Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Working on some hair.

wish my hair looked like that - well it use to :-)

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Working on some hair.

That's a compliment! :lol:

This is built on the DAZHairCap with a custom color shader...
    Just a prototype, but I'm trying to get it to a point where I can share...
    Unfortunately I killed my windows emulator so I can't make Browser Thumbnails at the moment.

Here's some stills:

Doc33.png
    600 x 600 - 258K
    Doc31.png
    600 x 600 - 318K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Working on some hair.

Unfortunately I killed my windows emulator so I can't make Browser Thumbnails at the moment.

Here's some stills:

Nice job on the hair! Do you know if you can add two hairs to a single model? For example if you wanted one set to fur and another set to long hair. A great example would be a horse with the fur for the body and the long hair for the main and tail.

Can't you use Boot camp and boot into Windows without an emulator?

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Working on some hair.

Here's some stills:

Nice job on the hair! Do you know if you can add two hairs to a single model? For example if you wanted one set to fur and another set to long hair. A great example would be a horse with the fur for the body and the long hair for the main and tail.

I can do better than that, I have an actual PC... %-P but it is in my kitchen... don't ask. :red:
    I need to download all the poserverse stuff to that computer and get it set up to read back and forth with my runtimes... ugh.

Yes, you can add many hairs to the same model, each painting their own area, even if those areas overlap.... You can also divide a single hair into hair groups, each with their own shader (multi-shaderdomain hair). There's reasons why you might want to do one or the other...

In the words of Dart...: HAIR ROCKS!!!

:lol:

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited April 2013

Yes Evil, you can

ic_horse.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 532K
    horse.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 415K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited April 2013

bigh said:
    Working on some hair.

Here's some stills:

I can do better than that, I have an actual PC... %-P but it is in my kitchen... don't ask. :red:
    I need to download all the poserverse stuff to that computer and get it set up to read back and forth with my runtimes... ugh.

Yes, you can add many hairs to the same model, each painting their own area, even if those areas overlap.... You can also divide a single hair into hair groups, each with their own shader (multi-shaderdomain hair). There's reasons why you might want to do one or the other...

In the words of Dart...: HAIR ROCKS!!!

:lol:

I knew about the hair groups, but was always afraid to add more than one hair. I didn't want Carrara to melt!

Here's one with a hair I designed. Tried going for a braid look, but I need to add a bit more softness or smoothness to the hair I think. I used a large hair as well. I probably need to change it to a medium.

looking_out_window.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 840K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

Yes Evil, you can

Those look very nice Wendy!

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

Guess you can all see where the inspiration for this one came and what is the aim... Messing with the water. and the lighting rig that EP was so kind to give to use and test. The terrain is going to be a pain but with Hans Zimer music it's not that hard.:-)

06.png
    640 x 480 - 450K
    edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:
    Guess you can all see where the inspiration for this one came and what is the aim... Messing with the water. and the lighting rig that EP was so kind to give to use and test. The terrain is going to be a pain but with Hans Zimer music it's not that hard.:-)

That's looking nice. Since you have stuff to reflect, have you considered swapping out the shaders on the sword for more reflective ones? Under the Shader Tab in your browser there is a Metal Directory that may have some shaders that fit the bill. Just select the sword and it's shading tab at the top right of the screen to see the lit of domains. Drop a shader into one of the domains that seem appropriate and see what it does. I think you'll be happy!

edited December 1969

Primivol animation...

Wizardball-4sec.gif
    360 x 360 - 2M
  • cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited December 1969

Awesome Holly!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210
    edited December 1969

Holly,
    That hair looks really good! Very nice, and I am really liking your Primivol animation, too. Primivol was always intriguing to me, but then I'd glamor over the add again, and it just comes a bit shy of selling me - even though I know, deep down, that there's got to be a lot more to it than what that add illustrates. Have you tried Primivol fire? Does it look really good? Nonetheless, I think the demo you're showing here sells me enough into wanting it at least for magical effects, etc.,

Wendy,
    That mane and tail are out of this world gorgeous!
    That has got to be the best I've ever seen! I just want to render that beautiful being all day!

EP,
    I think you've really pulled off braids nicely. Perhaps it was due to my hair count not being high enough, but every time I've tried going below 'Large' the hair always got really transparent. I bet the count just needs to get bumped up a lot. I really like that character.

