Sheer Greatness Render Competition - Closing Date 16th May(extended)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited December 1969

Daz is on it..should be updated later today..Sorry bout this. I have no idea why the installers broke when they were fine the first time they were uploaded lol.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Due to the numerous times this sort of thing seems to happening I would hazard a guess that someone in the department is not up to the job and requires more training.
    Unfortunately as I'm in the UK later tonight will mean early tomorrow morning for me so I won't get my last render completed on time for the end of your competition.

edited May 2013

Due to this issue I will extend the deadline by another day...Closing date is now the 16th:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately a 'few hours' will be too late for me to complete my render.

Agreed. Perhaps they will extend the deadline by a day?

edited December 1969

read above:)

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    read above:)

Thank you! Still haven't seen that update though...

edited May 2013

Just got word it should be ready in an hour..

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Just got word it should be ready in an hour..

Got it! Just downloading now.

edited December 1969

Cool. Was just going to post saying it just went live LOL.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,804
    edited December 1969

So what was the original update supposed to do before it got broken? What needed updating? The readme doesn't mention it at all.

• NedKellyNedKelly Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Couldn't decide which of these to enter so I figured I'd just put them both in. The artist's studio one is my personal favorite but it didn't showcase the product very well. Please feel free to critique these as I am fairly new to DAZ and all input is welcomed.

reflecting-yoo.jpg
    1024 x 683 - 199K
    painting2.jpg
    1024 x 683 - 580K
    edited May 2013

Title: Holy Vengeance
    Used Sheer Greatness stockings and Sheer Greatness shaders on curtains, skirt, and carpet.
    Also used Cilea Genesis (esha), Griffin Wings (midnight_stories), Sacrament (Jack Tomalin), Love Poison (Fabi & Ilona), Nybras (DAZ3D), and Sea Nymph Hair (Valea)

This was fun!! I hope I can finish another before tomorrow. The shader script is SO COOL!!

HolyVengeance1.jpg
    2000 x 1694 - 406K
    Post edited by Karibou on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

“Suddenly it was clear. All the ones missing in the wash. The ones she’d been sure she’d left out to be mended. They’d all been waiting! And now, thanks to her own treacherous support hose, Clara wouldn’t be warning anyone!”

And something slightly different again. The SG hose using a mix of SG and other shaders, mostly Fabricator and the Argyle from Mach Pack. They play together quite nicely. (Also used Zev's Breasts and Glute morphs, shameless plug!)

Socks_SM.jpg
    1952 x 2000 - 1021K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Cybersox: LOL!!!
    (is that Cybersocks for this thread?)

edited May 2013

vwrangler said:
    So what was the original update supposed to do before it got broken? What needed updating? The readme doesn't mention it at all.

Nothing on the product changed. The new DM installer was just corrupted.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Yay, got my Shaders back :)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Thank you for extending the deadline.
    I used the leggings and the shaders on the jacket and the balls just removed the opacity maps and increased the bump maps a bit for the jacket.

limeclown1.jpg
    848 x 1199 - 483K
    edited May 2013

Kerya said:
    Cybersox: LOL!!!
    (is that Cybersocks for this thread?)

Glad you liked it. :) That was actually the very first idea I had when I found out about this contest, but it took a while and a bunch of different concepts and renders to find exactly the right angle and poses to make it work... it's surprisingly hard to make a sock seem menacing. Fortunately Sheer Greatness renders on the inside of the object as well as the outside, so I could lean them ominously towards the girl and see up into the empty tubes, which helps a lot, and then the girl's pose, condition and reactions hopefully sells the rest of it.

Edit: Oh, and Zev? One thing that could have made this much better is if I'd had access to your upcoming toe morphs. I need those morphs man, seriously.

And the official title of this piece? Soles of the Damned. I have no shame. :blank:

Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited December 1969

GAAAHHH!!! There's another problem somewhere with an update or an original file or SOMETHING.

