventuress, and the setting is part of Predatron's Rocky Outcrop.

Pat_S_SM_V2.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 925K
    edited December 1969

I created the following image for my Dreamslayer Surreal Sunday gallery. The image was created using DS4.5 Pro, PSP XI, and Fotosketch.

I used the sheer greatness hosiery, as a pair of leggings. And the lace and fishnet shaders are used in this image on all the clothing and boots worn by the genesis character. The floor uses the lace shader. There is also a lace shader used on the ragdoll's clothing cuffs and the vase handles.

|:| A Playground In My Mind |:|

StickGuy.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 462K
    edited December 1969

okay, here's one more... this one uses the sheerly great stockings with the sheer greatness hosiery

|:| BFFootsies |:|

The girls are sharing their innermost thoughts.

bff.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 300K
  • none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

What to do when you realize that your not a very good Garibaldi hair stylist - yoga.

woodbend-10h22.jpg
    600 x 800 - 185K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited May 2013

One more, just for the heck of it.

Sheer Greatness shaders on almost everything. Lace shader used on the curtain backdrop, with a geometry shell overlay and then the sheer shader with its own sparkles applied to that. Geometry shell over the lip poster, with the sheer shader on that. Geometry shell with the sheer shader on the stage floor. Red Rabbit dress with Fisty's Sparkles shader, then a geometry shell with the Sheer Greatness fishnets over that. The stockings/pantyhose were used, with the fishnets for the body, and then a band of the lace for the top.

And the sheer shader also provided the lipstick.

derektreyF5-rockstage-03-07-logo.png
    1392 x 866 - 2M
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • drinkingbuddydrinkingbuddy Posts: 350
    edited December 1969

Heck, I'll play for the fun of it.

Sce21-Sub1enr.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 525K
  • DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 490
    edited December 1969

Just starting to play around with these products. They all seem great and look as if they have lots of possibilities.

I call it, "Grandma!"

Sheer_greatness_contest1_DS.jpg
    1584 x 755 - 232K
  • DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 490
    edited December 1969

I bought stuff from 3d universe the other day when they were 60% off, plus the $5 cinco de mayo sale, great deal. Here is my first use of them and sheer.

Sheergreatness_Contest2aa.png
    1318 x 755 - 2M
    edited May 2013

“Frankly sir, the other scientists and I all agree that our ‘capture, probe and release’ program of these humans would proceed MUCH more quickly if you wouldn’t permit Dr. Wonkalouo to indulge in his, er... eccentricities.”

Man, this one was crazy. I've literally lost track of how many times I used the Sheer Greatness Shader in this image, and unfortunately, a lot of them are hard to see at forum resolutions, so I'll probably come back and post some closeups of the individual costume tomorrow once I've had a chance to go back and reanalyze what I did.

IN the meantime, here's what I remember using. starting from the top of the frame:

The Light panels in ceiling are supersuit blue glow shader with the Sheer Greatness Fishnet shader applied over the top.

Then, on the characters, from L to R,

Alien 1 – his undersuit has one application of a SGShader, the silver and green headwrap has 2 different textures over a metallic base, while there are 3 different variations of the shader on the surgical gown (which is actually the Short Order cook’s apron, and I even used the SGS shader on the eyes, over the blue glow shader for the supersuit again.

Aliens 2 & 3 – Same eyes and Undersuit shaders as on alien one, plus now there are arm and leg wraps that use different SG fishnet shader mixces which were applied over invisible Supersuits so that the shader would seem to stretch naturally across gaps rather than hug every contour like saran wrap,), and finally, there’s a very fine mesh applied to some parts of the holster/arm guards, the net part of which is practically invisible for the most part, though you can see the optical effect is causes.(and, needless to say, all of that goes X 2 for 2 aliens.) Can't remember if I did anything to the commander's hat.

Girl 1 – Nothing on this one (obviously)

Alien 4 – same combo of shaders and garments used on Alien 1 again,with the addition of the same arm and leg wraps as on 3 & 4)

Alien 5 - Same undersuit, legwraps and armwraps on the uniforms, under a lab jacket with 2 more shader apps, eyes, another layer on the “hat,” which is actually the gummi from Liquid Halo for Genesis..

Alien 6 – Sheer Greatness with a Sheerly Greatpanty hose texture by Forbidden Whispers, eyes The effect of the runs in the stocking was a happy accident.

Girl 2 - she's also wearing the Sheer Greatness hose with another FW Sheerly Great panty hose texture

Other shaders used came from the supersuit bundle, hardcore utility shaders, DLD high gloss metallic shaders, Fabricator & Mach Pack.

