Trying to fit Top Model Updo to G8...styling presets don't work. Any ideas how to fix?

Trying to fit Top Model Updo to G8...styling presets don't work. Any ideas how to fix?

Thank you!

Comments

• Don't "fit" it. Edit the scene identification.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited January 2018

Load the hair, select it (if not already) once its loaded.

See image

Works best with G3 to G8; can work with earlier versions to G8, but are likely to be more issues, but often worth it get all the bones available.

sene iden.JPG
    1396 x 738 - 101K
    Post edited by nicstt on
  • posecastposecast Posts: 386

Ok, I think there might be something missing in your screenshot...I cant figure out which drop down to pick to get that "Genesis 8/Female" selection to show up. I'm fitting this to Pei if that helps. Thanks so much I think I am getting close!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,697

Or you can try manually placing it and parenting it. Then the bones should still work...

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Or you can try manually placing it and parenting it. Then the bones should still work...

I do this on many hairs and they work perfectly. Make sure the figure is zeroed to make it easier. You can literally put any hair on any figure this way. Just scale to fit, use translate if needed (ie super short or tall characters.)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    nicstt said:

See image

Works best with G3 to G8; can work with earlier versions to G8, but are likely to be more issues, but often worth it get all the bones available.

I can never find the genesis 8 optioin in the dropdown and I know it has something to do with CMS from another thread, but can't seem to figure it out.. Anyone have an idea how to get it to show up

• nicstt said:

See image

I can never find the genesis 8 optioin in the dropdown and I know it has something to do with CMS from another thread, but can't seem to figure it out.. Anyone have an idea how to get it to show up

Try uninstalling and reinstalling G8.

Ok, i found where g8 is and selected female, but now when i bend the neck, the hair stays in place. Any ideas?

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited January 2018
    posecast said:

Ok, i found where g8 is and selected female, but now when i bend the neck, the hair stays in place. Any ideas?

After you change the scene identification you should be able to fit the hair to G8 and it will work normally instead of going through autofit which breaks things.

Post edited by agent unawares on

That worked. Thanks!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    nicstt said:

See image

i assume this is possible with DIM as I am not seeing an uninstall anywhere from a manual install. Guess I could try the control panel if all else fails.

• nicstt said:

See image

i assume this is possible with DIM as I am not seeing an uninstall anywhere from a manual install. Guess I could try the control panel if all else fails.

Yes you can uninstall with DIM from the Installed tab.

• davidtriunedavidtriune Posts: 452
    edited April 2019

you dont even need to move your character. just drag the hair into the scene, set parent to head, and reset the parameter values for translate and rotate.

Capture2.JPG
    397 x 433 - 30K
    Capture.JPG
    1038 x 487 - 120K
    Post edited by davidtriune on