The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

I need to get to sleep but I hear kitten Mewing over and over. I am also thirsty.

How does one get more dragons at DA? I see you have 8 dragons.

From the FAQ: "It's possible to adopt up to 7 dragons, but you can adopt even more dragons using Dragon Coins without the level 30 limitation."
    The coins can get very expensive very quickly, so unless you're swimming in resources literally, it can take a while to get more than 8 or 9 dragons (I've seen someone with twelve.)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    edited December 1969

I bought an item for one of my dragons, how do I give it to one of my dragons.

edited December 1969

I bought an item for one of my dragons, how do I give it to one of my dragons.

I figured it out.

I am so thirsty. Just so thirsty.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

/whew! DEAD FISH ON A PLATE for lunch! Then grabbed some beer, and home before the rain starts!

PPro is looking good again, I can't find another character that chokes it. Whew! Amazing how fast it renders even with SSS turned on.

...I was able to successfully render a scene in PP2010 using AO on my old 32 bit notebook. Total time something like fifteen minutes rendering in background mode.

Rendering with AO in Studio is a quick trip to a crash.

Next have to play with the Queue Manager.

edited December 1969

I need to figure out what to drink and get some sleep.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm wondering why you folks do not start a DRAGON thread of some kind. I also wonder why I do not see a CAT thread. I find both in many many threads. Don't you all think one thread about them each would get many more posts as long as you kept it going? This is the Commons, can't we talk about anything as long as it follows the DAZ TOS?

Not a COMPLAIT just wondering. After all, I started the Stupid Thread just so we could talk about stupid stuff, it has LOTS of Cats, I'm not sure about posts about Dragons but I think a thread would fly if one was started about Egg's and Dragons and stuff. I would read a Cat thread if we had one, I plan to get a new camera this year too, so I would post after I got it. I like Dragons also and I do CLICK on eggs from time to time when I figure out what I need to do first. Like register ect...

Just another random ramble. Feel free to ignore as normal.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

is a Lightwave render

OldWarehouse2_03_v006_004.jpg
    800 x 335 - 23K
    edited December 1969

aye cannae keep me eyes open - nighty nite and pleasant dragon snores :)

I wish I could give you a musical carousal of little horses to put on your desk. with three little horses going round and round with lots of pretty flowers all around it.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm wondering why you folks do not start a DRAGON thread of some kind. I also wonder why I do not see a CAT thread. I find both in many many threads. Don't you all think one thread about them each would get many more posts as long as you kept it going? This is the Commons, can't we talk about anything as long as it follows the DAZ TOS?

Not a COMPLAIT just wondering. After all, I started the Stupid Thread just so we could talk about stupid stuff, it has LOTS of Cats, I'm not sure about posts about Dragons but I think a thread would fly if one was started about Egg's and Dragons and stuff. I would read a Cat thread if we had one, I plan to get a new camera this year too, so I would post after I got it. I like Dragons also and I do CLICK on eggs from time to time when I figure out what I need to do first. Like register ect...

Just another random ramble. Feel free to ignore as normal.

Continuity amongst so much fragmentation is perhaps a virtue right now ;)

edited June 2012

I’m wondering why you folks do not start a DRAGON thread of some kind.

Meh I'd avoid such a thread if one was made.

Post edited by Rezca on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited June 2012

Jaderail said:
    School and if it really helps or not is up to the person. I did six years in a Trade school for Commercial Art. I almost starved to death, Wrong skill in the wrong place. I did manage to have a good long career in retail just because I was a fast learner and willing to do what it took. I ended with twenty plus years in management and a pension that now helps support me after my disability came on full force. If I had not tried art as a life I would regret it, if I had moved to another part of the country I might have made it. If I had not tried retail and liked it it would have not worked out either. If your not willing to Do what it takes it really does not matter one way or the other if school was part of it. I managed people with much more education in retail than I ever had but I had the will to do the job. The will to go to school and Use what you learn is up to everyone. I could have went to New York and worked in art all my life, the job was offered. I did not have the will to start all over in a new place.

Rambling on from a person that has done three career's but was only trained for one.

...yup, I know how that goes.

In primary and secondary school I was into the hard sciences as my dream was to be an astronomer. Unfortunately like most childhood dreams, that wasn't really all that practical, especially when you grew up in the heavily unionised "Rust Belt"

Oh, I also studied art, as drawing and painting came quite naturally to me. However, that too was considered more a frivolous hobby. than a lifetime career. Besides artists were always portrayed as being a little on the "eccentric" side.

So I continued to focus on math and physics in preparation for engineering school (aeronautical) . Just before graduating, the 70s recession and cancellation of the US SST programme threw the first of many curve balls. A.E.s were being laid off left and right and Seattle (where Boeing who I wanted to work for was HQ'd) was rapidly becoming a ghost town.

The recession also pretty much did in the most of the heavy industry in Great Lakes region as well. Union membership was no longer the security blanket most took for granted for generations.

So I fell back on that "frivolous" hobby along with new found interests in theatre and music. I went to school with the thought of going into teaching. That didn't last long as school systems, forced to pare their budgets, usually ended up cutting art, music, and drama offerings.

After several years of floundering around between jobs and going back to school (where I began taking programming courses). I landed a position with a cutting edge multimedia development firm which had incredible promise. That was until it was taken over by a totally clueless moron who believed this new "information superhighway being touted would go nowhere and summarily ran the company into the ground through bad decision making. We could have been both Google and Mozilla combined as we pioneered search engine and interactive UI development. We were "that bleedin close" (...ah well, so much for that 1962 Mercedes 300D Adenauer I was eying).