I've installed the files in this order:
    1) Sheer Greatness
    2) Sheerly Great
    3) Sheer Leggings

The sheer greatness pantyhose work fine with the base textures from Sheer Greatness and from the Sheerly Great addon. But when I try to use any of the Sheer Leggings textures, I get the results shown below. Seems the UV mapping changed because the textures are applied to the pantyhose wrong.

This is SO INCREDIBLY frustrating!! I'm filing a bug report but any chance I had of finishing a render tonight are gone. DAZ is long gone for the day. This contest seemed like fun, but it isn't much fun when nothing is working like it should be.

sheergreatness2.jpg
    379 x 808 - 56K
    edited May 2013

Did you change the UV to UVsetA? The addon pack uses that UV. The pantyhose has 3 UV sets. In the products tutorial it explains all that. Also in my addon pack there is an icon that changes the UV for you. It's not automatic like the other set.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Did you change the UV to UVsetA? The addon pack uses that UV. The pantyhose has 3 UV sets. In the products tutorial it explains all that. Also in my addon pack there is an icon that changes the UV for you. It's not automatic like the other set.

Got it. Don't know how I missed that. I did actually read the tutorial, lol...
  • edited December 1969

So what time tomorrow is the deadline? I have another one rendering, but it is taking forever! lol

• chachahchachah Posts: 27
    edited May 2013

Thanks a lot for the extra time. I've just finished rendering.
    Here is my Long-Legged Lady. All she is wearing make use of the SG shader.

LongLeggedLady.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 534K
    Post edited by chachah on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited May 2013

Greetings,

nedkelly said:
    Couldn't decide which of these to enter so I figured I'd just put them both in. The artist's studio one is my personal favorite but it didn't showcase the product very well. Please feel free to critique these as I am fairly new to DAZ and all input is welcomed.
    The first one is a neat idea, and nicely executed!

The first thing that calls out to me is the lack of shadows under the divan and table, and even between her and the divan. I'm not sure where your lights are positioned, but you want to enable shadows on at least one of your lights that's shining on her and the divan. There's also a bit of a 'scrunch' of classic paintings in the space above the easel, and the wall extending off gives the feeling that it's a really large room. Putting a wall in there just past the table instead might give the feeling of a more intimate space. Also, a touch of post-work on the art piece to give it a more natural media style.

It's a great idea, though! Ce n'est pas une femme.

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 769
    edited December 1969

Please accept my entry into your contest. This was originally a Blender/Cycles Render. I re-rendered it in DS 4.6 (!!) last night. Full size versions are at:

DS 4.6 (Contest Entry) -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/69269/view/1/3D-and-2D-Art/Night-Shadow-in-DAZ-Studio-4.6

Blender/Cycles (For comparison) -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/69268/view/1/3D-and-2D-Art/Night-Shadow-in-Blender/Cycles

GothNight03TN.jpg
    650 x 600 - 55K
    edited December 1969

Title: Cold Future

Now that I'm no longer an idiot and have read the tutorial a second time, I've completed a second render! Used Sheer Greatness stockings and Leggings expansion. Also used Sheer Greatness shaders on draped fabric, shirt, jacket, and hairband. Worth noting that the drapes were... challenging. Wasn't up to learning DAZ dynamics in a night, so I used a strange combination of 3DSMax and Poser to create them. Also used Miyu (MindVision G.D.S.), 14 MU Link Chamber (Predatron) and Pure Hair Lovely (Valea).

ColdFuture1.jpg
    1667 x 2000 - 376K
  • edited December 1969

Character render using the pantyhose and the shaer on both the hose and her gloves.

Moira.png
    1080 x 1778 - 663K
    edited December 1969

"Unimesh"

(It's ALL Sheer Greatness.)

Unimesh_Trans_Red.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 1M
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Here's my second entry.. I wasn't sure I would finish it.

In The Loft

She's wearing the stockings, and the top and panty are both using the shader. Good luck everybody. :)

SheerInTheLoft1.jpg
    1000 x 1400 - 245K
    edited December 1969

"Unimesh"

(It's ALL Sheer Greatness.)

I'd say this is sheer GENIUS! Excellent render!!