The IBL Master Appreciation Thread..

Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955
edited December 2017 in The Commons

As the title says an appreciation thread for IBL Master, of which I picked up earlier and having fun learning all about it..  The two images below were created using it and rendered in 3DL, used 2 HDR's from DimensionTheory's Skies of iRadiance https://www.daz3d.com/skies-of-iradiance-sunny-sky-hdris-for-iray, https://www.daz3d.com/skies-of-iradiance-night-sky-hdris-for-iray for the light source.. I am quite chuffed at how well they work..

So please share your images you have created using this product and what you think of it, and thank you to Parris for putting in the hard work in creating this awesome product.. https://www.daz3d.com/ibl-master-for-daz-studio :D

Post edited by Ghosty12 on

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

yes I'm so glad the waiting is over!

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955

Yeah me too, and it renders pretty fast just love it, glad that I have plenty of HDRI's.. :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

While I think people don’t get how fast Iray can be... I am -stoked- at the idea of faster realistic 3dl renders! Woooo!

edited December 2017
    Oso3D said:

While I think people don’t get how fast Iray can be... I am -stoked- at the idea of faster realistic 3dl renders! Woooo!

The thing is that IBL Master handles Iray as well.. The main thing is that even with Iray around I primariliy use 3DL as it is what I am used to using among other things.. :D And to me at least 3DL is faster with this product compared to 3DL using UE2, and a lot less fuss with light setup, though there are times other lights are needed..

Surface Tab.PNG
    230 x 552 - 33K
    Surface Tab1.PNG
    228 x 537 - 30K
    Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Good news for all my 3DL-stuff! Already in my cart.

• All I can say is WOW!

What an amazingly useful product. Just did a few trials with some Iray hdri's, and the ability to see where the light source is coming from is perfect, and the ability to add extra movable light targets, is in my opinion, pure genius.

I will now have to try some 3delight renders to see the improvements this product adds there.

Thank you Parris, for me this has to be product of the year!

smiley

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

So pleased this is out.  Funny enough I had a waking dream one morning and thought "why can't 3DL do what iRAY does? I know there are many hidden values in 3DL or a more robust version that could be paid for but now... it seems we have a more completed version of it that can go toe to toe with iRAY.. it will make my development for both much much nicer.  In the cart and will check out shortly and see what I can do in DS when it's installed.  Thank you SO SO much for this much needed too.

• This looks like an awesome product. I punched the checkout button on this one!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Yeah baby! Been waitin' on this one! :D

Laurie

Renders are indeed very fast and it's nice to be getting reflective feedback but my HDR image.. how do I get my character to look like she's on the ground rather than floating?  I can't seem to figure out how to do that.... LOL

Yeah I am very happy with the product having a blast playing around with it.. :)

• NaviNavi Posts: 443

I've just barely scratched the surface of this amazing product, so far, but this an absolute must-have for virtually any Daz/Iray user, and I didn't even check the 3Delight features yet... Congrats to Parris for such an innovative set :)

edited December 2017
    RAMWolff said:

Renders are indeed very fast and it's nice to be getting reflective feedback but my HDR image.. how do I get my character to look like she's on the ground rather than floating?  I can't seem to figure out how to do that.... LOL

Characters and items look slightly "above" the HDR in preview, but you can check ground height by clicking/zooming on your character's feet, you'll see there should be a semi-transparent ground, more or less at the same level (it's what it does for me at least) ;)

Post edited by Navi on

RIGHT.  Aware of that but still she floats and not like in "IT" lol  when I managed to get her looking closer to the ground I guess it's not enough because there is still no sign of a ground shadow under her. 

You don't have that kind of semi-transparent ground showing ? I must have some special settings on my Studio setup without knowing then, sorry :) . In my few tests, I clicked on the character's feet, and saw that almost transparent plane slightly poking through with the feet, that's why I suggested that trick.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited December 2017
    RAMWolff said:

In the renders section there is a setting to turn on IRAY Engine: Render Settings > Draw Ground (Turn in ON)

You may prefer to swtich ground position mode to manual, and then play around with it yourself - I tend to.

No clue on 3Delight.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Nice.

Any tips on sharper shadows, or is that primarily an issue of HDR?

Tiger in the Jungle.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 580K
    Oso3D said:

Nice.

Opposite request here :) , anyone knows a way to soften HDRs shadows ? I use Sun/Sky mode all the time because 99% of the HDRs I've tried do cast some very sharp/harsh shadows.

• So quite excited to try this, but I cannot find the instruction manual after installing it.  That's one thing I miss about zip files :(  I can't even find the IRAY skies I have that IM says I own and have installed.  I don't even remember buying them, but apparently own skies of iRadiance.  Where can I find how to set this up and use this?  Thanks.      

• Oso3D said:

Nice.

Will, that's very nice!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515

...so put this question out on the 3DL thread (as no thread for this product was up yet last night).  When rendering with 3DL, do you need to use HDR environments with it or will it work with a full geometry setting and skydome as well as AOA Spot/Distant Lights

In the cart (almost half price with my Loyalty Reward and the new item deiscount) but haven't clicked "Checkout" yet.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 2017

KK, ask Parris right now in the commercial thread. He's been answering questions and just answered another. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/215066/ibl-master-image-based-lighting-control-for-both-renderers-a-new-ibl-for-3delight-commercial/p1

Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
  • FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    RAMWolff said:

RIGHT.  Aware of that but still she floats and not like in "IT" lol  when I managed to get her looking closer to the ground I guess it's not enough because there is still no sign of a ground shadow under her. 

If your figure is standing far away from the center of the ground (the 0,0,0 position) you may be positioning it on top of part of the image that is not ground - you may be positioning the figure on part of the image that is wall, or trees, or buildings - so it will look like they are floating above the ground.

• RAMWolff said:

Are you rendering in 3DL or Iray?

• ParrisParris Posts: 392

Wow, I didn't know this thread existed. So nice. Thank you all!

I think it would be best to continue answering technical questions in the Commercial thread though. Otherwise I can't keep up.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/215066/ibl-master-image-based-lighting-control-for-both-renderers-a-new-ibl-for-3delight-commercial

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562
    edited December 2017

Thanks for getting back so quickly, and sorry I missed that . . . sold!

- Greg

Oops - wrong thread . . . doh!

Post edited by algovincian on
  • MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited December 2017

Haven't used 3delight since Iray came out, and thanks to IBL Master I'm having a great time re-visiting some old Characters.

This is Edinburgh by Danae at Renderosity.

The free HDRI is Sierra_Madre_B from  http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html  used with thanks and credit.

The scene uses the HDRI and two slightly adjusted extra IBLM Lights provided as part of the IBL Master application.

Edinburgh for M4 by Danae.png
    1224 x 812 - 2M
    Post edited by Musicplayer on
  • Another character I bought recently for V4, enhanced by IBL Master and rendered in 3delight with an HDRI.

smiley

Tokyo for V4 by Danae.png
    1224 x 812 - 2M
  • No clue what I'm doing, but impressed with the quickness.  I might be able to get on this iRAY wagon.  The blue one is iRAY/iRadiance HDRIs that I didn't know I had.  The orange one is 3Delight.  These both rendered in 5 minutes or less.  I've never gotten an iRAY to do anything for me other than make me want to pull out my hair.  And I have a fancy NVIDA card :(  

Now, if I could just figure out how to position the light...regardless, I need more skies now ROFL.  

HDRI Iray.jpg
    1650 x 1238 - 657K
    HDRI Trial 2.jpg
    1650 x 1238 - 949K