HD Morphs for Genesis 8?

Hi there, i've starting with G8 and Zbrush, but i can't figure out how to make HD morphs. (I only can GoZ at base resolution level). I wonder if there's a tutorial or something for it. :P 

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    namtar3d said:

Hi there, i've starting with G8 and Zbrush, but i can't figure out how to make HD morphs. (I only can GoZ at base resolution level). I wonder if there's a tutorial or something for it. :P 

The tools needed to create HD morphs are only available to DAZ PAs.

• namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 237
    Leana said:
    namtar3d said:

The tools needed to create HD morphs are only available to DAZ PAs.

Oh i see :( 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

What you can do is create a normal or displacement map from your HD details and use that in combination to the standard-res morph.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Note that hd morphs are unnecessary in most cases; in Iray, the best solution is Normal maps.

The one biggest exception are really unusual models, like ‘Rose woman covered with tiny shaped thorns’

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I wouldn't go overboard with all that. While it's neat & novel when you first learn of it in highsight many things look overwrought and artificial rather than less cartoonish but I suppose that is a style niche in itself as it's easy way to get a Steam Punk look to models. At any rate, it makes good practice and steady hand training.