Finally ended up at the company I have been with for 17 years in the capacities of an account manager and digital print administrator.

Yeah, a half century+ journey can really have some odd twists and turns that take you to a place you never imagined.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I have been sleeping on the floor in the living room. Today I cleared off the bed. I just tried resting and reading on it. I just could not. The bed needs a good vacuuming at least every day for a week or more.

I feel overwhelmed. No body seems to be around to help me. I am not sure what is wrong with me. I remember a question asked to me over and over on a signal day, what is wrong with you? what is wrong with you? what is wrong with you?

Sometimes I fear that I will not survive to being thirty. I just keep messing up my life.

edited June 2012

I have been sleeping on the floor in the living room. Today I cleared off the bed. I just tried resting and reading on it. I just could not. The bed needs a good vacuuming at least every day for a week or more.

I feel overwhelmed. No body seems to be around to help me. I am not sure what is wrong with me. I remember a question asked to me over and over on a signal day, what is wrong with you? what is wrong with you? what is wrong with you?

Sometimes I fear that I will not survive to being thirty. I just keep messing up my life.

If you have ever read any of the BlumBlumShub threads Miss Bad Wolf, the one on the old DAZ site or the one on this new site, you know I do not hold back about my life. I tell people all about myself and really do not give a hoot what people think. I'm me and I'm okay in my own eyes. With that said let me tell you this. Because of my near death, my sudden onset disability and what it has forced me to live with and through I get very bad depression. You know how I managed to deal with it? I asked for help, yes that's right, I see a psychiatrist. I'm not saying you need one, but if you had someone to talk to that was not invested in your life, a person who understood and did the best they could to help you might be just the outlet you need. Your clergyman or priest would be more than happy to listen and offer you help and strength.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

@Kyoto Kid: I read you loud and clear. We who have been there done that understand. I think of it this way, Life Happens.

edited June 2012

The kittens are mewing loudly. I need to get some sleep but they are not happy.

i think one of the kittens is under the love seat. I do not know how to get him back to his litter mates.

Melody found a way to get him out of being under the love seat.

Posts consolidated

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Aw :)

edited December 1969

Next-Limit is having a sale on Maxwell Studio. Right now it's 50% off.

edited December 1969

Must be over :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Argh. Today feels like it is made out of suck.

edited June 2012

Try listening to it at least once. :3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOthZwXeLlE
    The music on its own is great, but Ezel-Ash, a group that specializes in doing remixes of game soundtracks, has successfully made it 10x as awesome.

ScreenHunter_27_Jun._20_04_.19_.jpg
    478 x 326 - 62K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Congrats on wrapping the thread already (^_^)/

... complaints? ... with the site the way it is, still too many targets. (>_<).</p>

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

Self-inflicted complaint: we didn't split this last night, thinking it would give you all a chance to discuss titles. What I was forgetting was that with this new system, when splitting a thread you have to check every bloody post you want in the split thread. Of course I missed one, but fortunately we do now have the ability to merge threads and move posts. Still, Grrrrrrrrrrs at self.

edited December 1969

Who is in charge of naming this thread? D:
    I sifted through the pages with 'complaint' in the FireFox search bar hitting Alt-N to find the thread and nothing. After going from Page 1 to Page 25+ and then back to page 1 I finally tried this one and it happened to be the right one?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

The sale? No it's still running and will be until some sports event is over. Actually the price will go back to 10% off if their country loses a game in the event, and with each game they win the discount goes up by 10% to a max of 50%. Interesting sale huh?
    Also complaint: I was allowed to post a response to the thread, and three seconds later I hit EDIT and it tells me to log in >_>

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Who is in charge of naming this thread? D:
    I sifted through the pages with 'complaint' in the FireFox search bar hitting Alt-N to find the thread and nothing. After going from Page 1 to Page 25+ and then back to page 1 I finally tried this one and it happened to be the right one?

Sorry was busy, we never had an earthquake here before and it kind of stirred things up :o

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:

The sale? No it's still running and will be until some sports event is over. Actually the price will go back to 10% off if their country loses a game in the event, and with each game they win the discount goes up by 10% to a max of 50%. Interesting sale huh?
    Also complaint: I was allowed to post a response to the thread, and three seconds later I hit EDIT and it tells me to log in >_>

All I see are the regular pages, must be a region specific thing :(

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Argh. Today feels like it is made out of suck.

It was cold today ;)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:

All I see are the regular pages, must be a region specific thing :(

http://www.maxwellrender.com/index.php/maxwell_render_suite/promo

edited December 1969

Oh I see it thanks, would never have thought of Soccer, is off the radar here. Wow, that's cheap *boggle* I got Messiah Studio in a promo but I forget how much it was.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Oh I see it thanks, would never have thought of Soccer, is off the radar here. Wow, that's cheap *boggle* I got Messiah Studio in a promo but I forget how much it was.

Yeah I've been trying the demo, and must say my mind is blown away! I love the Fire interactive preview (Sorta like iRay) and the Physical Sun. However, the materials and sun/sky settings are a LOT more compliocated than even Vray's and that's saying something!
    C4D Cafe had a review of Maxwell Render here. Worth a read just to see some of the basics: http://www.cafedownloads.com/reviews/Maxwell/

This discussion has been closed.