Interactive License for Carrara 8.5 Pro

Please advise regarding interactive license for Carrara 8.5 Pro.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

DAZ wants more of your money. devil

It might cover usage of Carrara assets in games not sure you would need to ask DAZ.

they put those interactive licenses on everything willy nilly even stuff unuseable in games so I doubt any thought went into it.

I cannot see it affecting your own work like modelling and rigging as like renders that is something you produced using the program not something already in it being redistrubited in a game. It would affect browser assets and the preset trees, terrains etc but should not affect a terrain say created by yourself or self dialed trees and vertex modelled leaves etc I imagine but again can ask to clarify. We cannot speculate.

I fortunately already have the old license they discontinued that would cover this, in fact that was one reason I had grabbed it when on sale in case I ever made a game I would be covered what ever I used from Carrara and any other DAZ originals I used.

DAZ are the only ones who can answer so submit a ticket.

to also help fathom the reason

Hexagon does not have one as just a modeller

https://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-2-5-download-version

But Bryce which contains premade assets does

https://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro

so I have to conclude your own modelling ok but need license to reuse included assets in games better ask DAZ though.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103

Yeah... I wouldn't use Carrara trees or terrains, etc., in a game or asset to be sold without having it. But if you'r using your own creations made within Carrara, you should be fine.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2018
    I Samuel said:

Please advise regarding interactive license for Carrara 8.5 Pro.

If you need the definitve clarification I suggest that you contact Daz by filing a help ticket.  No one on the forums can really give you a definitve answer,  but the Carrara downloads do include a significant amount of content that needs a license.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 305

Thanks all and Happy New Year !!!!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103

You too, my friend! You Too!!!

I would be interested in hearing what DAZ has to say if you contact them and share here.