Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

where the thread? oh, here it is :D

we iz having crazy Fahrenheits.

Today Partly Cloudy High93° Low75°
    Tomorrow Mostly Sunny High95° Low74°
    Friday Scattered Thunderstorms High89° Low70°

95F tomorrow. it's a stay home day. gotta to put the a/c in the window. dang, that thing is so heavy. i'm afraid my dog will get sick without the a/c. i left ice cubes in his water dish this morning and the fan going. my poor Bubby. he's a senior citizen.

new baby booz :lol:
    Slush the sled dog

booSlush.jpg
    380 x 461 - 43K
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

In case it's of interest, I see that the latest issue of 3D Artist Magazine includes a free trial of Maxwell, a free trial of Lightwave, AND free V5 and M5!
    https://www.imagineshop.co.uk/magazines/3dartist/3d-artist-issue-43.html

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Slush the sled dog

Hey, my kids have that one! :-)
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Normal passes are interesting. Useless for me because I don't have a compositing software like Nuke or Fusion, but I like how the bump detail is there :3
    It even applied DoF to it!

Untitled-_normals_8.jpg
    600 x 450 - 174K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

In case it's of interest, I see that the latest issue of 3D Artist Magazine includes a free trial of Maxwell, a free trial of Lightwave, AND free V5 and M5!
    https://www.imagineshop.co.uk/magazines/3dartist/3d-artist-issue-43.html

Thanks. Is always a couple of months before it gets to the shops here :)

edited June 2012

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:
    Oh I see it thanks, would never have thought of Soccer, is off the radar here. Wow, that's cheap *boggle* I got Messiah Studio in a promo but I forget how much it was.

Yeah I've been trying the demo, and must say my mind is blown away! I love the Fire interactive preview (Sorta like iRay) and the Physical Sun. However, the materials and sun/sky settings are a LOT more compliocated than even Vray's and that's saying something!
    C4D Cafe had a review of Maxwell Render here. Worth a read just to see some of the basics: http://www.cafedownloads.com/reviews/Maxwell/

Mojoworld skies were my first love *sigh* There's a complicated bit of software, all nodes and philosophies of fractals. One day Mojo will stop working and not love me back any more, until then -

REdSkies_00116.jpg
    800 x 335 - 22K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

95F tomorrow. it's a stay home day. gotta to put the a/c in the window. dang, that thing is so heavy. i'm afraid my dog will get sick without the a/c. i left ice cubes in his water dish this morning and the fan going. my poor Bubby. he's a senior citizen.

Slush the sled dog

*waves* cool 8)

edited December 1969

Corel Photo & Video Pro X3 Bundle - shipping soon it says.

i'm taking a week off in July to put together some animated frames. not using IDL, so i hope the flickering phenomenon doesn't happen.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Slush the sled dog

*waves* cool 8)

thanks. snow cones weather. i should get frostypaws for my doggie. he luvs frostypaws.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Normal passes are interesting. Useless for me because I don't have a compositing software like Nuke or Fusion, but I like how the bump detail is there :3

there's a guy in his mouth? :lol:

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited June 2012

Rezca said:

There is a guy in his mouth :3
    I like my sea beasties BIG VERY BIG but like my land beasties more reasonably sized. Dunno why. Maybe Leviathan from FFII is to blame?
    *edit* There was this very very cute image of a dragon not quite as big as this guy here, but was sitting on a hoard of gold and stuff, but his greatest and most precious treasure of all was his baby daughter who was curled up by his arms.

mouth.jpg
    600 x 450 - 43K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Rezca said:

There is a guy in his mouth :3
    I like my sea beasties BIG VERY BIG but like my land beasties more reasonably sized. Dunno why. Maybe Leviathan from FFII is to blame?
    *edit* There was this very very cute image of a dragon not quite as big as this guy here, but was sitting on a hoard of gold and stuff, but his greatest and most precious treasure of all was his baby daughter who was curled up by his arms.

woohoo great image :)

edited December 1969

Self-inflicted complaint: we didn't split this last night, thinking it would give you all a chance to discuss titles. What I was forgetting was that with this new system, when splitting a thread you have to check every bloody post you want in the split thread. Of course I missed one, but fortunately we do now have the ability to merge threads and move posts. Still, Grrrrrrrrrrs at self.

