Adding old props to poser 11

I have many old poser props that I would like to add to poser 11.  I tried using winzip but it doesn't seem to know where to install them.   Poser 11 seems to be in both "Program/smith micro/poser 11  and Programs/x86/smith micro/poser 11.     I realize I will need to add the files manually but don't know where they should go.   The props are from Treeki  Girl 

Thanks  Ron

Comments

• Don't put content in the application folder. Where are your actual libraries for Poser - I don't have Poser 11 but recent versions have defaulted to Smith Micro/Poser # Content in the Public Docuemnts folder.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127

You installed both the 64 and 32 bit versions of Poser 11. As Richard suggested there should have been a Poser 11 Content folder created in Public Documents. You could install to that folder or create a new folder for Trekkie Girl Stuff and map that new content folder using the add library icon at the top corner of the Poser Library pane.

• mrposer said:

Thank you ..... the folder you referred to is there and I have started loading the various props.   I would not have found the folder with your help.  

Ron

You insThtalled both the 64 and 32 bit versions of Poser 11. As Richard suggested there should have been a Poser 11 Content folder created in Public Documents. You could install to that folder or create a new folder for Trekkie Girl Stuff and map that new content folder using the add library icon at the top corner of the Poser Library pane.

• Looks like Poser 11 got both of us TG! ;)

• "...a Poser 11 Content folder created in Public Documents."

Yes, it's there. Thank you. I'll be keeping most of my content on E:, adding / removing from library per project needs, but that's worth knowing.

Now to wrangle some classic V3/M3 etc self-installers...

• If you want really old self installers to behave properly, it's a good idea to create a new text file in the runtime you want to put the stuff in & rename it poser.exe. So if you are using a runtime folder called D:\Runtimes\Millenium Figures\ (for example) put it right under there.  Although if it's from DAZ, check to see if the download been converted to a zip file.