Ilena,
    That is cool! I have some water based animations coming up, and I'm thinking of adding a meager particle emitter to have a few water droplets emerge as people and things disturb the water. Maybe a thought? I love the pic, please don't take my advice as meaning otherwise. We do that a lot in here :)
    On my main "Dartanbeck" character, I have given his sword a lot of highlight and reflection to match a perfectly tempered and well-honed blade. Check out just the opening to sequence to this tutorial where I enter, and start walking through the cave. The sword really shows it's qualities well in that shot.
    I really love swords and sorcery and the whole Merlin/King Arthur Genre. That is a very cool image you've made - and has some really great scene work going on! Keep up the excellent work!

edited December 1969

Holly,
    I am really liking your Primivol animation, too. Primivol was always intriguing to me, but then I'd glamor over the add again, and it just comes a bit shy of selling me - even though I know, deep down, that there's got to be a lot more to it than what that add illustrates. Have you tried Primivol fire? Does it look really good? Nonetheless, I think the demo you're showing here sells me enough into wanting it at least for magical effects, etc.,

I was actually thinking of you when I posted this, specifically your lady friend who is a spellcaster I believe...? I put this Wizard Ball up as a freebie on Cafe, so if you ever do get the plugin you can give it to her...

You won't be hearing any complaints from me about Primivol, except maybe that it *is* tooo opaque to figure out the controls.... I kind of see it like some fractal programs, lot's of inexplicable number fields that you just have to randomly poke at until you start to get a "feeling" how it works. I say "feeling" because it gives you so MANY controls I always loose track. Maybe I can start to make an in depth tutorial series on it (add it to the list...)

There is WAY more to it than the inagoni webpage suggests... Usually when I start out trying to make one thing I accidentally make something else in the process - like this Wizard Ball was going to be a sun or a quasar (I do sci-fi, not fantasy) but then it looked like something out of D&D so I couldn't help it...
    :P

I made what I thought was good looking fire back when Jetbird had a Cheese on Fire contest, but no one else commented *sniffle* so maybe it wasn't as good as I thought... HA! I don't think I still have the scene, but if I get good fire results I'll put up another freebie -- I'm loving how easy it is to just add a freebie to the new Cafe forums... I'm trying to resist the urge to perfect things and just put up scene files when I get good results. Not everything needs to be a "product", plenty of value in something that gets people started, or a scene to deconstruct.... The whole Poser marketplace mentality has really stifled Carrara DIY creativity, imho.

Wizardball.png
    640 x 640 - 358K
    edited December 1969

Holly,
    I am really liking your Primivol animation, too. Primivol was always intriguing to me, but then I'd glamor over the add again, and it just comes a bit shy of selling me - even though I know, deep down, that there's got to be a lot more to it than what that add illustrates. Have you tried Primivol fire? Does it look really good? Nonetheless, I think the demo you're showing here sells me enough into wanting it at least for magical effects, etc.,

I was actually thinking of you when I posted this, specifically your lady friend who is a spellcaster I believe...? I put this Wizard Ball up as a freebie on Cafe, so if you ever do get the plugin you can give it to her...

You won't be hearing any complaints from me about Primivol, except maybe that it *is* tooo opaque to figure out the controls.... I kind of see it like some fractal programs, lot's of inexplicable number fields that you just have to randomly poke at until you start to get a "feeling" how it works. I say "feeling" because it gives you so MANY controls I always loose track. Maybe I can start to make an in depth tutorial series on it (add it to the list...)

There is WAY more to it than the inagoni webpage suggests... Usually when I start out trying to make one thing I accidentally make something else in the process - like this Wizard Ball was going to be a sun or a quasar (I do sci-fi, not fantasy) but then it looked like something out of D&D so I couldn't help it...

I made what I thought was good looking fire back when Jetbird had a Cheese on Fire contest, but no one else commented *sniffle* so maybe it wasn't as good as I thought... HA! I don't think I still have the scene, but if I get good fire results I'll put up another freebie -- I'm loving how easy it is to just add a freebie to the new Cafe forums... I'm trying to resist the urge to perfect things and just put up scene files when I get good results. Not everything needs to be a "product", plenty of value in something that gets people started, or a scene to deconstruct.... The whole Poser marketplace mentality has really stifled Carrara DIY creativity, imho.

I've been working on a substantial freebie terrain. The one I've been posting from lately. Maybe I shouldn't say terrain, but more of a local environment. There will be a certain level of DIY with it, but I've tried to simplify the process so it's not as intimidating for the new folks. Once the beta testing is done, I'll be sure to post it to the Carrara Cafe.

BTW Holly, I've used quite a bit of procedural shaders for this project, and if it wasn't for your wonderful tutorials, and help that you've given to me and others here on the forum, I wouldn't have been able to get anywhere near the results that I have. Thank you.

I salute you!

