DAZ Studio Pro BETA (4.5.2.40) Update!

123457»

Comments

• ioanna72ioanna72 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Just want to report, that DSON conversion for hair dont work well,
    instead of having the hair conform in genesis head, they conform in hip inside poser ...
    as a content creator, i cant work with the new updated versions, i will remove the latest updates and roll back to the previous versions...
    please check this problem!

''DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.56_Win64''''
    ''DAZStudio_4.5.2.40_Win64''''

thank you!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

ioanna72 said:
    instead of having the hair conform in genesis head, they conform in hip inside poser ...
    as a content creator, i cant work with the new updated versions, i will remove the latest updates and roll back to the previous versions...

thank you!

Hiya,

In DAZ Studio if you go to the Help drop down menu there is an option to " Submit Feedback" and that will take you to the bug report area. Either create a user name and password or log on if you've already done so. Up in the right hand corner of the page is a drop down options menu. Make sure and choose "DAZ Studio 4 and then click the "Report Issue" link in the link bar in front of you. This is an important issue that needs to be resolved one way or the other.

Rich

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

ioanna72 said:

thank you!

1) Never make content in a BETA build of DS, it has a nasty habit of bitting you in the ass.

2) This is a BETA build of DS4.5, because of this DAZ have released a BETA build of the DSON Importer to go with it, so you might want to use that instead.

edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    ioanna72 said:

thank you!

1) Never make content in a BETA build of DS, it has a nasty habit of bitting you in the ass.

2) This is a BETA build of DS4.5, because of this DAZ have released a BETA build of the DSON Importer to go with it, so you might want to use that instead.

Yep, i remove the update and install the older ''DAZStudio_4.5.1.56_Win64'''' & '''DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.1.40_Win64''
    and working just fine:)

I would never work in the beta version, i only did that to please my clients who want Genesis in Poser:)

edited December 1969

Richard,
    i have remove it, so i cant report the problem...now...
    thank you:)

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Beta-thing: Since installing v4.5.2.40 I've been having trouble finding stuff in the product view of the Smart Content tab that turns out to be caused by the filter field being case-sensitive -- for example, with Genesis selected "TyRex" finds the product but "Tyrex" doesn't. I'm pretty sure that field wasn't case-sensitive in previous versions! Am I wrong?

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited May 2013

Fist time I've thought about using Surface Selection Sets in D|S 4.5.2.40 Beta since I installed it

GRRR... I can't figure out where to access them... got the surface tab open, and I see the Tag Surfaces item in the edit menu, but I can't find anything on the surface tab...

Oh... one more thing, can I apply surface selection sets so they apply to every character I've built, or do I have to apply them individually?

Post edited by wancow on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

from the Surfaces pane option menu choose Edit Surface Selection set(s), in the dialogue click Add... and give it a name, then with the new set highlighted check the surfaces you want included in it on the right (you may need to expand the dialogue. Repeat until done, then click Accept and the sets should appear at the top of the Surface list..

edited December 1969

DUH... that's the ONE place I didn't look! Thanks Richard! :)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,299
    edited May 2013

Is anyone else having trouble with dynamics with this build, I'm using the Mara cape it loads in but when ever I press drape DS crashes.

edited to add
    It seems ok now it was an old saved scene works fine with a fresh scene.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

from the Surfaces pane option menu choose Edit Surface Selection set(s), in the dialogue click Add... and give it a name, then with the new set highlighted check the surfaces you want included in it on the right (you may need to expand the dialogue. Repeat until done, then click Accept and the sets should appear at the top of the Surface list..

Surface can be grouped for a figure.It works very pretty. But I have the same shader in differents figures and need change the same parameters in the shader at same time. Is it possible set in one group surfaces from differents figures? If it do, would be very very useful.

edited December 1969

I think the only way I see to do it is to save a Genesis Preset, and load your old characters onto it... That's what I intend to do as soon as....

I figure out how to select the shader groups :( I have them created... and I'm looking on the Left Side of the Surfaces Tab... and I see nada... haysus I feel stupid today...

edited December 1969

Make sure the new group is highlighted on the left in the edit dialogue before you check the surfaces to add to it - when created it won't be highlighted.

edited December 1969

Okay, NOW it works! Thank you, Richard... thought I was going insane :)

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I actually some problem about saved duf scene in 4.5.1.56 .
    when open and use in this BETA

Opend saved scene, then create D-former about hair or clothing fit to genesis.
    no weight dot are visible, even though I select handle or base.
    and how I move handle there seems no effect to these meshes.
    but if I reload the hair, or items , it start to work.

it seems strange because when I select genesis, and apply D-former
    it work (every dot visible) .

I tried save it as new duf subset,,
    but the problme seems remain.

I do not compain about beta version,, but there should be some problem
    about scene which saved another version.

dformer2.JPG
    875 x 640 - 95K
    dformer1.JPG
    857 x 677 - 101K
    edited December 1969

Hmmm

I just tried the Symmetry dialog a few times right to left, left to right and it's not working. Can anyone try this tool and see if your getting it to work? If your also having the same issue as I am I'll make a bug report.

Thanks

Rich

edited December 1969

Worked for me earlier, on Genesis. You are setting the node to Root and propagation to recursive? And using it on an actual pose, not a pose made with the root-level pose controls?

edited December 1969

Hi Richard,

Yea, I got it figured out but had to leave for work quickly as my ride arrived. Turns out I had the Supersuit selected rather than Genesis. LOL I'm such a dork! :P

edited December 1969

Ah, easily done (as I have shown on numerous occasions).

• hzrhzr Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

The viewport is very slow now. You can test it yourself. Open the latest stable release, load genesis into the scene and drag it around a bit with the powerpose tool, then do the same with the beta. Catmark behaves very sluggish but also when you set it back to the regular catmul it is still almost half as responsive as what it used to be.

Almost seems like the speed has been cut in half. I find this unacceptable to use, please try to make sure to get some optimizations done before you release this as a stable version.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

heinz0r said:
    The viewport is very slow now. You can test it yourself. Open the latest stable release, load genesis into the scene and drag it around a bit with the powerpose tool, then do the same with the beta. Catmark behaves very sluggish but also when you set it back to the regular catmul it is still almost half as responsive as what it used to be.

Almost seems like the speed has been cut in half. I find this unacceptable to use, please try to make sure to get some optimizations done before you release this as a stable version.

I am not seeing this. What is your level of Sub-D and what is your Display Optimization (In preferences) set to, so we can look at recreating this?
  • hzrhzr Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

I am using a gtx460 with recent drivers. Settings are the same in the beta and the stable version, only difference being that the stable release works smooth when dragging bodyparts.

As you can see I have also enabled full skin binding and persistent sub-D, my regular sub-d level is usually 0 or 1 when posing, the tests I did were at sub-d level 1.

ds45_Prefs.jpg
    776 x 521 - 125K
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

heinz0r said:
    I am using a gtx460 with recent drivers. Settings are the same in the beta and the stable version, only difference being that the stable release works smooth when dragging bodyparts.

As you can see I have also enabled full skin binding and persistent sub-D, my regular sub-d level is usually 0 or 1 when posing, the tests I did were at sub-d level 1.

You have a 460 with current drivers? See that box that says Display Optimization?
    Set that to best make sure backface lighting is off and try again. :)

Now note not all video cards are created equal. Some of them even lie, to software, about what they support. So if that change causes DAZ Studio to be come less stable, highly doubtful with a 400 series or newer nVidia card, please set it to better, and if that doesn't work please go back to none. :)