Frankly,_commander_FINAL_SM.jpg
    2000 x 1414 - 960K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    edited December 1969

I suddenly had a problem with the shaders not rendering this morning - they were working fine yesterday.
    I decided to reinstall them I unistalled and redownloaded the files but it appears that the nets textures are missing from the downloads the lace is there but not the net.
    I've cleared my cache downloaded again, tried this a couple of times, but the textures are still missing, I have another entry waiting to be rendered but it needs the nets.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

I suddenly had a problem with the shaders not rendering this morning - they were working fine yesterday.
    I decided to reinstall them I unistalled and redownloaded the files but it appears that the nets textures are missing from the downloads the lace is there but not the net.
    I've cleared my cache downloaded again, tried this a couple of times, but the textures are still missing, I have another entry waiting to be rendered but it needs the nets.

Just installed the Sheer Greatness u[date via DM and it has happened to me, a scene I have been developing now cannpt find any of the net materials.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

I will see what is going on.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

"Teal Empress"

Sheer Greatness - Zev0, DraagonStorm
    Aiko 5 - Daz
    Azumi - Raiya
    Genesis Head Morph Resource Kits - Thorne, Handspan Studios
    Cat Hair - Valea
    Pale Shadows - midnight_stories (Sheer Greatness shaders)
    Onyx for Genesis Female (Boots) - Ravenhair (Sheer Greatness shaders on zipper pull and bow)
    Anarane - Nouschka Design
    Curtain - Daz (old freestuff) (Sheer Greatness shader)
    Songbird ReMix: European Edition - Ken Gilliland
    Rainbow Skies - Kerya (freestuff)

TealEmpress.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 334K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

I will see what is going on.

Also looks like the entries under Shaders> Fabric have disappeared! :(

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited May 2013

Also looks like the entries under Shaders> Fabric have disappeared! :(

I didn't update anything - I have:

...\Shaders\Sheer Greatness
    with !Sheer Greatness Shader.dsa and Reset Opacity.duf
    and two subfolders
    Shaders\Sheer Greatness\Fishnets with 60 png and Sheer Greatness Nets.dsa
    Shaders\Sheer Greatness\Lace with 99 png and Sheer Greatness Lace.dsa

and the folder for the Pantyhose
    ...People\Genesis\Clothing\Sheer Greatness
    with SG Pantyhose.duf
    and two subfolders
    People\Genesis\Clothing\Sheer Greatness\Zone Presets (28 files)
    People\Genesis\Clothing\Sheer Greatness\Shaders with two subfolders Base Colors (28 files) and Having Fun (20 files).

Does this help?
    Because I never had Shaders/Fabric

Post edited by Kerya on
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

I am also having weirdness. I purchased and installed Sheer Greatness today. The stockings and surface materials for the stockings are present, but there is NO \Shaders\Sheer Greatness\ folder. I installed using both the Daz Installer utility and by manual downlad/install. NEITHER had the utility. Perhaps there was an update and these files were left out? I went into the zip folder that the Daz Install Manager uses, and there is no \Shaders\Sheer Greatness\ folder in it!

edited December 1969

There was an update and it looks as if half the product was left out of the installer.

edited December 1969

There was an update and it looks as if half the product was left out of the installer.

Yes. Since I purchased after the update, I only seem to have half the files. Lol, this is going to make it hard to enter the contest before tomorrow!

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

ya,, there must be some mistake,,:roll:

I felt strange why DIM up-date this product,, but up-date installer,,
    and I have not tried before ,, so today I use it,,, (there seems so many material presets,, I love,,)
    and get erroer texture missing. as Kerya mentioned.

I check DIM zip and , read me too. but
    there is not "Net" directory in runtime/texture/dragon storm/Sheer Greatness "lace" only.

hope dragon storm notice this problem .:)

missingtexture.JPG
    909 x 288 - 42K
    edited December 1969

ya,, there must be some mistake,,:roll:

I felt strange why DIM up-date this product,, but up-date installer,,
    and I have not tried before ,, so today I use it,,, (there seems so many material presets,, I love,,)
    and get erroer texture missing. as Kerya mentioned.

I check DIM zip and , read me too. but
    there is not "Net" directory in runtime/texture/dragon storm/Sheer Greatness "lace" only.

hope dragon storm notice this problem .:)

I have been told that DAZ is fixing it and an update should be available in a few hours. You can see from the file structure from the DIM zip file that the entire shaders/sheer greatness folder is missing.

sheergreatness.jpg
    606 x 450 - 119K
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately a 'few hours' will be too late for me to complete my render.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Huh; noticed this last night, and looked for a long time for the files, and couldn't find them. No more entries planned, but I was curious what happened.

I'll update in a bit and see.

-- Morgan