Doc2.gif
    640 x 480 - 932K
    edited December 1969

That waving banner is so cool! I finally figured out how to make animated gifs again (I have to launch photoshop in 32bit mode), and now absolutely EVERYTHING must be an animated gif!!! lol.

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

Switching between this one and april entry. For now working on the background and than will proceed with adding all the details.
    I love the whole set of stories around once and future king and his mentor Merlin too. Seeing the animations presented makes me wish to just animate the whole scene. That would be cool but way too much work for now.
    I love Holly's animation. I know it's a wizard ball and all but it sucks you right in like a black hole. :)

13.png
    640 x 480 - 381K
  • stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

More "Thing" fun,inspired by a Mike Ploog storyboard.

(The storyboard is on my blog.)

The_Thing_Seventy_Five.jpg
    1050 x 504 - 253K
    edited December 1969

Super Gross Stu!

:grrr: lol

edited April 2013

Stu, I love the eyes. How do you get that iridescent look in the iris. Your eyes always seem to pop!

Or in this case, pop out and squirt goo! :lol:

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

my Carrara rendered avatar

ft.gif
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited December 1969

Stu, I love the eyes. How do you get that iridescent look in the iris. Your eyes always seem to pop!

Or in this case, pop out and squirt goo! :lol:

he must be using real ones that have been popped from their owners :)

nice avatar wendy, makes me jealous :)

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

I cut down on my normal quota of goo this time....there is a recession you know and shipping costs have gone through the roof!

The trick for the eyes is lighting a concave iris from the side and a nice highlight!

edited December 1969

Holly,

I made what I thought was good looking fire back when Jetbird had a Cheese on Fire contest, but no one else commented *sniffle* so maybe it wasn't as good as I thought... HA! I don't think I still have the scene, but if I get good fire results I'll put up another freebie -- I'm loving how easy it is to just add a freebie to the new Cafe forums... I'm trying to resist the urge to perfect things and just put up scene files when I get good results. Not everything needs to be a "product", plenty of value in something that gets people started, or a scene to deconstruct.... The whole Poser marketplace mentality has really stifled Carrara DIY creativity, imho.Okay... where do I start here...
    Um...
    Cool! That's the sort of thing that I really like!
    Okay, now that comment works for many of the points you've made:

* Too many controls so you have to obtain a "Feel"

* Accidentally D&D!!! (Love That!!!)

* Starting Point - rather that polished - I always take stuff apart anyways! LOL
    (but wait 'till you play with EP's scene! It is SO F... um... It's really amazingly cool!)

* Lady Friend/Lover/Wife with magical abilities...

I love these things!
    I'm sorry that nobody posted about your cool fire image. One thing that often happens in this thread is that a conversation with get rolling, and you'll see page after page of just text. Hidden back amongst the muck is really nice render here, an important comment or question there... Kinda sucks sometimes. I'm sure that everybody liked your fire and got intimidated by it. If "You" liked it (I know you can judge yourself too harshly, sometimes, about your renders), I'm sure it was excellent. Hope you find it some day. I have old drives laying around from my Poser days. Rosie was made of plastic back then, with horrible joint rotations and just didn't look like her. But within that pile of garbage can often be found some really cool things too... like the stuff I did making Conforming/Dynamic hybrid clothing! Fun to look back at old files sometimes! :)

edited December 1969

Pic from this morning's test render Carrara to CrazyTalk... You can watch the animation here (click the text link at the top of the post for full quality)
    http://carraracafe.com/forum-3/?cid=1&show=153#cid=1,tid=153

Modul8_-_Main_View_2013-04-26_at_13.32_.41_.png
    1280 x 720 - 936K
  • edited December 1969

Whew, I've been absent for quite a while, I decided to drop by and let everyone know I'm still alive though, lol ;-)

I brought an A3/Mulberry render with me as usual.

Doc6Cropped.png
    710 x 1024 - 411K
    edited December 1969

I decided to look at Mulberry for my latest animation
    however exporting a Poser scene
    (should have redone it in Carrara)
    got some really weird stuff happening with bulging eyes and legs
    (ended up editing in vertex room, hiding and re shading to match boots)I

aaslan010.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 1969

I worry about this Mulberry girl. I hope she lives in a warm climate...

edited December 1969

Koukotsu said:
    Whew, I've been absent for quite a while, I decided to drop by and let everyone know I'm still alive though, lol ;-)

I brought an A3/Mulberry render with me as usual.

Missed ya. Of in Skyrim defending the world, perhaps?
    Sweet Render as always!
    edited December 1969

my Carrara rendered avatar
    Wow!
    edited December 1969

Simply Awesome!