Gratitude - is a lot of change to take in all at once ;)

edited December 1969

Haz big tired, sleep nao zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

a box on my love seat was mewing loudly. Now Melody is in the box and the mewing has pretty much stopped.

I just got up. Partly due to not being able to get to sleep right away. I need to make something to eat.

edited December 1969

the only diner within walking distance closed. :(

no more tomato soup day, yankee pot roast day, wahhhh

diner was there 41 years. they sold to a developer.

edited December 1969

I saw little fuzz balls in the box that was mewing earlier.

edited December 1969

i was about to place the order at amazon but the price of the Corel bundle went up on me.to 24 dollars. Eeek!

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited June 2012

There is a heat wave in the Washington and Baltimore metropolitan area. I think the heat advisory goes from Chancellorsville, Va to north of Boston, Ma. Ick. It is 95 degrees Fahrenheit in suburban Baltimore but it feels like 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Now I know how people in the southern part of the United States feel during the summer.

I still haven't re-installed my runtime library because I am low on disk space. I gotta go and eat lunch. Bye all

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

heat waveee omg, i hope the bus isn't half hour late again, or worse. taking a taxi home from the bus stop, hoping frostypaws doesn't thaw waiting for the taxi. my poor buppy is waiting for me to come home and put the a/c in the window.

oh, there are 2 green squares under my name now. what does the green squares mean?

in poser, the green squares are for dynamic hair guides.

if i call in and stay home tomorrow, i will use the free time to finish something i'm making for the marketplace.

edited December 1969

i was about to place the order at amazon but the price of the Corel bundle went up on me.to 24 dollars. Eeek!

wuh oahs - there is used and new starting from 15.95.

some of the reviews, looks like people are having problems with the software.

Kiki shipped. yayy. there's a talking kitteh in the movie.

edited December 1969

Why is there always poop in the litter box. I clean it and then poop shows up. Clean it and then poop shows up.

edited December 1969

at least it's in the litter box :)

i'm browsing my itemized order history for fun. there's item names i don't remember. like Alpenrosli? Alley Sprite? (i'm in the 'A's :lol:)

edited December 1969

at least it's in the litter box :)

i'm browsing my itemized order history for fun. there's item names i don't remember. like Alpenrosli? Alley Sprite? (i'm in the 'A's :lol:)

I think my fafsa got approved. I just have to wait until my school gets it. I hope it is enough.

Glad the poop is in the litter box. When will the kittens start using the litter box?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

Ours were three weeks old when we got them and they started then.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Ours were three weeks old when we got them and they started then.

Mine are just a bit older than a week old. They kept me up last night with their mewing. Right now Melody is with them.

I wonder how i am going to tell the difference between the two gray kittens. The cream one is being called Doctor Creampuff. I have not decided on a name for the tortoise shell one.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

I can't really say what age they can start. These are the youngest we've ever owned.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I can't really say what age they can start. These are the youngest we've ever owned.

Well these kittens are the youngest I have owned.

oh great now i have to go to the bathroom.

edited June 2012

yumma a delicious recipe

this sounds refreshing for 95F day

Alabama Slammer.

Ingredients:

1/2 oz sloe gin
    1 oz amaretto
    1 oz Southern Comfort
    dash of lemon juice

Preparation:

Pour the amaretto, Southern Comfort and sloe gin in a chilled highball glass with ice.
    Add the dash of lemon juice.
    Stir well.
    Strain into a shot glass.

yummmm http://cocktails.about.com/od/atozcocktailrecipes/r/Hurricane.htm

deliberating trying the crepes again. (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Basic-Crepes/)
    my problemo is i have an electric stove.

or stop off for one of these on the way :)

gdivapron.jpg
    723 x 550 - 88K
    Dessertsmudslide.jpg
    144 x 144 - 8K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Name the tortie as "Cupcake"?

Also, hello, what's all this then... we can haz a new thread?

This discussion has been closed.