Where is the D-Force manual so I can RTFM

I want to read the funny manual for D-Force so I will know what I am doing and not ask stupid questions because I did not RTFM?

Comments

• The sticky thread provides a technical overview, but no real hands-on "to achieve X, perform Y" instruction. Hit me up if you have questions the sticky thread either doesn't cover adequately or takes too long to get to.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 2017

The sticky thread provides a technical overview, but no real hands-on "to achieve X, perform Y" instruction. Hit me up if you have questions the sticky thread either doesn't cover adequately or takes too long to get to.

I got this far in trying to figure it out.

edit to add another screenshot of the issue.

dforceissue.png
    737 x 818 - 197K
    dforceissue2.png
    941 x 287 - 12K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • The sticky thread provides a technical overview, but no real hands-on "to achieve X, perform Y" instruction. Hit me up if you have questions the sticky thread either doesn't cover adequately or takes too long to get to.

What video card/GPU do you have? What CPU?

edited December 2017

The sticky thread provides a technical overview, but no real hands-on "to achieve X, perform Y" instruction. Hit me up if you have questions the sticky thread either doesn't cover adequately or takes too long to get to.

What video card/GPU do you have? What CPU?

hmmm not sure but I am trying to figure out ASAP

edit: is this the CPU info you wanted?

cpuinfo.png
    552 x 92 - 7K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • You might have to download and install the Intel OpenCL drivers to use the CPU for dForce. If that's a laptop, it should have either an Nvidia or AMD GPU (Graphics Processor), and should be capable of OpenCL 2.1, which dForce requires. There should have been an error stating the OpenCL kernels weren't compiled the first time you ran the simulation. If you don't let it compile the kernels, you can't play with it.

• Yes, that CPU should be supported by the intel OpenCL drivers - it's linked from the https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203081/dforce-start-here#latest thread.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

Yes, that CPU should be supported by the intel OpenCL drivers - it's linked from the https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203081/dforce-start-here#latest thread.

Richard,this

I tried running this and got the attached error message.  My set up pc has motherboard graphics, rather than a GPU.  If I understand the message correctly, I have to uninstall the graphics driver for the motherboard before I can install Open CL. I am reluctant to do anything this drastic, since the motherboard is about four or five years old and I don't have copies of the other drivers.

Cheers,

Alex.

Open CL Problem.jpg
    674 x 523 - 108K
  • PadonePadone Posts: 3,476
    edited January 2018

The best way for intel is to use the DSA so it does everything by itself. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

If you have a nvidia card you should be fine with the latest drivers too. Unless the card is Fermi or below that only supports OpenCL 1.1. For example 800M 820M notebook cards are Fermi. So it doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be an old card.

Post edited by Padone on
  • You might have to download and install the Intel OpenCL drivers to use the CPU for dForce. If that's a laptop, it should have either an Nvidia or AMD GPU (Graphics Processor), and should be capable of OpenCL 2.1, which dForce requires. There should have been an error stating the OpenCL kernels weren't compiled the first time you ran the simulation. If you don't let it compile the kernels, you can't play with it.

I assume that's a typo for OpenCL 1.2

• Brain fart

I am unable to compile the OpenCl for some unknown reason.  Is there a way to compile it outside of Daz?

• https://ark.intel.com/products/29760/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-T7300-4M-Cache-2_00-GHz-800-MHz-FSB

This doesn't state OpenCL capability. Does dForce require hyperthreading?

Okay I did a system wipe and a reinstall.  Now trying it out again.

Did a new computer purchase and now trying it out again.

• Good luck. Holler if you need more help.

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,587

I feel your pain. I always read the manual first! When I first purchased Lightwave I read the manual and the light turn on (In my mind anyway). Unforturnatly, it takes a dedicated programmer to write a manual and Daz may not want to do this as they are giving the software away for free. Most of us just flounder around in the dark and push buttons until something works or they annoy enough people on the forums that someone takes pity on them and lets them know how to flip the light switch to the on position to see inside the dark room. Sorry to sound so negative but this is something that has been asked for many times and the answer is a resounding NO. There is a sort of daz wiki but if you search it is full of holes. So good luck in your search for enlightenment.

~from a fellow traveler in the dark deeps of Daz studio.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

I want to read the funny manual for D-Force so I will know what I am doing and not ask stupid questions because I did not RTFM?

Check this thread -> https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/208141/how-to-use-dforce-creating-a-blanket-draping-clothes-on-furniture-and-much-more because it's about as close as You can get to a manual for dForce.

• Yeah, even compared to the old daz dynamic cloth plugin, dforce is not a winner.

• Yeah, even compared to the old daz dynamic cloth plugin, dforce is not a winner.

Because it doesn't have a formal manual. which is the topic of this thread?

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

Yeah, even compared to the old daz dynamic cloth plugin, dforce is not a winner.

not true

or tell why

Is it possible to turn Poser Dynamic cloth into DForce outfit?

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Is it possible to turn Poser Dynamic cloth into DForce outfit?

Dynamic cloth seems (!) to usually (!) work pretty well with dForce.

• OpenStoryOpenStory Posts: 31
    I have a GeForce drive for my computer and every since it updated, my dforce applications are crashing. Anyone know what's going on with dforce. No problems before this. Thanks
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

Yeah, even compared to the old daz dynamic cloth plugin, dforce is not a winner.

I'm struggling to make the switch from DCC to dforce, too. To me, the DCC tool is much easier to control. And so far, the two 'master' tutorials I bought are absolutely no help.

• I have a GeForce drive for my computer and every since it updated, my dforce applications are crashing. Anyone know what's going on with dforce. No problems before this. Thanks

Updated what - DS or the driver?